Author Topic: Warranty with replacement top cover  (Read 2317 times)

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
Warranty with replacement top cover
« on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 15:39:08 »
I have 5 CMQFRs. I have replaced the top cover on 3 of them with the replacements available from the CM store.. Unfortunately, my black switched QFR's "I" key has stopped working. =( What are my options, to have my keyboard repaired?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Warranty with replacement top cover
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 16:26:54 »
If your looking for an answer from cooler master your better off emailing from their support page on their website.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 09:07:15 »
I have 5 CMQFRs. I have replaced the top cover on 3 of them with the replacements available from the CM store.. Unfortunately, my black switched QFR's "I" key has stopped working. =( What are my options, to have my keyboard repaired?
If you are looking to repair it yourself, you can likely do it without too much difficulty. Take it apart, and post pictures of the underside of the keyboard (and a closeup of the affected area). It can be something as simple as a cold solder joint.

Do you have a multimeter?

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 12:29:47 »
Thank you for the replies. I was hoping to hear from Rajiv or Carter before possibly wasting my time with customer service..  I'll try my luck and report back with my experience.

If I can't have it repaired under warranty, I'll try to fix it myself. I do have a multimeter.