Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1404438 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #9000 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 14:10:24 »

How do you think he raised all those mini humans and sends them to the collage.

Nope, all clean during child-rearing years.

This post right here police officer.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9001 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 01:39:20 »
You ever notice a period in your life where you just sat around the house for weeks on end, not really doing anything productive. Just sort of letting things accumulate, pile up, create clutter. It bothers you on some level, but not enough for you do do anything about it.
As the weeks get on, your little living bubble gets messier and messier.
Then out of nowhere you have somewhere to go, someplace people want you to be. A trip, or vacation, if you like.
Suddenly you are cleaning your home in a fervor. Tossing trash, scrubbing surfaces that never get laid upon by human eyes. You realize you have been living in filth, like an animal wallowing in Doordash bags and Amazon prime boxes for nearly a month.
It's weird. To go to such lengths to fix a problem you have been entrenched in, and the root of motivation being that you won't be there. Why did you not clean house while you were there suffering? Instead you waited until you knew you were leaving.
It's just odd how the human brain works sometimes. I'm sure this is a metaphorical microcosm of some larger realization.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #9002 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 04:27:15 »
Maybe not today, but few days ago, I had another surgery. Second in last 10 months.
This time it was necessary, I had a tumour in my neck that had to be removed after years. 5cm, it was hard to cut out surgeon said, but they got it out. Waiting for lab result, but should be benign.
Sitting now at home, 2 weeks off, going through my photos, watching latest True Detective... I should get back on playing games, haven't played for a while...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9003 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 08:53:02 »
Maybe not today, but few days ago, I had another surgery. Second in last 10 months.
This time it was necessary, I had a tumour in my neck that had to be removed after years. 5cm, it was hard to cut out surgeon said, but they got it out. Waiting for lab result, but should be benign.
Sitting now at home, 2 weeks off, going through my photos, watching latest True Detective... I should get back on playing games, haven't played for a while...

Oof, hope all is well with the results. <3

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9004 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 10:20:20 »

Phinix needs m0ar veggies.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9005 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 14:27:04 »

tp -_-

Offline iri

« Reply #9006 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 15:08:35 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #9007 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 15:15:06 »
I had a tumour in my neck that had to be removed after years. 5cm, it was hard to cut out surgeon said, but they got it out. Waiting for lab result, but should be benign.
Let's hope so. If it had taken several years to grow to that size, it shouldn't have been aggressive, I'd think.

Best wishes.

Offline phinix

« Reply #9008 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 18:07:16 »

but they got it out
Congratulations!

I had a tumour in my neck that had to be removed after years. 5cm, it was hard to cut out surgeon said, but they got it out. Waiting for lab result, but should be benign.
Let's hope so. If it had taken several years to grow to that size, it shouldn't have been aggressive, I'd think.

Best wishes.

Thank you guys.
Yeah, hopefully it will be fine, I was told it should be ok.
Neck hurts, but I got some nice codeine tablets, so its ok.
But from person who never went to hospital, having had 2 surgeries in last 10 months I have to say.. I kinda like it? :D
Weird, but all nurses, doctors, everyone in hospitals were so nice that made this whole experience a lot easier and bearable. if you know what I mean?

Yes tp... I keep shovelling veggies :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #9009 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 18:11:56 »

That really sucks to hear, at least you're doing fine. Stay safe :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9010 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 21:30:58 »

hope you're happy and recovering smoothly dude!

Offline phinix

« Reply #9011 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 05:45:18 »

That really sucks to hear, at least you're doing fine. Stay safe :)

hope you're happy and recovering smoothly dude!

Thank you guys!  :-*

Offline phinix

« Reply #9012 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 19:57:33 »
****. It's malignant...

Last week I had a call from my doctor's secretary and she said that my doctor needs to move my follow-up appointment from April to this Tuesday.
I thought, ok, time slot released, so he wants to see me earlier. No worries.
So I went there today and he told me that unfortunately lab results showed its is malignant. So now I'm waiting for appointments to do MRI scans to see if there is any spread.
If there's nothing, then we would do tests every 6-12 months or so to make sure nothing shows up. But if there is something elsewhere, then we gonna start radio, chemo and other voodoo **** to kill whatever is left.
And I just booked holidays for this April and June. **** me...

