Author Topic: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped  (Read 318907 times)

Offline zimo

Re: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped
« Reply #1150 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 00:58:13 »
Thanks,already restored

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #1151 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 19:56:01 »
Has anyone else been experiencing some crazy keychatter/ key debounce issues? It seems like o2d has an incredibly fast debounce time because I get random key chatter on keys all the time.  Really annoying never having a functioning keyboard when I spent so much money on it. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline brighenne

« Reply #1152 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:11:18 »
What switches did you use? I haven't experienced that in the four duck PCBs I've soldered.

Offline hoanglh94

« Reply #1153 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:43:32 »
Has anyone else been experiencing some crazy keychatter/ key debounce issues? It seems like o2d has an incredibly fast debounce time because I get random key chatter on keys all the time.  Really annoying never having a functioning keyboard when I spent so much money on it.

hmm, seems like i'm not the only one haha. I thought it was my switch since I used some old Clear but turned out it might be the pcb that caused it :-/

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #1154 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 08:23:34 »
  :cool:

Offline sonic2911

« Reply #1155 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 11:42:28 »
Anyone have a black eagle top and is looking to trade for a viper one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kit or assembled

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1156 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 11:43:16 »
Anyone have a black eagle top and is looking to trade for a viper one?

Kit or assembled

Don't think it'd matter? Think he means literally only the top piece, not top/plate.

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #1157 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 17:29:42 »

Love it

Viper V2 | TGR 910 CE | TGR 910 Poly R1 | RF 55g

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #1159 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 11:11:36 »

MODERATION NOTE: Do not circumvent the Classifieds Rules by posting outside of the Classifieds subforum.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 December 2017, 22:58:08 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline yonghf

« Reply #1160 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 00:30:17 »
MOD EDIT:  Do not circumvent classified rules by posting in topics.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 December 2017, 01:01:30 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1161 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 08:21:15 »
Does anyone here want to help me test my QMK port? I got it working on my Eagle with the standard layout (typing this message on a qmk powered duck eagle v2). Was wondering if anyone with a non standard layout or a viper would be willing to test for me to see how it works for them. Thank you!

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1162 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 06:36:57 »
Any idea why pressing caps lock disables this LED? Caps being the key closest to it.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1163 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 11:48:11 »
The bottom right pad doesn't look soldered properly...pressing caps lock if it's in the position between tab and shift is probably disturbing it . I'd reflow the solder and maybe even add a bit more to it

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1164 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 12:55:58 »
The bottom right pad doesn't look soldered properly...pressing caps lock if it's in the position between tab and shift is probably disturbing it . I'd reflow the solder and maybe even add a bit more to it
I did exactly this to all 4 led pads(loosened the solder). Will give it another go however with more solder this time.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #1165 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 15:26:50 »
Does anyone here want to help me test my QMK port? I got it working on my Eagle with the standard layout (typing this message on a qmk powered duck eagle v2). Was wondering if anyone with a non standard layout or a viper would be willing to test for me to see how it works for them. Thank you!

The PCB's are exactly the same between the Viper V2 and the Eagle V2, so I am not sure if you really need someone to test it with, but it sounds interesting and I'd be willing to try it out. DM me!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1166 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 16:44:59 »
I can confirm that they are the same, but the reason I need someone with a Viper specifically is to test rather the matrix I plotted out actually works on both an eagle and a viper.

As my current tester already pointed out, I was wrong! lol. While my Eagle worked, merely changing the keymap to fit a viper didn't.  I'll PM you with details as I always need more testers.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1167 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 15:05:45 »

LED 15 is official destroyed :'(, resulting in LED 16 being non funtional. LED 15, I have pulled 2 of the traces from the PCB, is it possible to wire these up from LED 14?

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1168 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 15:37:28 »

LED 15 is official destroyed :'(, resulting in LED 16 being non funtional. LED 15, I have pulled 2 of the traces from the PCB, is it possible to wire these up from LED 14?

