Author Topic: [GB] GreenTea Set - Doubleshot w/ Cherry Legends [Postponed]  (Read 18406 times)

Offline numiru

The GreenTea set is a DCS profile doubleshot ABS keyset. It features Cherry Replica legends on gray and green keycaps.

« Last Edit: Thu, 17 July 2014, 17:15:44 by numiru »
KUL ES-87

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Re: [GB] GreenTea Set - Doubleshot w/ Cherry Legends
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:35:33 »
Very nice set!

Offline numiru

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:46:00 »
KUL ES-87

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:54:14 »
Is f5-f8 going to be green like that

Offline numiru

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:55:20 »
Yeah, the color layout was based off of this
KUL ES-87

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:22:28 »
This is very nice ! :) And really pleasant color combo  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 21:34:28 »
Just wondering, is there a reason to do a separate symmetry lover set and teapot set?  The price of adding the two caps symmetry caps to the originals would be neglible (like $0.50) and the teapots to the Tsangan and other set wouldn't add much to those sets either. 

Offline numiru

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 21:52:00 »
Just wondering, is there a reason to do a separate symmetry lover set and teapot set?  The price of adding the two caps symmetry caps to the originals would be neglible (like $0.50) and the teapots to the Tsangan and other set wouldn't add much to those sets either.
I guess I should have grouped all the extras together. I've already bothered Signature Plastics a lot with revisions, it's too late to do that. Next time I'll keep that in mind.
KUL ES-87

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 22:36:09 »
Yeah, the color layout was based off of this
Show Image

I think it would have been nice if it would have been added in the symmetry set or something. I think that would bug me too much with those keys like that. Nice looking set though.

Offline osi

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 22:54:23 »
Interesting. Will probably snag a num pad at least.

I may have missed it, but I didn't see the tea pot win keys on order page as part of any kits -- halp!!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 03:12:48 »
I agree that the symmetry lover keys should have been added to the base set along with a gray spacebar.

More importantly, however, I believe the shift included in the Tsangan kit should be 1.75x, not 1.5x. That alone is preventing me from ordering this set since I won't be able to fit it to my KBT Pure and anyone else with a 1.75x right shift layout will have the same issue (Cherry 11800, etc.).
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 06:13:28 »
More importantly, however, I believe the shift included in the Tsangan kit should be 1.75x, not 1.5x. That alone is preventing me from ordering this set since I won't be able to fit it to my KBT Pure and anyone else with a 1.75x right shift layout will have the same issue (Cherry 11800, etc.).
I was thinking the same thing, what should I do with a 1.5u SHIFT, never saw a keyboard use one. 1.75u is used normally together with a 1u key (for example in a HHKB style layout, or Pure layout). Maybe is just a typo .

Offline numiru

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 07:03:39 »
Yeah that's supposed to be 1.75x. I'll get it fixed.
KUL ES-87

Offline numiru

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 09:36:51 »
Interesting. Will probably snag a num pad at least.

I may have missed it, but I didn't see the tea pot win keys on order page as part of any kits -- halp!!
Those should be up later today.
KUL ES-87

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 09:49:18 »
The blank caps are making my mouth water haha. I'm not very experienced with different kinds of keycaps, and I was wondering how the thickness/texture of the ABS is compared to ones from WASD. Sorry, that's my only frame of reference.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline numiru

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:13:54 »
The tsangan kits have been updated.
Fixed 1.5x shift to 1.75x
Added teapot winkeys and symmetry lover set to tsangan.
KUL ES-87

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 14:21:47 »
I'm not the biggest fan of SP, but I really like these colors!

Offline numiru

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 21:04:23 »
I'm not the biggest fan of SP, but I really like these colors!
Thank you :)
KUL ES-87

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:15:34 »
The tsangan kits have been updated.
Fixed 1.5x shift to 1.75x
Added teapot winkeys and symmetry lover set to tsangan.

Excellent! Looks like I'll be ordering some green tea :) Base and Tsangan sets.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 02:13:58 »
@numiru: You really need to advertise this GB. I saw a lot key sets that had nothing special, but because the initiators were "famous" and knew how to push the product were a huge success.
I love the color combo, is one of the best looking one in a long time and I'd hate not to tip :( I'm waiting my paycheck to place my order, with the Base and Tsangan I get all I want.
If you don't mind I'll cross link this GB also on DT, maybe this will draw more attention.

