Author Topic: RedScarfIII Manual (WIP)  (Read 44428 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: RedScarfIII Manual (WIP)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 03:44:10 »
After sleeping on it I figured out that I just didn't have the function keys set up correctly. After importing the ones found in that user manual, I can use the keyboard to adjust the smd leds and the button leds. So the only thing not working now is the remote control. I checked that the battery has juice left with a multimeter. Is there anything else we need to do to get that working?

Really cool keyboard though.

I was kind of having the same problem, but I haven't been able to replace the battery that it came with just yet. The thing is though, the remote works sometimes, and most of the time, it doesn't. I guess I won't know for sure if it's the battery or not until I replace it.

Will update when I do.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 14 May 2015, 03:49:18 »
After sleeping on it I figured out that I just didn't have the function keys set up correctly. After importing the ones found in that user manual, I can use the keyboard to adjust the smd leds and the button leds. So the only thing not working now is the remote control. I checked that the battery has juice left with a multimeter. Is there anything else we need to do to get that working?

Really cool keyboard though.

On mine It wasn't delivered with battery so I bought a fresh battery. I don't encounter any issues with it besides the fact that you can tell that the remote is not top quality, you got to aim straight at the keyboard, and sometimes it doesn't register for some reasons. Altough once you've found the correct angle it works great.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 17:39:53 »
edit: hiding frustrations in programming :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2015, 20:23:06 by Glod »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 17:52:47 »
all good, all programmed, thanks for the guide
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2015, 20:22:31 by Glod »

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 23:53:48 »
So... um... anyone know how we're supposed to build a hex file from source? 

Mine was working great, and the TMK generator is a really awesome feature.  But I wanted to get crazy with some macros, and those have to be done in firmware.  The only one currently available is a macro for keypad 00.  So I downloaded the source, made my edits (I'm pretty confident they are solid), and followed the instructions for loading a hex file.  No dice.  There are two Makefile scripts, one is .lufa and the other is .pjrc.  Following the instructions for flashing a .hex file neither of them result in a working keyboard. 

So... the bootloader functions still work, but I can't get a keyboard to work with either my custom keymaps or kairyu's source.  Either I'm building it wrong, or the hex files built from source need to be loaded through another method. 

Any ideas?

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 18:10:01 »
I think I might have to move my question over to the TMK thread...

So the firmware that is linked does not work for me as is (https://github.com/kairyu/tmk_keyboard_custom/tree/master/keyboard/RedScarfIII).  It builds just fine, but flashing it results in an "unknown" device.  Commenting out KEYMAP_IN_EEPROM_ENABLE in the Makefile results in a hex that allows the keyboard to be identified as a HID keyboard, and even as "RedScarf", but nothing works at all.  I'm assuming there's no "keyboard" in there since the keymap wasn't loaded?

Anyway, try not to flash the hex files and stick to just the EEPROM for keymaps for now...

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 22:11:19 »
I think I might have to move my question over to the TMK thread...

So the firmware that is linked does not work for me as is (https://github.com/kairyu/tmk_keyboard_custom/tree/master/keyboard/RedScarfIII).  It builds just fine, but flashing it results in an "unknown" device.  Commenting out KEYMAP_IN_EEPROM_ENABLE in the Makefile results in a hex that allows the keyboard to be identified as a HID keyboard, and even as "RedScarf", but nothing works at all.  I'm assuming there's no "keyboard" in there since the keymap wasn't loaded?

Anyway, try not to flash the hex files and stick to just the EEPROM for keymaps for now...

Off course you can ask it here, I think.
Definition macros is what TKG can not do presently, and re-compiling from source code is certainly a supposed way to customize user's own firmware - otherwise there will not be a "Download .c file" feature.

I think maybe the "Unknown Device" issue is caused by a oversize image, please check the size of your .hex file. (The last address inside the hex file should not exceed 0x7000)
This is very probability if you are compiling with WinAVR instead of something like avr8-gnu-toolchain which I'm using.
WinAVR always gives me a bigger .hex file even with the same source code, and to add RGB LED control feature I have used almost all available space. (You can find the last address inside the pre-compiled .hex file is 0x6FC2+0x08)

And after you disabled KEYMAP_IN_EEPROM_ENABLE, the size of your .hex file seems became ok, but maybe you have triggered the Boot Maigc feature by mistake.
You can try to hold down space and backspace simultaneously and plug in the usb cable to ensure keyboard startup with a clear EEPROM.
Hope this can help you.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 14:28:51 »
Ryu, You're the best, and thanks for fixing the Hex flashing on the TKG.

