Author Topic: Raw Denim Thread?  (Read 22728 times)

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
Re: Raw Denim Thread?
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 14:44:36 »

Sadly I'm too short for raw denim. And fat. **** is made for tall lanky people.

Bro I'm about to get some and I fit that description.

You need money for your trip, save the pants till later. #YourMom

The Cap'n is a highly paid engineer-type.  He's a man on the way up.  You are going to crimp his style with too much mothering.  #buyMoarJeans.  http: http://www.google.com/Kanye+Is+A+Genius=Why_not_U_too_?+/APC_Jeans/zomg/SoKewl/$$$%

@photoelectric:  You quote the EPA as if the EPA was on your side.  But, the EPA is a captured regulatory agency.  EPA is not a watch dog.  EPA is the lap dog of the American Chemical Manufacturers Association.  Don't believe me?  The EPA puts out "Safe" levels of mercury, lead, radon, radiation and arsenic, among other toxic stuffs.  You know how much arsenic is safe for you to eat?  NONE.  0.00 micrograms.  Not any.  Yet the EPA tells you it's okay to have a little arsenic, and some lead, and some radiation, and some perc.  So you can eat a radioactive, heavy metal taco, if you want, but please, none for me. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 14:54:37 »

Good luck finding a size bigger than 32. And prepare to cuff your pants and look stupid. Or get them cut. But they never look right :(. I hate you tall skinny people.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 14:59:43 »
If this is going to turn into a hate thread, we can close it up.

There are several reasons why people would choose raw over regular jeans and just because you dont give enough of a **** to go research why, dosent mean that you have to come in here and **** all over others hobbies.

So sth, i invite you to go to another thread and ***** to someone else.

I now understand why jwaz didn't make a selvedge thread here before as he told me :/

Yeah I anticipated some hate.

But I would think that it isnt much of a stretch to apply the same rational we apply to our high end keyboards to other things, such as Jeans, shoes, food, whatever.

In my mind, if people want to spend their disposable income on a luxury item, cool.

This thread was made to discuss a hobby with other likeminded people.

Not to debate why raw denim is or isnt worth it. Frankly, sth has clearly made up his mind, and i've made up mine. Leave it at that.

If this is going to turn into a hate thread, we can close it up.

There are several reasons why people would choose raw over regular jeans and just because you dont give enough of a **** to go research why, dosent mean that you have to come in here and **** all over others hobbies.

So sth, i invite you to go to another thread and ***** to someone else.

i've owned selvedge denim. i used to think it made a difference but now i think i was wrong.

I've owned and spent time with several pairs, if i didnt truly believe that they warranted the price, why would i keep shooting myself in the foot?

Its a hobby, to see how the denim ages, fades, shapes to your body, etc.

and there's a difference between raw and selvedge. Raw denim is no more expensive than regular jeans : IE Rigid Dragon Levis ($30)

This is a raw denim thread, not selvedge.

yes please :p

200 bucks for a keyboard.
geez

not so different

Well the distinction I'm drawing is that at that price you can go to a nice tailor at that price who will treat you nice and ask you how its hanging.

I now understand why jwaz didn't make a selvedge thread here before as he told me :/

Yeah I anticipated some hate.

But I would think that it isnt much of a stretch to apply the same rational we apply to our high end keyboards to other things, such as Jeans, shoes, food, whatever.

In my mind, if people want to spend their disposable income on a luxury item, cool.

This thread was made to discuss a hobby with other likeminded people.

Not to debate why raw denim is or isnt worth it. Frankly, sth has clearly made up his mind, and i've made up mine. Leave it at that.

That's because this a keyboard forum and not a fashion forum. We all know why we're here and an explanation on why we spend more money on things that could be bought for 3-5x cheaper isn't necessary.

That standard doesn't immediately apply for things non keyboard related.

Not that I don't understand where you're coming from in wanting to discuss this with like minded people but it might help to have a nicer first post with some more details and info - like something you would see in YLLS might keep this discussion on track.

You can draw your arbitrary lines wherever you choose. Thats up to you.

The point is that the justification for spending more on a keyboard is very similar to the justification for spending more on other luxury items, such as raw denim.

Its a step up from the normal (Rubber Domes, jeans from h&m) thats worth it to some, not to everyone.

I find it hilarious that you think that this kind of spending is only okay on things "keyboard related"

People spend their money in a lot of ways. Don't get too tunnel visioned.

Okay, Mr. Sensitive.

I would tell you to read my previous post again, if you weren't so busy taking yourself too seriously.

If you want to run a proper fashion thread do it like this:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522118

Instead of whining about nobody's done their research or why people just don't understand.

Good luck finding a size bigger than 32. And prepare to cuff your pants and look stupid. Or get them cut. But they never look right :(. I hate you tall skinny people.

