Author Topic: Truly Ergonomic Communication - 1 March 2011  (Read 11669 times)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Truly Ergonomic Communication - 1 March 2011
« on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 02:48:43 »
Here is the latest:

We at Truly Ergonomic hope your February was a wonderful and healthy month.

This brief email is to provide you with an update during our pre-production phase.

We are pleased to let you know that we are expecting delivery of pre-production models in a couple of weeks. Once we receive them, we plan to capture a complete set of images, which we will upload to our website to allow you to review them at your leisure. We will also create a simple video to demonstrate the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard's design and to contrast the major advantages it offers with the features of conventional keyboards and other ergonomic keyboards.

We offer our gratitude once again for your patience and support, and thank you once more for pre-ordering your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard. We will contact you again in a couple of weeks when we have more specific information regarding the images and videos, or when we have a more accurate delivery date for your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard.

Please send us an email should you have any questions, suggestions, or require additional information.

Regards,
The Truly Ergonomic team

Offline Lanx

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 04:57:18 »
hopefully they deliver and the majority of us naysayers will eat our words.

Offline appie747

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 07:08:13 »
Quote from: Lanx;302632
hopefully they deliver and the majority of us naysayers will eat our words.

Infidels!!!!
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline Keymonger

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 08:42:54 »
fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally

Offline iMav

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 08:44:32 »
Quote from: Keymonger;302706
fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally
Well, let's wait till we actually SEE the pics and video.

Offline BartVB

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 09:56:15 »
Good news and smart of them to mail an update, they should post that stuff on their 'Blog' section of the site :D

On the negative side; this does sound as yet another delay. The first batch was supposed to be delivered end of march, now the pre-production models are bound to arrive end of march?

Oh well, I'm going to order one and see what happens. This board does seem to almost perfect. Split layout, mechanical keys, matrix layout, often used keys in easy to reach places. Love it!

Offline neo

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 13:30:54 »
There was a guy here recently inquiring in great detail why do we think Truly Ergonomic is a sham. The answer he got is the complete lack of real pictures. I see he got the message.

Remember: only the paranoid will survive.

Offline rantenki

• http://armyofevilrobots.com/
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 13:35:55 »
Maybe they are just going to spend a couple of weeks learning renderman?

If these are pre-production, and production is only going to begin once these are approved, then it is likely going to take a lot more than another month for production hardware.

Offline neo

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 14:56:30 »
I still think it's a sham. How do you explain this guy repeatedly promising shipment next month without having a prototype to show? It means he was knowingly lying every time.

And paranoid never buy any warranties. They don't trust them to be honored.

Offline BartVB

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 04:10:30 »
Aren't these photo's of prototypes?

http://www.trulyergonomic.com/aboutus.html

Offline neo

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 14:52:10 »
Prototypes of what? Humans with semi-transparent bodies?

Offline Arcanius

• Buckling Spring Lover
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 15:14:37 »
neo, please.
You never know, maybe they took two photos, one with hands and one without, then used photoshop. It takes 10 seconds to make something like that.
However, I'm also curious where these photos are from, and if they're real. They sure don't look too fake. The shadows seem to line up well, look at the cable's shadow not having the little stress reliever on it, because the shadow goes off to the right side of the image, as does the shadow made by the corner of the keyboard where the escape key is.
What's curious is the shadow made at the left edge of the number keys, where the shadow angle seems to be inconsistent with the shadow made by the keyboard itself.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 March 2011, 19:15:11 by Arcanius »

Offline Rally Man

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 09:05:40 »
It looks like the first four pictures aren't renders anymore.  I do hope they are legit.
INPUT GEAR
Work: Logitech MX Revolution |
Filco "Hulk" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Home: Razer Imperator | Filco "Doraemon" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Want:  3DConnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise | Logitech MX Master

Offline Arcanius

• Buckling Spring Lover
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 09:17:08 »
The prototype they have isn't identical to what the mockups showed. No backspace between spacebars, and CTRL and ALT are beside eachother as opposed to on top of eachother. The symbol keys have also been moved around a bit.
Although they do say it's a prototype of an earlier model, I wonder why they didn't post pictures of this prototype earlier.

