Author Topic: kishy's website is MOVING!  (Read 820 times)

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
kishy's website is MOVING!
« on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 14:46:12 »
Bit of a self-serving PSA here, but since I do pull in a couple hundred mostly unique hits in a typical week and I'm sure most of them are people from here, here we go:

Due to Dyn's discontinuation of free services effective May 7, and my own lack of time/patience to continue maintaining my own hosted-from-home setup, and feeling bad about making people load images at 0.5Mb/s (my upload speed at home), I have registered a domain name and paid for hosting.

My site has moved to kishy.ca and I plan to maintain that domain as my own for all of the foreseeable future.

A 301 'moved permanently' redirect is being used to try to offset to damage to search engines, but once the old domain name dies, they won't help with forum posts. There is no guarantee that the search engine crawlers will fully figure it out by May 7 but hopefully a good chunk of those links will switch over...

Everything has been or is being moved over, the net effects will just be the new domain name and faster response. My goal is for all links to work with just changing the domain name.

Ah, change.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 April 2014, 22:56:17 by kishy »
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca