Author Topic: Welcome from VT USA  (Read 969 times)

Offline BYTEME

Welcome from VT USA
« on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 14:02:06 »
Stumbled on your forum whilst Googling around vintage tech & keyboards...  It continues to amaze me that just when you think you are the only geek into something as esoteric as vintage keyboards, there are others who share the same passion ;-)

Grew up playing on a Univac punch card station at dad's office who worked at an insurance company in NYC in the early 70's.  Built my first 'computer' soldering together a Sinclair ZX-81 kit via mail order, then progressed to a Commodore VIC-20 then C64, while playing on PETs in school.  Ironic that those early home computers had better feeling keyboards than what is provided with the majority of pc's today (that's really sad).

Anyway, cool to see that others appreciate many of the things I thought for sure was just a funky personality quirk lol.  Love the info & pics shared here - lots of reading ahead of me.  I do IT, programming and CAD work for a medium sized company in VT, and enjoy electronic / ucontroller projects in my spare time.  Being a 'blinkenlights'  guy, I just added a Logitech G513 to my roster (mixed feelings - I'll post my take on that in the review forum), but my daily driver at home is an iKBC CD108 with Cherry MX Browns.  My work setup sports a Unicomp 101 Classic in black.

See y'all around ;-)

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
Re: Welcome from VT USA
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 20:23:01 »
Hi~ :))