You're right that the hex file does appear to big.  I figure something must be going wrong for me, but I can't figure out what.  I was using WinAVR, so I went over and installed the avr8-gnu-toolchain directly from atmel on my linux computer, cloned the repo, make all and the hex file I get has the last address of 0x75d8.  I do get an error in backlight.c -- FADING_LED_SET_DIRECTION isn't passed both the parameters, so I assume you actually want FADING_LED_SET_DIRECTION_ALL.  Making that change allows the build to work.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2015, 14:31:58 by Spopepro »

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 17:18:26 »
I'm still not sure why it the file is so large for me, but it was clearly the issue.  I uncommented NO_ACTION_TAPPING and NO_ACTION_ONESHOT since I wasn't planning on using them, and that gave me a working hex file!  The macros I programmed are even working... kind of.

So now... the next issue.  Since the keymaps are loaded into eeprom, there should be something in the .eep file, right?  I get only an empty file.  I think this is messing up my function layers and macros, since it is still reading the memory from the last time I uploaded.  So... should the .eep file have output, and any ideas as to why it isn't?

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 20:46:16 »
Ryu, You're the best, and thanks for fixing the Hex flashing on the TKG.

You're right that the hex file does appear to big.  I figure something must be going wrong for me, but I can't figure out what.  I was using WinAVR, so I went over and installed the avr8-gnu-toolchain directly from atmel on my linux computer, cloned the repo, make all and the hex file I get has the last address of 0x75d8.  I do get an error in backlight.c -- FADING_LED_SET_DIRECTION isn't passed both the parameters, so I assume you actually want FADING_LED_SET_DIRECTION_ALL.  Making that change allows the build to work.

Oh, you are exactly right. It's caused by a merging of new feature recently. I will fix it soon. Thanks for your feedback.

I'm still not sure why it the file is so large for me, but it was clearly the issue.  I uncommented NO_ACTION_TAPPING and NO_ACTION_ONESHOT since I wasn't planning on using them, and that gave me a working hex file!  The macros I programmed are even working... kind of.

So now... the next issue.  Since the keymaps are loaded into eeprom, there should be something in the .eep file, right?  I get only an empty file.  I think this is messing up my function layers and macros, since it is still reading the memory from the last time I uploaded.  So... should the .eep file have output, and any ideas as to why it isn't?

Sorry to make you confusing. If you compile the .hex file by yourself, I recommend you to disable KEYMAP_IN_EEPROM_ENABLE just like what you did at the very beginning.
Actually the compiler won't generate any helpful .eep file in this case. (It only generate non-empty .eep file when user declaring variable with EEMEM attribute, but we don't use this at all)
KEYMAP_IN_EEPROM_ENABLE is supposed to work with .eep file generated by TKG. So just to disable it to let everything go well, including much smaller .hex file ;)

And also I have to admit that even I have tried to compile with severial combinations on windows, linux and osx, I found avrgcc + avr8-gnu-toolchain on windows always gives me the smallest image :(

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 11:34:14 »
How do you turn off/fade the in switch LEDs?

Edit: figured it out.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2015, 11:43:32 by Bromono »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 11:36:18 »

Fn0: Activate Layer1
Fn1 : backlight decrease
Fn2 : backlight on/off
Fn3 : backlight increase

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 19:03:06 »
Fixed backlight control by change Fn on TMK to :

Fn0 - Layout action>Momentary -  layer 1
Fn1 - Backlight action> Toggle
Fn2 - Backlight action> Decrease
Fn3 - Backlight action> Increase.

As I remember, the original layout of RS3 can control the backlit without remote by using:

Fn + ESC - backlit on/off
Fn + F1 - backlit red
Fn + F2 - backlit green
...........v............v............

Now how can I control the backlit light without the remote ? With new layout ? Can someone please guide me.

I used this but lost all control of the RGB backlighting of the keyboard. I can only control the LEDs

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 13:39:38 »
I put together my RS96 and only the num lock led is working. My soldering looks fine and so does the MCU. After asking around it seems like the general consensus is either being a firmware issue or that I didn't turn the LEDs on. I can't really seem to find a solution to this problem. Does anybody have an idea?
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 11:48:31 »
I followed all the steps to reflash my RS96 and now my keyboard does not work at all.

