Author Topic: Car Thread  (Read 647527 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: Car Thread
« Reply #2850 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 14:29:31 »
Snow!!!

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #2851 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 12:47:08 »
Ugh it was snowing here the other day. I still haven't put my snows on yet, driving with summer tires in the snow was... an adventure. Luckily I've got an appointment with Lexus tomorrow to get them swapped out so it shouldn't be an issue.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline iri

« Reply #2852 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 18:02:36 »
I'm so glad I don't need winter tyres anymore.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #2853 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 20:02:28 »
Update: I now have my ugly and peeling stock rims with winter tires installed.  :))
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline TheGlyph

« Reply #2854 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 00:11:41 »
VW Golf R Vs Honda Civic Type R

Discuss.
Instagram @GlennTheBlack
Discord TheGlyph#8458

Offline iri

« Reply #2855 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 14:31:58 »

Discuss.
What generation Civic?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TheGlyph

« Reply #2856 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 12:15:03 »
Instagram @GlennTheBlack
Discord TheGlyph#8458

Offline iri

« Reply #2857 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 16:33:47 »
Golf R please.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TheGlyph

« Reply #2858 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 03:00:35 »
I'm definitely leaning that way but love to hear your thoughts!
Instagram @GlennTheBlack
Discord TheGlyph#8458

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #2859 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 23:37:22 »
Thinking of buying my first car sometime soon. Any Honda fans in here? I'm currently thinking of a 5th gen hatch, cb7 accord, or gsr integra.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2860 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 00:10:01 »

Discuss.

Soulless vs over the top. Although I think the main thing with these two is the driven wheels.

I would go with the R.

I was looking around this segment a bit ago, the Hyundai N cars stuck out (so the Veloster N in the US).

Offline Kango_V

« Reply #2861 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 17:15:50 »
I sometimes potter around in this:

Offline Sniping

« Reply #2862 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 17:19:46 »
damn

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2863 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:06:05 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 February 2019, 19:06:41 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #2864 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 00:42:03 »
More
Show Image

Show Image

Daaaaaamn, that's real nice. Like how those wheels look on that car!

Offline snozberries

• Aww yiss!
« Reply #2865 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 14:51:51 »
My first car was a 1970 Pontiac Firebird and I miss the hell out of that thing. Been through a few changes, but now I'm in my 2016 Tacoma. My needs changed over the years and now I just need a place to throw my gear/bikes/snowboard. Zero complaints so far!

Offline TheGlyph

« Reply #2866 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 18:43:28 »
I was looking around this segment a bit ago, the Hyundai N cars stuck out (so the Veloster N in the US).

That asymmetric 3door is so cool! Absolutely love they're doing weird stuff, but at least watching reviews it looks pretty damn cheap quality wise =/

Still have fingers crossed for a 1+2 seating config that doesn't cost >$1mil
Instagram @GlennTheBlack
Discord TheGlyph#8458

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2867 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 06:12:34 »

Discuss.

Oh man my two loves.. Volkswagen and Honda. That’s tough. Civic forsure! JDM Tuner, more fun. And I have a VW tattoo.... haha I prefer classic VW. 92 and older. But mk3 was dope. mk4 also was fun. I drive a civic right now. Would love Type R.

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man.... lucky lucky. Wish we had those here for cheap, not importing. Beautiful!

My first car was a 1970 Pontiac Firebird and I miss the hell out of that thing. Been through a few changes, but now I'm in my 2016 Tacoma. My needs changed over the years and now I just need a place to throw my gear/bikes/snowboard. Zero complaints so far!

Very nice! My first car was a 1970 Plymouth Baracuda. Muscle cars are great man. Oo lucky! I love Toyota’s. I plan to get a 4Runner eventually.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 06:15:10 by dustinhxc »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2868 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 20:37:14 »
My serpentine belt broke while driving in the middle of downtown Ft Lauder dale  (an hour away from my house).

First I noticed my battery light on the dash come on, then my power steering started going out, next the engine started heating up.
When I looked under the hood the broken belt had also thrown/knocked what looked like a belt tensioner into the fan.
Then I had to call Uber for the hour ride home.  Not a good day  :(

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
« Reply #2869 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 10:03:34 »
I've had many late 80's to mid 90's Hondas. Engine swapping, painting, other various custom work. I miss doing that stuff, but kids got in the way!

