Author Topic: PBT4 FULL SETS (COMPLETE)  (Read 384213 times)

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
Re: PBT4 FULL SETS (SHIPPING)
« Reply #1500 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:02:17 »
They finally arrived! I was so shocked to see the keycaps come so soon. I had to pay 4 bucks for customs XD I guess that's a plus for delivering to a 3rd world country. Anyways here are some shots with my phone (sorry guys!). I'll make sure to take more decent pictures if anyone is interested in seeing more of the amazing Ural set!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out that address! For it to arrive over 12,000kms away (and completely safely, might I add) is just mindboggling!  :eek: :eek:

The package next to my temporary setup, yes I know those white PBT caps are dirty as hell!!!!

Time to get out the trusty knife  :cool: :cool:

I have to say, looks damn amazing.

And for those with a very keen eye, yes that is a 24 carat gold P9981  ;D

First impressions, typing on these keys feel like a cross between PBT and ABS in terms of smoothness. Secondly, my typing is so much slower (EDIT: Cross that took about an hour to adjust XD), just not used to this cherry profile. 3rd, when your installing the keycaps yourself, don't be afraid to push it in tightly down if your using a custom aluminum case since the diamater for the keycaps have to be spot on. Lastly, I can't stop looking at these keycaps. Time to go back to playing Fallout 4 and maybe some STALKER ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:55:10 by Kira »

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #1501 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:22:10 »
They finally arrived! I was so shocked to see the keycaps come so soon. I had to pay 4 bucks for customs XD I guess that's a plus for delivering to a 3rd world country. Anyways here are some shots with my phone (sorry guys!). I'll make sure to take more decent pictures if anyone is interested in seeing more of the amazing Ural set!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show Image

Check out that address! For it to arrive over 12,000kms away (and completely safely, might I add) is just mindboggling!  :eek: :eek:

Show Image

The package next to my temporary setup, yes I know those white PBT caps are dirty as hell!!!!

Show Image

Show Image

First impressions, typing on these keys feel like a cross between PBT and ABS in terms of smoothness. Secondly, my typing is so much slower, just not used to this cherry profile. 3rd, when your installing the keycaps yourself, don't be afraid to push it in tightly down if your using a custom aluminum case since the diamater for the keycaps have to be spot on. Lastly, I can't stop looking at these keycaps. Time to go back to playing Fallout 4 and maybe some STALKER ;)

shouldn't you blur your address?

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1502 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 15:37:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

First impressions, typing on these keys feel like a cross between PBT and ABS in terms of smoothness. Secondly, my typing is so much slower, just not used to this cherry profile. 3rd, when your installing the keycaps yourself, don't be afraid to push it in tightly down if your using a custom aluminum case since the diamater for the keycaps have to be spot on. Lastly, I can't stop looking at these keycaps. Time to go back to playing Fallout 4 and maybe some STALKER ;)

I would if I was back home but in this case I won't why? Anyone in this country that sees my address can't bother me. This place is very corrupt so you if you have connections, your pretty much free to do anything you want. But thanks for the suggestion =)

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #1503 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:14:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I would if I was back home but in this case I won't why? Anyone in this country that sees my address can't bother me. This place is very corrupt so you if you have connections, your pretty much free to do anything you want. But thanks for the suggestion =)

Hows it like living in Bangladesh? Are you there for work or doing some sort volunteer program?

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
« Reply #1504 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 16:40:03 »
Nyc still waiting..

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1505 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 17:36:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hows it like living in Bangladesh? Are you there for work or doing some sort volunteer program?

It's actually not so bad as many might expect. You get to live like a king basically with your own servants, drivers, etc. I'm actually hear to complete my medical degree. It only takes 5 years here to become a doctor so I went the shorter path rather than the 11 years it would take back home! Thanks for asking.

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #1506 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 17:44:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It's actually not so bad as many might expect. You get to live like a king basically with your own servants, drivers, etc. I'm actually hear to complete my medical degree. It only takes 5 years here to become a doctor so I went the shorter path rather than the 11 years it would take back home! Thanks for asking.

