Author Topic: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]  (Read 2120574 times)

Offline Halvar

Re: GMK DOLCH [taking orders]
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 14:21:39 »
Is someone interested in only the light grey keys (basically the alphas) of a base set, e.g. to combine with a Cherry set or a different GMK set?

I already ordered a full set, but I'd like to buy a second BASE set if I find someone to share it with and split the costs. I'm only interested in the dark grey keys (modifiers etc.) for that set.

PM me.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #351 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 16:05:58 »
Yes, well basically I just made the colorscheme same as the original... there is nothing more to that decision. It's impossible to please every buyer... but I tried to come up with the best compromises I think in most cases on key selection. It's not going to change for this buy. I think changing things midway can create other problems and confusion which I don't want. Next time there is an IC is when you should bring up these topics.

No worries. :). I was not expecting changes. The IC for this was a little strange as I thought it was only for the esc key. I think that's how it started and turned into this (im not complaining). :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #352 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 02:31:05 »
Basically, when the deadline comes around I will look to see how close options are to MOQ. At that time I may decide 1 time extension may help if it is very close to making the amount, or possibly just take advantage of the moq shortfall pledges if there is enough assistance from that.
As far as other forums go, I am unaware of any others where info about this buy may be posted that I didn't post myself either here, on DT or bit-tech. Please do feel free to help spread the word around to any others that may be interested. It is open to anyone all around the world.

Congrats to Ivan for becoming a moderator!! :D

I totally didn't see this!

Congratulations Ivan! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #353 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 02:45:19 »
Basically, when the deadline comes around I will look to see how close options are to MOQ. At that time I may decide 1 time extension may help if it is very close to making the amount, or possibly just take advantage of the moq shortfall pledges if there is enough assistance from that.
As far as other forums go, I am unaware of any others where info about this buy may be posted that I didn't post myself either here, on DT or bit-tech. Please do feel free to help spread the word around to any others that may be interested. It is open to anyone all around the world.

Congrats to Ivan for becoming a moderator!! :D

I totally didn't see this!

Congratulations Ivan! :)

Talk about it coming from left field.  Didn't expect it but couldn't happen to a nicer person, so lay down the law in this place with extreme prejudice Ivan  :thumb: .

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #354 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 09:06:43 »
Thanks SpAmRaY, rowdy and Elrick.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #355 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 12:51:53 »
Orders have slowed down quite a bit :(

Hopefully this GB will gain some momentum again when the deadline approaches.

I will definitely order a second set if it makes a difference!

I will also order one or two more.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #356 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 16:49:27 »

I'll be submitting an order closer to deadline, I'm just in too deep right now with all the good deals that have been happening. *HHKB totally worth it!

Congratulations on Mod status Ivan!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

« Reply #357 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 17:27:00 »
Forgive my ignorance but does the "ODD mod+nav" add on set include a space bar that will fit the choc mini? (the second version) I couldn't work out the lengths.  :-[

Offline feizor

« Reply #358 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 17:32:30 »

I'll be submitting an order closer to deadline, I'm just in too deep right now with all the good deals that have been happening. *HHKB totally worth it!

Congratulations on Mod status Ivan!

Are there deals on hhkb?

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #359 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:27:40 »

I will be purchasing a set later this month when I get the funds to do so. There are probably quite a few others holding out until the end so don't fret  :D

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #360 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:39:10 »
Regarding reaching the MOQ, has anyone posted info about this group buy on other sites?

enjoyclick is in, but not for the base set.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #361 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:46:37 »
Forgive my ignorance but does the "ODD mod+nav" add on set include a space bar that will fit the choc mini? (the second version) I couldn't work out the lengths.  :-[

No, GMK does not have mold for that size to offer. Only 6.25 and 7 size spacebar is available. Odd pack have what is technically blank shift keys that will work on some Japan layout keyboards and possibly some that have a split space like 5000.

Offline avtar

« Reply #362 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:51:46 »
I will be purchasing a set later this month when I get the funds to do so. There are probably quite a few others holding out until the end so don't fret  :D

Ivan can probably confirm but you probably aren't going to get an invoice until after the deadline date. In which case waiting to order doesn't seem necessary if you know you're going to get a set.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #363 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:55:57 »
Oh, yes that would be correct. No invoices will go out unless it's clear the buy has enough orders to go through so do not worry about payment at this time.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #364 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 19:16:28 »
Are there deals on hhkb?