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #2870 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 17:17:26 »
I've had many late 80's to mid 90's Hondas. Engine swapping, painting, other various custom work. I miss doing that stuff, but kids got in the way!

What was your favorite Honda engine ever?

Offline JeremyLLawson

• Jeremy Lawson [dot] com
« Reply #2871 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 19:07:00 »
I used to be a car guy, mainly 50s and 60s Ford stuff with a side of 80s turbocharged Shelby Dodges.  Owned 49-51 Fords, 65, 68, and 69 Lincoln Continentals with suicide doors, early 60s Falcons, several 63 & 64 Ford Galaxies including a big block 4 speed lightweight clone, and a bunch of other weird stuff.  Even had had a few oddballs like a turbo 240 Volvo and a 350/350 swapped Jaguar XJS for a while.  I sold off all my stuff over a decade ago save a couple things and now I'm down to just one that I'll keep forever, a car I got in 1990.  An 86 Daytona Turbo Z C/S in black and gold that's fully optioned.  Yeah, I know I'm weird but I love that car for some reason.
Resistance is Futile

Offline iri

« Reply #2872 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 12:51:10 »
How is Volvo 240 an oddball?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline JeremyLLawson

« Reply #2873 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 13:16:28 »
How is Volvo 240 an oddball?

For me it was an oddball as most of the stuff I had was FoMoCo or Mopar.  I got the Volvo in a trade for some big block Ford parts I had.  Was a fun car to drive and I probably would have kept it a bit longer if it had been a standard trans model.
Resistance is Futile

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #2874 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 01:23:43 »
Finally mounted my tweeters after some 10 years of sitting on top of the door pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2875 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 01:40:40 »
I used to be a car guy, mainly 50s and 60s Ford stuff with a side of 80s turbocharged Shelby Dodges.  Owned 49-51 Fords, 65, 68, and 69 Lincoln Continentals with suicide doors, early 60s Falcons, several 63 & 64 Ford Galaxies including a big block 4 speed lightweight clone, and a bunch of other weird stuff.  Even had had a few oddballs like a turbo 240 Volvo and a 350/350 swapped Jaguar XJS for a while.  I sold off all my stuff over a decade ago save a couple things and now I'm down to just one that I'll keep forever, a car I got in 1990.  An 86 Daytona Turbo Z C/S in black and gold that's fully optioned.  Yeah, I know I'm weird but I love that car for some reason.

A guy I work with has an '89 Chrysler Conquest TSI, blue. Unfortunately it's fully rundown and been parked for years but I love the style of that car. Your Daytona reminded me of it. Really cool looking cars.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline JeremyLLawson

« Reply #2876 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 14:28:34 »
A guy I work with has an '89 Chrysler Conquest TSI, blue. Unfortunately it's fully rundown and been parked for years but I love the style of that car. Your Daytona reminded me of it. Really cool looking cars.

I've always loved those cars but I've never owned one. I have, however, turned a wrench or two on a couple as I had a friend back in east TX who had a couple.  The 2.6 Mitsubishi gets a bad rap but it's like the 2.2/2.5 Chrysler engine, if you know how to maintain it it's fairly reliable.  Plus the Conquest/Starion is a rear wheel drive whereas my turbo Dodges are front wheel drive.

I still lust after an 86-87 GLHS and an 89 CSX-VNT and I'd also like a 84-86 Mustang SVO one of these days.  Another project I have in the back of my mind if I ever get back into car building is a 62 - 63 Falcon Ranchero with a 2.3L Ecoboost swap.
Resistance is Futile

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2877 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 10:36:03 »
I don't have a car because i'm 14, however my parents have one.
You know what i have? An pink " Power wheels Esclade".

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #2878 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 18:09:07 »
I don't have a car because i'm 14, however my parents have one.
You know what i have? An pink " Power wheels Esclade".

Roblox baybee!!!

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #2879 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 18:13:42 »
Finally had some nice enough weather at the weekend to get one of the cars out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #2880 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 23:09:25 »
Went through a few cars. Last 3 are my favs so far.

R35 GTR - someone totaled it by ripping off the front fender while wife happened to take it to work.

GT4 - wife sold it off to free up cash for to buy land and build her dream house... well at least I will get the garage I always wanted. 3 cars wide 14 ft ceilings and 29 ft deep. Finally get all my lifts woot.

S2000 - current daily driver till house is finished (summer of this year) then itll turn into my dedicated track car.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2881 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 14:07:29 »
Show Image
Show Image

Beauuuutiful, glad you managed to make the most of it!

I swear it looks a different colour every time i see it...

I bought yet another project car... This one works and has a bit more space than my other cars though...

I've already replaced the wing mirror, fixed the central locking, ordered new front wings, new bumper and considering a colour change.

She's so smooth :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #2882 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 09:47:01 »
Show Image
Show Image

What size are those rims and tires?

Offline whinmeister

« Reply #2883 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 14:40:27 »

Discuss.

What is there to discuss? The FK8 is already proven to be faster in the track. The only thing that comes to mind is aesthetic where the FK8 takes getting used to while the Golf R has looked almost the same as previous models. Perhaps I'm biased since I own a FK8 haha.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2884 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 03:25:24 »
Went through a few cars. Last 3 are my favs so far.

R35 GTR - someone totaled it by ripping off the front fender while wife happened to take it to work.

GT4 - wife sold it off to free up cash for to buy land and build her dream house... well at least I will get the garage I always wanted. 3 cars wide 14 ft ceilings and 29 ft deep. Finally get all my lifts woot.

S2000 - current daily driver till house is finished (summer of this year) then itll turn into my dedicated track car.

Nice S2000! Sweet Hondas...

GT4... wow thats a wild car right there... Land sounds amazing and a garage is always great!

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #2885 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 16:49:47 »
It's been a while I haven't posted in this thread. Still have my "youngtimers" but they're mostly garage queens.

The novelty is I've been rocking this "little" Porsche Panamera as my daily driver since one year... Most comfortable car I ever had. It is an amazing car and it really is next level. Sound insulation is from another world and although it's a heavy family car it's still very fun to drive in "sport" mode. But most of the time I just cruise in full comfort mode, listening to the amazing sound system. Problems with this kind of car can quickly mean an insane amount of bucks (like if the PDK gearbox were to fail, which is not that uncommon) so I'm paying for a full extended warranty. It's not cheap to run but I bought it second hand with a full warranty so I'm not taking a crazy depreciation on this and I'm not taking many risks as everything is covered under warranty (which I already had to use).
Next daily driver is definitely another Panamera: probably an hybrid (65% of all the Panamera sold are now plug-in hybrids so there are going to be a ****load of them on the used market soon).

****ty pic:
220031-0
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline iri

« Reply #2886 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 04:20:59 »
I'm moving to Spain

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2887 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 04:24:41 »
I'm moving to Spain

Are you driving there?

It's been a while I haven't posted in this thread. Still have my "youngtimers" but they're mostly garage queens.

The novelty is I've been rocking this "little" Porsche Panamera as my daily driver since one year... Most comfortable car I ever had. It is an amazing car and it really is next level. Sound insulation is from another world and although it's a heavy family car it's still very fun to drive in "sport" mode. But most of the time I just cruise in full comfort mode, listening to the amazing sound system. Problems with this kind of car can quickly mean an insane amount of bucks (like if the PDK gearbox were to fail, which is not that uncommon) so I'm paying for a full extended warranty. It's not cheap to run but I bought it second hand with a full warranty so I'm not taking a crazy depreciation on this and I'm not taking many risks as everything is covered under warranty (which I already had to use).
Next daily driver is definitely another Panamera: probably an hybrid (65% of all the Panamera sold are now plug-in hybrids so there are going to be a ****load of them on the used market soon).

****ty pic:
(Attachment Link)

Cool car to own. Really not keen on how they look, kinda what I see as bubbly 2000s **** (even though it started in 09). Can't imagine the costs if you didn't get the warranty.

What other cars do you have?

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #2888 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 06:40:39 »
I'm moving to Spain

Ah ah please do : lovely country to move to!  I did it and don't regret it : )

HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #2889 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 06:46:05 »

I posted them here somewhere in the 2000 messages throughout the years: Porsche 911 from 1988 which I have since 20 years, Ferrari 348 from 1992 and a little BMW Z3. But they're more modern art / sculptures than cars now: garage queens from another era which I very rarely take out.
Ah, found a pic of my 348 here on GH, I post it again. It's rare in black because back then 95% of all the Ferrari sold were red (even though yellow is the true original Ferrari color but whatever). There are maybe 80 black 348 TS cars in the world...

220051-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 May 2019, 06:48:54 by TacticalCoder »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2890 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 12:36:44 »

I posted them here somewhere in the 2000 messages throughout the years: Porsche 911 from 1988 which I have since 20 years, Ferrari 348 from 1992 and a little BMW Z3. But they're more modern art / sculptures than cars now: garage queens from another era which I very rarely take out.
Ah, found a pic of my 348 here on GH, I post it again. It's rare in black because back then 95% of all the Ferrari sold were red (even though yellow is the true original Ferrari color but whatever). There are maybe 80 black 348 TS cars in the world...

(Attachment Link)

What a collection. Which model is the 911?

The 348 has aged beautifully, especially in black. Pop up headlights are the best. Love the intake slats and those wheels...

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #2891 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 16:43:00 »
What a collection. Which model is the 911?

The 348 has aged beautifully, especially in black. Pop up headlights are the best. Love the intake slats and those wheels...

Ah tyvm : )

The 911 is a regular Carrera from 1988 (so 3.2 l flat 6 engine, no water cooling at all). No turbo. No convertible. No Targa. No turbo-look. No Speedster (well Speedster for that model only existed in 1989, not 1988). Just a whale tail.  It's basically identical to the one in this picture (don't have any picture handy here), same color (except the one in this picture is a slightly modified US version I'd say but it's nearly identical to this):

220140-0
I have that 911 since 20 years and bought it for a third of what it's worth today.  The 348 I also bought it at its cheapest price.  So I won't be losing money on these two no matter what (if price for such cars ever go back to past lows, I go on a buying spree and build myself a much bigger collection!).

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #2892 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 16:47:14 »
GT4 - wife sold it off to free up cash for to buy land and build her dream house...

The handling of the GT4 has to be crazy: I tried several Boxsters and they were already impressive... But the GT4: read mid engine plus the full chassis (not a convertible)... Also they're all manual gearbox right? This is surely extremely fun to drive.

Nearly bought a 911 GT3 a few years ago (model 996, with the Metzger engine) but then decided to go with the 348.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #2893 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 12:43:10 »
Traded in the IS250 for a 2016 Lexus GS350 F Sport last weekend. Still driving the IS250 until they get the title in the mail. Black exterior with red interior.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #2894 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 18:08:04 »
costco has $130 off a set of 4 bridgestone tires with free installation!!! but....looks like they don't carry the firehawk indy 500 which i was eyeing as my tire of choice this time around. damn. my ps2's are definitely starting to wear out. i'm losing traction even with traction control on in a straight line.

Offline JP

« Reply #2895 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 19:22:33 »
Y'all have some nice cars. I'll likely settle for a boring Sonata one of these days.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2896 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 02:30:34 »
Can buy a new company car next year, so starting to think what I should get. Driving a VW Passat atm, which is handy with the kid. Wife wants something sensible again, preferably SUV.

Currently considering keeping the Passat and buying something fun for myself. That Ford Mustang Ecoboost is very affordable🤔
pls gief bbv2

Offline captainkai

« Reply #2897 on: Thu, 18 July 2019, 02:27:29 »
2007 TL Type S - still going strong!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2898 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 22:01:35 »

2019 Tacoma TRD Pro

2014 Dodge Dart GT

1997 Nissan Hardbody D21

2019 Ford Fiesta ST

Both trucks are mine, Sedans are my wife's.

Dodge is getting lowered on airbags soon. Nissan is a stance/drift project that is giving me a headache. Tacoma is work truck and ST is wife's daily.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2899 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 07:37:30 »
Currently looking at a new company car but having a hard time to decide on what to buy. Belgian tax regulations are changing next year and to have the car still be somewhat deductible, I'd have to buy a (PH)EV... Tesla Model 3 or Polestar 2 is looking mighty interesting.

But on the other hand, I'd love something that says vroom.
pls gief bbv2