Author Topic: The Bike Thread!  (Read 218845 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: The Bike Thread!
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 16:11:33 »
Anyone get one of those motor kits?

Looks fun...

I haven't looked into the motor kits, but I've noticed more e-bike mtb ads/promotions recently. A lot of the feedback so far seems really polarized or a love it or hate it attitude. I think it's a cool concept, but definitely not for everyone.

here's a new specialized e-bike promo video if anyone's interested: https://player.vimeo.com/video/191759944

I just want a cheapo kit to scoot to and from wawa on my snack runs.. no need to get fancy.. It's kind of a pain to start the car, back out, shift, drive 800 meters, park, get out, lock, get snack, unlock, shift, drive, park, eat snack
Show Image

ah, but in your car, u can fit many snacks... no need to go back anytime soon :)

Wawa is only for emergency snack runs..   If I want maximum snacks, I drive to costco.. //FAT

Offline scoobs0311

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 17:06:36 »
Anyone get one of those motor kits?

Looks fun...

I haven't looked into the motor kits, but I've noticed more e-bike mtb ads/promotions recently. A lot of the feedback so far seems really polarized or a love it or hate it attitude. I think it's a cool concept, but definitely not for everyone.

here's a new specialized e-bike promo video if anyone's interested: https://player.vimeo.com/video/191759944

I just want a cheapo kit to scoot to and from wawa on my snack runs.. no need to get fancy.. It's kind of a pain to start the car, back out, shift, drive 800 meters, park, get out, lock, get snack, unlock, shift, drive, park, eat snack
Show Image

ah, but in your car, u can fit many snacks... no need to go back anytime soon :)

Wawa is only for emergency snack runs..   If I want maximum snacks, I drive to costco.. //FAT

Lmao :D Costco is def best place for maximum snackage

Offline dante

« Reply #402 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 19:17:40 »
Are any of you guys rocking friction shifters?  If so, what do you think?

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #403 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 20:51:19 »
I think they are retro grouch stuff. I mean, all my future bikes will have electronic shifting, let alone indexed mechanical.  But some bike tourers really like them. Easy to set up and maintain. My set is on my dads old '74 Raleigh international. That bike will have nuovo record on it forever. While it's a nice bike, it's nowhere as nice to ride as the new stuff.

Thinking more about it--it's like not installing a desktop environment on your computer. Sure you can, and a few people even do, but why?
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2016, 20:53:44 by Spopepro »

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #404 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 21:21:26 »

my bike has them, other than their placement on my bike which I am not used to they function fine.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #405 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 14:55:16 »
I just scored a great deal on a closeout of the Garmin Vector II power meter! After the holidays I should get a chance to get back on the boards and Ill update about how it is.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #406 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 15:45:26 »
Rocking partial friction shifters. But that is because I am using a particularly weird setup where I just need to switch between two modes.

From what I've read they are less than ideal on modern 9+ speed bikes because the tolerances are too small.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #407 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 07:25:12 »
I will start us off!

Here is my primary bike, a Trek Remedy 9 27.5:
Show Image

I also own a Trek 1.2 that I use for general getting around/commuting to work/occasional road ride.. The perks of working at a bike shop..  :p

Trek is so good,I like Road bike but Trek is so expensive,only have one not very good 451 small Road bike.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2016, 08:03:46 by lovechan »

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #408 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 08:00:03 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2016, 08:11:53 by lovechan »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #409 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 16:28:57 »
Hey guys, Im looking for a new computer to go with my new power meter. Does anyone have recomendations for budget (preferably garmin) bike computers?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #410 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 16:41:38 »
Hey guys, Im looking for a new computer to go with my new power meter. Does anyone have recomendations for budget (preferably garmin) bike computers?

I have the Edge 25 and like it a lot. It is pretty new and small and does everything that I need! Check out Dcrainmaker's reviews, he does good stuff.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #411 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 17:18:17 »

I have the Edge 25 and like it a lot. It is pretty new and small and does everything that I need! Check out Dcrainmaker's reviews, he does good stuff.

I really really like how it looks! unfortunately isnt power meter compatible :'(
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #412 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 21:01:26 »

I really really like how it looks! unfortunately isnt power meter compatible :'(

Oh darn, didn't notice that. I guess you have to go higher in price than :(

Offline scoobs0311

« Reply #413 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 08:37:50 »

A friend of mine has the Garmin 520 and loves it. From what I've seen of it, the GPS features work really well, and it can be paired with a variety of ANT+ sensors (including power). It retails for $299, but I've seen it on sale many times. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/166370

I use the vivoactive watch (mainly for GPS). Not sure if it supports ANT+ power yet, but I've seen mention of some 3rd party app developers working on it. You can find one of these for about $100.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 02:57:40 »
Anyone has tried putting some 26" tires on a 28" CX bike? Been thinking about this for a few evenings now and want to try it out just goofs.

