Author Topic: Hey, what's up  (Read 2242 times)

Offline tortilla

Hey, what's up
« on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 15:15:45 »
I'm new to mechanical keyboards and lurked for a couple of days as I was researching keyboards.  Read a ton of threads here and thank you because they were very helpful.  I'm typing this message on my new keyboard, the HHKB Pro 2.

Loving the feel so far. Still trying to get used to having the no arrow keys, but it's not too bad. 

Here's a pic

« Last Edit: Wed, 19 December 2012, 15:18:03 by tortilla »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hey, what's up
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 16:09:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Jumping in at the deep end, I see ;)

That's a nice clean setup you have there.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tortilla

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 16:54:23 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Jumping in at the deep end, I see ;)

That's a nice clean setup you have there.

Thanks, but to be honest, that's a staged shot because I just received the keyboard today. Usually I'll have papers and junk all over my desk.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 18:31:45 »
Haha, nice first mech keyboard you got there.  Welcome to Geekhack!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 19:01:44 »
Thanks, but to be honest, that's a staged shot because I just received the keyboard today. Usually I'll have papers and junk all over my desk.

Wish I had enough space to clear the junk off my desk.  Every flat surface is covered with crap treasured belongings.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tortilla

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 20:40:12 »
Haha, nice first mech keyboard you got there.  Welcome to Geekhack!  :)

Thanks, good to be here.

My original research started at Noppoo Choco Mini > KBC Poker > Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 > KBT Pure or Race... then I finally decided to go with the HHKB because it seemed to be a good fit for my needs.  I really dig the feel of the keys and the noise now.  :)

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 21:08:53 »
Welcome to GeekHack!
And woah  ^-^ clean desk.
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 20 December 2012, 15:17:07 »
Welcome to GH!  :p

Offline Vintage

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 20 December 2012, 18:01:23 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice Topre as well.  :D
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline tortilla

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 20 December 2012, 19:58:59 »
Thanks Vintage, Gupgup, razorsharpgears. Good to be here.

First day of real work (coding) and I really love this keyboard.  Love the sounds which makes me feel so productive.  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 20 December 2012, 20:42:32 »
Just be aware that if the typing sounds stop, people might think you are not being productive ;)