Author Topic: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]  (Read 2119397 times)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
Re: GMK DOLCH [taking orders]
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 22:17:35 »
Like I said on DT, good luck!

Offline tribade

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 22:31:40 »
Ordered!  It looks like it's going to be gorgeous.  I can't wait!
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 22:35:41 »
Oh... that's a bummer about the Minila spacebar thing. I thought it was like a shift. GMK dosen't have anything else like that for minila. Should be OK for ergo Duck, for JIS keyboard maybe some other. I think it's still OK for 5000? Someone tell me if I'm wrong there too.
The arrow key in Color pack isn't meant to go on the cursor, it's for WASD... game movement keys.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 May 2014, 22:38:43 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 22:36:28 »
Try to win me over by telling me why this set is so special and so good:) I don't quite know the difference between this set and the standard ABS Doubleshots.
And yes, i know he's doing us all a favor, this set seems to be very popular. Great job with launching this GB! :thumb:

1) Aesthetics.
2) It's s accurate of a replica as it can get of one of the most popular sets around due to point 1 above.
3) Doubleshot and thick abs. Made by the same equipment used to make the original. It might as well be the original already except this is a group buy.
4) Everything you hear about thick keycaps apply to them, even if they're abs. They're still thick and of very good quality.

If I'm not wrong, this is a keycap made by the same company so you can see how it is http://www.geekkeys.com/gmk-white-esc/

5) This groupbuy took a long time to come. And it will probably not come again for a very long time. If along the way in your keyboard journey, you start to realise why these caps were so sought after, I'd rather you be glad you got them, rather than regret that you had the chance and have to wade through tons of classified threads to find these again lol.
6) If for some reason you don't like these, you can always sell them off again rather easily. I'm pretty sure there will be people who have missed this and are looking for a chance to get hold of one from another member. Or if they joined after this gb ended and only realised why they were so good after the gb ended and were unable to get one.
7) Based on those reasons above, you don't really have a reason not to get one, unless it's cause of finanicial issues. Friend's birthday? Get a dolch. your birthday? Get a dolch. Lamp died? Get a dolch. Thermostat too cold? Get a dolch.

Hope this helps!

It does, you've actually won me over pretty fast! But now im concerned, and here's why; I already have a thick set, it's PBT, but it's thick. Now the problem is that the thickness causes a rattle when put on my costar stab buttons on my FILCO because the inner wall is too thick and the stabs hit it while im typing. Again, i'm torn. I have more information thanks to you, but i'm torn :confused:

The problem actually is not from the thickness, it's from the wrapping of the imsto pbt caps.  I have used imsto pbt on my Filco in the past.  The wall of the imsto pbt caps wrapped inside a little bit, so the Costar stabilizer would hit the wall of the keycaps, and stuck the keycaps.  But since GMK keycaps won't wrap, GMK keycaps fit perfectly on Filco or any other board that use Costar stabilizer.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 22:48:14 »
Any help for someone who has the OG set from a Dolch PAC and just needs the long right shift?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 22:56:03 »
Why all the SP hate in this thread lol. What did they do to wrong us?

Ultra tight fitting Retro Key-set, broke a couple stems off the keys removing them from my Filco's, WASD's and a couple of Leopold's (hated that).  Same with Miami, Valentine V1, 23 Commando (1 stem broke), CC&G R2 (2 stems), Red Alert V1, Sanctuary and Hazard Keyset.

You might be wondering why I keep buying SP key-sets because I have lots more that haven't broke sitting in quite a few working keyboards.  Just be aware that a certain percentage of poorly built keys still get shipped out without SP even bothering to use any decent quality checking procedures.

Of course now when buying any further SP made key-sets I still need to buy a tub of KY to fit the keys onto each keyboard now.  Amazing how a little lubricant can save you from any hardship  :thumb: .

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 23:02:17 »
Why all the SP hate in this thread lol. What did they do to wrong us?

Ultra tight fitting Retro Key-set, broke a couple stems off the keys removing them from my Filco's, WASD's and a couple of Leopold's (hated that).  Same with Miami, Valentine V1, 23 Commando (1 stem broke), CC&G R2 (2 stems), Red Alert V1, Sanctuary and Hazard Keyset.

