Author Topic: [IC] GMK Eclipse  (Read 39367 times)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [IC] GMK Eclipse
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 16:55:00 »
I like the burgundy (with the same color legend as the alphas and mods) more than the purple.  Maybe burgundy can just replace the purple accents?
As i said the burgundy accents are not doing well in combination with Eclipse (see the render below by Oblotzky). The orange accents do match the colorway way better. Also there are other two accents.
Show Image

Anyway i am staying with orange accents.

Color itself looks god and fits the colorway IMO, but legend color ruins it. If you'd change the legend color, I'd prefer it over the orange.

Oh well, who needs any other accent than the light blue one anyway. :D

The legend color is not the issue... (the legend color was kept just to make this fast render). The problem here is that burgundy does not pop as accent. It might look good in a different colorway constellation but not with this one.

I don't know, I still like it better than the orange personally. :O In any case, the teal accents are love.  :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 17:37:36 »
I like the burgundy (with the same color legend as the alphas and mods) more than the purple.  Maybe burgundy can just replace the purple accents?
As i said the burgundy accents are not doing well in combination with Eclipse (see the render below by Oblotzky). The orange accents do match the colorway way better. Also there are other two accents.
Show Image

Anyway i am staying with orange accents.

Color itself looks god and fits the colorway IMO, but legend color ruins it. If you'd change the legend color, I'd prefer it over the orange.

Oh well, who needs any other accent than the light blue one anyway. :D

The legend color is not the issue... (the legend color was kept just to make this fast render). The problem here is that burgundy does not pop as accent. It might look good in a different colorway constellation but not with this one.

I don't know, I still like it better than the orange personally. :O In any case, the teal accents are love.  :thumb:

Teal is always nice :))

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 19:50:36 »
I vote for eraser pink accents. Lol jk.

Offline Starius

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 21:22:39 »
Hmmmm.... trying to decide if that light "yuri" blue would compliment the wathet blue of a particular keyboard...  I think it might.

I'm linking the look of it, though!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 10:52:14 »
Hmmmm.... trying to decide if that light "yuri" blue would compliment the wathet blue of a particular keyboard...  I think it might.

I'm linking the look of it, though!

The yuri blue is going to be much more of a cool, very light blue. The wathet blue for the E6.5 looks to be more of a robins egg blue, with a little bit more green in it. It'll probably still look very good though  :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 12:38:38 »
I just read through the lines - some people are speaking about cyan color. It's not cyan but light blue which was used already for GMK Yuri alphas.

Anyway this is not the first time people call that color cyan or gray, so its not a biggy  :)) I just want to avoid any miss information ;)

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 12:53:24 »
I just read through the lines - some people are speaking about cyan color. It's not cyan but light blue which was used already for GMK Yuri alphas.
Show Image

Anyway this is not the first time people call that color cyan or gray, so its not a biggy  :)) I just want to avoid any miss information ;)

Hmm this photo just made me wonder. Maybe the Yuri orange would be a good compromise for those that wanted the burgundy over the orange? Since the Yuri orange is a reddish orange? Just a thought. I'm not sure if the color really works though...

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 13:00:38 »
Show Image

Hmm this photo just made me wonder. Maybe the Yuri orange would be a good compromise for those that wanted the burgundy over the orange? Since the Yuri orange is a reddish orange? Just a thought. I'm not sure if the color really works though...

V2 orange is just fine. It's not a pure orange and is very close to Carbon orange. It's more like a faded orange.

Yuri orange on the other hand is very loud. It's more of an burning/neon orange.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2019, 13:02:09 by T0mb3ry »

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 13:36:53 »
Show Image

V2 orange is just fine. It's not a pure orange and is very close to Carbon orange. It's more like a faded orange.

Yuri orange on the other hand is very loud. It's more of an burning/neon orange.

Ah yeah. I was just spitballing the idea. I don't mind the orange accents as they are.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 01:51:06 »
Show Image

id buy a yuri orange accent kit but mostly because i love that orange
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 16:02:55 »
id buy a yuri orange accent kit but mostly because i love that orange

If there was no moq i would definitely offer more kits with more accents.  :'(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 14:21:32 »
DROP IS LIVE

I will open GB thread and after its approval, this IC will be locked/closed ;)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 15:03:17 »
[/size]]GB Thread.

I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback and support ;)