Author Topic: Q100 Feedback  (Read 85438 times)

Offline GMK_Andy

Q100 Feedback
« on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 10:42:40 »
If you have any feedback on our fullsize Q100 keyboard please let us know here!

Offline woodruff

Re: Q100 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 04:30:45 »
Most of what I have to say about the q100, I wrote it here on the c70 thread since they share many misconceptions.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101714.msg2813498#msg2813498

There's just one thing that I've noticed right now.... No removable cable? Removable cable is a must  :thumb:

Offline GMK_Andy

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 12:26:25 »
Most of what I have to say about the q100, I wrote it here on the c70 thread since they share many misconceptions.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101714.msg2813498#msg2813498

There's just one thing that I've noticed right now.... No removable cable? Removable cable is a must  :thumb:

The Q100 and C70 do both have removable cables  :thumb:

Offline ImperfectLink

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 21:46:18 »
I hate to say it this way but it looks like something I'd find at Office Depot with rubber dome switches.

Offline fxsound

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 09:59:12 »
Good day!

I also bought a keyboard, and there's a problem with changing the color of the  LEDs.

does not change (does not persist) color led of 5. It remains always white.
I change it to any other (as indicated in the  expert features), but after exiting the setting mode it is still white. Even the combination <Fn> + <F5> changes only the first 3 LEDs. does not change   LED 4.

AND regardless of whether you change each individually the 1,2,3 LED. color for all 3 LED is selected the one that you chose for the first LED.

As I understand, this problem has been known for a looooooong time, but will long time something  not fix!!!!
-

Offline GMK_Andy

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 11:39:40 »
I hate to say it this way but it looks like something I'd find at Office Depot with rubber dome switches.

It definitely wasn't designed with the enthusiast communtiy in mind initially, more as a high end office/CEO's keyboard. The Q series will almost certainly remain that way if it gets further additions, where the C series is more of our take on an enthusiast keyboard!

There was a Q80 TKL prototype at one point that I did think looked really awesome though in that style.

Offline Handke

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 05:23:07 »

It definitely wasn't designed with the enthusiast communtiy in mind initially, more as a high end office/CEO's keyboard. The Q series will almost certainly remain that way if it gets further additions, where the C series is more of our take on an enthusiast keyboard!

There was a Q80 TKL prototype at one point that I did think looked really awesome though in that style.

Give us that TKL!!!!! opensource firmware please.

Offline Handke

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 03:13:21 »

agreed, it's quite obscene.

Also... no iso keycaps, just ansi and iso german layout, how much of a bad person do you have to be to offer to german layout? I can settle on english, but qwertz is just offensive.