You might be wondering why I keep buying SP key-sets because I have lots more that haven't broke sitting in quite a few working keyboards.  Just be aware that a certain percentage of poorly built keys still get shipped out without SP even bothering to use any decent quality checking procedures.

Of course now when buying any further SP made key-sets I still need to buy a tub of KY to fit the keys onto each keyboard now.  Amazing how a little lubricant can save you from any hardship  :thumb: .

ky for keycaps lol good idea

Offline pearl

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 23:18:37 »
Hi, sorry for the noob question... but what color are the blank keys? Thanks!

Offline Chonzer

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 23:34:05 »
The arrow key in Color pack isn't meant to go on the cursor, it's for WASD... game movement keys.
Oh, of course. How could I be so stupid :P

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 00:16:05 »
The problem actually is not from the thickness, it's from the wrapping of the imsto pbt caps.  I have used imsto pbt on my Filco in the past.  The wall of the imsto pbt caps wrapped inside a little bit, so the Costar stabilizer would hit the wall of the keycaps, and stuck the keycaps.  But since GMK keycaps won't wrap, GMK keycaps fit perfectly on Filco or any other board that use Costar stabilizer.

Legit question; Did you mean to type warp/warped as in bent or distorted or is wrapping a term I'm just not familiar with?

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 00:18:40 »
we really should take this discussion to another thread and not this groupbuy...

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 00:33:12 »

Legit question; Did you mean to type warp/warped as in bent or distorted or is wrapping a term I'm just not familiar with?

I read it as warped.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 03:04:06 »
It does, you've actually won me over pretty fast! But now im concerned, and here's why; I already have a thick set, it's PBT, but it's thick. Now the problem is that the thickness causes a rattle when put on my costar stab buttons on my FILCO because the inner wall is too thick and the stabs hit it while im typing. Again, i'm torn. I have more information thanks to you, but i'm torn :confused:

I'm not sure about your case but in my case, I did not see any issue with Imsto, GMK and SP. Imsto and GMK have similar profile and they all work correctly on Filco, QFR with Costa Stabilizers. Indeed, we need the Teflon tape to make the Costa Inserts tightened into the keycap stem. If we make them right, everything is good but we put them into incorrect position like I had in the example, the stabs will hit back to the keycap and that perhaps the situation you faced.
(Attachment Link)
Don't worry too much, this GB is all about GMK Dolch keycap, it is all good for your Filco, Ducky, KMAC, Cherry G80, etc.

Yes, that was the problem i was experiencing. And i couldn't fix it no matter what. I tried everything. What you did on the picture and more. But it still grinds:/
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 03:08:34 »

I've never actually heard or seen anything like this to be honest, so I can't really help you there haha sorry :(

I've heard of this problem before. Usually it's solved by sanding the insides of the caps.

Sanding a cap. /ouch
Sanding a new cap. /ouch
Sanding a GMK cap. /ouch

:'(

Sell the Filco, buy cherry stab keyboard = win

No way in hell i would do this. I have a FC700R and two FILCOs. They are both very good and solid keyboards, but the FILCO wins by a little because of the costar stabs. I hate the mushy feeling cherry stabs bring along with them. Yes, the caps are easier to replace, but so what. I need 2 minutes instead of 30 seconds to replace the larger keys, no biggie. I want the same sound that comes with smaller keys when i press on the enter button or the spacebar. It's just the way i am, my first mechanical keyboards were cherry stabs, back then i didn't even know costar stabs excisted. Yes i asked myself even then; "Why do i get this mushy feeling when pressing on the larger keys?"
Tl;dr - I love costar  :D
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 03:10:42 »
we really should take this discussion to another thread and not this groupbuy...

I was thinking the same thing, but since it came up here... We're all to lazy to start a new thread i guess. Sorry ivan!!!
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline skuko

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 03:46:00 »

why? it is a perfectly legitimate concern in my opinion. i like the colorway and i would like to get in on this group buy, but 100+ euro is too much to just have them sitting on my shelf just because they would not fit, or having to go through the hassle or reselling them because of the same thing.

personally, i have never had a GMK set on any of my boards, but i have grown weary of the cherry profile in conjunction with costar stabilized boards (and that is all i ever use). i want to know 100% that this will not be wasted money. i cannot think of a better place to discuss this.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 04:08:56 »

why? it is a perfectly legitimate concern in my opinion. i like the colorway and i would like to get in on this group buy, but 100+ euro is too much to just have them sitting on my shelf just because they would not fit, or having to go through the hassle or reselling them because of the same thing.

personally, i have never had a GMK set on any of my boards, but i have grown weary of the cherry profile in conjunction with costar stabilized boards (and that is all i ever use). i want to know 100% that this will not be wasted money. i cannot think of a better place to discuss this.