Holy that is smart. 5 years in comparison to 11 years. Is school even harder or is just the course work shorter? And I'm assuming you get to use that degree in the your hometown NY right?

Offline Altis

« Reply #1507 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 18:13:31 »
No shipping notice or anything. Still waiting and hoping.  :-X
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1508 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 02:35:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Holy that is smart. 5 years in comparison to 11 years. Is school even harder or is just the course work shorter? And I'm assuming you get to use that degree in the your hometown NY right?

Yeah it was actually a quite smart thing to do especially when considering cost. Going to 4 years college and 4 years medical school would cost me minimum 400,000 dollars. But here I paid 50,000 dollars total and that has covered everything, no stupid student loans either.

As for course work, it's not harder persay. It's like imagine cramming 8 years of studies into 5 years and that what you get. When I finish I'll get a degree called MBBS which stands for Masters of Medicine and Surgery. When I go back to NY with this degree I'll need to take a licensing exam so that I can practice in NY so wish me the best =) That exam is quite hard something like the BAR exam :P

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #1509 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 06:06:03 »
Anyone in the UK got theirs yet?

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #1510 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 08:50:51 »
It's 2016 and I still haven't gotten mine :[

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1511 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 10:58:07 »
Anyone in the UK got theirs yet?

It's 2016 and I still haven't gotten mine :[

Relax guys. You'll be getting your keycaps very soon believe me. i had mine sent from US all the way to a South Eastern country right next to India perfectly fine. You guys will definitely get your stuff so chill and be very excited =)

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #1512 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 11:03:27 »
So how do these sets compare to the last round of Ivan's PBT? I can see that Odessa turned out to be pretty awesome to say the least.

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1513 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 11:15:22 »
So how do these sets compare to the last round of Ivan's PBT? I can see that Odessa turned out to be pretty awesome to say the least.

Think of these keycaps as a V2 of the previous round. The colors came out perfectly, texture is between ABS/PBT, and most of all they feel great to type on!

One slight gripe, the arrows keys for the front and back are not in the middle instead they are positioned slightly to the left.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 January 2016, 11:17:04 by Kira »

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #1514 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 11:16:22 »

Think of these keycaps as a V2 of the previous round. The colors came out perfectly, texture is between ABS/PBT, and most of all they feel great to type on!

Sounds great, I wish I would have gotten one of the sets for myself!

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1515 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 11:17:37 »

I'm sure some people are out trying to sell their '98 sets I think, not sure exactly.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #1516 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 11:23:15 »

I'm sure some people are out trying to sell their '98 sets I think, not sure exactly.

Why would they? O:

But if any of those people is reading this right now, hit me up!

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1517 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 11:29:26 »

Why would they? O:

But if any of those people is reading this right now, hit me up!

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would want to sell their set XD But check a few pages back in this thread I'm pretty sure a few people wanted to sell their sets.

Offline Sempre

« Reply #1518 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 11:35:29 »
I received mine a while ago but here are some pics

I really like the windows key

Thanks to Ivan :thumb: and all who joined this GB!

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1519 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 11:41:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Your welcome, and again thanks to Ivan for such an amazing GB. NO GB is ever perfect or on time but damn these keycaps really came out PERFECT!
BTW Sempre, did you notice how the up and down arrow keys are not centered?

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1520 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 12:18:27 »
Some more glamor shots of the oh so fine URAL set!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Looks damn sexy, what you guys think ;)

Offline Sempre

« Reply #1521 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 13:31:02 »

Show Image

Show Image

Your welcome, and again thanks to Ivan for such an amazing GB. NO GB is ever perfect or on time but damn these keycaps really came out PERFECT!

Nice Ural set!

And yes they are not centered, but it doesn't bother me because it's not a mistake. Notice that all the legends, except the windows keys, are situated to the left. This is the case in other cherry replicas.

For example look at the arrows in this GMK TA set:

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1522 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 22:06:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice Ural set!

And yes they are not centered, but it doesn't bother me because it's not a mistake. Notice that all the legends, except the windows keys, are situated to the left. This is the case in other cherry replicas.

