Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 276242 times)

Offline Brammm87

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #1200 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 05:08:56 »
Also can't find any rubber feet bumpons in the package, but maybe zFrontier delivers without them? My Leaf80 from zF was also sent without. I've not been in that many keyboard GB's so I don't know if it's standard procedure to source them by oneself. In any case I have a few that probably fits.

I didn't find any feet at first either, but they were somewhat tucked away inside the carrying case. I think I got two sets as well, if you're in the EU, I can ship you a set if you want.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1201 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 13:52:38 »
What would be the easiest way to get a new plate that fits the kira?
pls gief bbv2

Offline sroop

« Reply #1202 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 14:06:48 »

I think the plate files are in this thread somewhere - could make your own if that's the case.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1203 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 15:00:23 »

I think the plate files are in this thread somewhere - could make your own if that's the case.
You are correct, found them. Thanks!
pls gief bbv2

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #1204 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 15:07:13 »
Also can't find any rubber feet bumpons in the package, but maybe zFrontier delivers without them? My Leaf80 from zF was also sent without. I've not been in that many keyboard GB's so I don't know if it's standard procedure to source them by oneself. In any case I have a few that probably fits.

I didn't find any feet at first either, but they were somewhat tucked away inside the carrying case. I think I got two sets as well, if you're in the EU, I can ship you a set if you want.

Thanks Brammm!

I haven't put the kit fully together yet, but as soon as I know if my alternative bumpons fit I'll let you know. In Norway & Sweden :)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1205 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 18:20:35 »
The bumpon indentations at the bottom are measured for 3M SJ5302 bumpons, for anyone who is missing theirs.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1206 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 07:40:03 »
The bumpon indentations at the bottom are measured for 3M SJ5302 bumpons, for anyone who is missing theirs.
I did notice that the bumpons included (at least in my package) are smaller than the provided indentation.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #1207 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 16:36:25 »
Samsung S7 photos with bad lighting, but just want to show it off to you guys. Poseidon Blue and Red Samurai kinda works if you ask me. Eventually want to put GMK Nautilus Nightmares on it I think.

Edit: Uhmm not sure why the photos wont show from imgur. Links down below.

https://imgur.com/OCs5LMf
https://imgur.com/d3zMGPE
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 October 2019, 16:38:11 by Bubblegum »

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #1208 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 22:52:37 »
hmm, nothing here either, ill have to send them a message

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #1209 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 01:51:41 »
hmm, nothing here either, ill have to send them a message
I sent them a message last week, still no sign of invoice or reply.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1210 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 11:27:36 »
Alex informed me he will be done with shipping tomorrow, less than 5 left to pack and ship out. Unfortunately there are a few kits with defects he can't ship out, and he'll offer either a different color or a refund. I apologize for this bit of bad news.

On a related note, he has numpads but these will take time to organize. The numpad kits were shipped in individual boxes, without color labels and without plates included with the kits so organizing these will take longer (have to open each box to confirm color, then pair each kit with plates), and he has other projects to fulfill and attend to.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1211 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 12:56:43 »
Alex informed me he will be done with shipping tomorrow, less than 5 left to pack and ship out. Unfortunately there are a few kits with defects he can't ship out, and he'll offer either a different color or a refund. I apologize for this bit of bad news.

On a related note, he has numpads but these will take time to organize. The numpad kits were shipped in individual boxes, without color labels and without plates included with the kits so organizing these will take longer (have to open each box to confirm color, then pair each kit with plates), and he has other projects to fulfill and attend to.

Wait, the only options are a different color or a refund? That's so disappointing, insulting even.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1212 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 13:52:01 »

Wait, the only options are a different color or a refund? That's so disappointing, insulting even.

You know been watching this thread and get over it damn. I was part of a failed buy and I ended up losing most my money. I wasn't given any options other then a half product and no extra's I ordered. Instead of complaining be happy your getting anything. Before you spout I paid for it, its a group buy assume your going to get shafted. Then be happy if you don't. That is the way the community and group buys work. While fair majority go well. There also equal number that fall to crap and people lose there money. Don't want the risk don't gamble thats what these group buys are gambling. Sorry for the rent but damn people need to get there expectations straight stop whining when things don't go there way.