Week ago I started to watch After Life - really nice show I wanted to watch for a long time. Now I feel like I'm part of it...
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 March 2024, 19:59:53 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9013 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 20:25:04 »
****. It's malignant...
Damn man, that is brutal news.

Focus on the good and love in life, and that positive influence will affect your body too. Eat well, love well, fight well, and don't let the treatment control that.

Best of vibes.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #9014 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 22:25:07 »
I went on a long walk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9015 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 22:26:33 »
****. It's malignant...

Last week I had a call from my doctor's secretary and she said that my doctor needs to move my follow-up appointment from April to this Tuesday.
So I went there today and he told me that unfortunately lab results showed its is malignant. So now I'm waiting for appointments to do MRI scans to see if there is any spread.
If there's nothing, then we would do tests every 6-12 months or so to make sure nothing shows up. But if there is something elsewhere, then we gonna start radio, chemo and other voodoo **** to kill whatever is left.

Week ago I started to watch After Life - really nice show I wanted to watch for a long time. Now I feel like I'm part of it...

Before you decide on Chemo, Phinix, I want you to watch, Making Sense of Cancer with Hannah Fry (2022).

It's a short documentary on a British mathematician's perspective on Chemo and various other cancer treatments,, Chemo is not what you think it is. It does not work well across most cancers. You have to be careful of the sales pitch, and really research the statistics for your particular cancer.

Also read, the China Study, by NIH researcher Colin Campbell. Cancer propagation can be modulated on and off through veggie nutritional intervention.

Snippet- Mice implanted with cancer lesions fed milk (casein) all died, while those fed plant protein survived.  Their tumor growth is modulated up and down when they switched between the 2 protein feeds.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #9016 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 08:11:25 »
You ever notice a period in your life where you just sat around the house for weeks on end, not really doing anything productive. Just sort of letting things accumulate, pile up, create clutter. It bothers you on some level, but not enough for you do do anything about it.
As the weeks get on, your little living bubble gets messier and messier.
Then out of nowhere you have somewhere to go, someplace people want you to be. A trip, or vacation, if you like.
Suddenly you are cleaning your home in a fervor. Tossing trash, scrubbing surfaces that never get laid upon by human eyes. You realize you have been living in filth, like an animal wallowing in Doordash bags and Amazon prime boxes for nearly a month.
It's weird. To go to such lengths to fix a problem you have been entrenched in, and the root of motivation being that you won't be there. Why did you not clean house while you were there suffering? Instead you waited until you knew you were leaving.
It's just odd how the human brain works sometimes. I'm sure this is a metaphorical microcosm of some larger realization.
Item GET!: Depression
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline iri

« Reply #9017 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 18:42:09 »
****. It's malignant...
Crap =( Best wishes from me.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #9018 on: Fri, 08 March 2024, 16:25:19 »
****. It's malignant...
Damn man, that is brutal news.

Focus on the good and love in life, and that positive influence will affect your body too. Eat well, love well, fight well, and don't let the treatment control that.

Best of vibes.

****. It's malignant...

Before you decide on Chemo, Phinix, I want you to watch, Making Sense of Cancer with Hannah Fry (2022).

It's a short documentary on a British mathematician's perspective on Chemo and various other cancer treatments,, Chemo is not what you think it is. It does not work well across most cancers. You have to be careful of the sales pitch, and really research the statistics for your particular cancer.

Also read, the China Study, by NIH researcher Colin Campbell. Cancer propagation can be modulated on and off through veggie nutritional intervention.

Snippet- Mice implanted with cancer lesions fed milk (casein) all died, while those fed plant protein survived.  Their tumor growth is modulated up and down when they switched between the 2 protein feeds.

****. It's malignant...
Crap =( Best wishes from me.

Thanks guys.
I guess there is never a time to be prepared for this. First day I felt pretty bad, now I feel a bit better, looked at it from different perspective.
No point to be down just now, I'll see what another tests will show, then will act.
Hoping for the best, will see what happens.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9019 on: Fri, 08 March 2024, 17:08:17 »

Thanks guys.
I guess there is never a time to be prepared for this. First day I felt pretty bad, now I feel a bit better, looked at it from different perspective.
No point to be down just now, I'll see what another tests will show, then will act.