Here is what I set as my first layer, for some reason the hyperlink is longer than the raw data so to save space I'm going to post the raw data instead:
["Esc","F1","F2","F3","F4","F5","F6","F7","F8","F9","F10","F11","F12","Print Screen","Scroll Lock","Delete","Insert","End","PgUp"],
["~\n`","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=",{w:2},"Backspace","Num Lock","/","*","PgDn"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{w:1.5},"|\n\\","7\nHome","8\n↑","9\nPgUp","-"],
[{w:1.25,w2:1.75,l:true},"Caps Lock",{x:0.5},"A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",":\n;","\"\n'",{w:2.25},"Enter","4\n←","5","6\n→","+"],
[{w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X","C","V","B","N","M","<\n,",">\n.","?\n/",{w:1.75},"Shift","↑","1\nEnd","2\n↓","3\nPgDn",{h:2},"Enter"],
[{c:"#c0c0c0",w:1.25},"Ctrl",{w:1.25},"Win",{w:1.25},"Alt",{a:7,w:6.25},"",{a:4,w:1.5},"Alt",{w:1.5},"Fn0",{c:"#cccccc"},"←","↓","→",{c:"#c0c0c0"},"0\nIns",{c:"#cccccc"},".\nDel"]

Here is what I have for my second layer:
[{a:7},"","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""],
["","","","","","","","","","","","","",{w:2},"","","","",""],
[{w:1.5},"","","","","","","","","","","","","",{w:1.5},"","","","",""],
[{w:1.25,w2:1.75,l:true},"",{x:0.5},"","","","","","","","","","","",{w:2.25},"","","","",""],
[{w:2.25},"",{a:4},"Fn1","Fn2","Fn3",{a:7},"","","","",{a:4},"VolUp","VolDn","Mute",{a:7,w:1.75},"",{a:4},"PgUp",{a:7},"","","",{h:2},""],
[{c:"#c0c0c0",w:1.25},"",{w:1.25},"",{w:1.25},"",{w:6.25},"",{w:1.5},"",{w:1.5},"",{c:"#cccccc",a:4},"Home","PgDn","End",{c:"#c0c0c0",a:7},"",{c:"#cccccc"},""]

When I put them into http://www.enjoyclick.org/tkg/ I do not receive any error messages in red, I then add in the Fn code provided in the User's Guide.
I set Fn0 as a mometary action to open layer 1
Fn1: Toggles Backlight
Fn2: Decrease Backlight
Fn3: Increase Backlight

After attempting both online and offline flashes neither seem to work. After flashing, my num lock led flashes(which seems to be the only switch led to work) and then I replug the usb cable in and no lights, even rgb work now and no key outputs anything. Is there anything I'm missing or doing wrong?
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline SuperBo

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 06:41:03 »
I got this strange error when i build my rs84 keyboard. When I press enter key, J key is activated as well and vice versa, similar to "\" and u key, backspace and 7 key,  printScrn and F7. Does anyone know to to fix this? Thank you so much

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 04:03:53 »
I got this strange error when i build my rs84 keyboard. When I press enter key, J key is activated as well and vice versa, similar to "\" and u key, backspace and 7 key,  printScrn and F7. Does anyone know to to fix this? Thank you so much

Show Image

Please check around the MCU that if the pin 21 and 22 are shorted.

Offline braidn

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 08:00:37 »
Hey all, wondering if anyone has successfully used dfu-programmer to program a RS96 with a compiled hex file? I am able to build the file from the tmk_software fork but, when I send it to dfu it claims that their is no devise attached. I have tried to get the keyboard into program mode by holding down the esc while plugging in the USB as well as the esc and the f1 key. Any assist would be amazing.

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 06:38:37 »
Hey all, wondering if anyone has successfully used dfu-programmer to program a RS96 with a compiled hex file? I am able to build the file from the tmk_software fork but, when I send it to dfu it claims that their is no devise attached. I have tried to get the keyboard into program mode by holding down the esc while plugging in the USB as well as the esc and the f1 key. Any assist would be amazing.
RS96 uses a printer class bootloader which is based on LUFA's BootloaderPrinter, so it cannot be programmed by dfu-programmer which only supports Atmel's DFU bootloader. Please read the user's guide again and you will find how to program it.

Offline braidn

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 14:20:45 »
RYU, Does this mean that the RS96 is only available to be programmed in a Window's environment? No Mac or Linux environment's allowed?

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 20:33:44 »
On *nix systems, it's even much easier. Just open terminal and type as follows.
Code: [Select]
cat {your.hex} | lpr

Offline braidn

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 08:29:11 »
I have created the Hex through the TMK fork, but once I hold down esc, plug in the keyboard, and after using the lpr command, the keyboard never reboots and the new/changed keymap is never uploaded. I do see that an item is added to the printer queue and it takes a little while (maybe 1 or so minutes to complete) and I see it finished. Any ideas?

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 03:15:21 »
Unfortunately the keyboard cannot automatically reboot after printing since there was no coding space to implement this feature.

If you want to use the keymap within the hex which you built, please try to clear the EEPROM after programmed the hex file by e.g. bootmagic (Space+Backspace), or just disable KEYMAP_IN_EEPROM_ENABLE in the Makefile when you building the firmware.

Offline braidn

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 22:14:43 »
Ryu,

I am doing the following and nothing seems to be working:

Afterwards the printer queue shows that it's printing and stops. However, no matter what, it does not change the layout on the RS96. Kinda lost.

