Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Vintage

Hey!
« on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 15:44:11 »
Hey! Just decided to stop my lurking and make an account.

One of the reasons I have joined is to keep up to date with the WASD keyboard company. I really like them, and I am waiting for the V2's TKL release for my first mech. I have been wanting a mech board for a while to replace this decent but cheap Logitech slim board. I do know a bit about mechs from reading over the last few months though.I was originally going to get the CM Storm QFR but I figure if I am going to spend that much on a board I might as well get exactly what I want for 20$-30$ more.IMO it's more justified than the extra money you pay for a Filco. At the moment I have tried the MX blues, MX Browns, and MX Blacks at my local Microcenter. Wanted to try Reds but they did not have them on easy access. pretty sure I like a bit of tactile feel in the switch a bit more anyway and they are supposed to be a good hybrid switch (school work + gaming).    ;D

Anyway, See you guys around!
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Hey!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 15:45:57 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 15:52:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Don't forget to check the WASD vendor forum here.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 15:55:42 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 17:20:28 »
Welcome and never go to the Classifieds or Group Buys sections! :D
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 16:49:23 »
Welcome to GH.

Good on you for going to MC to try out switches!

So you are going to go with browns once WASD releases the tenkeyless?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 16:49:47 »

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 20:58:49 »
Welcome to the Club.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 23:45:13 »
Welcome to GH...

At the moment I have tried the MX blues, MX Browns, and MX Blacks at my local Microcenter.

Wow, the one time I asked to try out keyboards at Microcenter, the floor manager got instantly perturbed and in an angry voice told me not to open any of the boxes. He really came off as a pea-brained idiot. They also seem to think that mech keyboards are too fragile to put on display.  :rolleyes:
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 12:28:45 »
Welcome to GH!
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK

Offline skryl

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 17:59:06 »
Hello and welcome mate!
Leopold FC200R Otaku MX Brown | Leopold FC200R Otaku MX Blue | SIIG Minitouch XM White | Noppoo Choc Mini MX Red | Ducky 1087 XM Green | Leopold FC200R MX Red | Apple M0116 Salmon Alps | Realforce 86U Topre

Offline Rinsaku

• lorem ipsum
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 04:23:20 »
Welcome to Geekhack! Cm storm are awesome build quality for the price, if you get one you wont be dissapointed. See ya around! ^^
Current Boards : Apple m0116 (Salmon Alps), B.Face (Mx Clears), Filco Tkl (Mx Blues), HHKB Pro JP (Topre), Jd45 (78g Zealios), KBParadise v60 (Gateron Yellows), KBParadise v60 (Matias Quiet Click), Kbt Pure (Kailh Bronze), Leopold FC660M (Mx Browns), Minidox (Mod-H), Pok3r (62g Zealios)