Author Topic: Realforce colored keycap sets  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Tactile

Realforce colored keycap sets
« on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 09:12:50 »
According to Topre/Realforce they are, or soon will be, selling colored keycap sets again. These new sets include the audio volume & APC caps for the R2 series.

https://www.realforce.co.jp/en/products/R2-US-KT/
REΛLFORCE

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: Realforce colored keycap sets
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 09:56:11 »
If only they'd sell blank keycaps again!

Offline Riverman

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 11:12:30 »
I saw some of the colored ones for the R2 on eBay recently, so they're out in the wild.  The seller was asking almost as much as an entire keyboard, if I remember right.  A white set would be nice, too.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 11:16:43 »
finally! good news

Offline Polymer

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 13:11:33 »
I saw some of the colored ones for the R2 on eBay recently, so they're out in the wild.  The seller was asking almost as much as an entire keyboard, if I remember right.  A white set would be nice, too.

That's ridiculous...the older sets went up quite a bit because they were just getting really difficult to find.  I wouldn't expect the R2 sets to have that same squeeze which should drop the sets to a more reasonable level..

But who knows....I think on the plus side, Topre users are used to not having access to keycaps for Topre boards so it isn't a big deal..

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 09:01:33 »
Ooooooooo. Nice to know. Now to find a place to buy...
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 09:27:27 »
I really wish they could fit an 87u :(

Offline Riverman

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 10:57:05 »
The ones on eBay are still there, but they're listed as "Realforce Key Top Set".  No wonder I haven't found them lately!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 11:01:29 »
The ones on eBay are still there, but they're listed as "Realforce Key Top Set".  No wonder I haven't found them lately!

If those are for the r2 and aren't even available through authorized retailers yet, then them be hella overpriced. I'll wait.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline spamilton

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 12:41:46 »
Well, it's something at least, but I wish they had a more subtle option. I don't think many people are going to replace their entire keys with one of these colors. I'd probably use some of the reds on my black board, but yes, they are probably going to be very expensive since it is a whole set.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 12:44:51 »
Just talked to fujitsu usa. They won't be carrying them. @#$@$@

Also... MK.com doesn't have them on their "incoming" page.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 October 2020, 13:01:25 by absyrd »

Offline Polymer

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 13:56:30 »
I really wish they could fit an 87u :(

They can...except for the bottom row....

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 11:27:27 »
Remind me of the price of the 104 sets from EK, please? Other than that pink blossom clear-out at the end, of course.

Offline Riverman

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 12:11:51 »
Why on Earth is their US distributor not carrying the US layout ANSI set?  It makes no sense.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 12:26:38 »
I can understand fujitsu for it being business-geared... but why they aren't sending them to mk.com, I have no idea.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 13:29:51 »
I can understand fujitsu for it being business-geared... but why they aren't sending them to mk.com, I have no idea.

Maybe someone just needs to reach out to them..if their normal distributor doesn't want to take them on, maybe they'll be ok if someone else does...

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 14:00:09 »
I emailed mk. They brushed me off and told me to look through the thousands of incoming items.

Offline rxc92

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 18:06:19 »
Why on Earth is their US distributor not carrying the US layout ANSI set?  It makes no sense.

My best guess is that it’s for the Chinese market, which also uses ANSI. Realforce has been stepping up their distribution and even in 2018 there were several distributors (selling at a ~25% premium over the US, I might add) in Shanghai. Probably not worth the costs shipping it to the US and selling for less.