Author Topic: Russian Hall Effect keyboard 20$  (Read 4496 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Russian Hall Effect keyboard 20$
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 17:49:36 »
That looks like it's the same model of Tesla I reviewed. Several people have pointed out it was made in the Czech Republic by Brno Small Arms for export to the USSR, apparently for use in Soviet military installations for the Red Army. The review on it is one of my most-watched videos, at it happens.

So, for $20 you can own your very own Soviet military keyboard ;) .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 19:36:20 »
That looks like it's the same model of Tesla I reviewed. Several people have pointed out it was made in the Czech Republic by Brno Small Arms for export to the USSR, apparently for use in Soviet military installations for the Red Army. The review on it is one of my most-watched videos, at it happens.

So, for $20 you can own your very own Soviet military keyboard ;) .
Exactly what I thought when I saw it :))

Offline cribbit

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 13:20:07 »
I bought it! Figured the cheapest I could find one of these later would be $25, especially considering shipping, and it's an interesting thing to have. I'm hopeful for the keycaps, doubtful I can repair it to working but that's ok.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 13:25:57 »
I bought it! Figured the cheapest I could find one of these later would be $25, especially considering shipping, and it's an interesting thing to have. I'm hopeful for the keycaps, doubtful I can repair it to working but that's ok.
Good luck! Its definitely an interesting board.

Offline cribbit

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 13:39:18 »

Thanks! The more I research it the more excited I am. $40 after shipping doesn't seem like a bad gamble.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 13:41:16 »

Thanks! The more I research it the more excited I am. $40 after shipping doesn't seem like a bad gamble.
Honestly I would have bought it as soon as I saw it, but I have no idea of how to get it working on a modern pc other than rewiring a matrix and using a teensy and tmk. too much work for me :))

Offline cribbit

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 17:48:54 »
Seller wants additional money for shipping... ugh.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 19:13:20 »
I make special price for you, my friend.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 01:13:43 »
I make special price for you, my friend.