I know this is unrelated, but double check if your stabs are shorting anything.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1169 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 15:48:16 »

Ugh..I'm so sorry to hear that. This is one issue I have with Duck PCBs, pads are too fragile.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1170 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 15:53:48 »

Ugh..I'm so sorry to hear that. This is one issue I have with Duck PCBs, pads are too fragile.
Yeah I'm really angry with myself, on the positive side, it's LED 15 and not LED 1. I can disable the 4 side LEDs and it still looks nice.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1171 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 15:54:49 »

I know this is unrelated, but double check if your stabs are shorting anything.
I really hope it's not, because I have a stab screw over 2 switch led holes, and it would mean I've destroyed the led for no reason. Either way I won't know because the affected LEDs pads a ripped off.

Offline profanum429

« Reply #1172 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 23:09:35 »

I **believe** that the RGB LEDs are WS2812B types so if you jumper the pins on the LED 15 to LED 14 and LED 16 properly they should work. The datasheet is here: http://www.seeedstudio.com/document/pdf/WS2812B%20Datasheet.pdf. This will depend on which pads are lifted. For instance if you lifted the DIN pad on LED 15, you'd need to jumper the DOUT pin on LED14 to the DIN pin on LED15. If you lifted the DOUT pad on LED15 you'll need to jumper DOUT on LED15 to DIN on LED16. The other ones should just be one to one, VDD to LED 14 VDD, VSS to LED 14 VSS.

I'm not 100% sure they are WS2812Bs but after looking at and running the QMK firmware they seem to respond like WS2812s and they are the 4 pin package of the WS2812Bs. If you aren't comfortable with any of this then probably dig deeper since I'm not 100% sure and don't want to mess anything up further!

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #1173 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 23:25:24 »
This is correct. I ordered a few strips of 10 from here and had a good experience.

https://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=SMD%20LED%20-%20RGB%20WS2812B%20&filter_description=true&filter_sub_category=true&product_id=915

I can also send you a wiring diagram for how the pins connect from LED to LED if you want to give it a shot. Duck was kind enough to provide this a while ago as I’ve had a couple of LED issues as well. Pm me if you’d like that.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1174 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 01:17:49 »

I **believe** that the RGB LEDs are WS2812B types so if you jumper the pins on the LED 15 to LED 14 and LED 16 properly they should work. The datasheet is here: http://www.seeedstudio.com/document/pdf/WS2812B%20Datasheet.pdf. This will depend on which pads are lifted. For instance if you lifted the DIN pad on LED 15, you'd need to jumper the DOUT pin on LED14 to the DIN pin on LED15. If you lifted the DOUT pad on LED15 you'll need to jumper DOUT on LED15 to DIN on LED16. The other ones should just be one to one, VDD to LED 14 VDD, VSS to LED 14 VSS.

I'm not 100% sure they are WS2812Bs but after looking at and running the QMK firmware they seem to respond like WS2812s and they are the 4 pin package of the WS2812Bs. If you aren't comfortable with any of this then probably dig deeper since I'm not 100% sure and don't want to mess anything up further!

This is correct. I ordered a few strips of 10 from here and had a good experience.

https://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=SMD%20LED%20-%20RGB%20WS2812B%20&filter_description=true&filter_sub_category=true&product_id=915

I can also send you a wiring diagram for how the pins connect from LED to LED if you want to give it a shot. Duck was kind enough to provide this a while ago as I’ve had a couple of LED issues as well. Pm me if you’d like that.

Thanks for the help, both of you.

I have gone ahead a bought 10 WS2812Bs. It is the 2 traces on the edge of the board, not sure yet what these correlate to on the led based on the datasheet.

PMed smittysteve

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1175 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 10:01:09 »
Hey guys, just another instance of me riding on the shoulders of giants. The Duck Eagle/Viper V2 is now officially supported by QMK.