GMK sets don't have any fit issues, those are PBT dyesub sets that have that issue.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline tbc

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 04:24:52 »
not to mention the fix is like really simple....
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 04:46:49 »
Good luck with the group buy Ivan. Hope it gets to MOQ.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 05:24:17 »
GMK sets don't have any fit issues, those are PBT dyesub sets that have that issue.

I've got 3 GMK sets all in ABS and they are perfect in fit and removal from any Korean and Filco Keyboard in my possession.  The only real misery comes from SP made key-sets which are all documented here on GH, hence if you want to suffer non fitment on your keyboard go buy another SP set.  But if you want a key-set actually designed for the Cherry switch then you need to get this one.

We always get this bullsh1t relating to fitment to Cherry or Filco Keyboards when a GMK group buy starts yet when SP runs any Group Buy the shills go all quiet with no comments.  Is this some type of nasty smear upon another GMK group buy for no other reason than to force any gullible into buying only SP made key-sets?

Because I've been here for years I've seen this always sneak into a GMK GB and it tries to scare people away from buying it.  Very underhanded and down right disgusting since with every GMK group buy those very same concerns relating to costar fitment, has been addressed.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 05:31:42 »

I've got 3 GMK sets all in ABS and they are perfect in fit and removal from any Korean and Filco Keyboard in my possession.  The only real misery comes from SP made key-sets which are all documented here on GH, hence if you want to suffer non fitment on your keyboard go buy another SP set.  But if you want a key-set actually designed for the Cherry switch then you need to get this one.

We always get this bullsh1t relating to fitment to Cherry or Filco Keyboards when a GMK group buy starts yet when SP runs any Group Buy the shills go all quiet with no comments.  Is this some type of nasty smear upon another GMK group buy for no other reason than to force any gullible into buying only SP made key-sets?

Because I've been here for years I've seen this always sneak into a GMK GB and it tries to scare people away from buying it.  Very underhanded and down right disgusting since with every GMK group buy those very same concerns relating to costar fitment, has been addressed.

Its pretty funny that people try and talk **** about GMK caps when you consider that they're using Cherry's original tooling.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline skuko

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 05:35:38 »

Its pretty funny that people try and talk **** about GMK caps when you consider that they're using Cherry's original tooling.

can you please point out any1 talking **** about GMK in this thread? i fail to see anyone. i for one am only voicing my personal concern about a pretty costly GB i want to take part in, regarding CHERRY PROFILE KEYCAPS, regardless of manufacturer.

elrick, your trolling tinfoil hat and flamebaiting attitude is not funny anymore. yes, everyone is an agent of SP, out to screw a GMK group buy, for reals!

edit: bueller, this is a legit question, even at the cost of making a total moron out of myself: what does GMK using original cherry equipment does have to do with the cherry profile caps fitting or not fitting costar stabs? my impression was that cherry uses cherry stabilizers, not costar? care to elaborate on that? not trolling, i'm genuinely interested.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 May 2014, 05:43:31 by skuko »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 05:45:30 »

Exactly  ;D .  They've got the original tooling yet SP can only guess what tooling Cherry uses, because of the patent that applies to these very special molds.  Every time you install an SP key-set you will get the inevitable tight squeezing into the side section of your Filco, WASD or Korean keyboard.  Not SP's fault due to having such dodgey molds and profiles that produce that effect.

With GMK's all of their key-sets fit into a Filco, WASD, Leopold, and any other Cherry Keyboard with such ease with plenty of room around the keys without needing to push to hard into their positions.  It's a real pleasure to own the GMK sets because they are one solid piece of plastic perfection.  I instead turn them over to gaze at their beautiful rear-ends which are works of art  :thumb: .

