Author Topic: Last Re5ort, Murd3r ?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Last Re5ort, Murd3r ?
« on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 16:30:45 »
Rabbi7 keeps eating cucumber plant...   Tp4 reckon he augh' Ki11z Bugz'Bvnny.

Thoughts ?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Last Re5ort, Murd3r ?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 17:28:05 »
Are you sure that it is a rabbit?

There are lots of rabbits in my yard and my cucumber is one of the few things they can reach (I have raised beds) but they are leaving it alone. Last year there were cucumbers that I harvested off the ground, as I remember.

But one answer is to get one of those wire dog cages. I got one that is about a 4' cube (no roof) for $15 at a yard sale a couple of years ago.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 17:47:12 »
yes 100% rabbi7 posit1ve,  visually confirmed.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 18:20:40 »
It's a rabbit and that means he surely has a friend and likely many sons and daughters to replace him.  What have you tried in the way of defences that this critter not renowned for it's cunning or intelligence has defeated?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 20:11:31 »
defense netting, live capture/release apparatus, physical and sonic intimidation.

suspect lvl 99 rabb17

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 20:49:51 »
Rabbits can be quite delicious, especially if they have been eating fresh veggies. No poisons or traps that can stress them out, rabbit is already a kind of tough meat. You want a slow cook, and minimal stress for a delicious slow braise.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 20:54:49 »
if tactics successful, return to nature, /compost

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 21:18:01 »

Rabbits can be quite delicious

I may look into getting a trap.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 June 2022, 09:30:19 »
My advice TP? You'll never kill all the rabbits. There will always be more to replace them. So what you have to do in accept your fate...

Rabbits can be quite delicious

I may look into getting a trap.

They have like, 0 nutritional value though. There's even a form of starvation called "Rabbit starvation" where the person eats so much rabbit that they wither away.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 17 June 2022, 09:30:59 »
Also I hope y'all realize hunting and trapping laws exist for rabbits, so read up on that before you get trigger happy.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 17 June 2022, 09:37:58 »

There's even a form of starvation called "Rabbit starvation"

I'm pretty sure that is a phenomenon where people eat only rabbit, presumably because there are no other food sources available, and develop nutritional deficiencies.

No danger to TP4 in that scenario.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 17 June 2022, 09:50:02 »
Tp4 immune to rabbi7 starvation, tp4 haz Cilantr0 p0wr

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 17 June 2022, 10:17:34 »

hunting and trapping laws

In Tennessee you can hunt and trap rabbits (and other "nuisance" animals) on your own property year-round without license or permit.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 00:35:16 »

hunting and trapping laws

In Tennessee you can hunt and trap rabbits (and other "nuisance" animals) on your own property year-round without license or permit.

When I lived in Colorado we had the same for groundhogs and gophers, some counties even paid you to kill them on your property.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 02:49:38 »
This has been bothering me because it's so unnatural.  It's supposed to be "survival of the fittest" and I lament humanity's unwillingness to accept this (spending disproportionate amounts of money on healthcare and adaptations so people who are incapable of living can exist for years) and now bugz is on the chopping block for reaching lvl 99 while his dopey brothers and sisters hop free :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 04:00:26 »
Murder the rabbit. It's the only way.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 07:28:38 »
This has been bothering me because it's so unnatural.  It's supposed to be "survival of the fittest" and I lament humanity's unwillingness to accept this (spending disproportionate amounts of money on healthcare and adaptations so people who are incapable of living can exist for years) and now bugz is on the chopping block for reaching lvl 99 while his dopey brothers and sisters hop free :(

Survival of the fittest is a partial understanding of the earth ecosystem.  If all the ants die , life on earth dies. no ant can defeat humans in physical combat.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 07:29:28 »

his dopey brothers and sisters hop free

Classic supply and demand.

We grow these beautiful gardens full of abundant food (massive supply) and then expect all the hungry creatures of the planet (tremendous demand) to just leave it alone.

Humans have been extremely successful at sending species into extinction, but the rabbit is not among them.

You can't eliminate (or even significantly reduce) demand, but you might exercise some control over supply. Wire fences are the best simple cheap defense.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 05:39:10 »
Rabbi7 keeps eating cucumber plant...   Tp4 reckon he augh' Ki11z Bugz'Bvnny.

Thoughts ?

Show Image

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::