Author Topic: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 100% SHIPPED, RED RIOT SHIPPING]  (Read 124373 times)

Offline oh_chesteroni

Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch (Both sets made it!)
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 23:13:51 »
Amendment, colors will be GE, GX, and YCH NOT YBP like I said above. It's closer to the render. I might get samples in both, but I don't want to add time on to this GB. We'll see.

Red Riot will match the same red as the Cola set. It's a nice dark red, I like it a lot. I think I said that further up, but I can't remember.

These are final colors unless there's some weirdness that's out of my control.
Dude, I'm speechless right now.
I hope you take away some solid lessons from this GB, and congrats on making MOQ one way or another.

Offline Petch

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 05:09:01 »
Slightly tempted now the mods aren't black but don't really feel like buying from CU after Doom 🤷

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 10:15:17 »
Slightly tempted now the mods aren't black but don't really feel like buying from CU after Doom 🤷

Did you not get refunded? 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 10:23:18 »

If you wait until shipping, ZF will have no shortage of extras.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline slk

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:03:34 »
how are JTK compared to others?

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:02:14 »
So happy to have gotten in on Yolch! I was about to buy skidolcha from GMK because it was as close as i could get to what i wanted when y'all posted this GB, now i can get the exact look I want for half the price. Hope everything goes smoothly with production! :D

Offline Jubileus

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:25:58 »
Damn I didn't notice this buy. Hoping to get yolch extras. It would look so good on my gray and gold mooon.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:44:16 »
how are JTK compared to others?

the legends aren't quite the same but the plastic quality is about equal

Hope everything goes smoothly with production! :D

me too, bud

Damn I didn't notice this buy. Hoping to get yolch extras. It would look so good on my gray and gold mooon.

it should be pretty easy to get some once the buy is done

i would have liked to have the colors sorted out 2 weeks earlier but sometimes that's just how it is
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MajorclaM

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 14:58:33 »
Happy to hear that extras are a possibility. I somehow got DCS and JTK mixed up in my head and avoided the GB. Too many acronyms in this dang hobby. Looking forward to seeing some community photos.

Has there been any thought given to blank sets that aren't monotone, like alphas and mods as two different colors?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 19:37:55 »
Happy to hear that extras are a possibility. I somehow got DCS and JTK mixed up in my head and avoided the GB. Too many acronyms in this dang hobby. Looking forward to seeing some community photos.

Has there been any thought given to blank sets that aren't monotone, like alphas and mods as two different colors?

i'm thinkin about it but i'm not sure if we'd be able to get the MOQ for it

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 16:46:53 »
Quick update, ZF doesn't have GE and GX color chips, so the set will be matched to GMK dolch (CC, N9) instead, since they have those. The yellow is unchanged.

Waiting to hear back on bank transfer details, but payment should be submitted this week.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 16:50:27 »
Quick update, ZF doesn't have GE and GX color chips, so the set will be matched to GMK dolch (CC, N9) instead, since they have those. The yellow is unchanged.

Waiting to hear back on bank transfer details, but payment should be submitted this week.

Even better. +1.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 16:59:23 »

Even better. +1.

Basically a bank error in our favor, except the bank is ZF's storage warehouse. They've been super helpful throughout the whole process, and I'm 100% working with them again for my next set.

Offline yinzer

• I'm new around here ... please don't notice.
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 18:10:00 »
Mods color matched to N9? Yellow instead of Yellow-Gold legends?

This is the best outcome. Very, very nice.

This is the Yolch everyone wanted. I'm super glad I could do my small part to make it happen.  ;D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 19:57:31 »
Mods color matched to N9? Yellow instead of Yellow-Gold legends?

This is the best outcome. Very, very nice.

This is the Yolch everyone wanted. I'm super glad I could do my small part to make it happen.  ;D

learned a lot from this one, that's for sure

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 20:20:43 »
Yep, hopefully there are extras and I'll snap up a set. Unfortunate the GB went the way it did, I would've participated if there was confirmation that this would be the color result.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 21:37:09 »
Yep, hopefully there are extras and I'll snap up a set. Unfortunate the GB went the way it did, I would've participated if there was confirmation that this would be the color result.

there are a ton of extras, you should have no trouble getting either set once they ship

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 22:26:30 »
Super happy with the way everything played out. Looking forward, more and more every day, to these coming in!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 16 June 2018, 23:28:39 »
Slight delay, Krelbit is on vacation. I knew he was going, but when the GB period was extended, it overlapped with the timeline.