When everyone decides to own this particular Dolch Set you will finally know what it means to have these key-caps in your possession.  Like owning a perfectly designed high-end Mercedes or BMW made for your own unique style whilst everyone else can be content with their mundane Kia's and Hyundai's  8) .
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 May 2014, 05:47:52 by Elrick »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #173 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 06:43:11 »
Is this some type of nasty smear upon another GMK group buy...

You are literally the only one on the forum conducting a smear campaign against a keycap manufacturer.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 06:44:09 »
Yes, that would be awesome.
God this community is friendly. It feels so good to be a part of it.

We won't hesitate to talk you out of your wallet :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 07:36:23 »
When you start invoicing, do you verify shipping addresses we inputted? There's small voice in my head which is claiming that I've inputted something wrong  :)) And of course the edit link is already gone :)

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #176 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 07:36:40 »

can you please point out any1 talking **** about GMK in this thread? i fail to see anyone. i for one am only voicing my personal concern about a pretty costly GB i want to take part in, regarding CHERRY PROFILE KEYCAPS, regardless of manufacturer.

elrick, your trolling tinfoil hat and flamebaiting attitude is not funny anymore. yes, everyone is an agent of SP, out to screw a GMK group buy, for reals!

edit: bueller, this is a legit question, even at the cost of making a total moron out of myself: what does GMK using original cherry equipment does have to do with the cherry profile caps fitting or not fitting costar stabs? my impression was that cherry uses cherry stabilizers, not costar? care to elaborate on that? not trolling, i'm genuinely interested.

It isn't the cherry profile that is the problem it is that the caps you had trouble with were imsto thick pbt and the pbt can warp causing fit issues.

GMK ABS doubleshots are ABS and fit just fine.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 07:54:45 »
Is this some type of nasty smear upon another GMK group buy...

You are literally the only one on the forum conducting a smear campaign against a keycap manufacturer.

When you own about 16 of SP's key-sets close to 4 years now, then you can talk about their so-called quality and fitment pal.  Only own 8 GMK sets thus far and they are all perfect including the Purple Mods.

You only smear the ones that deserve it but you never praise poor work or lazy standards which everyone here on Geekhack, already knows about  ;) .
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 May 2014, 07:56:21 by Elrick »

Offline D01

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 09:01:15 »
@ivan: is it possible to get the current numbers we are at for each set in the OP and updated every few days? I found that really helped drive participation and ordering in the granite GB. When people could see which sets were lagging behind or were at risk of not hitting the MOQ, the thread would get behind them and make it happen.

With the buzz we have in this thread right now I feel like it could only help.

This would also be helpful for a noob like me to see the overal interest in each piece of the group buy.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 09:17:21 »

I'm sorry to hear that you face some problems with Costa stabilizers.
However, like I said before, I did not face that problem so I can confirm that SP, GMK and Imsto are all good for Costa stabilizer keyboards.

In this particular case, if you really wonder if GMK keycap can fit into a Costa stabilizers perfectly or not, I think you can watch these videos created by GH member, VesperSAINT. In these videos, apparently, VesperSAINT used GMK keycap on the modifiers. Everything is perfect.

Plus, I suggest you can use the search function to view how many beautiful combinations of GMK and Costa stabilizers, and Cherry stabilizers too, on GeekHack, of course.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gmk+keycap+filco+site:geekhack.org&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X

When you feel satisfied with GMK keycaps, don't forget to follow the GB and support the OP to have MOQ ;D.

Actually, I supported all SP, GMK, Imsto and whatever nice keycap set in this forum so personally, I think we can always find a solution for any issue.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 May 2014, 09:28:14 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 10:22:40 »
Ivan if the color set is going to be like the code key you should show a picture of it so people who don't know can see it.
Show Image

Taken from: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50591.msg1319598#msg1319598
They are a bit lighter than that to be honest. The spacebar is black, the rest is SkiData charcoal grey.

Damnit, I don't even particularly care for Dolch but that Color pack is just too damn nice.
Ordered a full set and a color pack.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 10:24:16 »
Code key is the same color as Dolch mods if I'm not mistaken, I've got mine paired up with them and can't tell the difference.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 10:32:06 »
Code key is the same color as Dolch mods if I'm not mistaken, I've got mine paired up with them and can't tell the difference.

