Author Topic: Hi Geekhack, New keyboard enthusiast checking in.  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Zarlek

Hi Geekhack, New keyboard enthusiast checking in.
« on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 09:08:18 »
Hello to all, ive been lurking this site for some time now figured it was time i signed up and introduced myself.

Thanks to geekhack i now find keycaps and keyboards circling in my mind constantly and this is quickly escalating to be an obsession ;D

So thanks to lurking and reading for a while now ive decided to ditch my blackwidow and i will be purchasing a filco some time next week. Couple questions, i live in uk but im wandering if i should be purchasing an  ISO layout or ANSI. Do most group buys come with the option of ISO Kits or should i go with the ANSI layout??

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hi Geekhack, New keyboard enthusiast checking in.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 19:26:26 »
Welcome to Geekhack and definitely go with ANSI.  It'll be a lot easier, and cheaper should you want to change the keycaps.  ;)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 20:10:06 »
definitely ANSI. SP doesn't even have molds for half the ISO caps people want, and the demand is very small since most people use ANSI, so it's very difficult to meet MOQ.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 August 2012, 20:11:36 »
If I'd to do it again, I'd go AINSI

But I rock both now.