Author Topic: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy  (Read 1219015 times)

Offline ph3nomzlol

• Ruckus
Re: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 13:59:19 »
Elton, tell me my order made it into the 30?!  :'(

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:00:10 »
I couldn't help myself, got an order placed. I have to admit, I'm a bit shaky atm.
Yeah, I can feel you! ;)

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:02:05 »
I'm so tempted to sell my beast RF87 for this..........
null

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:02:33 »
am I in the 30 sets?  :eek:
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline Want

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:04:27 »
I couldn't help myself, got an order placed. I have to admit, I'm a bit shaky atm.
For those looking for stabilizers, you might want to check Sprit's GB for legit ballin stabs and springs: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.0
And congratz all on ordering a pretty baller keyboard.

That GB just sells the wires, * Cherry Stabs : All Gold-plated Wires Only : 1set (5pcs) = $12   *

My bad, totally missed that. Thanks for correcting me, I don't wanna mislead people.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:04:39 »
BTW we're already at 30 sets

This is why I begged you not to start it this weekend  :))

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:04:57 »
Holy crap... Only thirty units...

I'm guessing I'm going to be too late for this round =S

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:05:09 »

I just got to my computer and saw that this thread was up. I'm sitting over here debating whether I want the acrylic bottom or not even though I have a RS84 coming in. I GUESS IT DOESNT MATTER ANYMORE

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:06:26 »
you can still order though. it will just take more time!
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:06:37 »

I just got to my computer and saw that this thread was up. I'm sitting over here debating whether I want the acrylic bottom or not even though I have a RS84 coming in. I GUESS IT DOESNT MATTER ANYMORE

You can still get in. Your order will just take longer.
null

Offline elton5354

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:09:15 »
Or the first 30 paid orders will get in ;)

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:11:12 »
Does someone have experience maybe from previous Korean group buys on what additional costs can I expect when ordering this to Europe or specifically Germany?

I wasn't sure what I paid for my Viper but I think it was around 45€ shipping and 30-40€ import costs? To be on the save side you can calculate final cost of the keyboard + 90€.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:12:32 »
Elton, tell me my order made it into the 30?!  :'(

^ this
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:12:43 »
Does someone have experience maybe from previous Korean group buys on what additional costs can I expect when ordering this to Europe or specifically Germany?

I wasn't sure what I paid for my Viper but I think it was around 45€ shipping and 30-40€ import costs? To be on the save side you can calculate final cost of the keyboard + 90€.
Got it, thanks! :-*

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:14:32 »

I wasn't sure what I paid for my Viper but I think it was around 45� shipping and 30-40� import costs? To be on the save side you can calculate final cost of the keyboard + 90�.

For Germany it will cost the following
Keyboard cost (depending on what you order)
+19% VAT (you might be lucky and it passes through customs without, but you shouldnt count on it)
+Shipping Costs (around 50$)
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:20:20 by kacase »

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:17:16 »

Got it, thanks! :-*

Since Elton said somewhere that this would be $59 to germany I would add another 10€ to that since my Viper shipping costs were $48 ;D

Order placed!  Couldn't wait for this to start!  Thanks so much for doing this!

Black winkeyless top with that flat acrylic bottom  :thumb:

Although, I may change it to the angled acrylic bottom... Hmmmm!  Or the top to silver...the possibilities!

What do you guys think of the top colors?  Any favs?

I got the same thing! Black winkeyless top, flat acryllic bottom and a plastic plate. Along with that I'll be using original Cherry WoB or Dolch, and MAYBE white or sky blue LEDs on WASD and F-row. It will be a very stealthy yet classy looking board. :)

I can't wait.  :'(

Also I think Elton will be listing the first 30 orders in the OP in the near future, correct? :-* :thumb:

order sheet already up.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:24:16 by Fnzzy »

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:18:36 »
That was the fast for 30 orders...

Offline pr1me

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:24:59 »
Sorry you cannot order top casing alone even if you have already ordered a whole set.

If you are planning to buy extra bottom and top casing, why not buy another set as you will need another PCB anyway? :D

I'll probably do that, possible to change my order?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:27:51 »
I'll probably do that, possible to change my order?

Yeah, just PM me.  I would advise not to change it too far in, say a month later.

Also the shipping to Germany estimate was just an estimate.  I'll have the weights of each item on Monday.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:31:33 »

I wasn't sure what I paid for my Viper but I think it was around 45� shipping and 30-40� import costs? To be on the save side you can calculate final cost of the keyboard + 90�.

+19% VAT (you might be lucky and it passes through customs without, but you shouldnt count on it)
Thanks a lot for doing the calculation!

Do you really think there's any way this will slip through customs without paying VAT? I mean the box will be huge and heavy and I don't think Elton will declare its value as €20. Did this happen to you before?

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:32:13 »
what would you guys say is the best plate for ergo clears? My order has a steel plate atm, but I'm not sure whether aluminum or plastic might be even be better.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:33:29 »

Do you really think there's any way this will slip through customs without paying VAT? I mean the box will be huge and heavy and I don't think Elton will declare its value as €20. Did this happen to you before?

Everytime I had to pick something up I had to show the invoice and payment confirmation (even for small baggies with keycaps) so I would not count on that :D

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:34:46 »
what would you guys say is the best plate for ergo clears? My order has a steel plate atm, but I'm not sure whether aluminum or plastic might be even be better.

Using 62g Ergo-Clears on my Viper right now (stainless steel plate). I would say that the switches itself are already pretty soft, so I would go with one of the heavier material plates.

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:35:28 »

Do you really think there's any way this will slip through customs without paying VAT? I mean the box will be huge and heavy and I don't think Elton will declare its value as �20. Did this happen to you before?

It happened to me before twice. Once it was a brand new set of keycaps (DSA Dolch) from SP with the correct Value declared (around 100$) and it went straight through to my mailbox. The other time it was a used TKL, but chances are very very very slim that it will go through without you having to pay VAT.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:38:18 »
Depends on how loud you want your switches.

Steel (loudest) - Alu (less but still loud) - Plastic (not loud)

Duck introduced the plastic plate as the "non-click" plate on the Korean forums.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:38:29 »

Everytime I had to pick something up I had to show the invoice and payment confirmation (even for small baggies with keycaps) so I would not count on that :D
Now that I think about it: When I got my Quickfire Rapid from Korea, it was declared as €20 and came through without paying extra even though the package was quite sizeable. I also got a $170 shipment from Taobao with no custom fees as well, even though I've told my agent to put the actual value on the package.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:42:43 »
OK, this might be a really silly question. I thought the Orion V2 would come with an ISO option, or was it just a dream? Saw some nice pictures of the ISO plate and/or PCB.

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:43:58 »

Duck introduced the plastic plate as the "non-click" plate on the Korean forums.

thanks for clearing that up! So the sound from the switches gets absorbed easiest by plastic, followed by alu and lastly steel; makes total sense from a physical perspective :)

what about the feeling? will it change as well? so softest plastic to hardest steel?

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:47:08 »
Ordered :)

Offline frostylove

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:50:20 »
When I found this thread 18 people have placed their order, but when I decided what type of plate and bottom should I have and finally send my order, looks like I'm out of the first batch of 30  :llama: :llama:

Hope it takes less than 2 months to get it in my hands.
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:50:32 »

The noise is irrelevant if you use o-rings right?  What plate is the most sturdy?  I saw on some post on GH recently where a plate which could be bent was showcased, is that the plastic plate available here?  Also, some people have said that they feel like mx clears  feel better with a pcb mounted board, if that is true, wouldn't the true flagship board feature a plate which is bendable (imitates a pcb mounted only board) but as the case has a plate the keyboard has "sturdiness" as people talk about. 
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline reaxas

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:52:46 »
Order placed! Can't wait!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:54:30 »

The noise is irrelevant if you use o-rings right?  What plate is the most sturdy?  I saw on some post on GH recently where a plate which could be bent was showcased, is that the plastic plate available here?  Also, some people have said that they feel like mx clears  feel better with a pcb mounted board, if that is true, wouldn't the true flagship board feature a plate which is bendable (imitates a pcb mounted only board) but as the case has a plate the keyboard has "sturdiness" as people talk about.
Link to the post

I've decided for a plastic plate for 62g Clears. Am interested how it'll feel.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:56:31 »
Hey Elton
I just put my order in and really hoping I can get in with the first 30! I don't see any pictures with the flat acrylic bottom and that what I ordered as I'm not sure i like the extreme angle. Anyways this is going to be my first custom and I'm not sure what choose for a plate and if I will need another PCB incase I screw up the first one. Is there anyone who can list me a short explanation of the differences between plates I'm not getting much info online. Also I hope I can change my plate material if I decide on a different type. This is really great and I am very excited! Thank you so much  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline elton5354

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:02:23 »
OK, this might be a really silly question. I thought the Orion V2 would come with an ISO option, or was it just a dream? Saw some nice pictures of the ISO plate and/or PCB.