Special thanks to work previously done by xauser, rasmusx and contributions from profanum429 in getting the indicators and viper keymap working.

Please keep in mind that this is not the official firmware endorsed by Duck.

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/eagle_viper

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #1176 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 17:26:00 »
Repaired, thanks for the help everyone.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1177 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 19:11:33 »
Repaired, thanks for the help everyone.
Show Image

well

if it works, it works, i guess
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline stbasterd

« Reply #1178 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 23:24:01 »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1179 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 09:35:39 »

hmm, seems like i'm not the only one haha. I thought it was my switch since I used some old Clear but turned out it might be the pcb that caused it :-/

You might want to try QMK and see if the debounce issues go away.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1180 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 11:55:59 »
Any chance of this running again?  I missed out on v2 and would love to get a Viper rather than a Tina-C.  Thanks!

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1181 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 12:01:12 »
Any chance of this running again?  I missed out on v2 and would love to get a Viper rather than a Tina-C.  Thanks!

There's a remake of Viper v1 in the works, but it's tray mount and has an updated design.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BduVLF6jEQq/?hl=en&taken-by=duck0113_kor

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1182 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 12:05:53 »

There's a remake of Viper v1 in the works, but it's tray mount and has an updated design.

Would this also have a plate, or just a PCB?  I'm most interested in a nice aluminum HHKB.  I like Noxary, too, but it's hard to get when it's raffle based.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1183 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 12:08:07 »

Would this also have a plate, or just a PCB?  I'm most interested in a nice aluminum HHKB.  I like Noxary, too, but it's hard to get when it's raffle based.

probably just pcb

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1184 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 14:53:01 »

already ran, private run KR only

duck had a few extra viper v1 PCBs he wanted to get rid of
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1185 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 15:31:51 »

well ****

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1186 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 17:04:58 »

well ****

and i forgot to mention before that viper v1 is tray mount anyway, so that's why v 1.1 is also tray

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #1187 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 17:17:38 »

Does he have any V2 PCB's he'd like to sell. I could really use a functional V2 pcb.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1188 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 18:20:38 »

Does he have any V2 PCB's he'd like to sell. I could really use a functional V2 pcb.

Not as far as I know.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1189 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 20:05:49 »

I thought it is a future GB...
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1190 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 20:45:58 »

he said he might run it again, since it's popular

we'll see what's coming after the holiday, i'll see what i can find on kbdlab

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1191 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 00:22:25 »

I noticed this keyboard kbdlab before. http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50&search_target=nick_name&search_keyword=duck0113&document_srl=4954894

but haven't found any GB information (though in Korean
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1192 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 02:11:16 »

I noticed this keyboard kbdlab before. http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50&search_target=nick_name&search_keyword=duck0113&document_srl=4954894

but haven't found any GB information (though in Korean)

i'll ask him next time i talk to him, i've heard a few different things from a few different people

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #1193 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 10:25:07 »
Would really love another run of this :( I need an extra PCB because this is my favourite keyboard of all time and would be devastated when/if it stops working.
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1194 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 12:06:39 »
Would really love another run of this :( I need an extra PCB because this is my favourite keyboard of all time and would be devastated when/if it stops working.

E6 center USB PCB works with this

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #1195 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 12:27:54 »

E6-V2 pcb? Is it the QMK or bootmapper pcb?
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1196 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 12:50:31 »

the center USB one, they're the same size

and i haven't tested it, but this is what i have heard

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #1197 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 13:15:13 »

the center USB one, they're the same size

and i haven't tested it, but this is what i have heard
Sorry I meant to ask if all the E6-V2 round 2 pcbs were center usb?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1198 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 13:19:47 »
Yes they are. I don't think the underglow will line up properly though.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1199 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 16:02:46 »
Yes they are. I don't think the underglow will line up properly though.

win some lose some

haven't had a chance to look at an e6 PCB so can't say