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 22:53:52 »
braidn,

If the thing you only want to do is customizing some key definitions, I recommend you to try to use TKG.
If you are attempting to customize more things like macros or even some new features for keyboard, you are doing the right way.
But please don't forget to choose any one of the follows which I also mentioned in the previous reply to make your keymap applied .
1. Clear the EEPROM after you programmed the hex file by e.g. bootmagic (hold Space+Backspace keys simultaneously for a long while when plug in the usb).
2. Disable KEYMAP_IN_EEPROM_ENABLE in the Makefile when you building the firmware.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 00:32:00 »
Can I use this guide for my RS68 which is an RS II+?

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 01:29:28 »

Yes.

RSII+ has a very similar bootloader to RSIII. The only difference is the key combination for entering HEX mode and EEP mode.
To enter EEP mode, please hold down the top-left key in the typewriter keys (which is usually configured to Esc or `~ key).
To enter HEX mode, please also hold down the key on the right side of the top-left key in the typewriter keys (which is usually configured as 1! key).

Offline Jumie

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 08:39:00 »

Yes.

RSII+ has a very similar bootloader to RSIII. The only difference is the key combination for entering HEX mode and EEP mode.
To enter EEP mode, please hold down the top-left key in the typewriter keys (which is usually configured to Esc or `~ key).
To enter HEX mode, please also hold down the key on the right side of the top-left key in the typewriter keys (which is usually configured as 1! key).

I'm configuring my keymap in TKG, but its always "position mismatch". how do I solve this? http://i.imgur.com/Tfcbpv4.jpg
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 June 2016, 09:44:04 by Jumie »

Offline joostflux

• Cars, computers, anime, and keyboards
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 22:18:36 »
Hey guys quick question. I'm currently trying to keymap my RS 78 Red Scarf II+ and I have gotten the main layer and the function layer to work aside from the control of the RGB SMD LEDs on the back. I tried to import the raw data from the Red Scarf III users guide and every time I try to import that Fn using TMK it gets the following error: Error! Please check your data!

I know pasting the raw code helps in troubleshooting so I will do so below

Starting layer
["F1","F2",{x:0.25},"Esc","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=",{w:2},"Backspace","Home"],
["F3","F4",{x:0.25,w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{w:1.5},"|\n\\","End"],
["F5","F6",{x:0.25,w:1.75},"Caps\n\n\n\n\n\nLock","A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",":\n;",{fa:[1]},"\"\n'",{f:3,w:2.25},"Enter",{f:3},"PgUp"],
[{f:3},"F7",{f:3},"F8",{x:0.25,f:3,w:2.25},"Shift",{f:3},"Z",{f:3},"X",{f:3},"C",{f:3},"V",{f:3},"B",{f:3},"N",{f:3},"M",{f:3},"<\n,",{f:3},">\n.",{f:3},"?\n/",{f:3,w:1.75},"Shift",{f:3},"↑",{f:3},"PgDn"],
[{f:3},"F9",{f:3},"F10",{x:0.25,f:3,w:1.25},"Ctrl",{f:3,w:1.25},"Win",{f:3,w:1.25},"Alt",{f:3,w:6.25},"Space",{f:3,w:1.5},"Alt",{f:3,w:1.5},"Fn0",{f:3},"←",{f:3},"↓",{f:3},"→"]

Fn layer
[{a:7},"","",{x:0.25},"","","","","","","","","","","","","",{a:4,w:2},"Delete",{a:7},""],
["","",{x:0.25,w:1.5},"","","","","","","","","","","","","",{w:1.5},"",""],
["","",{x:0.25,w:1.75},"",{a:4},"Fn4","Fn5","Fn6","Fn7","Fn8","Fn9",{a:7},"","","","","",{w:2.25},"",""],
["","",{x:0.25,w:2.25},"",{a:4},"Fn1","Fn2","Fn3",{a:7},"","","",{a:4},"Mute","VolDn","VolUp",{a:7},"",{w:1.75},"","",""],
["","",{x:0.25,w:1.25},"",{w:1.25},"",{w:1.25},"",{w:6.25},"",{w:1.5},"",{w:1.5},"","","",""]

and that all works just fine until I try to import this Fn for control of the RGB LEDs:

"0":["ACTION_LAYER_MOMENTARY",1],"1":["ACTION_BACKLIGHT_TOGGLE"],"2":["ACTION_BACKLIGHT_DECREASE"],"3":["ACTION_BACKLIGHT_INCREASE"],"4:["ACTION_FUNCTION","2",0],"5":["ACTION_FUNCTION","7",0],"6":["ACTION_FUNCTION","7","1"],"7":["ACTION_FUNCTION","4",0],"8:["ACTION_FUNCTION","3",0],"9":["ACTION_FUNCTION","6","2"],"10":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","1"],"11":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","4"],"12:["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","13"],"13":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","5"],"14":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","11"],"15:["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","6"],"16":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","15"],"17":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5",0]

It will not import and I get the above error. Is there something I am missing? Did something change for the RS 78? I just want o be able to control the rear LEDs

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Endgame? There is no endgame.