What would be the pros/cons for daily riding (mostly pavement with the occasional off-road on evenings and weekends)? And no - it's not for the winter time, just been eager to get back on the bike and already fantasizing about the season.

More

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 January 2017, 02:59:40 by funderburker »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #415 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 09:41:09 »
Anyone has tried putting some 26" tires on a 28" CX bike? Been thinking about this for a few evenings now and want to try it out just goofs.

What would be the pros/cons for daily riding (mostly pavement with the occasional off-road on evenings and weekends)? And no - it's not for the winter time, just been eager to get back on the bike and already fantasizing about the season.

More
Show Image

sounds like a good plan. if its mostly for road riding though I'd recommend pretty untreaded tires.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 10:39:36 »

More
Show Image

I haven't done it, but here's the considerations:
Obviously you can only try this with disc brake compatible frames. You will need to measure the chain stays and fork for clearance. To keep the bike handling similar, you're looking at a 26x2.5", which is a huge tire. You will probably get better results with a 650b wheel and a 50c/2" tire. It will feel really sluggish on roads. It still might not handle very well (the discussion of pneumatic trail is beyond the scope of this forum). But if you're curious don't let any of that stop you...

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 10:47:32 »
If you want ideas about this kind of bike done right, check out Kris' work at 44 bikes. He really understands how to build big tire, mostly road bikes that really ride well. http://www.44bikes.com/huntsman-super-trail/

Offline dante

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 11:13:00 »
Do any of you know how difficult it would be for a frame builder to take a frame and recreate it in another metal like titanium?

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #419 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 11:28:47 »
Do any of you know how difficult it would be for a frame builder to take a frame and recreate it in another metal like titanium?

Not any harder than making any frame in titanium.

BUT...

Any framebilder worth anything will tell you to go get stuffed if you show up with a set of measurements or a geometry chart and told to build it. A better approach would be to say "I have this bike, and I really like <qualities> about it. Here's my body measurements and how I intend to ride the bike". You'll get a much better result. If you find someone who will build from your specs you shouldn't trust that builder's work, because they don't know enough about what they are doing to say no.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #420 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 15:51:29 »

More
Show Image

I haven't done it, but here's the considerations:
Obviously you can only try this with disc brake compatible frames. You will need to measure the chain stays and fork for clearance. To keep the bike handling similar, you're looking at a 26x2.5", which is a huge tire. You will probably get better results with a 650b wheel and a 50c/2" tire. It will feel really sluggish on roads. It still might not handle very well (the discussion of pneumatic trail is beyond the scope of this forum). But if you're curious don't let any of that stop you...

I'd not be using it daily unless I'd find it performing about the same or better than what I have now. I've just seen this trend and want to try it out. But yes, brakes would be a issue. Would need to check clearance but I've already thought about that and will probably just try a wheel from a MTB, preferably a big ass one (2.5" would LOOK cool). I'd enjoy a more nimble and responsive bike then a tractor like heavy weight though.

It's just a thought I had during lunch break so please don't judge me too harsh on this weird Frankenstein of a idea.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 17:03:51 »
Quick update on the Grand Tourist. Installed the front rack and a rear rack that I won on local eBay, together with a set of stainless steel Weinmann fenders with Soubitez rear light and a Schwinn (?) TMI headlight + dynamo.
(Not bad for €20 for the whole lot.)

The headlight looks really slick on this bike so I'll probably try to gut it and fit a B+M Cyo Premium LED headlight in there and then wire everything up properly.
Not sure what I will do with the extra fenders yet but everything is starting to come together. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 January 2017, 18:43:10 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #422 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 20:44:19 »
If you want ideas about this kind of bike done right, check out Kris' work at 44 bikes. He really understands how to build big tire, mostly road bikes that really ride well. http://www.44bikes.com/huntsman-super-trail/

Show Image

I've been following Kris and his bikes online for years! He's from NH where I used to spend summers as a kid. I actually found his stuff from his post about building his shop out back behind his house on Garage Journal: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112578

his bikes are stunning.

-Dana

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 08:16:17 »
I wanted to stay in the time period with my light but I am also really happy with the light that is coming from my B+M Cyo Premium.
Now I could have gone for the chrome version but that one only has 60 Lux instead of the 80 Lux of the premium.

So some modding was in order;

Schwinn (?) TMI headlight above and the Cyo below. It should fit inside but maybe I'll need to cut away part of the support. (Spoiler: I did)

So after some cutting and sanding of the metal front ring of the old light it finally fit inside. Just needed to wire everything up and see if it works.

