Author Topic: Chalkboard / Whiteboard Paint?  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
Chalkboard / Whiteboard Paint?
« on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 11:50:17 »
I just had a stupid idea.  :-X

Has anyone ever attempted to dip or paint keycaps with a whiteboard or chalkboard paint? The paints are out there, and I see people using nail polish to mod keycaps, so -- anyone ever try it? I'm just trying to picture a matte black chalkboard set of keycaps, with legends chalked right on. Sure, you would probably mess up the legends while typing, and it may feel weird, and chalk dust + PCB = not good, but still... wondering if it's been tried.

A whiteboard topped keycap... do those things smudge, or do they only erase with the proper wipe?

Just thinking out loud.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."