Sorry for OT talk, but I would also like to know...
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #365 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 20:53:17 »
This set seems not include shift 2x for MX11800 ?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #366 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 21:13:01 »
2 unit shift is in ODD pack.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #367 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 21:43:36 »
2 unit shift is in ODD pack.
Oh ok. I 'm very happy beacause finally i can found double shot set for my mx11800. Thanks :thumb:

Offline kekstee

« Reply #368 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 16:37:01 »
Just came all over my keyboard. Ordering replacements asap. I just have to decide which addon packs I should take.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #369 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 17:05:45 »

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

« Reply #370 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 17:35:48 »

No, GMK does not have mold for that size to offer. Only 6.25 and 7 size spacebar is available. Odd pack have what is technically blank shift keys that will work on some Japan layout keyboards and possibly some that have a split space like 5000.

Ah well. Thanks for clarifying.  Cheers

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #371 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 20:59:24 »
Everyone drools over Dolch. Everyone always wants and requests Dolch until it's offered. Let's step up to the plate guys and put our money down. I don't have an extra 13 grand laying around but that's about how far we are off at this point. I don't think Ivan has that much around either. Sherry might and 7 bit might be able to swing it so if we want this to go through step up guys. I bought my share and my wallet is still flinching about the possible invoice but I want this group buy to go to completion.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #372 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 21:23:43 »

Everyone drools over Dolch. Everyone always wants and requests Dolch until it's offered. Let's step up to the plate guys and put our money down. I don't have an extra 13 grand laying around but that's about how far we are off at this point. I don't think Ivan has that much around either. Sherry might and 7 bit might be able to swing it so if we want this to go through step up guys. I bought my share and my wallet is still flinching about the possible invoice but I want this group buy to go to completion.

Preach it bro, I already have a set and I'm still getting a couple more alongside some nice spacebar and colour packs
We seem to be losing steam when it comes to GBs lately :/
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline avtar

« Reply #373 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 22:01:38 »
Either a MOQ of 250 isn't feasible any more (which can't really be changed I guess) or people who are active on other sites could help by advocating for group buys there. I added another set to my order for whatever that's worth :/

Offline feizor

« Reply #374 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 22:17:57 »
I put down an order for a base set, still deciding whether I should get a color pack. They seem to be so popular. What is the attraction? I might only end up using the teal enter, which doesn't quite justify the $24.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #375 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 22:28:43 »
I put down an order for a base set, still deciding whether I should get a color pack. They seem to be so popular. What is the attraction? I might only end up using the teal enter, which doesn't quite justify the $24.

Limited edition escape and enter, and just more options if you wanna deck out your keyboard. If you just want the teal enter, you might want to just contact someone about selling you theirs.

Also having a more complete set increases resale value [imo at least - there is no set standards for reselling afaik]

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #376 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 22:35:47 »
It's now so close to MOQ and I can even taste the ABS out of Germany already  :thumb: .

This will be a goer and no one will stand in our way.  This has to occur because this complete key-set has to happen above everything else in this world.

We have waited for the longest time and now where just on the cusp of something brilliant here because once these babies start dropping out of their molds back in their factory, you shall know what key-cap perfection truly is  8) .

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #377 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 22:39:35 »
Either a MOQ of 250 isn't feasible any more (which can't really be changed I guess) or people who are active on other sites could help by advocating for group buys there. I added another set to my order for whatever that's worth :/

Don't worry about not making MOQ... :cool:

Order will be placed in a couple hours.

Ivan, if possible, could we get an updated list? Thanks.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #378 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 22:48:48 »
Bit the bullet and placed an order. Only lovely plastics from GMK now. Thanks for running this Ivan!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #379 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 02:50:05 »
Out of all the GB's I've taken part in, this is the one I want to happen most. I can't think of any keyboard this set won't look good on. And the feels... oh yeah. When this and the custom plate for my Pure arrive... drool.