Taped off the rear light connectors for now because otherwise they create a short and it won't work.
I just used some foam blocks that I had lying around to fix it in place but perhaps I will replace it with something more permanent later.
For now I still want to tidy up the wires and replace them with slightly thicker ones.

End result

You won't know it is a modern light untill you switch it on.  :cool:

Edit:
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 10:25:14 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:58:59 »
well done sir. classy af.
-Dana

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 13:46:51 »
Thank you sir. :D
I'm not done yet but the delivery guy failed to ring my doorbell and deliver some high quality coax wire so I can start adding some extra frame guides and wire the rear light properly.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:13:10 »

Thank you sir. :D
I'm not done yet but the delivery guy failed to ring my doorbell and deliver some high quality coax wire so I can start adding some extra frame guides and wire the rear light properly.

Maximum hipster achieved.. 

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:51:25 »
Quick update on the Grand Tourist. Installed the front rack and a rear rack that I won on local eBay, together with a set of stainless steel Weinmann fenders with Soubitez rear light and a Schwinn (?) TMI headlight + dynamo.
(Not bad for €20 for the whole lot.)
Show Image

Show Image

The headlight looks really slick on this bike so I'll probably try to gut it and fit a B+M Cyo Premium LED headlight in there and then wire everything up properly.
Not sure what I will do with the extra fenders yet but everything is starting to come together. :)

That is a very nice grocery getter. the headlight is also really nice. Excellent work.
Biking is fun.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 16:10:22 »
I'm not done yet. :D

Got my hands on a cheap wheel with a Sturmey Archer RX-RD5 (5-speed hub with 70mm drum brakes) for just €30.

Just finished cutting it out of the wheel (it was pitted and most of the spokes were bent or loose) and will be reading up on how to build my own wheel soon.

It's pretty damn solid though at 2.5 Kg.  :eek:

I enjoy the hybrid system I have now but this gives a very similar range and less of a hassle overall.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 March 2017, 17:50:33 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 18:25:38 »
Wow, these gearboxes are pretty neat..  only $1000 for all that engineering.. Pretty good value imho..

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 18:42:01 »
Wow, these gearboxes are pretty neat..  only $1000 for all that engineering.. Pretty good value imho..
I'm thinking you are mixing it up with a Rohloff. I want one but I need my money for other stuff first. :D
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Chronnoisseur

« Reply #431 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 22:56:27 »
Here's my bike  ;D  :thumb:

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #432 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 22:02:20 »
Here's my bike  ;D  :thumb:

Show Image

Saw that in the "post life picture" thread... I sold mine for an engagement ring and haven't gotten back on in a few years now.

Here was my year-rounder when i lived in DC:
-Dana

Offline Sniping

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 03:26:52 »
Recently acquired this 29er :) It's getting a 1x10 XT conversion tomorrow.

Wheels are Stans Crest with CX ray's and e13 hubs, good stuff. Frame is carbon and the fork ain't too shabby either.

165762-0
165764-1
165766-2

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #434 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 03:31:24 »

Wheels are Stans Crest with CX ray's and e13 hubs, good stuff. Frame is carbon and the fork ain't too shabby either.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

That's a really nice looking bicycle. I'm a big fan of hard tails as I don't really do much downhill. That gear ratio is so tiny though.
Biking is fun.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #435 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 03:39:34 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

That's a really nice looking bicycle. I'm a big fan of hard tails as I don't really do much downhill. That gear ratio is so tiny though.

I come from a road background so I prefer XC style stuff over downhill too. The ratio has been pretty rough though, it's 30-19. Single speed is intense but I'm just not good/strong enough for it. It'll have an 11-36 after I'm done working on it tomorrow so it'll have a pretty normal 1x10 setup soon. I've seen fast XC riders power through all sorts of gnarly climbs on one gear but I'm not at that level of strength haha

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #436 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 03:44:29 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I come from a road background so I prefer XC style stuff over downhill too. The ratio has been pretty rough though, it's 30-19. Single speed is intense but I'm just not good/strong enough for it. It'll have an 11-36 after I'm done working on it tomorrow so it'll have a pretty normal 1x10 setup soon. I've seen fast XC riders power through all sorts of gnarly climbs on one gear but I'm not at that level of strength haha
Yeah, I've seen some folks ride up hills that would kill me on one gear. I get that single gears have advantages but 1x10 just makes more sense to me.
Biking is fun.

Offline mauri

« Reply #437 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 03:58:18 »
Got myself this bad boy a few months back: YT industries Jeffsy in carbon

Pike RCT3, Monarch RCT3, X1 groupset (1x11), Guide RSCs and Reverb Stealth.