The stupid thing is that all PMK GB's a buried in this Vendor sub forum where nobody looks :(

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 03:08:40 »
Ordered! I agree, this set needs some advertising. I don't think it's fair to force PMK group buys into this vendor subforum, while GB's made by other companies all go under the Group Buys section!

Especially considering Pexxon has his 60% case GB in the Group Buys section, even though he also has a vendor subforum...
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 July 2014, 03:18:13 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 03:25:07 »
Yes, and weird thing is that GB's on PMK are not run for profit, there is no participation fee, the initiator of the GB gets a free kit, that is hardly a profit. And you have no way of promoting the GB outside the Vendor sub forum, beside something in the signature, without risking to be accused of thread crapping. I'll try my best to promote this on other kbd forums, this is too nice not to make it, is way nicer than many other sets. It would look wicked cool on a 60%, this color combo inspires pure calm, is discrete and clean.  :thumb: 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 05:51:38 »
Although everyone has bookmarked PMK's GB site, right?

And check it on a daily basis?

To see new GBs and to make sure you don't miss out on any that are close to expiring.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 05:55:17 »
Yet a lot of people miss the GB's. But enough OT :)
Hope people join this GB  :thumb:

Offline numiru

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 08:21:08 »
@numiru: You really need to advertise this GB. I saw a lot key sets that had nothing special, but because the initiators were "famous" and knew how to push the product were a huge success.
I love the color combo, is one of the best looking one in a long time and I'd hate not to tip :( I'm waiting my paycheck to place my order, with the Base and Tsangan I get all I want.
If you don't mind I'll cross link this GB also on DT, maybe this will draw more attention.

The stupid thing is that all PMK GB's a buried in this Vendor sub forum where nobody looks :(

Yes, and weird thing is that GB's on PMK are not run for profit, there is no participation fee, the initiator of the GB gets a free kit, that is hardly a profit. And you have no way of promoting the GB outside the Vendor sub forum, beside something in the signature, without risking to be accused of thread crapping. I'll try my best to promote this on other kbd forums, this is too nice not to make it, is way nicer than many other sets. It would look wicked cool on a 60%, this color combo inspires pure calm, is discrete and clean.  :thumb: 

Yet a lot of people miss the GB's. But enough OT :)
Hope people join this GB  :thumb:

Ordered! I agree, this set needs some advertising. I don't think it's fair to force PMK group buys into this vendor subforum, while GB's made by other companies all go under the Group Buys section!

Especially considering Pexxon has his 60% case GB in the Group Buys section, even though he also has a vendor subforum...

Wow thank you. This means a lot to me! I will definitely advertise this GB some more. I'll make a signature banner thing today.
KUL ES-87

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 08:50:28 »
I have made a topic also on DT maybe it will help :)

Offline numiru

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 09:02:29 »
Thanks! I hope this GB goes through. I think people are being turned away by the price -- it's the same cost as the Midnight set if you get alphas and mods but the Midnight base shows up as $34.
KUL ES-87

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 09:17:19 »
The price is OK, and I can use it on my custom boards only adding Tsangan. In the end is cheaper and the color scheme is just right :)
I am a DSA profile lover but this is a DCS I want to have :thumb:

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 13:19:17 »
Looks great! I'll pass on the DCS profile unfortunately. In the future also consider an off colored function row in the extras.
GLWB! Really liking the color scheme. [and green tea!]

Offline nomaded

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 14:57:14 »
Personally, I wished more of these PMK GBs had ErgoDox options. The last one that I recall was the Galaxy one, and the ErgoDox kit didn't tip. I wasn't really a fan of that set's colors.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 19:53:56 »
Looks great! I'll pass on the DCS profile unfortunately. In the future also consider an off colored function row in the extras.

Exactly as this guy has mentioned, if it was done in SA profile then it'll be more attractive (in my eyes ONLY I suspect  ::) ).  Although the Colour-way is really nice, haven't seen this application of colour for key-sets before, since being here on Geekhack.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 04:34:57 »

Exactly as this guy has mentioned, if it was done in SA profile then it'll be more attractive (in my eyes ONLY I suspect  ::) ).  Although the Colour-way is really nice, haven't seen this application of colour for key-sets before, since being here on Geekhack.

Interesting... I would probably also order this set if it was in SA profile.

If this one doesn't tip, maybe the OP should start an Interest Checks thread for SA profile, but the same colourway. Once some momentum has built up in the IC section, it'll be a LOT easier to sell at least the 25 sets needed to tip.

