Author Topic: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped  (Read 318002 times)

Offline lanyusea

Re: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped
« Reply #1200 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 11:10:49 »
Would really love another run of this :( I need an extra PCB because this is my favourite keyboard of all time and would be devastated when/if it stops working.

E6 center USB PCB works with this
E6-V2 pcb? Is it the QMK or bootmapper pcb?

the center USB one, they're the same size

and i haven't tested it, but this is what i have heard
Sorry I meant to ask if all the E6-V2 round 2 pcbs were center usb?

190716-0
190720-1

Exclusive did really reach me to help him point this out.

He is really kind to you guys!

There are two points after the PCB comparison
1. The distance between switches in e6 pcb is less than the one in viper --> means the e6 pcb is not compatible with viper plate
2. The width of e6 pcb is larger than viper --> means you need to cut it narrower first if you insist to use one with your own plate
3. the USB port position is exactly same, also the MCU position --> means no change need to be made about the case

So the conclusion:

1. can, but need more work
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1201 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:45:07 »
Would really love another run of this :( I need an extra PCB because this is my favourite keyboard of all time and would be devastated when/if it stops working.

E6 center USB PCB works with this
E6-V2 pcb? Is it the QMK or bootmapper pcb?

the center USB one, they're the same size

and i haven't tested it, but this is what i have heard
Sorry I meant to ask if all the E6-V2 round 2 pcbs were center usb?

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Exclusive did really reach me to help him point this out.

He is really kind to you guys!

There are two points after the PCB comparison
1. The distance between switches in e6 pcb is less than the one in viper --> means the e6 pcb is not compatible with viper plate
2. The width of e6 pcb is larger than viper --> means you need to cut it narrower first if you insist to use one with your own plate
3. the USB port position is exactly same, also the MCU position --> means no change need to be made about the case

So the conclusion:

1. can, but need more work

interesting, thank you for the information
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1202 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 17:04:13 »
So correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like it's just a plate issue. The Viper and Eagle files are available already =).

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1203 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 22:25:48 »
So correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like it's just a plate issue. The Viper and Eagle files are available already =).

also need to cut the bottom part of the pcb, a little
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #1204 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 21:31:25 »
Just putting this out there but I'd like to see more PCBs made available.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1205 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 03:06:07 »
Just putting this out there but I'd like to see more PCBs made available.

Not gonna happen unless Snow does another run of them. He did a small run of viper PCBs (about 10), but I believe duck told him not to make more of them.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1206 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 03:38:22 »
Why would Duck want that :(

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1207 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:35:36 »
Why would Duck want that :(

Probably the same reason Duck didn't want to share his plate files, fear of cloning his design(s).

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1208 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:41:52 »
Of course, I never even thought. My PCB is in pretty bad shape so would be interested, if at all possible for a mini pcb run with Ducks blessing.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1209 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:46:30 »
Of course, I never even thought. My PCB is in pretty bad shape so would be interested, if at all possible for a mini pcb run with Ducks blessing.

I'm with you on that one, I'm kicking myself for not picking up a spare PCB during the GB. I've noticed that quite a few people are looking for one as well and having zero luck.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1210 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 11:26:15 »
If someone could make an E6-V2/Duck compatible PCB that would be great.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #1211 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 14:23:29 »
Makes me wonder if there isn't a PCB ninja in the community who could help with a GB to produce compatible aftermarket PCBs.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1212 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 23:05:56 »
Makes me wonder if there isn't a PCB ninja in the community who could help with a GB to produce compatible aftermarket PCBs.

bug wilba about it

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1213 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 04:47:34 »
Does anyone know if I can install an led strip to the PCB?

I really hate the 3 black spots on the front diffuser.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1214 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 01:05:10 »
Does anyone know if I can install an led strip to the PCB?

I really hate the 3 black spots on the front diffuser.

don't think so, but you can try replacing the LEDs

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1215 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 02:01:22 »
The LEDs are fine, I think it's because I'm using purple and it's not very bright, doesn't spread very well on the front diffuser.

Most boards have a cluster of tracers bundled together, the V2 has 7, I know some boards use these for LEDs like the gh60 and was hoping the same for the V2.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1216 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 02:04:01 »
The LEDs are fine, I think it's because I'm using purple and it's not very bright, doesn't spread very well on the front diffuser.

Most boards have a cluster of tracers bundled together, the V2 has 7, I know some boards use these for LEDs like the gh60 and was hoping the same for the V2.

Try EL wire

im not sure about the PCB

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1217 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 02:20:03 »

Try EL wire

im not sure about the PCB
They look like they will help a lot, not sure if it can be powered by the PCB though?

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #1218 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 09:18:14 »
So I'm a new proud owner of an Eagle v2!

Love the board, but have run into an issue using it on my work VDI. With my home PC, everything operates as expected, but once I plug it into the work machine the computer is inputting more than one stroke per key. I've typed this all just normally... but if I had started it on the work machine it would look like:

ssssooo iiiii''''mmm

It did this upon receiving the board, but I have since flashed it with 02D and changed the layout... but the issue persists. Any thoughts / experience with this?

Thanks!

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #1219 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:30:49 »
Recently purchased a Duck Viper v2 and i was able to flash it but i'm wondering how to change the RGB settings using the OD2 key mapper?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1220 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 11:00:10 »

Love the board, but have run into an issue using it on my work VDI. With my home PC, everything operates as expected, but once I plug it into the work machine the computer is inputting more than one stroke per key. I've typed this all just normally... but if I had started it on the work machine it would look like:

ssssooo iiiii''''mmm

It did this upon receiving the board, but I have since flashed it with 02D and changed the layout... but the issue persists. Any thoughts / experience with this?

Thanks!

You can try flashing it with QMK and changing the debouncing value. That might help.

Offline Shados

« Reply #1221 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 00:06:00 »

ssssooo iiiii''''mmm

Thanks!

These kinds of issues happen with most remoting solutions from time to time, regardless of keyboard. Check with the support for whatever system you're using.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #1222 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 14:00:17 »
Just wondering if any one has a extra eagle top or one they would want to park with, i would be willing to buy.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #1223 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 18:12:56 »
Just wondering if any one has a extra eagle top or one they would want to park with, i would be willing to buy.
Good luck getting someone to split their top from their bottom. It might be easier to buy a whole new eagle unless someone ruined their bottom piece.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #1224 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 22:07:22 »
Good luck getting someone to split their top from their bottom. It might be easier to buy a whole new eagle unless someone ruined their bottom piece.
Yeah i figured as much  :(

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #1225 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 00:49:59 »
Where would be the best place to see if i could get a weight for the Duck viper v2?
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 April 2018, 01:12:34 by JubJubCity »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1226 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 01:02:16 »
Where would be the best place to see if i could get a weight for the **** viper v2?

I would check Geekhack/reddit periodically in the next few months....

Offline Butter

« Reply #1227 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 01:03:50 »
Where would be the best place to see if i could get a weight for the **** viper v2?

I would check Geekhack/reddit periodically in the next few months....

If you run a GB for the weights I am in sir.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #1228 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 01:13:27 »
I as well looking forward to making this heavy AF  :thumb:

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1229 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 02:20:33 »
I as well looking forward to making this heavy AF  :thumb:
smittysteve is arranging a viper/eagle V2 and Jetfire weight GB.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #1230 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 02:21:26 »
Where would the weight go? o.o

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1231 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 12:07:35 »

There's a space for it in the bottom case.

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #1232 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 13:41:01 »

Specifically on the top portion of the bottom half of the case (i.e. on the inside, below the PCB).

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1233 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 13:54:08 »

Specifically on the top portion of the bottom half of the case (i.e. on the inside, below the PCB).

And all Duck top mount boards have this, it looks like this:

:))

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1234 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 22:33:56 »

And all Duck top mount boards have this, it looks like this:

Show Image

:))

+1

I have been noticing this empty for too long.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 April 2018, 00:25:43 by lanyusea »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1235 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 00:06:42 »
I have a wood weight in mine. Basically just an accent piece haha.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #1236 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 17:23:43 »
more GBs for the Duck Eagle?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1237 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 18:10:17 »

doubtful

although raven looks like it will have a poker style version

Offline lanyusea

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1240 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 12:39:49 »

just wait Duck Raven
http://duck0113.tistory.com/164

Traymount  :(

viper/eagle v1 and octagon v1 are both tray mount as well

better than average tray mount imo

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #1241 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 01:23:39 »

just wait Duck Raven
http://duck0113.tistory.com/164

Traymount  :(

viper/eagle v1 and octagon v1 are both tray mount as well

better than average tray mount imo

You're right. I wonder when this GB will happen... Really digging it!

Offline moitorpsychoo

« Reply #1242 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 19:24:21 »
EDIT: hello everyone, I'm totally new to the keeb community and I recently got a duck viper v2 kit, first custom keyboard!

The kit came with an unbuild PCB. I started testing the pcb last night (without soldering and switches), at first everything works fine, the underglow were gorgeous. But after 10 minutes the underglow  stopped working. I thought it might be firmware problem, so I flashed the pcb(I tried both QMK and 02D), all keys registered, but the underglow just won’t turn on. Instead, the underglow would flash at the moment when I plug the pcb to my computer, after that they won't turn on.

I know I'm new to customize keymap, I thought maybe I didn’t get the right key for underglow LEDs, so I customized all LED related keys in my layer 1(replacing 1-0) . Still nothing works :/

Have anyone ever encountered anything like this? I’m starting to think maybe I shorted the underglow somehow? But it was a brand new PCB and I only plugged it in 3 times before LEDs failed. hopefully I just missed some steps.

thanks in advance! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 May 2018, 20:18:46 by moitorpsychoo »

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #1243 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 19:54:36 »
EDIT: didn't read it right
check the solder and check if any of it touches the bottom case
make sure you clipped all the ends of the leds if you soldered them in
try a different cable and usb port
can't give you much more advice myself, hopefully someone else knows more
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 May 2018, 19:56:35 by p_blaze »

Offline moitorpsychoo

« Reply #1244 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 20:17:20 »

My bad, sorry for the confusion, I meant the underglow. I haven't install or solder any switch LEDs yet, I was just testing the underglow, and it stopped working on both the bottom case and my desk mat...

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #1245 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 06:14:14 »

My bad, sorry for the confusion, I meant the underglow. I haven't install or solder any switch LEDs yet, I was just testing the underglow, and it stopped working on both the bottom case and my desk mat...

Swap the cable, and check if all the usb pins are snug.
I had the same issue when one of my leds was missing except they would light up in series except for the leds cut off by the missing one

Offline moitorpsychoo

« Reply #1246 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 22:40:19 »

Swap the cable, and check if all the usb pins are snug.
I had the same issue when one of my leds was missing except they would light up in series except for the leds cut off by the missing one

So I did swap a brand new cable, still no luck. USB pins seemed snug.

Update: Got a few LEDs for the indicators and in switch LEDs as shown in the pic. No signs of the underglow :/

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1247 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 16:03:16 »
If they all flash when plugged in I wouldn't imagine they're broken. Sounds to me like they are turned off in memory, change the LED mode and make sure brightness is on full.

In the programming software(can't remember the name of it) open the led menu and reset it to default, save and flash.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #1248 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 17:28:02 »
https://imgur.com/a/To3YgWz

I fixed my blackbird's underglow and recorded it there, maybe it'll give you some insight. I'd usually try to put more some brainpower into helping you out, but I'm swamped with work right now.
Note that I did fix it incorrectly, because I wired the data lines wrong and will correct that soon. The LEDs are WS2812Bs.

Offline moitorpsychoo

« Reply #1249 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:12:33 »
If they all flash when plugged in I wouldn't imagine they're broken. Sounds to me like they are turned off in memory, change the LED mode and make sure brightness is on full.

In the programming software(can't remember the name of it) open the led menu and reset it to default, save and flash.

You mean O2D right? I did what you said, and still no underglow. I went ahead for more testing: I used a 3mm LED to touch the contact point of each underglow LED, and it lit up(as shown in the pic). Now I’m suspecting this is not a problem on software level....but let me know if this isn’t the right way to test.