Still waiting for riding weather but I'm #stooooked
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline dante

« Reply #438 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 10:27:33 »
Yeah, I've seen some folks ride up hills that would kill me on one gear. I get that single gears have advantages but 1x10 just makes more sense to me.

At one point I had a Redline Monocog singlespeed, Debernardi fixed gear, and Specialized Langster fixed gear.  This was all around 2004-2008 when I was in far better shape and single gears were all the rage.

Yea kids I know you think you are invincible now.  I used to be like you.  But when you get older you are going to wish you used gears.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 13:55:19 »
Got a second hand Sturmey Archer XL-RD5(W) 5-speed hub in the mail today. I already had an RX-RD5 but this one has the sexy larger drum brake. I had it waiting to put it in a new wheel for a project bike but then this came along for cheap. :)

That 90mm drum is HUGE though. O_O
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline dante

« Reply #440 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 15:21:55 »
Cripes!  That looks like it belongs on a motorcycle.  :eek:

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #441 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 15:58:02 »
Cripes!  That looks like it belongs on a motorcycle.  :eek:
True. I didn't think it would be this big. But apparently its stopping power is similar to a good disc brake but less maintenance.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 16:53:56 »
At the risk of spamming this thread (Or actually keeping it alive :P ), I just picked up a new bike yesterday.

A Batavus Randonneur GL in size 64.

It's a steel frame (Reynolds 531ST) lightweight touring bike that's probably from 1989. 3x7 derailleur gearing so I'll have to figure out if it is possible to swap the casette or if it is a classic freewheel. Time for some internet sleuthing. :P

I bought it because I have wanted a modern Randonneur bike which is basically between a road racing bike and a trekking bike and can take light loads for camping in a sporty but relaxed geometry. That and I think it was a good price to get my feet wet on. :)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 19:54:18 »
Nice bike dude, please do keep the thread alive!  :thumb: I have been taking a few days off the bike since getting hit last week by a car while riding. Luckily we were both going slow so no major injuries, but not super motivated to be back on the bike yet.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 21:55:51 »
I just placed the order for a surly cross check frameset on qbp! gonna be building it up into my first CX bike, super excited!  :thumb:
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline dodgeyhack

« Reply #445 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 06:09:14 »
Ok, maybe not the best shot of the bike. But I'm sure you can make it out =)
171727-0

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #446 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 14:10:42 »
Nice bike dude, please do keep the thread alive!  :thumb: I have been taking a few days off the bike since getting hit last week by a car while riding. Luckily we were both going slow so no major injuries, but not super motivated to be back on the bike yet.
What happened? You and the bike okay?
Also, get back on there. It will become bigger in your mind than it is and keep the motivation low.

There's nothing wrong with being careful.

Ok, maybe not the best shot of the bike. But I'm sure you can make it out =)
(Attachment Link)

Some flash would have probably brought out the bike better. But that looks like a nice color. Any better pics?

As for me; aero- and crosslevers with new cables makes a hell of a lot of difference!

I've got some cheap black bar tape right now but I was thinking of throwing on yellow cabling and tape.
That or some honey leather tape, yellow cables and yellow shellac wire to finish everything.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 June 2017, 14:17:04 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #447 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 15:46:33 »
Thanks, myself and the bike are alright. Just a driver turning left at an intersection and didnt look straight ahead to see me coming through. We were both going slow so I ended up on top of the car. And I have been doing a few long rides since actually, did a 75km last Thursday and another one on Sunday! Been enjoying the nice weather we finally have.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 17:05:27 »
Thanks, myself and the bike are alright. Just a driver turning left at an intersection and didnt look straight ahead to see me coming through. We were both going slow so I ended up on top of the car. And I have been doing a few long rides since actually, did a 75km last Thursday and another one on Sunday! Been enjoying the nice weather we finally have.

I've always felt that xtended exercises like that is very dangerous,  because by the end, when you're so tired,  You're definitely not mentally sharp,  so accidents can very easily happen..

It's one thing for Truck Drivers, because it's their damn job,

But for civilian to go through an extended ordeal is taking risk for no good reason

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #449 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 20:23:32 »

I've always felt that xtended exercises like that is very dangerous,  because by the end, when you're so tired,  You're definitely not mentally sharp,  so accidents can very easily happen..

It's one thing for Truck Drivers, because it's their damn job,

But for civilian to go through an extended ordeal is taking risk for no good reason

Well when I got hit I was only 10km into a bike ride, and the driver was found to be at fault, not me. :) 75km isnt too bad, it only takes me 2.5 hrs or so, depending on how much climbing I do. I have done some longer rides and I agree, you are quite drained near the end.