+1. Tall skinny people and those asses.
**** them.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 15:02:28 »

Wait a minute, Kanye is like 5' 5", and he looks okay in those APC jeans.  He's still a douchebag, but he looks good in those jeans.

Also, the guy who makes APC jeans is a short, fat little Frenchman, and even he looks okay in those jeans:

So maybe there is hope?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 16:19:08 »
Closest I've gotten is the Levis STF. They felt too stiff. I mean I know you gotta wear them a lot to make them softer and I love the look of raw denim but.... so uncomfortable for me :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 16:23:42 »

Gustin has sizes up to 38? I've seen a lot of companies do up to 36-38? Levi Shrink to Fit 501s went up to like 42.

Offline thegagne

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 16:58:51 »
I got a pair of raw selvage levis (yes they exist), but they were 501s and don't fit well. Got another pair of selvage 1969's from Gap that I wear almost daily and they fit SO well.

Will eventually pick up a pair of Gustins. A friend of mine got some, they are pretty nice.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 17:15:19 »
I got a pair of raw selvage levis (yes they exist), but they were 501s and don't fit well. Got another pair of selvage 1969's from Gap that I wear almost daily and they fit SO well.

Will eventually pick up a pair of Gustins. A friend of mine got some, they are pretty nice.

The slim Japanese Selvedge? I just saw some fit pics on r/rawdenim and they looked legit.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 20:16:40 »

The slim Japanese Selvedge? I just saw some fit pics on r/rawdenim and they looked legit.

They are pretty neat, from what i hear, they're good for the money, but unfortunately are excluded from every one of gap's sales.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 20:56:29 »

I dont like the 501XX(Levis vintage clothing), they seems to be all straight fit, which is too loose for me :/ Levis do some regular 501 selveldge pairs too but for Japanese market only from what I see

I dont know what other regular brand's selvedge like but the one of G-star suck, have 3 of them, one washed looks pretty good but the 2 other raw are terrible, wear 'em for about 5 month and hard to see the fading. Plus their selvedge denim are made in VN, not Jp or US :v

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 21:26:48 »
Selvedge denim and raw denim are not the same, its just that most raw jeans companies prefer to use that method.
Non Selvedge:

Selvedge:

And raw jeans ONLY means that they have never been washed by the manufacturer after being dyed, that is it. Compared to regular jeans that have been washed multiple times by the manufacturer before leaving the factory.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 22:39:38 »

I dont like the 501XX(Levis vintage clothing), they seems to be all straight fit, which is too loose for me :/ Levis do some regular 501 selveldge pairs too but for Japanese market only from what I see

I dont know what other regular brand's selvedge like but the one of G-star suck, have 3 of them, one washed looks pretty good but the 2 other raw are terrible, wear 'em for about 5 month and hard to see the fading. Plus their selvedge denim are made in VN, not Jp or US :v

hmm, i've never tried G-Star's selvedge jeans.  I got a pair of those wacky Arc 3D slim ones.  Also I got a pair of their cargo pants that are totally kewl for cargo pants.  But I got mine a few seasons ago, before they went with the total loaded diaper look that they have now.  https://www.g-star.com/en_us/product/men/jeans/20.0.50584.5773.3142

@Eric:  so the term "selvedge" just means the type of stitch they use to hem the denim?  Or does it mean something else?

Also if raw denim jeans are totally unwashed, then they are going to shrink a lot, and a sh!t ton of blue dye is going to come out the first 10-20 times you wash them.  Now i see why people don't wash them.  Also if you sit on a white couch, you will leave a blue stain.  Same with leather furniture too.  Any light colored furniture.  Isn't this a problem?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 23:05:49 »
The term selvedge is shorten of "self egde" which mean the fabric itself have the border line like you saw in the picture up there (the most common color is red on white, others are blue, green, pink, yellow, orange and even rainbow on white,...) in looming process.

The shrink however depend on how the manufacturer want, you can have sanforized one to avoid shrinking when wash/soak them, but somebody love the unsanforized so they can have the best fit to their legs by taking a bath with hot water with the denim on
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 February 2014, 23:08:13 by bazh »
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 00:54:13 »
found this today, for those who loving the deep dye, this is so good price on a Momo pair :( wish I had some money now :(

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/momotaro-0702-jeans
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 02:34:14 »
found this today, for those who loving the deep dye, this is so good price on a Momo pair :( wish I had some money now :(

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/momotaro-0702-jeans

Yes, got in on this yesterday. Jwaz may be participating as well.

Good looking denim. Those fades they get are KILLER.