Offline gzprime

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 07:48:53 »
Hey guys quick question. I'm currently trying to keymap my RS 78 Red Scarf II+ and I have gotten the main layer and the function layer to work aside from the control of the RGB SMD LEDs on the back. I tried to import the raw data from the Red Scarf III users guide and every time I try to import that Fn using TMK it gets the following error: Error! Please check your data!

I know pasting the raw code helps in troubleshooting so I will do so below

Starting layer
["F1","F2",{x:0.25},"Esc","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=",{w:2},"Backspace","Home"],
["F3","F4",{x:0.25,w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{w:1.5},"|\n\\","End"],
["F5","F6",{x:0.25,w:1.75},"Caps\n\n\n\n\n\nLock","A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",":\n;",{fa:[1]},"\"\n'",{f:3,w:2.25},"Enter",{f:3},"PgUp"],
[{f:3},"F7",{f:3},"F8",{x:0.25,f:3,w:2.25},"Shift",{f:3},"Z",{f:3},"X",{f:3},"C",{f:3},"V",{f:3},"B",{f:3},"N",{f:3},"M",{f:3},"<\n,",{f:3},">\n.",{f:3},"?\n/",{f:3,w:1.75},"Shift",{f:3},"↑",{f:3},"PgDn"],
[{f:3},"F9",{f:3},"F10",{x:0.25,f:3,w:1.25},"Ctrl",{f:3,w:1.25},"Win",{f:3,w:1.25},"Alt",{f:3,w:6.25},"Space",{f:3,w:1.5},"Alt",{f:3,w:1.5},"Fn0",{f:3},"←",{f:3},"↓",{f:3},"→"]

Fn layer
[{a:7},"","",{x:0.25},"","","","","","","","","","","","","",{a:4,w:2},"Delete",{a:7},""],
["","",{x:0.25,w:1.5},"","","","","","","","","","","","","",{w:1.5},"",""],
["","",{x:0.25,w:1.75},"",{a:4},"Fn4","Fn5","Fn6","Fn7","Fn8","Fn9",{a:7},"","","","","",{w:2.25},"",""],
["","",{x:0.25,w:2.25},"",{a:4},"Fn1","Fn2","Fn3",{a:7},"","","",{a:4},"Mute","VolDn","VolUp",{a:7},"",{w:1.75},"","",""],
["","",{x:0.25,w:1.25},"",{w:1.25},"",{w:1.25},"",{w:6.25},"",{w:1.5},"",{w:1.5},"","","",""]

and that all works just fine until I try to import this Fn for control of the RGB LEDs:

"0":["ACTION_LAYER_MOMENTARY",1],"1":["ACTION_BACKLIGHT_TOGGLE"],"2":["ACTION_BACKLIGHT_DECREASE"],"3":["ACTION_BACKLIGHT_INCREASE"],"4:["ACTION_FUNCTION","2",0],"5":["ACTION_FUNCTION","7",0],"6":["ACTION_FUNCTION","7","1"],"7":["ACTION_FUNCTION","4",0],"8:["ACTION_FUNCTION","3",0],"9":["ACTION_FUNCTION","6","2"],"10":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","1"],"11":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","4"],"12:["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","13"],"13":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","5"],"14":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","11"],"15:["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","6"],"16":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5","15"],"17":["ACTION_FUNCTION","5",0]

It will not import and I get the above error. Is there something I am missing? Did something change for the RS 78? I just want o be able to control the rear LEDs

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Anyone else have any insight on this one? Getting the same issue when trying to flash the board and import the function layer information from the manual.

Offline feralfoo

• Software developer and mech keyboard nut
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 09:16:09 »

Yes.

I'm configuring my keymap in TKG, but its always "position mismatch". how do I solve this? http://i.imgur.com/Tfcbpv4.jpg

Hi Jumie,

Your post is a few months old and I haven't seen a response. If you haven't resolved this check out my KLE config here http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/a622fd495ec3e1a1f402b1572e0d5cf7, you basically need to move all your keys several positions to the right.
HHKB Pro JP + Hasu controller, Realforce RF87U55G, G60 Retro, QK65

Offline gzprime

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 09:38:20 »

Anyone else have any insight on this one? Getting the same issue when trying to flash the board and import the function layer information from the manual.

