Author Topic: Cream Cheese and Green with HKP Keycaps?  (Read 3420 times)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
Cream Cheese and Green with HKP Keycaps?
« on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 18:17:24 »
I currently have the Green Cheese and Cream keycap set from Ducky and want some HKP keycaps from Martians last sale. I was wondering how close the color match is and if it would scheme well!

Does anyone know if the colors are close and if they'll work together or have the same exact scheme and wouldn't mind posting pics?

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2015, 18:22:31 by 1swt2gs »
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Cream Cheese and Green with HKP Keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 20:07:02 »
The pic you posted is a bad representation because the Green is really saturated and brighter than it actually is.

Mind the potato pics, I'm lazy right now but you can already see that they're not really a good match.
Top one is from the Christmas sale and then the bottom 2 are from the most recent sale.
There's nothing really that matches the CCnG set from HKP right now.

102644-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2015, 20:09:43 by Evo_Spec »
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 23:04:36 »
The pic you posted is a bad representation because the Green is really saturated and brighter than it actually is.

Mind the potato pics, I'm lazy right now but you can already see that they're not really a good match.
Top one is from the Christmas sale and then the bottom 2 are from the most recent sale.

(Attachment Link)

I should have posted a better picture especially since I have the keycaps... My fault.

I don't have the engraved ones, I have the ones which came off the ducky premier dk9008p cream cheese and green (they should be the exact same color?)

Seems like the raven from the Christmas sale is the closest matching color, the other two are nowhere near close.

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 23:10:22 »

(Attachment Link)

I should have posted a better picture especially since I have the keycaps... My fault.

I don't have the engraved ones, I have the ones which came off the ducky premier dk9008p cream cheese and green (they should be the exact same color?)

Seems like the raven from the Christmas sale is the closest matching color, the other two are nowhere near close.

Yes they're the same color.
It depends on your monitor and the picture white balance and such but i imagine this picture is a better representative of how the colors on our CCnG looks.

Yeah the christmas one is definitely the closest but even that cap is a bit off.
Check out my other pics if you want more (better) examples
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67160.msg1576570#msg1576570
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 23:26:33 »

(Attachment Link)

It depends on your monitor and the picture white balance and such but i imagine this picture is a better representative of how the colors on our CCnG looks.

Show Image

Yeah the christmas one is definitely the closest but even that cap is a bit off.

Just looked through your build and you have some amazing boards!

Would you suggest that I wait it out? I want an artisan to pair with these keycaps but don't know if I'd be happy if they weren't matching at least a little.

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 00:02:52 »

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

Just looked through your build and you have some amazing boards!

Would you suggest that I wait it out? I want an artisan to pair with these keycaps but don't know if I'd be happy if they weren't matching at least a little.

Thanks, a lot of time spent on them but i wish i had lubed these red switches lol

If your budget allows it then you should pick up a Christmas cap and see if you're satisfied with the color, if not then you should be able to at least let it go at around cost and wait for the next sale with a better matching color.
Honestly the Christmas cap isn't that bad but if you're completely set on having it match within at least 90% of the color then i'd say to wait.

The problem is that we have no idea what color Martin is going to release and honestly i'm expecting him to start releasing colors based around blue because he hasn't in almost a year but i honestly have no idea what he's planning, maybe you could politely ask him what colors he's planning on releasing.
Anyways waiting could go one of two ways for wanting to get past caps, either the cap will get rarer and harder to find because people who bought them aren't around as much or it'll get cheaper because someone has gotten bored of the color/cap and wants to let it go.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition