Author Topic: [IC] GMK Trays (Updated 8/18/15) Cyrillic Alphas and Red Mods put on hold  (Read 66901 times)

Offline Acerk

• I pay attention to details!
Could you please clarify what you mean by mark?
In a lot of group buys the organizers write on international packages that the value is $20, and it usually avoids VAT. But those are individuals, not businesses. I was wondering what you will do.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
You can always change it to have the RU legends side printed. This will differentiate the set and also negate any issues with the pad printing wearing off prematurely.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
You can always change it to have the RU legends side printed. This will differentiate the set and also negate any issues with the pad printing wearing off prematurely.
If so, it isn't replica....
Personally I don't like this   :-[

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Yeah I don't know how down people would be with that
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Not down for the pad printed. Doubleshot or bust.

I have old GMK pad-printed keys. While you're right that they are pretty durable, they will inevitably fade over time, and become lighter in colour. It's not an insignificant problem if you care about longevity.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2015, 14:48:15 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati

I have old GMK pad-printed keys. While you're right that they are pretty durable, they will inevitably fade over time, and become lighter in colour. It's not an insignificant problem if you care about longevity.
A $50-or-so every 10 years seems fine by me ;)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.

A $50-or-so every 10 years seems fine by me ;)

Very true. They do last for quite a few years!

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
Interested in the alphas, but don't know about the red mods though...
... ...

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire

My WASD keys began to fade after 4 months ><'
I blame WoW.

*runs back into his cave*

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Would it be possible to have separate \| and HHKB 1.5u Delete keys? I'm sure that most people won't mind having dedicated keys for these, as a dedicated 1.5u Delete key for HHKB looks great.

I'm a big fan of the HHKB delete, but I'd prefer to have a clean mod pack with dedicated keys if possible :thumb:

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
    • KappaKapps - Artisan Kapps
Would it be possible to have separate \| and HHKB 1.5u Delete keys? I'm sure that most people won't mind having dedicated keys for these, as a dedicated 1.5u Delete key for HHKB looks great.

I'm a big fan of the HHKB delete, but I'd prefer to have a clean mod pack with dedicated keys if possible :thumb:

We do not believe GMK has the tooling to produce that key. For simplicity we will keep it out of the group buy. However, if there is enough demand we will offer it.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.

We do not believe GMK has the tooling to produce that key. For simplicity we will keep it out of the group buy. However, if there is enough demand we will offer it.

It exists, the \| and <|x| 1.5u in R2, it's been run in many previous sets, GMK Dolch, even the ph0tayto's Classic Beige includes it.

I've had many discussions with other GH members in the past, and I'm sure most people would prefer to have these two keys separate, as it looks a lot better.

Offline Frizer

Is it expensive to add a 1u row3 and a 1u row4? Either printed (pg dn & end) or blank. It adds a lot of flexibility for 75% layouts.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Is it expensive to add a 1u row3 and a 1u row4? Either printed (pg dn & end) or blank. It adds a lot of flexibility for 75% layouts.

if you want this it would probably make more sense to have it in the classic beige group buy

Offline whentheclouds

if you want this it would probably make more sense to have it in the classic beige group buy
he's asking for those keys in WoR

Offline HelixDan

• a SB player
i hope the Red Modifers add NumPad Enter and "+" (Red Num Kit Modifter)
====== Welcome to Matrix Lab ======
HHKBClack ClickTopre
RealForce 87uClack ClickTopre 55g
LZ-CPGMK Red AlertBrown
Minila AirGranite DSABrown
?????Red
====== Welcome to Matrix Lab ======

Offline Jester00

Would love to get the modifier pack with a red space bar!

Offline Frizer

I mean these keys, in any colorway really. It seems to be something people forget.

(pinched from GMK Olivetti)

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
We are still waiting for GMK to respond with the F row mock ups from our initial email. I see that a lot of additional changes have been recommended however, it'll hike up the prices too much, especially the red mods may or may not hit 400MOQ price drop, if it does, we will consider adding extra keys. By making the order from GMK more complex, the cost will increase a bit. So before I send them additional emails regarding features we want to see, there needs to be more interest in the group buy. At the moment we have around 30ish people signed up for alphas and for red mods. For now, here is a list of what people would like to promote further discussion, popular ideas will be considered:
  • Red Spacebar for the mod pack
  • 1u row3 and a 1u row4
  • Red Num Kit Modifier
  • separate \| and HHKB 1.5u Delete keys

Offline Orca

form filled!  ;D

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
We have received new information from GMK:

Here are the F-Key mockups

They are working on the WASD mockups right now, so for you WoW people *cough cough* Blackehart, you should be good.

They are also getting us a pricing update.

We have been advised to not add additional keycaps to the keysets otherwise the price will skyrocket at the current estimated amount of orders. The GMK Minimum Order Quantity is 250/400. At the 250 price bracket adding stuff is not worth it. We will add more community demanded keycaps once we hit the 400 MOQ from GMK unless an overwhelming majority of people want it.

On a somewhat unrelated note: the KappaKapps Summer Sale is live!
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2015, 16:42:19 by KappaKapps »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder

Show Image

They are working on the WASD mockups right now, so for you WoW people *cough cough* Blackehart, you should be good.

We have been advised to not add additional keycaps to the keysets otherwise the price will skyrocket at the current estimated amount of orders. The GMK Minimum Order Quantity is 250/400. At the 250 price bracket adding stuff is not worth it. We will add more community demanded keycaps once we hit the 400 MOQ from GMK unless an overwhelming majority of people want it.