So I made some progress in that I realized to import the LED functions from the manual, you have to add actual "Fn" buttons to one of your layers. As you add more "Fn" buttons more of the options will show up. If  you're getting errors importing the actual code from the manual, it's probably because there are line breaks in weird places - throw it in a text editor and clean it up. That fixed it for me.

However, I still can't get the main Fn0 function key to temporarily choose the other layer with the light functions.
For example: "Fn0 - Layer action > Momentary - layer 1"

Then all my light functions are on Layer 1. Is the correct approach? Should I be using momentary or another type of action?

Thanks everyone!

Offline gzprime

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 10:03:28 »
Got it all fixed up. Just took walking away from it for a few to have that ah-ha moment! If anyone gets stuck feel free to message me on here or Reddit (same usernames) and I'd be happy to help any way I could.

Offline Ryu

• GitHub
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 21:45:44 »
Hey guys, if you have issue when importing RGB LED Fns for RSII+, perhaps you are choosing "RedScarfII" instead of the proper one "RedScarfII+" in the keyboard dropdown list.
And if you got "position mismatch" error, it often occurs with RSII+ Ver.C (a.k.a RS68), please try to add 2.25 offset to your keys as feralfoo mentioned.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 30 October 2016, 16:31:14 »
(working with an RS III 96 here)

You can easily get all of the lighting functions on the remote onto the RS by using the built-in-function option on TMK.

This is what it should look like after you are done (I'm using the "simple" layer, fyi)

My actual layout from KLE looks something like this:

<- My Collection (so far)

Offline ErectedLine

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 22:04:25 »
Wondering if I might be able to get some help here. I got an RS68 II+ from Massdrop right after Christmas. I came home from work today after not using it for 4 days to find that it's broken as hell.

While using this layout
https://gyazo.com/d5f4a0981818a4a626a7b15aa0d93677

The backspace outputs \ and the \ doesn't do anything now
\ szdxfc
The backspace actually does 1 backspace then infinite \
sometimes doing as many as 5-7 at a time.
And most the keys still aren't working either
for example this is the number row
1q2w3e4r5t6y7u8i9o0p

Here's a picture of the backside of the PCB http://imgur.com/a/pc2wF I can't find any jumped pins, burned lanes, lifted pads or anything on it.

I have flashed it multiple times with that layout and no dice and hell I might've messed it up in the process by doing something wrong, but I'm ready to give up on the keyboard at this point. I'm wondering how I might be able to possibly reflash this back to basics so that I don't have to wait on MD to tell me to f*** off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm pretty upset that this board broke with under two weeks of use on it.

Offline dotchoucou

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 11:50:00 »
Hi,

I have a problem with my RS68 II+ rev C.

Both red keys on this layout does the same thing when I press them:
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/462f442185cbc90095344fe50ecc9261
i.e. the right one behaves like the left one although the layout as shown here is different.

Can anyone help?

PS: I also posted this question in other topics to have more chances of an answer. Sorry about that.

Offline dotchoucou

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 12:14:08 »
I answer to myself thanks to soilheart on another thread.
needed to use "iso |" in the layout.

Working now

Offline Shinra

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 11:19:36 »
Hi everyone.

I received my RS96 III board yesterday, soldered some switches and tested it. Until here everything's fine. Then I tried to build my own layout, but impossible to make this keyboard recognized as a printer in windows. In either EEP or HEX mode the keyboard is recognized as "RedScarf HID EEPROM".
164632-0
In normal mode the keyboard is well detected as.. a keyboard.
164634-1
What should I do to recognize it properly as a printer ?

Thanks

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 11:57:46 »
Hi everyone.

I received my RS96 III board yesterday, soldered some switches and tested it. Until here everything's fine. Then I tried to build my own layout, but impossible to make this keyboard recognized as a printer in windows. In either EEP or HEX mode the keyboard is recognized as "RedScarf HID EEPROM".
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks
Did you hold escape while plugging it in?

Offline Checkfield

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 12:13:44 »
Hi everyone.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks

Show Image

I am having the same problem, holding escape (top left key) while plugging it in only reads as a keyboard.

Offline Shinra

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 13:53:39 »
Hi everyone.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks

Show Image

I am having the same problem, holding escape (top left key) while plugging it in only reads as a keyboard.