Offline Keymonger

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 10:02:26 »
There were two pics of that prototype, now there's two more, but some people thought they were renders.

Offline elbowglue

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 18:01:12 »
I love the testimonials too:

from the website:
TESTIMONIALS

Conventional and other ergonomic keyboards are a groundbreaking innovation in the field of obsolescence.

This keyboard can make typing a real pleasure instead of a nightmare.

Amazing that smart changes can improve the overall use of a business tool this much.

The most ergonomically correct keyboard made to date.

An ergonomic keyboard you didn't know you wanted.

This is now the coolest keyboard ever.

Death to 1860s typewriter keyboards. Long live new truly ergonomic keyboard.

Using a computer keyboard 8 hours a day? Better be truly ergonomic.

Today is a good day to pre-order your truly ergonomic keyboard and become healthier.

My testimonial?  My genital warts were cured when I saw the model for this keyboard!  Imagine what testimonials I can give when I actually touch said keyboard!
My keyboards: Filco Cherry Blue Tenkeyless(daily home), Compaq MX11800 (modded to blacks), Compaq "MX 84u",  Wellington\'s Dampened Endurapro, Pinkalicious Filco Blue Cherry, Chicony KB-5191, Chicony KB-5181, Desko MOS 5023 UP "elbowglue" spos (modded to blues), Siig Minitouch (monterey blue), SMK-88 (blue cherries), Ricercar SPOS
Smallest to biggest keyboards in inches (Length X Height) - Length is most important for a midline mouse position

KBC Poker: 11.6 x 3.9 - HHKB: 11.6 x 4.3 - Siig Minitouch (Geekhack Space Saver): 11.6 x 6 - Deck/Tg3 82: 12 x 6 - Noppoo Choc Mini 12.4 x 5.3 - Compaq "MX 84u": 13.1 x 7.5 - Filco Tenkeyless: 14 x 5.3 - Cherry "ricercar spos" G86-62410EUAGSA: 14 x 7.75 - Topre Realforce 86u: 14.4 x 6.65 - Desko "elbowglue spos" MOS 5023 UP: 14.5 x 8.4 - IBM Model M Spacesaver: 15.3 x 7 - G80-1800: 15.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-125B: 16 x 7.3 - Compaq Mx11800, Cherry G80-11900: 16.25 x 7.5 - Filco Standard: 17.3 x 5.4 - Unicomp Endurapro: 17.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-135B: 18.3 x 6.0 - Cherry G80-3000: 18.5 x 7.6 - IBM Model M, Unicomp Customizer: 19.3 x 8.27

Offline lootbag

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 09:23:18 »
I really hope trulyergonomic will deliver.
Definitely in the market to try an ergo keyboard.

Offline Chojo31

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 12:16:29 »
Quote from: lootbag;305487
I really hope trulyergonomic will deliver.
Definitely in the market to try an ergo keyboard.

That I was thinking. Will definitely try it and will be my first ergo keyboard.

Lets hope!
Keyboards: HP Wireless elite, Realforce 86U White
Its in the mail: Nothing sadly :(

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 12:23:00 »
is this company on some pink sheet stock list ?
I <3 BS

Offline Jim66

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 06 March 2011, 06:10:28 »
I wonder if Mr/Mrs. Truleyergonomic is a GH member?

Offline Jim66

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 06 March 2011, 06:34:04 »
P.s., I hope that trulyergonomic do come through in the end.. Although I have to say I'm a little bit sceptical.

Offline cypherslock

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 10:36:30 »
Frankly, I'd buy something that's proven and already in the marketplace as opposed to waiting for a "pie in the sky." Look at smartfish. Kinesis. Whatever you do though, don't look at price as the deciding factor. Decide what will be more useful and comfortable long term. And the pull the trigger.