ISO is supported for MX PCB

Hey Elton
I just put my order in and really hoping I can get in with the first 30! I don't see any pictures with the flat acrylic bottom and that what I ordered as I'm not sure i like the extreme angle. Anyways this is going to be my first custom and I'm not sure what choose for a plate and if I will need another PCB incase I screw up the first one. Is there anyone who can list me a short explanation of the differences between plates I'm not getting much info online. Also I hope I can change my plate material if I decide on a different type. This is really great and I am very excited! Thank you so much  :thumb:

Some pictures here with flat acrylic bottom with feet

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2381083&mid=board_Lsno50

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:03:03 »

Well "noise" also means how your keypress impact reverberates through the board - something that happens with or without o-rings. So you will still feel a difference, it will just be dampened with o-rings.

Stainless steel is the most study one. I've seen titanium plates around before too, but that's obviously not a choice here.

Yes - people have differing opinions on PCB vs Plate-mount boards. Since a PCB mounted board has less shared surfaces (1 instead of 2) between switches there is a lower chance of being able to feel the reverberations of adjacent key presses. As a conveat to this the PCB may be subject to bending if not supported properly - so you may feel more of that bending instead. But how all of this feels to the user is subjective and opinions have always been scattered on it.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:11:52 »
Can we change the brightness of the SMD LEDs? I am not able to change the brightness of the LEDs on my Viper (or I am just too stupid to find it lol).

Offline CyriusG

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:12:18 »
Are RGB SMD leds installed as standard or do you have to install those yourself?

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:15:12 »
Will we be able to get the aluminum plates colored?
Zealio Master Race

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:19:54 »
Are RGB SMD leds installed as standard or do you have to install those yourself?

Those are installed. The only thing you need to solder are switches and in switch LEDs.

Offline ImDaBaron

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:20:14 »
Tempting

Offline CyriusG

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:21:49 »

Those are installed. The only thing you need to solder are switches and in switch LEDs.

Great, the previous Duck keyboards had standard LEDs so I was a bit unsure if it came with standard or RGB LEDs.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:25:30 »
thanks for clearing that up! So the sound from the switches gets absorbed easiest by plastic, followed by alu and lastly steel; makes total sense from a physical perspective :)

what about the feeling? will it change as well? so softest plastic to hardest steel?
Yes the feeling changes but it will be more noticeable to those who have heavier keystrokes (bottoming out). So yeah, as you can probably imagine, the harder plates will feel harder and the softer plates will feel softer. Not sure how much my explanation helps LOL.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:29:08 »

Yes the feeling changes but it will be more noticeable to those who have heavier keystrokes (bottoming out). So yeah, as you can probably imagine, the harder plates will feel harder and the softer plates will feel softer. Not sure how much my explanation helps LOL.
Perfect explanation!
+100
null

Offline orcinus

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:38:52 »
Aw, crud, completely forgot about this and ended up late.
Any indication on what the lead times will be for people >30?

Offline MarkRobbo

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:41:00 »
I second interest in stabilizers and winkey blockers along with the group buy if it would be possible  :thumb:

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:48:54 »
I second interest in stabilizers and winkey blockers along with the group buy if it would be possible  :thumb:

Thirded
Zealio Master Race

Offline elton5354

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 16:13:12 »
There won't be any blockers, but I'm not sure if they have enough stabilizers.  I will get back to you on this.

Depending on the extra orders, if less than 30, then it will be around a month longer.

Not sure on the LED dimming question..anyone with Octagon want to input on this?

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 16:17:12 »

^^
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #99 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 16:25:30 »
Will we be able to get the aluminum plates colored?

Not from the GB, but you can probably get it colored locally.