Yes I hold escape. And then the keyboard is detected as "RedScarf HID EEPROM" instead of a printer. the led under caps lock is on. So the keyboard seems to be in EEP mode. What i don't know is why windows isn't showing me a printer.
When i plugged it in the first time with escape, instead of showing "Installing LUFA Printer Bootloader" it said me "Installing RedScarf HID EEPROM". I tried multiples USB ports but the "wrong" driver is always choosen.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 April 2017, 14:45:30 by Shinra »

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 19:37:24 »
Similar issue for me - it doesnt enumerate as a printer.
In fact, as can be seen here, it wont ever enumerate as a printer as it is showing as the wrong Device Class in the USB descriptors (interface class 0x03):
---===>Device Information<===---
English product name: "RedScarf HID EEPROM"

ConnectionStatus:                 
Current Config Value:              0x01  -> Device Bus Speed: Full (is not SuperSpeed or higher capable)
Device Address:                    0x23
Open Pipes:                           1

===>Device Descriptor<===
bLength:                           0x12
bDescriptorType:                   0x01
bcdUSB:                          0x0110
bDeviceClass:                      0x00  -> This is an Interface Class Defined Device
bDeviceSubClass:                   0x00
bDeviceProtocol:                   0x00
bMaxPacketSize0:                   0x08 = (8) Bytes
idVendor:                        0x16C0 = Van Ooijen Technische Informatica
idProduct:                       0x0478
bcdDevice:                       0x0001
iManufacturer:                     0x01
     English (United States)  "Dean Camera"
iProduct:                          0x02
     English (United States)  "RedScarf HID EEPROM"
iSerialNumber:                     0x00
bNumConfigurations:                0x01

---===>Open Pipes<===---

===>Endpoint Descriptor<===
bLength:                           0x07
bDescriptorType:                   0x05
bEndpointAddress:                  0x81  -> Direction: IN - EndpointID: 1
bmAttributes:                      0x03  -> Interrupt Transfer Type
wMaxPacketSize:                  0x0040 = 0x40 bytes
bInterval:                         0x05

---===>Full Configuration Descriptor<===---

===>Configuration Descriptor<===
bLength:                           0x09
bDescriptorType:                   0x02
wTotalLength:                    0x0022  -> Validated
bNumInterfaces:                    0x01
bConfigurationValue:               0x01
iConfiguration:                    0x00
bmAttributes:                      0x80  -> Bus Powered
MaxPower:                          0x32 = 100 mA

===>Interface Descriptor<===
bDescriptorType:                   0x04
bInterfaceNumber:                  0x00
bAlternateSetting:                 0x00
bNumEndpoints:                     0x01
bInterfaceClass:                   0x03  -> HID Interface Class
bInterfaceSubClass:                0x00
bInterfaceProtocol:                0x00
iInterface:                        0x00

===>HID Descriptor<===
bDescriptorType:                   0x21
bcdHID:                          0x0111
bCountryCode:                      0x00
bNumDescriptors:                   0x01
bDescriptorType:                   0x22 (Report Descriptor)
wDescriptorLength:               0x0015

===>Endpoint Descriptor<===
bLength:                           0x07
bDescriptorType:                   0x05
bEndpointAddress:                  0x81  -> Direction: IN - EndpointID: 1
bmAttributes:                      0x03  -> Interrupt Transfer Type
wMaxPacketSize:                  0x0040 = 0x40 bytes
bInterval:                         0x05

I'd really like to just get things working using the actual HEX mode, but I can't find any information on how to actually program the device when it's in that mode either (it doesnt seem to be either dfu OR flip OR printer-based, though it occurs to me I should check if theres a HID based LUFA bootloader).

Edit: Right, so I worked out HEX mode. Yes, it does use the LUFA HID bootloader.

Instructions for using HEX mode for altering firmware or for people having trouble using the printer method:
(assuming MSYS2 on windows or equivalent for other OS, with avr-gcc installed on path or built/installed from source)
clone the tmk fork with RedscarfIII support:
$ git clone https://github.com/kairyu/tmk_keyboard_custom.gitenter repository
$ cd tmk_keyboard_custom/update submodules
$ git submodule init
$ git submodule update
enter redscarf folder
$ cd keyboard/RedScarfIII
make whatever changes you want to keymap_default.c

comment out KEYMAP_IN_EEPROM_ENABLE in the makefile
#KEYMAP_IN_EEPROM_ENABLE = yes # Read keymap from eepromrun make inside the RedScarfIII folder
$ make -f Makefiledownload the teensy loader CLI from
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader_cli.html into the same folder

hold esc+f1 and connect the keyboard, then flash the device
$ teensy_loader_cli.exe  --mcu=atmega32u4 -w -v RedScarfIII_lufa.hexhold backspace+spacebar and reconnect keyboard, keep holding keys till you see spaces show up (ie eeprom has been cleared)
Enjoy.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 April 2017, 22:05:05 by twiddle »

Offline khahk

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 01:20:10 »
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with my red scarf? for some reason, I cannot get the "| \" pads on the pcb to work. when i press the switch nothing happens. I have tried two different positions for the switch, normal ANSI layout and ISO enter layout. I attached some pictures and circled the problem spot of the pcb. Hopefully i do not need a new one :(http://imgur.com/a/RBvhN also the switch itself is not the problem (tested the switch to be working at other positions). I believe it has to be the pcb or maybe some sort of layout software issue.

