Author Topic: Microsoft prototype split keyboard  (Read 5099 times)

Offline Findecanor

Microsoft prototype split keyboard
« on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 15:13:46 »
I came a across this picture on the web of a supposed prototype of a Microsoft keyboard.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22801[/ATTACH]

Notice that the numeric keypad is separate (it is "tenkeyless"), it has a built-in trackball and it has a matrix layout!
Even though, I am not a fan of matrix layouts, I still think that it is a shame that Microsoft never manufactured it ...

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 21:12:26 »
Interesting the F-key row is WAAAAYYY up north...
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline shrap

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 19:25:53 »
I would probably buy quite a few, they would be rubber dome but only $50.

It seems their Natural line hasn't been drastically improved since the original, which is a shame. I've always had a soft spot for their hardware, since I grew up using their Natural Keyboard and Intellimouse 3.0. And their discontinued Trackball Explorer has its worshippers.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 19:41:30 »
The numpad idea was used on X6
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline dzd

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 13:25:59 »
Wow - I would want to try this too!

Offline Snarfangel

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 February 2012, 13:36:15 »
I would buy one of these. It would be doubly awesome with buckling springs! :typing:

Offline sordna

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 16:06:48 »
Anybody here work for Microsoft? They could pester them about it. Hmm, where's that sidewinder X4 guy?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard