Author Topic: Oherro!  (Read 2211 times)

Offline dn7sy

Oherro!
« on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 08:56:17 »
Hi all!

Thought I would get my obligatory "Hi, I'm the new guy" post out of the way. I'm not sure what started me down this path, but I'm pretty sure it was a cheap Cherry MX Blues board given to me by a friend for a birthday gift. Now I find myself looking for other keyboards often times purely out of curiosity. My only other board is another blue one, a Filco MJ TKL. On the hunt for a KBT Pure or something similarly sized now!

Best,
D

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Oherro!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 08:57:19 »
Welcome to Geekhack! Enjoy yourself:)

Offline dn7sy

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 09:08:05 »
Whoa, what are the odds that the first reply would be a fellow Wisconsinite! :)

Have you been getting dumped on with snow finally, too?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 09:14:32 »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 09:24:05 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Re: Oherro!
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 10:13:51 »
Whoa, what are the odds that the first reply would be a fellow Wisconsinite! :)

Have you been getting dumped on with snow finally, too?
Not a flake here...:(

Offline dn7sy

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 11:07:13 »
Geez, and I thought the entire state was getting pounded.  We've got some here and I know up north and closer to MN I thought it was even worse.  I think Eau Claire got like 14" or something the other night!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 20:40:09 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The snow sounds nice, given that Australia (Melbourne at least) is currently experiencing a week of 30+ temperatures.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dn7sy

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 21:21:01 »
Haha, it's not too bad. I also pulled the trigger on a KBT Pure today so.. you know.. that'll help me get through this winter  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 23:31:33 »
Nice :)  Now get yourself some custom keycaps and you will be set.

Btw when I said 30+ degrees it was celsius.  You probably have around 30 degrees farenheit lol.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dn7sy

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 08:43:15 »
Haha, yikes BRR! You are correct sir, and it's actually warmed up a bit here so I've got nothing to complain about ;)

I just put some green blanks on my other keyboard at home

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 14:55:05 »
That's a nice Christmas theme you have going there ;)

Offline mrboli

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 15 December 2012, 22:19:53 »
Looks like after eight
KBD67 Zealios V2 65g | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL MX Black | Razer BlackWidow

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 15 December 2012, 22:22:41 »
Good thing we posts in this section don't count... -_-