Offline sroop

« Reply #1213 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 14:04:05 »

You know been watching this thread and get over it damn. I was part of a failed buy and I ended up losing most my money. I wasn't given any options other then a half product and no extra's I ordered. Instead of complaining be happy your getting anything. Before you spout I paid for it, its a group buy assume your going to get shafted. Then be happy if you don't. That is the way the community and group buys work. While fair majority go well. There also equal number that fall to crap and people lose there money. Don't want the risk don't gamble thats what these group buys are gambling. Sorry for the rent but damn people need to get there expectations straight stop whining when things don't go there way.
Sorry you got screwed over but that shouldn't negate someone else's negative experience.

Like going to a restaurant, telling other patrons that they shouldn't complain about cold food because they had food poisoning from the burger joint across the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1214 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 15:13:37 »

It's also a completely different thing when you're entering a GB with an established vendor vs someone who's entirely new.

Sorry you got screwed over but that shouldn't negate someone else's negative experience.

Like going to a restaurant, telling other patrons that they shouldn't complain about cold food because they had food poisoning from the burger joint across the street.

pls gief bbv2

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1215 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 16:03:06 »

I've been in a bunch of GB's before and my experiences were never this bad. I guess the way we are viewing this are just skewed by the differences in our past experiences and expectations with GB's as a result. I have come to expect delays but never delays with radio silence and 0 correspondence, much less a scam. By offering a refund, they would have essentially taken my money, strung me along until the very end where they then proceeded to **** up on production, even with all the delays and then given me back what I paid which actually translate to less than what I paid due to inflation and opportunity cost. If that's not insulting, I don't know what is. For that reason, I'd rather take the color change but that still sucks since it's not what I paid for. I don't think I can really "get over it" in that regards.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1216 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 17:04:15 »

I've been in a bunch of GB's before and my experiences were never this bad. I guess the way we are viewing this are just skewed by the differences in our past experiences and expectations with GB's as a result. I have come to expect delays but never delays with radio silence and 0 correspondence, much less a scam. By offering a refund, they would have essentially taken my money, strung me along until the very end where they then proceeded to **** up on production, even with all the delays and then given me back what I paid which actually translate to less than what I paid due to inflation and opportunity cost. If that's not insulting, I don't know what is. For that reason, I'd rather take the color change but that still sucks since it's not what I paid for. I don't think I can really "get over it" in that regards.

Who care's if you been in one group buy or 1000 there that risk that you will get screwed and lose the money. The chances of getting screwed are most likely 75/25. Count your self lucky that it didn't happen before now. Also with that sorta attitude might as well leave the hobby. I go into every group buy knowing there a good chance never going to see a product. That there will be radio silence and that there might be issues with the product. Doesn't make me happy but it is what it is.

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #1217 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 17:24:26 »
While fair majority go well. There also equal number that fall to crap and people lose there money.
[...]
The chances of getting screwed are most likely 75/25.

So you've gone from saying the majority of GBs go well, to saying that only half go well, to saying that only 1/4 go well... all in a matter of hours. What?

Just let the man be upset. He's well within his rights and you're just making yourself look like an ass.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1218 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 18:14:01 »
While fair majority go well. There also equal number that fall to crap and people lose there money.
[...]
The chances of getting screwed are most likely 75/25.

So you've gone from saying the majority of GBs go well, to saying that only half go well, to saying that only 1/4 go well... all in a matter of hours. What?

Just let the man be upset. He's well within his rights and you're just making yourself look like an ass.
Not that it matters cause people will think what they want.. didn't say half but yes majority of group buys go well. and about 25% do fail.. I say thats still majority. I never quoted half thought honestly half of them have issues the Person I quoted had. What ever found some people are just toxic and just want to complain with out weighting risk of joining a group buy yea its a risk reward situation.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1219 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 21:14:22 »
I understand the disappointment, and to feel insulted is not surprising. I am not sure how else zFrontier can make it up for you, I do know they've lost a lot of money and reputation on this buy and I'm not saying this for sympathy but to clarify that they can't really offer a lot more. I don't want to point fingers and lay blame, big or small zF, EVE and I made mistakes and I sincerely apologize.

I can't promise everyone will be satisfied, I think the best we can hope for is people to get back what they paid for, be it as a kit (even if a different color) or as a refund.

Offline proboy84

« Reply #1220 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 00:13:03 »
Damn, paid a shipping invoice since March and now refund???

