Author Topic: The KBParadise V80MTS will be making an appearance at KeyCon 2015. [ UPDATE ]  (Read 72992 times)

Offline dante

KBParadise will be forwarding me a V80MTS for showing off at KeyCon 2015 in hopes they can get some feedback/public exposure.

At this time it is unknown what kind of state it will be in (prototype/production).

The board will also have all three Matias Alps switches on it to play with!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2015, 19:41:33 by dante »

Offline geniekid

Re: The KBParadise V80MTS will be making an appearance at KeyCon 2015.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 08:18:20 »
Sweet! :)

Offline dante

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend KeyCon this year.

I've sent out a PM to someone attending to see if they will be able to show off the V80MTS.  However if I do not hear back from them soon I'm going to need a back up.  Part of the reason for the "rush" is that the Engineer is within a week of completing a sample board.

If you are someone with over a 1,000 posts and is in good standing with GeekHack and is interested in showing off the V80MTS at KeyCon please send me a PM so I can have you on stand by should my primary pick decide they don't have the time.  I have to clear it with KBP but I'm guessing at this point the person doing the showing off will be able to keep the board afterwards.

I'll probably make a judgement call sometime tomorrow.

Offline dante

Cptbadass has graciously made himself available to show off the V80mts at the show!

Now waiting for the factory engineer to finish up the sample... Hopefully it will be on schedule given its being sent out of Taiwan.

Offline dante

Here will be the switch breakout of the board:

98960-0

Offline dante

For clarification: KBP have found a large supply of old Fukka Alps; so they are throwing a few of them on just to get feedback from folks to see how you like them and if you feel they are good enough to warrant a 2nd clicky Alps switch option.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Matias Clicky > Fukka Alps.

I'd love to *find* a stash of Alps-esque switches though.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
For clarification: KBP have found a large supply of old Fukka Alps; so they are throwing a few of them on just to get feedback from folks to see how you like them and if you feel they are good enough to warrant a 2nd clicky Alps switch option.

I have a Filco Zero with Fukka Alps, which the previous owner modded to remove the clicker (and added some RO-59 lube). They are great switches when you mod them!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Packaged had arrived with Fukka or Simplified White Alps switches. Matias Quiet feels better than I remember. Cool!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Show Image

Show Image

Packaged had arrived with Fukka or Simplified White Alps switches. Matias Quiet feels better than I remember. Cool!

Very cool. Yeah I really like matias quiet switches.

I really want to try their linear switches.

Last time I talked to KBParadise through email I was told they are probably going to start making their own ALPS style switch based on Fukka. So I guess they would be Fukka clones?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Fukka are simplified Alps. I just reread the DT Wiki for my presentation at Keycon. So they might be making their version of the Matias switches. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that they already had copies of the matias switches out.

Offline dante

halleluya baby jesus ... I was having ministrokes all weekend hoping it would reach you in time CPTBadAss :)

EMS tracking = crap

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I'll take the relatively fast shipping and bad tracking versus the opposite.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Fukka are simplified Alps. I just reread the DT Wiki for my presentation at Keycon. So they might be making their version of the Matias switches. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that they already had copies of the matias switches out.

Oh, I didn't know they were making a version of the Matias switch.

This is what I was told through email:

More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Hm, I have a bunch of those FD/Fukka switches in hand and according to the DT Wiki, they're simplified Alps. Not sure what HuHia Alps are.

Offline dante

Guys and gals at KeyCon: Please post your thoughts about the V80MTS here if you can.  If there is something you don't like or wish it had / or even things you love that you don't want to see changed, etc.. It's a pretty basic keyboard so the only thing I know people might want are doubleshot/dyesub keycaps.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Hey everyone, if you remember trying this board out at Keycon (The Alphas had those really tactile and fun Matias Quiet switches) please leave a comment on your thoughts here. If we push KBParadise hard enough, we could get a modern TKL Alps mount board :).

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
I liked it.  I'm more of a Quiet switches kinda guy, because it's hard to find any clicky switch that compares to buckling spring or beam spring.  Definitely beats the snot out of any Cherry tactile switch.

As for the quality of the board, all I can say is good enough.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline RavenII

As a relative beginner in this...field? I would have never even tried an Alps/Matias switch if it were not for you (CPT)...but man am I glad I did, and I sure as hell hope it gains traction...

The linear ones were a bit to light, but man...those Matias Quiet Clicks...they're exactly what I want out of a tactile switch...from the weight to the amount of feedback. Just awesome...

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
I loved the quiet linears on this board.  I need this board in a full format for work now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2015, 22:37:41 by apathy3cs »

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
doublepost......
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2015, 22:37:49 by apathy3cs »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
I haven't tried the V80 MTS yet, but I do plan on getting one when they are available.

I'm hoping that since the V80 MTS is made by Costar it will fit in one of the aluminum TEX TKL cases.

Right now I own two V60 MTS's (quiet & clicky switches), and they are very cool boards (only downfall to me is the keycaps). 
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline dante

I've forwarded comments onto KBP.  I'm waiting to hear back when this will move into production.

I know they've been working on a V100 MX board.  I don't know if they will add Alps compatibility to it yet...
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 June 2015, 15:40:14 by dante »

Offline dante

I've received confirmation that the V80MTS PCB will fit in Tex Metal / Acrylic cases.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
mfw when you can get an affordable "kingsaver" :D

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
I've received confirmation that the V80MTS PCB will fit in Tex Metal / Acrylic cases.

Nice.  Have they tested it to confirm?  When I asked through email they said that "it should fit".
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline dante

They said it fits; I assume they tested it.

Offline zombimuncha

Cool!

Do they have a release date yet?

Does anyone who saw it at keycon have any review-like comments to share?

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
"Shut up and take my money." If these guys release a Matias Quiet Click TKL board I'll buy it.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
They said it fits; I assume they tested it.

Very Cool. Now back to hoping they get some of those tao hao Olivetti sets made.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

From here

Looks like these are coming out soon! If you want a modern well made TKL Alps board, your chance is coming in July!

Offline zombimuncha

Show Image

From here

Looks like these are coming out soon! If you want a modern well made TKL Alps board, your chance is coming in July!

hmmm... to order from mk and pay extra shipping and tax, or wait for pexon to get stock in the UK....

Offline Ludovician

These are now listed on the store page at https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/. $119 with Matias switches or $109 with Fuhua switches. Expected arrival date is 24/07.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Grr8

• Quack!
These are now listed on the store page at https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/. $119 with Matias switches or $109 with Fuhua switches. Expected arrival date is 24/07.

I'm in Queensland too.

If you buy one, when you get it can you PM me and let me catch up to have a go? :-D
Daily Driver: Poker II Backlit (Ducky Mini-fied) + Amazon o-rings. Future daily driver IBM AT Model F (restoring now). For fun: IBM SSK 1397681 (NIB), IBM SSK 1391472, IBM Industrial 101 Square label 1388032, IBM Industrial 101 Black label 1394946, IBM 1391401 (bolt-modding now), IBM 1370477, IBM 42H1292 (USA), IBM 52G9700 IBM, and more....
More
Ducky Shine w/Blues + WASD o-rings, Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/Browns + ebay o-rings, Rosewill RK-9100 w/Blues, Apple Wireless (slim), Apple Wireless White A1016, Apple Extended II ADB. Next? HHKB2Pro?