I'll be comparing these to the PBT black on black set at some point and then deciding which will stay on my Ducky TKL and which on my Pure. Hmm.... should I add another set to my order in case I want this on both AND a set to keep unused (for posterity or until I get another MX boad)? Perhaps that would be wise. At least I KNOW I'll be able to sell one of these sets if I don't need it in the future.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Motan22

« Reply #380 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 03:08:45 »

Exposure in other corners of the internet certainly helps generate interest and orders, however it can be double edge sword when it comes to people coughing up money once invoices go out. I definitely think the base and colour pack will hit MOQ however it is not looking to good for the odd pack at the moment. I am thinking of placing an odd pack order even though I don't need one, just to support those who do.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #381 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 03:23:02 »
small group buy also running in Vietnam :D

Offline tbc

« Reply #382 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 03:38:07 »

GB is forever indebted lol
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #383 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 03:41:05 »

GB is forever indebted lol

Today marks the day the vancouverites saved the dolch GB.

Salute, men. Our brother Zeal is a selfless man.
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #384 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 03:51:55 »

My YOTS bro, saving the day! ;)
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #385 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 04:33:31 »
Today marks the day the vancouverites saved the dolch GB.

Salute, men. Our brother Zeal is a selfless man.

Canadians rule, okay  :thumb: .

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 09:52:27 »
Almost there on BASE and COLOR!
I am kind of surprised there is so few ODD order still... I thought there were more 75% people than this. I am sad there isn't more F'n'A orders... too little love for the oldschool.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 10:01:49 »
I am kind of surprised there is so few ODD order still... I thought there were more 75% people than this. I am sad there isn't more F'n'A orders... too little love for the oldschool.

I think the price is the main issue.  I just can't afford to put this set on my 75%.  $110 is not cheap, but manageable.  $160 for a keyset for a 75% board is a little out of reach for me...

Offline avtar

« Reply #388 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 10:04:34 »

SWEET!! (Thank you Zeal?) I really hope the spacebars get there as well.

I wasn't sure about F'n'A's R5 keys -- is the only difference between that and the base set is the addition of the Code key? If so I think it would have seen more traction if the R5 keycaps were replaced with windowed Fn ones instead. Maybe that could be an option for when you possibly run a group buy for just the dark grey alphas ;)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #389 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 10:12:26 »
F'n'A have different profile of course, but otherwise yes the CODE key and windowed blank F profile is the only legend difference.
Yes always a struggle with price. Only so much I can do to get it for 'cheap' when it made in Germany not China. Perhaps there is too few people that are willing to pay extra to have correct legend and correct row and size key for the less standard keyboard... or they simply have not looked here assuming that as usual their keyboard is not covered.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 June 2014, 10:15:54 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline Motan22

« Reply #390 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 10:35:28 »
Could you add an odd pack to my order please Ivan? I did save the URL somewhere but I am having trouble finding it.

Although I probably won't need any of the keys, hopefully we can encourage others to grab an odd pack for the benefit of those who need it.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #391 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 10:38:08 »
I ordered an ODD pack just for the R3 Control.  If this meets MOQ I'll likely be selling the rest of the pack at a discount for a 75% user.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #392 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 10:54:56 »
Thanks to those that order 'extra' items to help with MOQ. Also always to think, while you might not need some keys this moment, you never know when you might pick up some other keyboards. It might be really nice to have some keys for almost anything.

Offline chrisq

« Reply #393 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 13:06:11 »
Thanks to those that order 'extra' items to help with MOQ. Also always to think, while you might not need some keys this moment, you never know when you might pick up some other keyboards. It might be really nice to have some keys for almost anything.

Could you add an "ODD" pack to my order as well?
The url doesn't seem to work for editing my order.
If that is difficult, could you send me a link i could use to edit my order?

:thumb:

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #394 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 14:22:07 »
Wanted a Dolch set forever. Ordered. Thanks!

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #395 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 16:11:16 »
Ivan, can you sign me up for a color pack? I seem to have lost the original URL.

Thanks

Offline skuko

« Reply #396 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 16:20:05 »
google doc isn't loading for me at the time of typing.

Offline avtar

« Reply #397 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 16:39:03 »
google doc isn't loading for me at the time of typing.

Seems fine on my end. I can see my latest order changes.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #398 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 20:57:11 »
Please all if want to make changes just resubmit the form if your previous order link isn't working. Your old order will be replaced with your new order.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #399 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 23:02:36 »
Please all if want to make changes just resubmit the form if your previous order link isn't working. Your old order will be replaced with your new order.

Ivan,

Please forgive my extreme ignorance here but whereabouts have you posted a link to the current orders that were placed?  I would like to check what I have ordered to see if I need to get any more GMK goodness before the deadline hits me.

Just don't want to miss out on anything here.  Thanks  :thumb: .