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #1221 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 02:10:48 »
Would be nice if Alex could let us know which of us aren't getting our kits. At this point I'd rather get a kit than just a refund.

edit: got shipping invoice, though no response from Alex
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 November 2019, 17:44:47 by kokugatsu »

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1222 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 22:59:05 »
Got some extra bumpons from a local store for my Leaf80. Pretty sure they will fit here also! Thanks though @forevermadrigal

Anyone else got a problem with their brass plate? My GMK Screw-in stab won't fit in the right side cutout for 6.25u space. The cutout is not big enough.
I have an extra aluminium plate in my order. There it is a tight fit, but it is doable. Just a bit annoying because I wanted to use the brass plate for this build. I guess it's possible to file the plate down a few mm though :)

Show Image
Show Image

Just got a chance to check mine and my brass plate is the same way, its a hair too small. I also picked up an alum and a polycarb plate and I can say that the issue is also present in the polycarb plate but not the aluminum one. I can actually jam the stab housing in there but it bends a little. I will probably file it down a little rather then deal with ZF ever again.

Other issues were wrong length hardware and wrong type of hardware. The screws for the plate are sink hardware and should be truss head and are too long. The weight hardware was too short to secure my weight. The only ones i didnt have to replace are the actual case screws that are fixed thru the bottom. Also shipped with the wrong size bumpon.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1223 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 17:15:54 »
Got some extra bumpons from a local store for my Leaf80. Pretty sure they will fit here also! Thanks though @forevermadrigal

Anyone else got a problem with their brass plate? My GMK Screw-in stab won't fit in the right side cutout for 6.25u space. The cutout is not big enough.
I have an extra aluminium plate in my order. There it is a tight fit, but it is doable. Just a bit annoying because I wanted to use the brass plate for this build. I guess it's possible to file the plate down a few mm though :)

Show Image
Show Image

Just got a chance to check mine and my brass plate is the same way, its a hair too small. I also picked up an alum and a polycarb plate and I can say that the issue is also present in the polycarb plate but not the aluminum one. I can actually jam the stab housing in there but it bends a little. I will probably file it down a little rather then deal with ZF ever again.

Other issues were wrong length hardware and wrong type of hardware. The screws for the plate are sink hardware and should be truss head and are too long. The weight hardware was too short to secure my weight. The only ones i didnt have to replace are the actual case screws that are fixed thru the bottom. Also shipped with the wrong size bumpon.

I've seen it mentioned that newer stab tooling made them a bit thicker, so the newer stabs hardly fit through the cutouts. It was something I didn't expect, I've since changed the cutouts for later plates. As for the scews, I'm not sure why this has happened, EVE has shipped KIRA80s before with correct screws.

For those who need them, screws are all M3.

• 8 pcs. M3*8 or M3*10 flathead/countersunk for bottom to top
  • 8 pcs. M3*5 sockethead or cap head for plate
  • 4 pcs. M3*5 flathead/countersunk for weight

Bumpons are 3M SJ5302 or other 8mm diameter ones.

Offline shansoft

« Reply #1224 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 18:03:21 »

Show Image
Show Image

I've seen it mentioned that newer stab tooling made them a bit thicker, so the newer stabs hardly fit through the cutouts. It was something I didn't expect, I've since changed the cutouts for later plates. As for the scews, I'm not sure why this has happened, EVE has shipped KIRA80s before with correct screws.

Bumpons are 3M SJ5302 or other 8mm diameter ones.

Is there an updated plate file for this?  :D

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1225 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 10:43:13 »

thesiscamper, i just wanted to say that the board itself is really nice and the anno from eve is nice and even. The way that ZF handled the GB was pretty bad but the end product is very nice. I wish it would have gone smoother. Overall a great board.

One little thing is that im assuming that you are basing the hardware lengths on your initial design, a couple things that I can tell you from having 2 kits in my hands is that the weight hardware length will probably need to be tested on a case to case basis because in one of the kits that I received, the weight hardware fit but on the other one it didnt and required longer hardware. That means that the weights are not all the same. Not a huge issue but still present.

Also if you are calling for sink hardware for the case screws then that was wrong from eve also, as all the 8mm hardware that was shipped to me is all sockethead hardware. I will swap those out also.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1226 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 13:14:09 »
Anyone know why Bootmapper client wouldn't recognize the board on OS X but does on Windows?
pls gief bbv2

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1227 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 19:48:25 »

thesiscamper, i just wanted to say that the board itself is really nice and the anno from eve is nice and even. The way that ZF handled the GB was pretty bad but the end product is very nice. I wish it would have gone smoother. Overall a great board.

One little thing is that im assuming that you are basing the hardware lengths on your initial design, a couple things that I can tell you from having 2 kits in my hands is that the weight hardware length will probably need to be tested on a case to case basis because in one of the kits that I received, the weight hardware fit but on the other one it didnt and required longer hardware. That means that the weights are not all the same. Not a huge issue but still present.