Front after 6 months (From what i can gather, every day or near every day):

Back after 9 months(every day or near every day, same pair):

(Images borrowed from SuFu / Imgur, not me)
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 February 2014, 14:17:05 by KangarooZombies »
Having a bad day?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 02:37:09 »
Dat ass

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 02:55:20 »
wow, so that's you in the 702s contest thread on SF ? :D that's awesome fade you got :p
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 10:30:50 »

hmm, i've never tried G-Star's selvedge jeans.  I got a pair of those wacky Arc 3D slim ones.  Also I got a pair of their cargo pants that are totally kewl for cargo pants.  But I got mine a few seasons ago, before they went with the total loaded diaper look that they have now.  https://www.g-star.com/en_us/product/men/jeans/20.0.50584.5773.3142

@Eric:  so the term "selvedge" just means the type of stitch they use to hem the denim?  Or does it mean something else?

Also if raw denim jeans are totally unwashed, then they are going to shrink a lot, and a sh!t ton of blue dye is going to come out the first 10-20 times you wash them.  Now i see why people don't wash them.  Also if you sit on a white couch, you will leave a blue stain.  Same with leather furniture too.  Any light colored furniture.  Isn't this a problem?

Yup, its the stitching method for the hem, selvedge hems never curl, or fray; shrinking is a problem the first few times you wash them, but with raw jeans that first few times is usually in a span of 1-2 years; the first time I washed mine, I sat in a tub with the jeans on, it helped the jeans conform to my body a little better and possibly control the shrinkage to an extent. The color definitely rubs off on white, and some other lighter colors, I can't say I've experimented with white couches, but I do have a soft beige one that has no issues with bleeding onto the couch.

Levi's used to make selvedge denim a long time ago, but because the looms were shorter, they were not as efficient, when they upgraded their looms, Levi's sold or sent most of their selvedge equipment to Japan, which is why selvedge Levi's can be found in japan.
[One Keyboard at a time]

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 12:21:21 »
don't own a single pair of jeans (dress code :X)

Kangaroo, still don't understand how $2k jeans exist

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 14:16:01 »
wow, so that's you in the 702s contest thread on SF ? :D that's awesome fade you got :p

oh no no no, thats not me on those posts. These are just some example images.

I dont even have my 0702's yet :X
Having a bad day?

Offline thegagne

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 00:50:12 »

Nah just the cheaper Bangladesh selvedge - I got them on sale for like $40. Still not bad overall. I've worn them a lot so they have "character" now.

Offline iri

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 01:28:58 »
Okay, Mr. Sensitive.
can be shortened to "princess".

those asses.
**** them.
oh, may you please leave your intimate feelings for yourself.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 13:36:25 »
oops
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 February 2014, 13:43:00 by KangarooZombies »
Having a bad day?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 13:39:14 »
So apparently there have been some problems with the momotaro massdrop over the last couple days. Today the word "SAMPLE" was added to the title of the massdrop, and shortly after the website was down. As of right now massdrop is down, kinda concerned about the state of this drop.

Working for me.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 13:41:15 »
Having a bad day?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 13:44:04 »
And I still don't get the raw denim thing but hey I'm a fat guy so I couldn't wear them anyway. :D

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 19:44:25 »
Isn't that the drop close sooner than expect because of the large order count ? 138 seems to be a huge order to a company like Momo :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 19:47:14 »
Isn't that the drop close sooner than expect because of the large order count ? 138 seems to be a huge order to a company like Momo :D

Momos a lot bigger than you give them credit for, they're part of the Rampuya conglomerate (which is still probably not that large). Now if it was a company like The Flat Head it might keep them busy for a month or more. :P

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 13 February 2014, 20:47:02 »
ouch, I know they're in the same company with Japan Blue but always thought they're just small, thanks for pointing that out :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline nullstring

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 04:09:21 »
If you're not into fades, then it seems like you're best off with Levis/Gap jeans.

Offline thegagne

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 20:24:26 »
My gaps are starting to get some weak fades...

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 21:53:16 »
my Dirty Fade after 9 months  :p

55021-0
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 23:37:36 »
w00t raw denim thread!

Thanks for showing me what Selvege means. I've had a few pairs of these now. I started with a pair of Nudies. They wore out too easily. I replaced them with a pair of Naked & Famous, then a pair of United. If your jeans ain't worth as much as your keyboard then what's the point of playing.

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 17:25:49 »
Sad day for massdroppers
[One Keyboard at a time]

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 09:23:20 »
so Rampuya refuse all the orders from MassDrop ? That's sad but the price is hard to believe also :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 09:24:04 »

(Attachment Link)

Looks really good :)

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 16:47:30 »

(Attachment Link)

Dang, those look really good.

My Rogue territory SK's showed up yesterday!

