Author Topic: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard - All Shipped!  (Read 220915 times)

Offline elton5354

Re: [GB] Lightsaver V3 Kustom Keyboard
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:20:31 »
Just as a reminder:

Order Changes:
•Please DO NOT PM me for changes
•Email duckustomkeyboards[at]gmail[dot]com for order changes
•Include your Order Number in the subject line along with a description
•Include your Username, FULL Address and Email to confirm your identity.

Thank you! I will not respond to your PM regarding changes AND please include the required information in the email to confirm your identity. I will not be able to change it otherwise.

GUYS! PLEASE include all your info in your email to me...I won't make any changes unless you send me your verification info!

ಠ_ಠ

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:25:38 »
^We should have some type of penalty system.

Infraction #1: Warning
Infraction #2: Bumped to spot 100
Infraction #3: Pour on the salt and let them live with their original order

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:37:45 »
The link has a picture of someone with a $120 set of calipers that is using them completely wrong. To measure gaps, they should be using the other end. Dumbest thing I have seen all day→

I'll agree that he is using them wrong, but it is obvious from the photo that his calipers are too large to be used properly to measure holes of this size. Chances are he was trying to do the best he could to help someone else out who asked the question so maybe ease up on who you're calling dumb.

Those calipers are not too big and it's quite obvious they can measure the gap perfectly if the other end was used. I would expect that anyone with a $100+ set of Mitutoyo calipers would be able​ to utilize them correctly. I appreciate the attempt to help, but it should have never been added to the compatibility​ sheet.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline LDobler

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:42:50 »
Does anybody have a pic of a Duck board with silver bottom and black top? Not sure if I want to go with that combo...
And I can't seem to find any

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:46:33 »
Does anybody have a pic of a Duck board with silver bottom and black top? Not sure if I want to go with that combo...

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=4255106&mid=board_Lsno50

Edit: Link fix

Offline LDobler

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 15:47:26 »
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?_filter=search&mid=board_Lsno50&search_target=title&search_keyword=eagle&document_srl=4255106
Thank you very much good sir! :)

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 19:51:43 »
Just a heads up guys. I also use gmail and when I emailed Elton with my info at the end of the email it automatically formatted it as a signature and minimized it.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 20:28:09 »
The link has a picture of someone with a $120 set of calipers that is using them completely wrong. To measure gaps, they should be using the other end. Dumbest thing I have seen all day→

I'll agree that he is using them wrong, but it is obvious from the photo that his calipers are too large to be used properly to measure holes of this size. Chances are he was trying to do the best he could to help someone else out who asked the question so maybe ease up on who you're calling dumb.

Those calipers are not too big and it's quite obvious they can measure the gap perfectly if the other end was used. I would expect that anyone with a $100+ set of Mitutoyo calipers would be able​ to utilize them correctly. I appreciate the attempt to help, but it should have never been added to the compatibility​ sheet.

This shows the proper way to use those calipers to measure an inside diameter. The tip of one side of the caliper used won't even fit into the switch hole much less both.

To properly physically measure hole diameters this small you would need a calibrated set of pins or similar.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 20:36:02 by ChitownM2 »

Offline hpfalcon

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 20:48:53 »
he knows what hes talking about, I have the same set of calipers and it definitely works for those switch holes

This is how it looks at the end for smaller diameters
http://imgur.com/a/5hkM5

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 20:53:09 »

Show Image

This shows the proper way to use those calipers to measure an inside diameter. The tip of one side of the caliper used won't even fit into the switch hole much less both.

To properly physically measure hole diameters this small you would need a calibrated set of pins or similar.

Actually the way the tips are of the upper jaws, it can read very small increments. Though taking a picture might have been akward. To measure it accurately the calipers would have had to come in perpendicular to the hole. This seems like a much bigger deal than it needs to be lol. I probably would have measured with the upper jaws and displayed the reading like he did for the pic.

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 21:07:04 »
Would rather not clutter up this GB thread, but please stop spreading misinformation when you don't have any experience. That is a nice diagram you have there, but here are some real-world pictures I just took.
More

More

More

More

Hope that clarifies everything.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 21:13:39 »
Would rather not clutter up this GB thread, but please stop spreading misinformation when you don't have any experience. That is a nice diagram you have there, but here are some real-world pictures I just took.
More
Show Image

More
Show Image

More
Show Image

More
Show Image

Hope that clarifies everything.
There you have it, now thats settled can we get back to the LS3 HYPE?!