It's important phinix that you do not feel powerlessness/despair. It might seem trite coming from myself, but Tp4+Veggies is more than a gekha Meme.

Studies show, Vegan bloodwork has 700% the cancer cell killing power compared to someone eating the standard american diet. And, our blood is only 1 of the basic defenses. The veggies do a whole lot more.

Everyone has cancer cells, whether or not those cells proliferate/ grow, you have tremendous room to affect those odds.

Nutrition (food) is the LARGEST chemical interface you have with the external world.

Offline phinix

« Reply #9020 on: Sun, 10 March 2024, 18:19:31 »

Thanks guys.

It's important phinix that you do not feel powerlessness/despair. It might seem trite coming from myself, but Tp4+Veggies is more than a gekha Meme.

Studies show, Vegan bloodwork has 700% the cancer cell killing power compared to someone eating the standard american diet. And, our blood is only 1 of the basic defenses. The veggies do a whole lot more.

Everyone has cancer cells, whether or not those cells proliferate/ grow, you have tremendous room to affect those odds.

Nutrition (food) is the LARGEST chemical interface you have with the external world.

Yeah, I've been talking a lot with my missus and we talked about how the hell that cancer grows/spreads so easily in last 20-30 years. My dad had one and died, my mum had two cancers and still alive, but unwell most of the time, my grandma had one, survived, died of age, my mother in law had one, died, my aunt had one, survived.
I think my parents' generation (born in 50s) was a group who ate all good stuff, non chemically modified, for most of their lives (living on farms, or eating food provided by organic farms etc), then in last 20 years they had loads of modified food introduced my the market, which I think had a huge influence on how those cancer cells have been "activated".
Then my generation (80s) was born in the age when that modified food was more available, I may have stared eating it at age of 10 for example. I think, may be wrong of course, but it had bigger influence on my parents, than me. On the other hand, my dad had stomache cancer at age of 53 (died 54) and I started at 43. Evolution ;)
But yes, I started to drastically reduce meat consumption in last 5 years, have to say you were one of the reasons :)
I do not eat much meat, almost none. I do take milk to coffee, reduced it a lot by not drinking it as is. I still do eat some cheese. Reduced eating eggs from maybe 5 a week to 6 a month. It is harder to get rid of those, but maybe in few years I will fully convert. Not vegan, but Vegeterian, or pestecarian (?) - I mean I would still like fish - also my favourite meat, so would be hard to get rid of...
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 March 2024, 18:23:30 by phinix »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9021 on: Sun, 10 March 2024, 18:55:33 »
I do not eat much meat, almost none. I do take milk to coffee, reduced it a lot by not drinking it as is. I still do eat some cheese. Reduced eating eggs from maybe 5 a week to 6 a month. It is harder to get rid of those, but maybe in few years I will fully convert. Not vegan, but Vegeterian, or pestecarian (?) - I mean I would still like fish - also my favourite meat, so would be hard to get rid of...

Indeed your attempts are valorous. We have a cultural obsession with meat eating due to advertising. This is difficult to overcome being surrounded by the unhealthy norms.

I want to emphasize the urgency of your situation. If you were 30, taking it slow, ok, but we're up against the wall here, if there was ever a time to redline the veggie engine, it's now.

Do not eat fish, there's nothing good in it, especially since the ocean of today is humanity's industrial toilet.

For Every person on the planet, we're dumping 30 TONS of chemicals into the environment Every Year. X8 billion. The bio-accumulation of toxins in fish large enough for humans to eat is excessive. Farmed fish is even worse, they're basically farmed in their own fecal pool. For example ~50% of salmon is farmed, then dyed orange, they're not even that color naturally anymore. These fish have to go through a lice cleaning machine, and they use an enormous amount of cleaning chemicals and antibiotics due to sea-lice and other infections.

If you can't get the protein concept out of your mind,  Sweet potato and Yams. You can literally live on them, they are nutritionally complete.