also here is my raw data from keyboard layout editor
[{y:0.5},"Esc","Fn1","fn2","fn3","fn4","fn5","fn6","fn7","fn8","Fn9","fn10","fn11","fn12","fn13","fn14","fn15","fn16","fn17","fn18"],
["~\n`","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=",{w:2},"Backspace","Num Lock","/","*","-"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I\n\n\n\nup","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{x:0.25,a:7,w:1.25,h:2,h2:1,x2:-0.25},"enter",{a:4},"7\nHome","8\n↑","9\nPgUp",{h:2},"+"],
[{w:1.75},"fn0","A","S","D","F","G","H","J\n\n\n\nleft","K\n\n\n\ndown","L\n\n\n\nright",":\n;","\"\n'","|\n\\",{x:1.25},"4\n←","5","6\n→"],
[{w:2.25},"Shift","Z","X","C","V","B","N","M","<\n,",">\n.","?\n/",{w:1.75},"Shift","↑","1\nEnd","2\n↓","3\nPgDn",{h:2},"Enter"],
[{w:1.25},"Ctrl",{w:1.25},"Win",{w:1.25},"Alt",{w:6.25},"Space",{w:1.5},"Alt",{w:1.5},"Ctrl","←","↓","→","0\nIns",".\nDel"]

Offline khahk

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 01:31:08 »
Like it would be weird for two pads to not be working in different locations right? even the enter works (both the iso and ansi enter pads work)

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with my red scarf? for some reason, I cannot get the "| \" pads on the pcb to work. when i press the switch nothing happens. I have tried two different positions for the switch, normal ANSI layout and ISO enter layout. I attached some pictures and circled the problem spot of the pcb. Hopefully i do not need a new one :(http://imgur.com/a/RBvhN also the switch itself is not the problem (tested the switch to be working at other positions). I believe it has to be the pcb or maybe some sort of layout software issue.

also here is my raw data from keyboard layout editor
[{y:0.5},"Esc","Fn1","fn2","fn3","fn4","fn5","fn6","fn7","fn8","Fn9","fn10","fn11","fn12","fn13","fn14","fn15","fn16","fn17","fn18"],
["~\n`","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","_\n-","+\n=",{w:2},"Backspace","Num Lock","/","*","-"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I\n\n\n\nup","O","P","{\n[","}\n]",{x:0.25,a:7,w:1.25,h:2,h2:1,x2:-0.25},"enter",{a:4},"7\nHome","8\n↑","9\nPgUp",{h:2},"+"],
[{w:1.75},"fn0","A","S","D","F","G","H","J\n\n\n\nleft","K\n\n\n\ndown","L\n\n\n\nright",":\n;","\"\n'","|\n\\",{x:1.25},"4\n←","5","6\n→"],
[{w:1.25},"Ctrl",{w:1.25},"Win",{w:1.25},"Alt",{w:6.25},"Space",{w:1.5},"Alt",{w:1.5},"Ctrl","←","↓","→","0\nIns",".\nDel"]

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 02:49:29 »
I know this is an older, rarely updated thread but there's a lot of good information here. Thanks  :thumb:

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 03:24:04 »
I'm unable to control the RGB on my RS96 at all, It's just stuck on green RGB. I know I'm doing everything correctly since I have another RS96 which I can control the RGB on. Will reflashing the hex maybe fix this problem for me?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline mike-y

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 17:38:12 »
Will reflashing the hex maybe fix this problem for me?

That would be a good place to start.  re-flash the factory hex file and it should reset the keyboard back to that condition.  if that doesn't work, you can try to manually set your Fn key assignments for the RGB's with TMK. 

Offline mankeroo

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 19:38:58 »
Hey y'all.

I've had a working RS3 for over a year, but I recently built up some static electricity walking around the office and then shocked the board when my fingers got close. Now the left half of the board is acting weird. A press of the 'h' key will return 'h' but a press of the r key will return '4rfc', q is '1qa' and 1 is '1qa' as well. I can't tell what Esc does.

This means I cannot put my board into either REFLASH or EEPROM mode in order to attempt to reset it. Am I totally screwed or is there some other methodology that I can use to reset the firmware?  I'm getting pretty pessimistic :(

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 21:15:31 »
Sounds like your static electicity broke a diode on the PCB.  You may be able to use a multimeter in "diode check" mode to identify which one is bad and solder a replacement in.  They're very cheap, though surface mount stuff can be tricky.  Just check all the little guys in on the underside of the PCB that live in "D#" boxes.

I'd look around D19 through D23 or  D37 through D40ish.

A press of the 'h' key will return 'h' but a press of the r key will return '4rfc', q is '1qa' and 1 is '1qa' as well. I can't tell what Esc does.