Is the code solor the same as the cyan spacebar that are out there?

Offline Halvar

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 10:44:19 »
Yes, they are the same teal, I just checked.

Anyway, what I understand is that GMK has a very limited choice of standard colors, and these colors do not necessarily fit the colors that Cherry used.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 10:47:22 »
 When I see that picture I think "GMK Red Alert!"

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 10:56:39 »

Been saying that ever since the MOQ hit 250 but all anyone ever talks about is bloody Dolch! Excited to see what Ctrl+Alt do, I'm sure they'll pick something interesting :)

Offline Noko

• jolonarr: a tough dude who takes no esses!
  • * Maker
    • Noko's Leatherworks
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 10:58:55 »
Just decided to pick up an additional odd keys pack, I guess I've decided I'm buying a Race to put this on as an alternate portable board, haha.
Noko's Leatherworks - Handmade Custom Leather Wrist Rests -  http://www.noko.ca

Sales Thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51762.0
Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47704.0

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:14:07 »

Been saying that ever since the MOQ hit 250 but all anyone ever talks about is bloody Dolch! Excited to see what Ctrl+Alt do, I'm sure they'll pick something interesting :)

Is Ctrl+Alt going to finally do a GMK GB instead of SP?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:17:41 »

Is Ctrl+Alt going to finally do a GMK GB instead of SP?

Yep! Bunny said once the current crop of GB's are shipped they'll be moving to GMK for standard profile caps. Still a ways off because they have a lot running (Penumbra, Toxic, Calm Depths) but it's still damn exciting all the same :)

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:19:51 »
GMK Red Alert!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:25:29 »

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #191 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:27:53 »

GMK Red Alert!

Show Image

Show Image

The things I'd do to that key set...
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:31:05 »

GMK Red Alert!

Show Image

Show Image

The things I'd do to that key set...

I know man, I know. I look it up on Taobao every couple of weeks and tell myself that someone is bound to do a GB sooner or later.

I'd jump on them if they were a little bit more reasonably priced but $300+ is stupid money for any retail MX board regardless of caps.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #193 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:32:20 »
I have probably read this before somewhere but, Is the reason that we do not have the options for windowed stepped capslock that they have to be pad printed?
SP only offers a pad printed version. I was hoping gmk would be better than that.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #194 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:34:43 »
I have probably read this before somewhere but, Is the reason that we do not have the options for windowed stepped capslock that they have to be pad printed?
SP only offers a pad printed version. I was hoping gmk would be better than that.

Yeah windowed caps can only be done with pad printing, something to do with the second shot deforming the window I believe. I've been interested to see if there is any way of removing the windows from PBT caps, dye subbing them and then putting the window back in.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #195 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:38:53 »
well I would really like a windowed stepped capslock even if it didn't have any print on it. blanks would be fine.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:39:03 »

Yeah the windowed caps I have in gmk dolch with pad printing look ugly as all hell.
I'd rather have blanks :/
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #197 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:41:07 »
That's my preference generally, I hate mixing pad printed and double shot caps. Sticks out like a dog's bollocks.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #198 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:46:19 »
well I would really like a windowed stepped capslock even if it didn't have any print on it. blanks would be fine.

Yes, please!

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 11:51:02 »

I'm sorry to hear that you face some problems with Costa stabilizers.
However, like I said before, I did not face that problem so I can confirm that SP, GMK and Imsto are all good for Costa stabilizer keyboards.
Show Image

In this particular case, if you really wonder if GMK keycap can fit into a Costa stabilizers perfectly or not, I think you can watch these videos created by GH member, VesperSAINT. In these videos, apparently, VesperSAINT used GMK keycap on the modifiers. Everything is perfect.

Plus, I suggest you can use the search function to view how many beautiful combinations of GMK and Costa stabilizers, and Cherry stabilizers too, on GeekHack, of course.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gmk+keycap+filco+site:geekhack.org&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X

When you feel satisfied with GMK keycaps, don't forget to follow the GB and support the OP to have MOQ ;D.

Actually, I supported all SP, GMK, Imsto and whatever nice keycap set in this forum so personally, I think we can always find a solution for any issue.

Glad it worked out for you but of the three thick pbt sets I owned from IMSTO they all had this issue with costar stabs. Especially on enter and right shift.