Author Topic: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 100% SHIPPED, RED RIOT SHIPPING]  (Read 124846 times)

Offline PaultheSloth

• JW Double Black
Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 95% SHIPPED, FIRST RR PICS IN]
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 08:36:29 »
Red Riot looking so good that I'll have to get extras when it's available. 1 set ain't enough.
Polaris|Leaf60|QXP|DC60|Planck|SKB60|Tokyo60|UT-47|AnnePro

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #351 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 16:09:34 »
There are 3 extras spots left that I have on my site. There will most definitely be more after I've shipped the sets but if you want to get a set right now it is most definitely an option. There are people who have canceled, and sets that I have purchased independently, and I have not readded those to stock. The price will also increase by $4 after the sets are in my hands so if you want to save a bit on the total cost the best time to buy would be before I get the sets.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #352 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 16:15:25 »

Red Riot looks super clean  :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 01:21:19 »
Had a nice chat with Buddha from JTK earlier. He explained that the yellow plastic probably interfered with the color of the grey plastic in the alphas. So, the base plastic matched, but because the legends are yellow instead of sky blue (it was matched to a sky dolch set) the color is a shade or so off.

This makes sense to me and explains the color discrepancy between Yolch and the Kekkon dolch set pictured previously.

Basically, it's no big deal.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Wertsdf

« Reply #354 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 17:46:50 »
My turn for a pic  ;D

208804-0

Looks great especially with the spacebar! Thanks to Puddsy and everyone else who helped run this GB :))

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 07:36:05 »
Love the way this set came out, it fit into my m69a build just the way I hoped! Thanks again Puddsy and Krel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 07:58:00 »
Got my Yolch set and also am very happy, turned out as well as other pics here, just really nice. Also I like the color more than regular Dolch, which to me looks like it has aged and yellowed. The warm gray is less pronounced on Yolch and to me it looks better/newer. Great GB and communication, thanks to all who organized, produced, and fulfilled.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #357 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 10:53:38 »
Two week further delay on RR. Three caps have subtle legends and are being remade.

Also been told that JTK will not be producing a blank set ever again.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 11:25:28 »
Wow.  I just assumed they had blank molds. But I guess they’ve always done doubleshot caps.  Anywhoo, we got a good price on this unicorn

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 13:49:11 »
Wow.  I just assumed they had blank molds. But I guess they’ve always done doubleshot caps.  Anywhoo, we got a good price on this unicorn

I'd had the same thought. Oh well.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 13:50:52 »
These about to be more stealth than black on black dye sub :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #361 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 15:19:30 »

F

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #362 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 15:23:36 »
Two week further delay on RR. Three caps have subtle legends and are being remade.

You broke JTK.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline fireworm

« Reply #363 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 00:32:18 »

So only GMK for thick Cherry / OEM blanks now?  SP does DCS, but I suppose folks think that's... not the best thing they make.  :p (too thin)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 00:58:08 »

You broke JTK.

He's just as frustrated as I am, I think. First (and last) ABS blank set. Should have spoken for more than two of them.

F

F

So only GMK for thick Cherry / OEM blanks now?  SP does DCS, but I suppose folks think that's... not the best thing they make.  :p (too thin)

Don't forget that this was going to be a GMK set first. It just cost as much as a legended GMK set, so 3x as much as it ended up being.

So, if you can find 150+ people willing to pay $150 for blanks, gimme a call.

I like DCS. I've been thinking of running a DCS GB for like two years now. I was thinking of doing greypunk in DCS for a while.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 01:16:26 »
I like DCS. I've been thinking of running a DCS GB for like two years now. I was thinking of doing greypunk in DCS for a while.

Wish we could have DCS Rebel 2.1 back.

Red numrow :kreygasm:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 01:31:52 »
Has anyone ever tried to work with Tai Hao?  Just curious. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 02:56:27 »
Has anyone ever tried to work with Tai Hao?  Just curious.

I'd thought about trying to find their rep, but their compat doesn't really get the gears going like JTK and GMK.

Offline tiydal

Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 95% SHIPPED, RR SOON]
« Reply #368 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 07:53:33 »
Good news, bad news.

Bad news first.

Show Image

My suspicion was correct, the Yolch alphas are a shade or two lighter than GMK dolch sets. I just want people waiting for extras to be aware of that.

I was told that the colors were dead on with the naked eye by ZF, evidently something changed between sampling and production. It's not aggressively bad like some other recent GBs that aren't worth naming, but it is noticeable next to GMK Dolch sets and I can understand if some people are peeved by this.

I'll have some better pictures for you tomorrow, the person who sent them to me went to bed after. I asked for comparison pics from him, so it wasn't an angry email.

Now for the good news:

(Attachment Link)

Each key has to be sorted one at a time. But it's happening.

Just got a set from mm, i actually like the grey shade more. Lovely set, might try pick up another when extras are out.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #369 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 09:11:35 »

Wow. Had no idea. That's... kind of blown my mind a little bit. So these are technically still doubleshot.

Cool.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 10:58:10 »

Wow. Had no idea. That's... kind of blown my mind a little bit. So these are technically still doubleshot.

Cool.

Double shot red on red.
I think you just beat "GMK Set (SA)" to the punch.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90505.0

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 10:59:18 »

Cool.