Offline boo

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 22:58:15 »
Do you guys know if the screw on stabs will work, I am specifically talking about Zeal's. I know that in the viper/eagle, a new diffuser had to be made to accommodate.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 23:14:14 »
Do you guys know if the screw on stabs will work, I am specifically talking about Zeal's. I know that in the viper/eagle, a new diffuser had to be made to accommodate.

Onmybikedrunk messaged Duck with the issue- Duck kindly thanked onmy for the information and said he would accommodate the screw in stabs on the diffuser for this. Should be all good!!

Offline boo

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 00:12:42 »

Onmybikedrunk messaged Duck with the issue- Duck kindly thanked onmy for the information and said he would accommodate the screw in stabs on the diffuser for this. Should be all good!!

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 00:48:59 »
This is my perfect layout but won't be getting it this GB, how often do these come by as this is the 3rd time I assume?

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 01:05:01 »
This is my perfect layout but won't be getting it this GB, how often do these come by as this is the 3rd time I assume?
every 2 years

Offline Atredl

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 01:25:12 »
every 2 years

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Lightsaver V2 GB was 3 years ago  :-X  I only remembered this because I got into mechs a little over 3 years ago and the GB happened shortly there after.

I feel your pain PotatoTM, I was exactly in your shoes 3 years ago. The good thing is that 96 keyboards have become more popular and the Kira (also a 96 key layout) should be coming sometime soonTM.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 02:40:21 »
Just as a reminder:

Order Changes:
•Please DO NOT PM me for changes
•Email duckustomkeyboards[at]gmail[dot]com for order changes
•Include your Order Number in the subject line along with a description
•Include your Username, FULL Address and Email to confirm your identity.
Thank you! I will not respond to your PM regarding changes AND please include the required information in the email to confirm your identity. I will not be able to change it otherwise.

GUYS! PLEASE include all your info in your email to me...I won't make any changes unless you send me your verification info!

ಠ_ಠ
Hello, this is elton5354 - I gift my spot to q1w2e3r4t5z, thanks  :D

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 06:49:43 »
This will be the last GB as far as i know.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 09:45:22 »

See, I have seen a few people say that. And I am not sure if what he meant by "This is the last design" meant that it was the final prototype of the v3, or the final Lightsaver...

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 11:14:20 »

See, I have seen a few people say that. And I am not sure if what he meant by "This is the last design" meant that it was the final prototype of the v3, or the final Lightsaver...

I'm guessing it is the last iteration of the Lightsaver. Maybe there will be an even more exciting 96 key layout down the road 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline yookwh

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 11:21:42 »

He says there's not likely a v4.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 13:44:43 »
Just realized SA Carbon is dropping in a month... RIP wallet.

Offline gnidub

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 13:57:22 »
Would assembly service be available?

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 14:31:28 »

I dont think so but you can use switch and led holtites if you dont wanna solder it, very simple but costy

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 14:35:35 »

People here offer assembly services at a fee. I'm pretty sure you can find someone local, or just pay shipping for the pcb and plate to find someone to build it for you.

Offline gnidub

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 15:14:41 »

I dont think so but you can use switch and led holtites if you dont wanna solder it, very simple but costy

Ah I see. I built a few boards, but reading the lightsaver v2 GB page, I found assembly serveice offered pretty cheap and hence the wonder. Anyways, thanks for the info.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 15:31:50 »
Responded to all outstanding changes.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 21:36:27 »
good GB :thumb:

Offline boo

« Reply #280 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 22:21:00 »
How is the poly carb plate? What switches is that perfect for?

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 22:48:26 »
So all who wondered about this being the last iteration of a Duck Lightsaver:  It's not.

I just spoke to Duck and he said that what he meant by "Last Design" is exactly what @Invaderevan speculated.  He meant that was the last iteration of THIS version and it was the final design of the bottom piece.  I also asked him if there was going to be a V4 - he said "if they want a V4, I will."  So straight from the horses mouth...

Good news to all who didn't get in!

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #282 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 22:52:57 »
How is the poly carb plate? What switches is that perfect for?

Not a huge help, but someone in the Eagle/Viper V2 thread sure likes it.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Panzerhawx

• Endgame is a lie. You just end up buying more.
    • cartel
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 04:11:45 »
...So what do the 34 of us that didn't get in (#101 - #135), do?