For example look at the arrows in this GMK TA set:
Show Image

Thanks! And yeah it's not really bothering me and looking at the layout it looks intentional. =)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1523 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 22:21:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

This is a really nice set, all you need now is a black on red escape key to go perfectly with it.

Offline Sempre

« Reply #1524 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 23:48:02 »
This is a really nice set, all you need now is a black on red escape key to go perfectly with it.

Thanks! Yeah I'm just waiting for the GMK RGBYK set from MD

Offline TheNacho

« Reply #1525 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 06:51:53 »
Really looking forward to my Japanese set here. I really need some more keyboards for all the keysets :D
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

'93 Model M (bolt modded) -|- Novatouch 55g

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #1526 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 22:00:18 »
To people who have received their sets already, did you get shipping notification through PayPal, or did it just show up one day?

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #1527 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 22:15:41 »
To people who have received their sets already, did you get shipping notification through PayPal, or did it just show up one day?

Mine just showed up in the mailbox one day.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #1528 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 06:57:28 »
Asking for a friend, will there be round 5 of this?

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1529 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 07:52:29 »
I dont think my new address ever got updated =(

Hope the people at my old apartment like key caps. ...

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #1530 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 12:21:26 »

I'm sure there are still people waiting on theirs.
Seems weird tho.
People in my city have gotten  theirs as early as the 23rd.
And I'm just sitting here like  :-[
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 12:23:38 by fknraiden »

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1531 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:55:33 »
Should have gotten in on a Cherry Irish or Cherry Green set.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1532 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 07:48:01 »
still waiting here :'(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1533 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 12:39:10 »

Mine just showed up in the mailbox one day.

Same here. 

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1534 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 12:43:57 »

I'm sure there are still people waiting on theirs.
Seems weird tho.
People in my city have gotten  theirs as early as the 23rd.
And I'm just sitting here like  :-[

Mmm I waited till he came back to tell him my address change.

I think I got to him to late haha.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1535 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 21:36:51 »

Show Image

That window key.... ill do dirty things to have one of that   :-[
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1536 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 21:37:32 »
Scored a 98 set! My keyset craving is finally satisfied.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1537 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 21:40:03 »
so mean  :'(
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline justnits

« Reply #1538 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 01:45:13 »
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1539 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:48:44 »
so mean  :'(

He just thinks it's satisfied.  It will be back.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1540 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:52:07 »
I managed to score a Miami/Odessa set that'll be in tomorrow. When I saw Hoff's post I was bummed that I didn't have the opportunity to get in the group buy. Glad I lucked out and scored a set secondhand.

Offline TheNacho

« Reply #1541 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 06:47:22 »
Okay, the keyboard I want to put them on arrived. Now for the caps :D
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

'93 Model M (bolt modded) -|- Novatouch 55g

Offline ceflame

« Reply #1542 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 16:39:35 »

Japanese set on a white board. Anyone else wondering how much of each set was produced?

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1543 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 16:40:11 »
Show Image

Japanese set on a white board. Anyone else wondering how much of each set was produced?

He used to have numbers in the main post.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1544 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:40:41 »
Show Image

Beautiful combo

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #1545 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:51:42 »
Coming in at a month since first order fulfillment. Any idea when this will be completed? I've had a board sitting in a box waiting on these caps for over a year.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1546 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 08:14:58 »

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #1547 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 09:07:03 »
Got my stuff today, thanks as always Ivan great job  :thumb:

The Irish set looks gorgeous and from the renders I wasn't so into the font used on the japanese set, but in person it looks much nicer I think, it really goes nicely with the hiragana legends.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1548 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 10:04:20 »
Just caught up with the thread after being busy for months.

Glad to read Ivan is ok and orders were sent out.

Seeing the pics of the new Miami Set make me hate myself for not ordering one.

The colors are so much better than my set from Round 2 :(

Offline Acerk

• I pay attention to details!
« Reply #1549 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:07:50 »
Got my Cherry98 today. Thanks so much Ivan!  ;) Wasn't expecting them to be sorted like that. What a breeze.