They fit perfect, the fades are going to be amazing.
Having a bad day?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 18:19:55 »
OK, so apparently the RAW community is full of elitist *******s because anytime I try to ask a question on a RAW forum or the subreddit all I get are snarky sarcastic comments and people telling me to go back to shopping at Walmart. Is this a common thing amongst denimheads?

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 22:45:54 »
OK, so apparently the RAW community is full of elitist *******s because anytime I try to ask a question on a RAW forum or the subreddit all I get are snarky sarcastic comments and people telling me to go back to shopping at Walmart. Is this a common thing amongst denimheads?

Not in my experience.

Sorry that happened to you noisy :( id be happy to answer any questions for you though!
Having a bad day?

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 20:10:25 »

(Attachment Link)

Excellent progress! I'll have to post up mine after my next wash, they should be right around 6 months IIRC.

That's lame but I think the same sort of ellitism can be found in any community of hardcore enthusiasts (e.g., *nix, shaving, e-cigs, etc)

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 22:31:44 »
Keyboards...
[One Keyboard at a time]

Offline iri

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 05:00:56 »
That's lame but I think the same sort of ellitism can be found in any community of hardcore enthusiasts (e.g., *nix, shaving, e-cigs, etc)
not neccessary. here in russia i've seen this unpleasant elitism only among alpine snowboarders, even though we have online communities for pretty much every kind of enthusiasts, from pipe smokers to zoophiles.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 12:06:10 »
I refuse to let this die, here is a really well written article on selvedge today:

http://putthison.com/post/79476189803/what-is-selvedge-denim-why-does-a-selvedge

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 23:04:35 »
I refuse to let this die, here is a really well written article on selvedge today:

http://putthison.com/post/79476189803/what-is-selvedge-denim-why-does-a-selvedge

So, in other words, it doesn't matter, it's just semiotics and signifies a certain amount of pretension?

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 11:55:49 »
In a way, yes. Most jeans that have selvedge edges are higher quality and have other selling points regular jeans don't (raw materials, higher quality dyes, various kinds of softer cotton); why companies emphasize on selvedge, I don't know, but one of the main reasons I prefer raw jeans is the fit, and the look of the jeans after extended periods of wear, I've gone through alot of less expensive jeans (CK, DKNY, AX, Express, cheaper RL's) which ranged from 30-100, and they have all ripped and/or deteriorated at a much higher rate than some of my raw jeans. I'd personally rather purchase 1 pair for 200-400$ that lasts 5 years+ instead of buying 2-3 every year; for non-enthusiasts it all depends on the cost-benefit and personal preference.

The weight of the jeans also comes into play in determining suitability, they come in 12 oz (lightweight), 14oz (medium), and 16oz+(heavyweight), lightweight jeans fade faster and usually don't have the same shelf-life as the heavyweight jeans, but heavyweight jeans require dedication. They are incredibly stiff when you first purchase them and feel like walking around with cardboard pants; the fades take the longest to settle, but these jeans can easily last 10 years+.
[One Keyboard at a time]

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 12:25:03 »
Those 18+ oz denim can even stand itself :p
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 17:41:22 »
Here is a follow-up: http://putthison.com/post/79875045318/the-meaning-of-selvedge-then-and-now-following

Those 18+ oz denim can even stand itself :p

I can't find the video ATM but this reminds me of Brandon for N&F doing a promo for that 32oz pair they did where he just walks out and stands them up on their own. So ridiculously unwearable and probably destroyed some equipment to make 'em

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 02:51:47 »
^: my friend's got an N&F Okayama Spirit pair lately and suprisingly, it can stand too (16 oz) :o

//talk about the 32oz pair, just saw a guy on /r/rawdenim post his 2 days ago, that is a beautiful pair and stunning fade, but I will never try that, feel like it would be like robot with the first wear :p
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 03:22:16 »
i honestly have no clue what im buying these days then when it comes to raw denim?.
i just get Levi's cause i find them the most comfortable and durable compared to other Jeans i've purchased in my price range.

Apparently my 501's are shrink to fit so they're raw denim?  On Levi's site my 505's are listed as raw denim but not shrink to fit.
They both have the warning that it may cause shrinkage.

Either way, i never knew there was really a different and treat them like my other Levi's 550's and 560's.  I just throw them into the wash after I wear them like 5 times.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 08:19:27 »
Apparently my 501's are shrink to fit so they're raw denim?  On Levi's site my 505's are listed as raw denim but not shrink to fit.

I'm not sure about the 505s but the 501 Shrink to Fits are raw denim. I was looking into getting those since they're within a comfortable price range for me. I didn't get them since I couldn't find any info/reviews on them (I didn't look too hard). Do you find the shrinking process to be difficult? I'm worried the length won't be right after I shrink a pair. And how to you go about shrinking them.