Also if you are calling for sink hardware for the case screws then that was wrong from eve also, as all the 8mm hardware that was shipped to me is all sockethead hardware. I will swap those out also.

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. To be clear, I opened the CAD files to make sure I gave the correct measurements, and I always add at least 1mm to the depth just to be safe. EVE does change some things, and I won't be surprised if the kits have different depths for the holes. Socketheads with shallow heads should work, but the kits are designed for flathead screws.

As for OSX bootmapper, I can't be of any help since I only have Windows machines.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #1228 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 16:37:37 »
Got my priority board today! looks wonderful in blue, i also got an acrylic plate that i dont remember ordering but its so nice. Glad to have this finally,

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1229 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 11:32:55 »
Still haven't gotten an email or an invoice for shipping. Is something up? I thought all these were supposed to be shipping out.

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #1230 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 12:27:50 »
Got shipping invoice on the 4th, though I did ask them to check the contents before shipping out so I haven't received tracking yet.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1231 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 10:43:50 »
Is anyone able to get in contact with zfrontier/Alex regarding the shipment of these boards? I'm getting 0 correspondence.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1232 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 17:32:14 »
Is anyone able to get in contact with zfrontier/Alex regarding the shipment of these boards? I'm getting 0 correspondence.

I asked for an update last night and I'm waiting for a reply, I will give you an update when I know more.

Offline shansoft

« Reply #1233 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 05:48:49 »
Anyone have default firmware / bootmapper ? Somehow my Pause is now Esc, and Esc is 1....

The entire mapping is off, and Bootmapper doesn't even recognize it properly, had to use HIDBOOT to flash and still no luck with proper mapping.

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #1234 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 06:56:58 »

I asked for an update last night and I'm waiting for a reply, I will give you an update when I know more.

Thanks, appreciate your effort. It's been 3 weeks since I paid my shipping invoice and there's still no sign of the kit :v

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1235 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 21:09:39 »

Thanks, appreciate your effort. It's been 3 weeks since I paid my shipping invoice and there's still no sign of the kit :v

Hi, I just got an update from Alex. He said he will check and that some invoices are still not paid, they may have been filtered so if anyone is still waiting for an invoice please check your spam folders. He also said if anyone paid the shipping invoice using a different email he might have missed it.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #1236 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 01:26:04 »
Yea, Alex contacted me regarding shipping a few weeks ago. Had to postpone a bit due to being on holidays but I got a prompt answer from him.
Shipping is paid now though :)

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1237 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 07:27:28 »

Yea, Alex contacted me regarding shipping a few weeks ago. Had to postpone a bit due to being on holidays but I got a prompt answer from him.
Shipping is paid now though :)

If you're fine with sharing can you PM me your order details so I can forward it to Alex?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #1238 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 05:30:22 »
There are still 5 unpaid shipping invoices according to Alex. He will just wait for these buyers to pay them.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #1239 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 05:41:20 »
Got mine yesterday.
Looking forward to building it

Offline Abstand

« Reply #1240 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 19:17:57 »
So, an ISO plate file was posted earlier in the thread. Is there an ANSI plate file that can be shared as well? Unless the ISO plate supports ANSI? I am not exactly sure.

I need to order another plate for this but am unsure if the ISO plate file will support an ANSI layout.

Offline shansoft

« Reply #1241 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 02:54:10 »
So, an ISO plate file was posted earlier in the thread. Is there an ANSI plate file that can be shared as well? Unless the ISO plate supports ANSI? I am not exactly sure.

I need to order another plate for this but am unsure if the ISO plate file will support an ANSI layout.

It's for both.

Offline Abstand

« Reply #1242 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 05:44:13 »

It's for both.

Not all heroes wear capes, thank you!

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #1243 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 09:45:39 »
Hope everyone got their boards by now. Very happy with mine.

Thesiscamper, any chance you'll be running the numpads again?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1244 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 10:30:21 »
I want r2 :-[

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1245 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 13:25:44 »
If anyone here has the plate file, could you please send it to me or post it here?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1246 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 14:26:08 »
If anyone here has the plate file, could you please send it to me or post it here?

if it's orion/janev1/27 plate i have it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sroop

« Reply #1247 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 15:10:50 »
It's in the thread somewhere, unless beaming deleted it.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #1248 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 17:07:40 »

I've been skimming through the pages and could not find it, hopefully it's not deleted.

Offline proboy84

« Reply #1249 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 23:02:26 »

I've been skimming through the pages and could not find it, hopefully it's not deleted.

I think I got it on my pc.

Let me check, will let you know..