Payment hasn't been submitted yet, but there are some details I need to work out behind the scenes before it gets submitted anyway. I'll let y'all know when JTK confirms receipt.

This delay adds about 2 weeks to the overall GB period, but the good news is that we're already through one of them. We should have this sorted by the end of the week.
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 June 2018, 23:30:12 by Puddsy »

Offline neemajon

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 11:52:29 »
Bought this and the raindrop, looking forward to receiving both.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 13:07:38 »
Hiya, quick update.

Minor communication issue with payment. Timezones are slowing the process down, and I've been away for a few days. Production will start within a few days of payment.

Hopefully my next update will be better.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 15:26:37 »
Minor difficulties with international transfers, but progress has been made.

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 18:26:38 »

Would it be possible to get a little more info? What were the difficulties? What kind of progress?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 19:05:39 »

Would it be possible to get a little more info? What were the difficulties? What kind of progress?

timezones have slowed communication to a crawl. at this point we're waiting on an invoice and a bank account verification and then we should be good to go

was just hard to get everything set up to submit payment

if you hear me talk about "good delays" vs "bad delays" this is definitely in the "bad delays" camp and i'm sorry for that

i didn't realize this would take a month to resolve
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 July 2018, 19:10:46 by Puddsy »

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #174 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 20:11:16 »
Figured it was something like that.
In the age of PayPal an old school bank transfer is still a PITA.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 20:15:02 »

Unfortunately we didn't account for conversion fees so we have to do it the old fashioned way to save some overhead.

A big learning moment for me, plan out payment beforehand. Noted for my next GB.

Offline yinzer

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 20:23:08 »
Are we looking at fulfillment to be closer to mid/late September at this point?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 20:25:49 »

no idea, but i imagine so

production wasn't slated to start until this week anyway so we'll see

Offline yinzer

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 20:30:53 »

Right on. That's not too bad. Folks have been waiting on Yolch for what seems like years. A few extra weeks won't kill anyone.

Thank you for the frequent updates, even if it's not great news.  :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 21:13:00 »

Right on. That's not too bad. Folks have been waiting on Yolch for what seems like years. A few extra weeks won't kill anyone.

Thank you for the frequent updates, even if it's not great news.  :thumb:

i like to admit to my ****ups

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 22:54:53 »

timezones have slowed communication to a crawl. at this point we're waiting on an invoice and a bank account verification and then we should be good to go

was just hard to get everything set up to submit payment

if you hear me talk about "good delays" vs "bad delays" this is definitely in the "bad delays" camp and i'm sorry for that

i didn't realize this would take a month to resolve

Unfortunately we didn't account for conversion fees so we have to do it the old fashioned way to save some overhead.

A big learning moment for me, plan out payment beforehand. Noted for my next GB.

Awesome, thank you for elaborating. I appreciate the transparency :]

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 20:04:52 »
All issues resolved. Payment should be made in the next 7-10 days.

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 18:42:22 »

Woo! \o/

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 22:17:41 »
waiting on one vendor to confirm payment and then we're good to go

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 19:56:38 »

this turned out to be a lie

sleeper issue, should actually be paid by the end of next week

the last vendor had a problem transferring funds from paypal to bank

bank transfer is the better option (as opposed to paypal F&F) but it's been causing a lot of problems because banks are slow

im frustrated since there was a really easy fix to all of these issues but my stubborn ass didn't think it would be a problem

lesson learned

Offline duckboi

« Reply #185 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 07:41:14 »

this turned out to be a lie

sleeper issue, should actually be paid by the end of next week

the last vendor had a problem transferring funds from paypal to bank

bank transfer is the better option (as opposed to paypal F&F) but it's been causing a lot of problems because banks are slow

im frustrated since there was a really easy fix to all of these issues but my stubborn ass didn't think it would be a problem

lesson learned

Thanks, excited to see this moving along
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 19:21:49 »
came back from a weekend away

JTK has been paid and colormatching will begin this week

i do not have a new estimated shipping date, i'll post here when i do
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 July 2018, 20:39:35 by Puddsy »

Offline yinzer

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 19:27:24 »
came back from a weekend away

JTK has been paid and colormatching will begin this week

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 21:01:25 »
I have pictures of the first round of color samples.