F keys! :D
Thanks you KappaKaps!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
After a lengthy discussion wiith KappaKapps, I am confident that we definitely could get some dedicated 1.5u \| and HHKB Delete keys  :thumb:

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
I don't understand why we only add F1-F4 & F9-F12? Why do we not add full F row (F1-F12)?
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2015, 03:38:19 by quochung1989 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
I don't understand why we only add F1-F4 & F9-F12? Why do we not add full F row?
Because the set is meant as an addition to classic beige, which has different colors for f5-8. For simplicity this keeps it at just one base color

Offline Cameron

Could we get an estimate on how much the keycap trays are going to cost? Because depending on the price I would buy more of them. Also

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
I don't understand why we only add F1-F4 & F9-F12? Why do we not add full F row?
Because the set is meant as an addition to classic beige, which has different colors for f5-8. For simplicity this keeps it at just one base color
I don't understand what you 're saying. It 's not relate to adding F1-F4 & F9-F12...
Because Classic Beige had F1 -F4 & F9-F12 with BoW.
You're only give idea about Cyrillic Alpha. It's not explain my questions.
Personally I like Cyrillic not include F row because it 's add on for Classic Beige.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2015, 03:36:08 by quochung1989 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
I don't understand what you 're saying. It 's not relate to adding F1-F4 & F9-F12...
Personally I like Cyrillic not include F row because it 's add on for Classic Beige.
Oh wait yeah. Why would you double up on some F-row keys at all. Guess the guy who's running the IC can explain that

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Oh wait yeah. Why would you double up on some F-row keys at all. Guess the guy who's running the IC can explain that

My bad. I said unclearly. Modified.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
There should be the f-keys for the mod pack and that is it, no f-keys for alphas

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
There should be the f-keys for the mod pack and that is it, no f-keys for alphas
Right, there should black legend on white

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
Could we get an estimate on how much the keycap trays are going to cost? Because depending on the price I would buy more of them. Also

I'll ask the guys at GMK for that info.

After a lengthy discussion wiith KappaKapps, I am confident that we definitely could get some dedicated 1.5u \| and HHKB Delete keys  :thumb:

If there is enough community interest, we will be more than happy to include them into the GB. I will ask GMK to make mockups and add them to the Red Mods.

Initially we planned for the Red Mods to be compliment to the Cyrillic Alphas(including the F-keys), but I believe there was a bit of miscommunication between us, GH, and GMK(my bad). I'll ask them to make mockups for the Red Mods (to add F1-F4 and F9-F12, and an additional mockup for a full row of F-Keys).

Additionally here are some requests from others:
An R1-1u-Backslash/Pipe key in the Alphas
A red spacebar for the mods

I'll ask GMK for mockups for red spacebars in the mods.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2015, 10:47:39 by KappaKapps »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Yes please. Can't get enough of them Cyrillics
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Oh. I understood part of your plan, Kappakapps :p
Sound great & good idea  :cool:

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor

Yes, so right now we plan to have F1-F4 and F9-F12 keys on the Cyrllic and just the F5-F8 on the red mods, OR no f keys on the Cyrllic and all F keys on the red mods
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 June 2015, 17:59:34 by KappaKapps »

Offline Jester00

OR no f keys on the Cyrllic and all F keys on the red mods
Would strongly prefer that version!

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Please Red on White for F1-F4 & F9-F12. It'll better than Black on White, I think.

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping

Yes, so right now we plan to have F1-F4 and F9-F12 keys on the Cyrllic and just the F5-F8 on the red mods, OR no f keys on the Cyrllic and all F keys on the red mods

Well, the original mockups for both of them are much more palatable, and good enough IMO.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline GSimon

Fixed the rendered image. It's not 100% accurate but more so than the one in the OP

« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:31:01 by GSimon »

Offline Jester00

Are you sure it's that bright? It's the V1 in the following picture. Looks like the render in the OP was pretty accurate.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Are you sure it's that bright? It's the V1 in the following picture. Looks like the render in the OP was pretty accurate.
Show Image

GMK has a habit of giving horribly inaccurate renders

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire

WOOT!

Offline GSimon

Show Image

I have a few GMK keys in V1 red, it's much closer to my render.

The top is probably more accurate than the sides of the keycaps because the shadows aren't all that apparent in the render so they look more vibrant

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
Yay, GeekHack is back up. Writing update post at the moment.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
Here's an update with the red mods with full F keys. Now it's up to if you all want full f keys or partial f keys on the red mods. Remember that there will be an increase in price for full f keys. The initial idea was to have partial f keys to combo with the f keys in the alphas

Please vote here:
http://strawpoll.me/4811511

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
Here's an update with the red mods with full F keys. Now it's up to if you all want full f keys or partial f keys on the red mods. Remember that there will be an increase in price for full f keys. The initial idea was to have partial f keys to combo with the f keys in the alphas

Show Image

Please vote here:

Are you adding f keys to the alpha set?

Offline simonyunhe

Show Image

Please vote here:

Are you adding f keys to the alpha set?
Check this out. This has post before.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
Can you add F function row (Red legend on White) in Cyrillic Alpha?

Offline Manchias

Can you add F function row (Red legend on White) in Cyrillic Alpha?

Since the original bergie already have BOW, I think we can remove the BOW F function row of Cyrillic Alpha or make it Red on White is so much better

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click

Look at the red symbol on A.  :( :( :( :(