Double shot red on red.
I think you just beat "GMK Set (SA)" to the punch.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90505.0

i knew i was a living meme but this is a whole new level

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 23:42:22 »

custom one off deskmat incoming  :-X

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #373 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 01:39:19 »
wtb Red Riot desk pad

its just red.

doubleshot red.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #374 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 01:41:46 »
wtb Red Riot desk pad

its just red.

doubleshot red.

i can't belive i hadn't thought of this

Offline Rogue_Jellybean

« Reply #375 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 03:04:22 »
Show Image

custom one off deskmat incoming  :-X

I was thinking doing something geometric for Red Riot, with silver accents. To go with a Silver Niu Mini.

Yours is almost marble-like.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 20:34:42 »
Sorry if I'm ruining the joke, but is RR going to be an actual blank set, or is it going to be doubleshot red-on-red?

Offline fireworm

« Reply #377 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 21:15:25 »
Sorry if I'm ruining the joke, but is RR going to be an actual blank set, or is it going to be doubleshot red-on-red?
Jtk said told puddsy it was 'blank' but ended up just doing double shot red on red (or at least on a few keys, which are being replaced), to everyone's surprise.

Probably as a result, they said they won't ever do a blank set again.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #378 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 23:48:17 »
Jtk said told puddsy it was 'blank' but ended up just doing double shot red on red (or at least on a few keys, which are being replaced), to everyone's surprise.

Probably as a result, they said they won't ever do a blank set again.

dead on

i'm pretty sure it's because of how their tooling works, but as far as i can tell it's doubleshot with the same color plastic for the legend and the keycap

they have a very odd tooling setup from what i can glean

they don't want to do another blank set because the sets are being sorted by hand, which, with blanks that have no profile labels, needs to be done by eye, one keycap at a time

which worries me slightly, but we'll see when the end product ships out

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #379 on: Sun, 23 December 2018, 04:39:23 »
they don't want to do another blank set because the sets are being sorted by hand, which, with blanks that have no profile labels, needs to be done by eye, one keycap at a time

This worries me.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #380 on: Sun, 23 December 2018, 10:53:54 »

This worries me.

I trust Buddha but I'm gonna see if I can get a little QC done before they ship just in case. I suspect that it's taking so long so that he can get the profiles correct.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #381 on: Sun, 23 December 2018, 13:54:54 »

This worries me.

I trust Buddha but I'm gonna see if I can get a little QC done before they ship just in case. I suspect that it's taking so long so that he can get the profiles correct.

I support this, even if it delays shipment.

Offline kimwonsik

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 19:41:45 »

Do you have any plans for a Yolch Preorder?

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #383 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 21:58:00 »
There goes my hopes for a good-to-great quality blank black ABS cherry profile set at some point in the future...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #384 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 10:53:07 »

There's not really a point to it, there are so many extras that I don't think anyone will have an issue.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #385 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 11:08:07 »

There's not really a point to it, there are so many extras that I don't think anyone will have an issue.

Good! Because I just snatched up Serika Microns to use with as modifiers to go with this set. What's the expected price?
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 January 2019, 11:30:28 by nasp »

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #386 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 11:23:53 »
Love the way this set came out, it fit into my m69a build just the way I hoped! Thanks again Puddsy and Krel
Show Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wow, really great pairing  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #387 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 14:49:14 »

Good! Because I just snatched up Serika Microns to use with as modifiers to go with this set. What's the expected price?

No idea, probably around GB price

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #388 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 15:03:28 »
Any updates available?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #389 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 15:18:54 »
Any updates available?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

small mix up in shipping with the EU proxy so they haven't received anything yet, working to get that sorted

no news on rr, i assume sorting has resumed but waiting for confirmation, hard to get a clear answer

Offline kokoon

« Reply #390 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 22:26:10 »
Please do tell a bit more about the eu proxy mixup, caps-unlocked isn't answering my emails so I'm in the dark - when can I expect to get my yolch?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #391 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 02:56:15 »
Please do tell a bit more about the eu proxy mixup, caps-unlocked isn't answering my emails so I'm in the dark - when can I expect to get my yolch?

He still hasn't received anything and I haven't heard from zf about it.

Offline patchythepirate2

« Reply #392 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 20:42:01 »
Are the same stores who are doing the groupbuy gonna be selling any extras? That Yolch looks amazing.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #393 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 20:45:16 »
Are the same stores who are doing the groupbuy gonna be selling any extras? That Yolch looks amazing.

ZF should have both, Switchmod will have RR
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 January 2019, 23:37:05 by Puddsy »

Offline patchythepirate2

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 02:56:41 »

Will ZF ship to the US?
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 January 2019, 18:35:13 by patchythepirate2 »

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 19:49:37 »

Will ZF ship to the US?

Yeah.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 21:34:13 »

Will ZF ship to the US?

Yeah.

They'll have it on their English site

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #397 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 02:57:15 »
Been asking for updates fairly consistently and haven't heard anything. Hoping no news is good news.

This includes the EU shipping kerfuffle.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2019, 02:58:50 by Puddsy »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #398 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 22:40:50 »
What kind of group buy is this?  No word from the manufacturer and we get updates?  Aren’t you supposed to just go MIA for 3 months and then come back and apologize for not having the time to update us? And then repeat that at least two more times?

Anywho, my canoe couldn’t wait for RR so it got Yolched. I have no doubts that it will be red on red double shot soon.

210536-0

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #399 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 22:43:24 »
What kind of group buy is this?  No word from the manufacturer and we get updates?  Aren’t you supposed to just go MIA for 3 months and then come back and apologize for not having the time to update us? And then repeat that at least two more times?

Anywho, my canoe couldn’t wait for RR so it got Yolched. I have no doubts that it will be red on red double shot soon.

(Attachment Link)

He has a large post count for good reason :P

Just kidding, hope Red Riot comes soon.