Do we just sit and hope wearily that someone will suddenly drop out, only to find out that no one will?
And then live with that burden all our lives, whilst those who got in look at the google spreadsheet and laugh at all 34 of us?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 04:33:37 »

Do we just sit and hope wearily that someone will suddenly drop out, only to find out that no one will?
And then live with that burden all our lives, whilst those who got in look at the google spreadsheet and laugh at all 34 of us?

Yes

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 06:28:48 »

We don't laugh at you - the tears of joy for getting one are blocking our vision :( Sorry :(

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:22:39 »
Looks at spreadsheet, tears of joy, looks at wallet, tears of sorrow.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #287 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:23:54 »
Anyone want to share what his/her build is probably going to be?

I've been a lover of MX Clears/Zealios for the longest time, but I might dabble in some vintage blacks. Looking forward to Carbon SA's round 2 as well

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:29:35 »

I've been a lover of MX Clears/Zealios for the longest time, but I might dabble in some vintage blacks. Looking forward to Carbon SA's round 2 as well

78g Zealios is the plan so far, but if I do invest in holtites then I do wana try linear switches out. As for keycaps, looking forward to using GMK terminal and GMK oblivion

Offline thad

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:33:16 »
I'm going to use holetite also, with gat yellows, and Yuri caps

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline yookwh

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:37:44 »
Do you guys have any experiences with hotlite? I read somewhere that it can dig into the PCB, and/or be loose with the switches falling out?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #291 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:42:58 »

I've got builds on the way with vintage blacks, 78g zealios and silent blacks so will probably use whichever of those I like best. As for caps, im in for oblivion GB but I'm thinking eventually laser Will end up on here.  I'm trying to resist buying terminal.

Offline fropones

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:49:50 »
Are people buying the extra plate/PCB so they can have 2 setups they can swap between, or do people have something else in mind?

Offline yookwh

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:51:55 »
Pretty much. It gives me assurance in case the PCB I use gets ****ed up. I paid a good amount for an Octagon V2 PCB long after the GB, and I'm not making the same mistake again. So it's either there just in case, or maybe I can alternate between linears and Zealios... Something like that

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 10:08:08 »

Not yet decided, maybe Zealios, maybe retooled blacks, maybe Input Club's new Halo Clears? As for keycaps, hopefully I can find a 40s or Tsafox kit for Godspeed to complete my set to fit the board. But eventually SA Oblivion will be on it. I got a black case btw.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 10:21:34 »
do people have something else in mind?

I plan on making a half plate for my second PCB. Alphas and numpad 1-9 will be PCB mounted whilst the rest are plate mounted  ;D

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 10:34:22 »

I plan on making a half plate for my second PCB. Alphas and numpad 1-9 will be PCB mounted whilst the rest are plate mounted  ;D

I was thinking about trying this. So did you order a polycarbonate plate which you're gonna cut yourself? What switches are you gonna use on it?

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #297 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 10:44:52 »

I was thinking about trying this. So did you order a polycarbonate plate which you're gonna cut yourself? What switches are you gonna use on it?

I'm not sure if I'm going to modify the poly plate I ordered or have one fabricated. I do plan making a custom SS plate that allows for switch top opening so I might just make two variants, a full and a half.

As far as switches, vintage blacks, ergo clears, or silent blacks.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #298 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 12:05:03 »

I'm not sure if I'm going to modify the poly plate I ordered or have one fabricated. I do plan making a custom SS plate that allows for switch top opening so I might just make two variants, a full and a half.

As far as switches, vintage blacks, ergo clears, or silent blacks.

Interesting. So as I understand it, the general consensus is stiffer plate (brass/SS) for linear, softer plate (alu/PC) for tactile. And I guess PCB mount provides some cushion so I would presume tactile would be best suited? Or maybe it doesn't matter so much... I might try it with some Zealios... I'm so new to all this but am interested in trying out all sorts of options. When you say you might get a poly plate fabricated, how do you go about that? Like, I presume you need a CAD file or something to give to a manufacturer? Do you make that yourself? Sorry for the grilling...

Offline Azzures

• ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 12:47:34 »

On one PCB I'll probably do zealios 65g or 67g switches and use my Carbon set on it. Haven't decided what to do for the other pcb, but tempted to try out the zealios linear switches