Looking pretty close at first attempt.

Waiting for a pic of all the caps together and then I will probably approve it. That'll probably take a few days, but we're making actual progress now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 July 2018, 21:05:34 by Puddsy »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 22:24:05 »
oh i should post the pics shouldn't i

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 01:22:31 »
Those color samples look really close to the swatches.

Offline bjof

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 02:25:08 »
Hoping to snag a red riot set extra.  :p

Offline yinzer

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 14:50:51 »
The alphas look great. The mods look very close, but not quite there. Then again, this could be just a picture/monitor issue. The color swatches don't look much like N9 in that picture on my monitor either.  ;D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 21:33:46 »
The alphas look great. The mods look very close, but not quite there. Then again, this could be just a picture/monitor issue. The color swatches don't look much like N9 in that picture on my monitor either.  ;D

i think it's a camera issue, they will send me better pics in a few days and i'll make a judgement then

i know factory lights tend to green things up a bit so we'll see

if it's really egregious i'll get another sample, this one came back super fast so it shouldn't be too big a delay
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 July 2018, 21:36:23 by Puddsy »

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 23:09:04 »

i think it's a camera issue, they will send me better pics in a few days and i'll make a judgement then

i know factory lights tend to green things up a bit so we'll see

if it's really egregious i'll get another sample, this one came back super fast so it shouldn't be too big a delay

I love coming in from a weekend and seeing such progress. Thank you Puddsy!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 19:58:01 »

thinking these are pretty close

i think the color variance is due to light not it being off

getting the samples to me in person would be a big delay so i'm tempted to trust ZF (who are helping handle this) in saying that they are good

debate

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 26 July 2018, 10:19:40 »
Those colors look on point to me. Having them in hand would always provide a better level of confidence but I'd be happy with the faster turn around provided by trusting zf.

If others feel differently or want more reassurance tho there's nothing wrong with that :)

Thanks for the update!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline yinzer

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 26 July 2018, 12:22:24 »
For my sensibilities, an exact Dolch colormatch isn't all that important. So I don't want to argue for delaying over some slight differences in shades of gray in a picture. It's just not possible to be precise though phone pics like this. If the eyes on it are saying it's good, I'm not inclined to disagree.

That said, I'm gonna play devil's advocate though since this hasn't been a ton of participation at this stage. If ZF has any of the other Dolch sets on hand (something like Sky or Miami Dolch) to compare, it would be nice to see those pictures. I remember seeing early discussion about mixing-and-matching with other Dolch kits. It's really under those circumstances that a close match will be important.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #198 on: Thu, 26 July 2018, 21:49:47 »
For my sensibilities, an exact Dolch colormatch isn't all that important. So I don't want to argue for delaying over some slight differences in shades of gray in a picture. It's just not possible to be precise though phone pics like this. If the eyes on it are saying it's good, I'm not inclined to disagree.

That said, I'm gonna play devil's advocate though since this hasn't been a ton of participation at this stage. If ZF has any of the other Dolch sets on hand (something like Sky or Miami Dolch) to compare, it would be nice to see those pictures. I remember seeing early discussion about mixing-and-matching with other Dolch kits. It's really under those circumstances that a close match will be important.

the first pics have some dolch keys in them

jtk matched based off a set of sky dolch

Offline yinzer

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 13:35:16 »

the first pics have some dolch keys in them

jtk matched based off a set of sky dolch

Whoops, I missed that sky dolch.

Well, I guess I'm back to where I was before: It's not possible to tell from these pics if there is a color match. I'm not saying there isn't a match and I'm not trying to nitpick. The differences in colors could be a slight mismatch in colors, it could also just be that we're comparing an R2 key to an R1 key and the light is hitting it at a slightly different angle.

I think they look good and if you trust the people you're talking to, that's good enough for me  :thumb:

People early on seemed really sensitive about colors, so I'm just voicing that concern since those folks have largely disappeared from the thread.