Offline nesiax

• key64 libre keyboard
You're right, Leopold at U$ 99 Pre-order.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 12:58:48 »
I am impressive, i decided to go for a noppoo choc mini after the truly ergonomic failure to deliver on january, however i must confess that Filco was my first option but being this keyboard discontinued from elitekeyboards.com website i went for the noppoo keyboard instead, anyway competition is good for the consumer and at this price really makes the leopold one of the best options arround.
now: key64.org with cherry blue keys and dsa keys |  before: noppoo choc mini with cherry brown keys
Check out the key64.org project , A Libre * Design, Minimalist, Ergonomic, Splittable, Symmetric, Compact 64 Keys, Eco-Friendly, Durable, Native Colemak Keyboard, Embedded Mouse and Firmware Programmable USB Keyboard.  * Free as in Freedom.
The key64 need a case, if you want to design it please contact us

Offline BartVB

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 01:44:41 »
Looks like there has been a change to the TrulyErgonomic.com wegsite. The FAQ page used to say that preorders on or before feb 28th will be delivered at the end of march, that paragraph has been deleted and the section now only reads:

When are pre-orders expected to be delivered?

Pre-orders made on or after March 2011 have a delivery date estimated for May 2011. Delivery of these pre-orders could be sooner depending on model inventory availability.

Pre-orders allow us to cost-effectively manufacture a precise quantity of each keyboard model, reducing overall production and inventory costs, and guaranteeing the manufacturing of required models.

I guessing that this means that there is another delay :\

Offline Arcanius

• Buckling Spring Lover
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 11:25:37 »
With this regard, this thread's currents turn awry, and lose the name of action. Soft you now, the fair Geekhacker! Trust not in thy company. Be all their sins remembered.
Yeah, that was pretty bad. I know.
Okay, I've stopped believing that TE is for real.

Offline colbabe

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 14:41:09 »
So I'm just reading your post.  Can I still pre-order?  What is the cost?  Can you tell me about type of key switch, would I have a choice in switch, such as cherry blue, brown?

From what I've read sounds pretty cool.

Please let me know.

Thank you ....

Colbabe

Offline colbabe

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 14:50:03 »
Definitely would be nice to get "hands-on" this keyboard ... but that's impossible on most.  I do like, however, the layout over others.  From its look overall I can seen the sense behind its design.

I wish on prototypes would be made available so that all of us could try before we bought, we'd still buy more than we wanted no doubt!

Col

Offline Tracer

Whois Information has changed
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 22 March 2011, 18:05:43 »
So before, the Whois record stated some fake address in Vancouver. Now it's a whois masking service
http://www.active-domain.com/whois-proof.htm

I emailed Truly Ergonomic about their promise of actual prototype photos over a week ago and gotten no response.

Offline Keymonger

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 22 March 2011, 18:38:56 »
Aaargghh!! I was hoping this thread wouldn't get bumped until we got news. The wait is killing me.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 23 March 2011, 08:16:19 »
Quote from: Tracer;316299
So before, the Whois record stated some fake address in Vancouver. Now it's a whois masking service
http://www.active-domain.com/whois-proof.htm

I emailed Truly Ergonomic about their promise of actual prototype photos over a week ago and gotten no response.

earlier in this thread somewhere, someone got a response from TE that said they were gonna mask their WHOIS soon cuz of all the domain lookups.
It doesn't excuse what they're doing, just stating that they tried to make their intent clear.

Offline nesiax

• key64 libre keyboard
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 30 March 2011, 20:55:36 »
so finally ?
Any of you already received the truly ergonomic keyboard ?
Today is march 30, so what about the truly ergonomic promise ? where are the pictures they said they will be going to publish on their website ? or just another comunication informing about another delay ?
now: key64.org with cherry blue keys and dsa keys |  before: noppoo choc mini with cherry brown keys
Check out the key64.org project , A Libre * Design, Minimalist, Ergonomic, Splittable, Symmetric, Compact 64 Keys, Eco-Friendly, Durable, Native Colemak Keyboard, Embedded Mouse and Firmware Programmable USB Keyboard.  * Free as in Freedom.
The key64 need a case, if you want to design it please contact us

Offline Rally Man

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 30 March 2011, 21:33:04 »
Delay announcement coming up in 1...2...3.......
INPUT GEAR
Work: Logitech MX Revolution |
Filco "Hulk" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Home: Razer Imperator | Filco "Doraemon" Majestouch-2 Tactile Action NKR
Want:  3DConnexion SpaceMouse Enterprise | Logitech MX Master

Offline iMav

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 03:18:15 »
I sent them an email asking about the pre-production models and the promised, high resolution pics.  We'll see what they say.