I may suggest the scheme to Ivan for a GMK GB if the OP doesn't mind. This colourway in proper Cherry profile thick doubleshots..... droool...
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 04:39:44 »
The blank caps are making my mouth water haha. I'm not very experienced with different kinds of keycaps, and I was wondering how the thickness/texture of the ABS is compared to ones from WASD. Sorry, that's my only frame of reference.

A bit thicker, better texture, generally higher quality. The profile is different, though (DCS), lower than WASD's OEM profile, but still "contoured" across the rows. Very similar to Cherry profile, but with slightly more angled bottom 2 rows.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 05:00:20 »
A GMK in this color scheme would be wicked :D
But maybe more people will join this GB :D

SA profile is a no for me, I just sold my Round 5 Honeywell order, I discovered that I hate SA profile after testing it, way too tall for my taste.

But for now BUY this set ! :thumb:

Offline numiru

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 07:38:12 »
I might be interested in doing Cherry profile through GMK or DSA profile through SP depending on interest. I would need someone else to run it if it's through GMK.
KUL ES-87

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 08:45:20 »
I might be interested in doing Cherry profile through GMK or DSA profile through SP depending on interest. I would need someone else to run it if it's through GMK.

IvanIvanovich is the GMK Group Buy guy to go to. He has run a few successful GMK Group Buys. This set in GMK thick doubleshots would be absolutely tops!

I highly recommend PM'ing Ivan (even though he's quite busy at the moment with a few GB's) and maybe start an Interest Check thread to get an idea of if you could get enough orders to meet their MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity, I think it's 250 if Ivan places the order, he has negotiated this down from the 400 it used to be for GH Group Buys).
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:23:48 »
If this GB does not tip a GMK one will draw more attention for sure, and in this color combo would be wicked :D

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:37:07 »
I just received my Penumbra, so I will try SA shortly. For now DSA is my prefered profile but I picked up a GMK Dolch Set recently to try out official Cherry ABS.
I suspect I might love SA, I'm nervous.  :))

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:52:52 »
SA looks great, but for me the profile it way to high, the spacing between caps is huge for my taste and the worst thing the caps wiggle too much on the stem, they give me the worst typing feeling.
I had a huge order of those and I'm glad I was able to sell them.
But cap profile is a matter of taste, you don't know until you test  :thumb:

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 13:10:35 »
Well so far it looks like only 2 of us have actually ordered any parts of this GB... Hope this doesn't go the same way the Orange Crush GB went... will make me sad... :(
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 15:27:48 »
I'll be making my order once pay day comes :)

Offline numiru

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 11:32:01 »
Should I increase the MOQ to 50 units? This would reduce the price to $62, making it more appealing to purchase.
KUL ES-87

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 11:56:13 »
Should I increase the MOQ to 50 units? This would reduce the price to $62, making it more appealing to purchase.

Yes! And post your images to reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards (and a link to pmk)

That should give you lots of orders if it gets upvoted all the way to the top

Offline numiru

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:27:20 »
Price updated, posted on /r/mk
:)
KUL ES-87

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:14:43 »

NO!!!!!

It had a chance of hitting 25 and being produced, but with a MOQ of 50 it'll have far less chance of tipping. The drop in price happens at 50 anyway, so it doesn't help to raise the MOQ....

Sigh, guess I'll have to live without this set.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline numiru

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:16:33 »

NO!!!!!

It had a chance of hitting 25 and being produced, but with a MOQ of 50 it'll have far less chance of tipping. The drop in price happens at 50 anyway, so it doesn't help to raise the MOQ....

Sigh, guess I'll have to live without this set.
Yeah but this way people are more likely to buy it. It wasn't going very well so I decided it was worth a shot.
KUL ES-87

Offline numiru

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:35:21 »
Here's the code for the signature banner, if anyone wants to help advertise:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60397"][img width=480 height=120]http://i.imgur.com/oD8YFKJ.png[/img][/url]Looks like this:
KUL ES-87

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 02:05:31 »
Maybe the new price will have a psychological effect on buyers, we'll see how it goes  :thumb:

Offline KaboomTheory

• Shrek is love, Shrek is life
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 02:11:59 »
Seeing the new price made me double take on it. I love the idea, but I feel like the design is underwhelming. It doesn't captivate me enough to want to buy it straight away.

Good luck on the sales though, maybe i'm just a minority.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 11:11:09 »
That's because it's subtle, not "in your face". It's the kind of set to become a classic like Dolch.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.