Author Topic: My DIY Caps  (Read 255064 times)

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: My DIY Caps
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 10:42:30 »
hey thanks. yeah im thinking of doing a sale soon but no definite date yet. but before that, im trying to do a giveaway on the artisan services subforum but is still under approval for days now. try to watch out for that when it gets approved.

:)

Message the mods, stuff gets overlooked easily in there

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 11:16:52 »
hey thanks. yeah im thinking of doing a sale soon but no definite date yet. but before that, im trying to do a giveaway on the artisan services subforum but is still under approval for days now. try to watch out for that when it gets approved.

:)

Approved, but we moved it to off-topic since it's a giveaway rather than a sale. Sorry for missing that earlier!
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #202 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 19:27:07 »
Thank you sir. sorry didnt know the proper subforum where to put those kind of thread.  :thumb:
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 23:32:06 »
Flipping through this thread is the biggest reason I want to start making my own. I just purchased all the stuff so I'm hoping to start diving right in soon.

Keep up the good work, dude!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 14:45:03 »
I was just looking at your giveaway thread, it looks like the second one is a 5 shot give the number of colours?  That's crazy, I'm really looking forward to your next sale!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Frogbot

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 21:20:45 »
Your Caps are looking great Krytone!

How do you do your double shots? Do you use separate mold inlays or staged pours?

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 03:02:22 »
I was just looking at your giveaway thread, it looks like the second one is a 5 shot give the number of colours?  That's crazy, I'm really looking forward to your next sale!

If i remember correctly, yeah, i think its a 5 shot cap. :)

Your Caps are looking great Krytone!

How do you do your double shots? Do you use separate mold inlays or staged pours?

Thank you sir.
Depending on the design, mostly its staged pours only :)
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 10:22:39 »
Hi guys, incase anyone of you wants to join the giveaway in the off-topic thread, just go to the link below.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69027.0

Thanks!

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 22:07:54 »
Just trying something out with the brains....

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 22:31:49 »

Show Image

Are those googly eyes? That is really cool looking.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 23:18:00 »

Show Image

Cool! And I love your little dragon! So cute XD
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 23:18:06 »

Show Image

Oh god that's sick!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 01:31:27 »

Offline Moralless

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 02:11:51 »

Show Image

Topre!! Glad to see you finally got a topre board :p

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 02:41:59 »
Those Dragons are pretty cute! Tall, but cute :p

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 02:50:26 »
Hehe yeah. Trying to see if im liking the topre conspiracy.  :p

And for anyone who still feels like christmas!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 02:56:41 »
That's cool you're making topre, the best switch. Cool little Xmas snow globe.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 03:01:28 »
What do you think of Topre so far? Agree'd with dustin, topre is definitely one of the best and my favorite switch ;)

Snow globe looks sweet, also looks like it can also be used to make an eyeball

Offline Frogbot

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 03:38:41 »
Hehe yeah. Trying to see if im liking the topre conspiracy.  :p

And for anyone who still feels like christmas!

Show Image

How did you even do this Krytone! All it need is some snow :)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 06:21:25 »
I tried to put glitters in it. I guess its too powdery like so its too small to see and the globe was covered with pearl powder. Ill try to see if i can make a better snow effect.

Ok with regards to topre. This is a 55g rf and compared to my ducky shine 3 blues, it feels heavier. I miss the crunchy sound of my MX but the tactile is something. I cant say i dont like it but right now i still prefer MX blues. reading through some comments about it, i will try to use it for a while and see if it grows in me  :))

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 09:10:02 »
Loving the snow globe dude!  Great idea and great execution.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 09:41:10 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 09:44:34 »
... wow that's pretty cool
I love Elzy

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 09:52:18 »

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 05:26:24 »
I'm loving the new caps!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 05:53:31 »
Show Image

Congrats on the Topre board and i love the Topre judgemental skull. I am kind of in the same boat as you as I just got my first Topre board (not a real force though) a CM NovaTouch. It is 45g though and although I do not dislike the feel of it I'm kind of on the fence on it. I prefer heavier tactile MX switches such as Clears,Greens etc. so I'm almost regretting not getting the board you got with 55g switches. Everyone keeps telling me that it will grow on me and that being a little unsure is a really common reaction so Im sticking with it. Hopefully the Topre switches will grow on you too. RealForce's hold there value well so worst case scenario you can sell it. The snow globes are pretty cool. I don't know the mechanics of it but the fact you suspended glitter in there is pretty crazy !
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 06:03:58 »
Show Image

Sweet baby Jesus. Please release that in Topre. Please!

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:09:46 »
Show Image

Congrats on the Topre board and i love the Topre judgemental skull. I am kind of in the same boat as you as I just got my first Topre board (not a real force though) a CM NovaTouch. It is 45g though and although I do not dislike the feel of it I'm kind of on the fence on it. I prefer heavier tactile MX switches such as Clears,Greens etc. so I'm almost regretting not getting the board you got with 55g switches. Everyone keeps telling me that it will grow on me and that being a little unsure is a really common reaction so Im sticking with it. Hopefully the Topre switches will grow on you too. RealForce's hold there value well so worst case scenario you can sell it. The snow globes are pretty cool. I don't know the mechanics of it but the fact you suspended glitter in there is pretty crazy !
my thoughts exactly. Its an ok board and its not a bad choice but i do really like a loud board so i kinda miss that. I switch between boards in the office and now getting used to the weight of the RF bit by bit. If i miss the sound, i just press the bigger keys as they are clicky like my blues. lol.

Thanks everyone, been really busy with work and some modifications im doing so kind of slacking on getting the caps up for sale that was scheduled on the last week of feb  :-[

Will try not to be lazy this weekend and clean all the caps and prepare the sale after the weekend. If all goes well, ill post it on sunday  :-X

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:00:52 »
Show Image

my thoughts exactly. Its an ok board and its not a bad choice but i do really like a loud board so i kinda miss that. I switch between boards in the office and now getting used to the weight of the RF bit by bit. If i miss the sound, i just press the bigger keys as they are clicky like my blues. lol.

Thanks everyone, been really busy with work and some modifications im doing so kind of slacking on getting the caps up for sale that was scheduled on the last week of feb  :-[

Will try not to be lazy this weekend and clean all the caps and prepare the sale after the weekend. If all goes well, ill post it on sunday  :-X

Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 16:57:38 »
Show Image

Sweet baby Jesus has answered

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 04:08:58 »
Cleaning caps done. Creating forms for the sale. Will probably post it on Tuesday after office, around 10pm GMT+8

Offline KaboomTheory

• Shrek is love, Shrek is life
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 04:28:28 »
I can't wait :D Hopefully you start around 10PM GMT +8, I need to catch the sale before I go to work.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 04:32:57 »
Looking good!  For some reason my favourite is the pale purple one but it wouldn't go with any of my boards.  Actually I'm not sure any of them would, except the lonely black one hiding at the back... 

I'm sure you'll find plenty of people happy to take them off your hands though :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #233 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 05:21:15 »
Cleaning caps done. Creating forms for the sale. Will probably post it on Tuesday after office, around 10pm GMT+8

Show Image

Are you not doing any of the 'Power Skull' designs?

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #234 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 05:24:23 »
Dang i love that toxic colorway
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 09:38:57 »
I want all of them :)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #236 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 12:02:56 »

Show Image

gonna have the crowned skull but only in white/blue and black/green colorway and in limited numbers. have been busy with newer designs and topre so need to clear these caps first.

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #237 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 12:07:55 »

Show Image

gonna have the crowned skull but only in white/blue and black/green colorway and in limited numbers. have been busy with newer designs and topre so need to clear these caps first.

Sure, great to see you innovating :)

Offline Yazzz

• rm -rf /*
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 19:29:51 »

Show Image

These look so good! :) I recently read through this entire thread, and seeing your progression has been amazing!
Leopold Full Size -- Blue Cherry MX
Keycool 87 Key -- Yellow LED Backlit -- Blue Cherry MX
Poker II -- Blue Cherry MX
CM QFR -- Green Cherry MX
I really like Blues it seems. :D

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 19:48:28 »
So excited to see topre krytone your caps came and they look great. Also how is the 55g treating you I would be really interested as mine arrives tomorrow. I returned my novatouch as it was really loud.( I'm kind of regretting it because topre caps are so hard to find) anyways let me know your thoughts and I can't wait for your topre  :thumb: freaking awesome!

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 21:02:48 »
Cool! glad it arrives in one piece.

The 55g experience is still continuing. I swap between mx and topre from time to time and while they are different, i came to like it almost at the same amount. You'll probably love yours too  :thumb:

Didnt know topre stem is a bit difficult to work with. most of the caps i created is too loose when put in the board so im still adjusting on that part.

Another thing is the crowned skull is getting a cleaner cast and Diagonal skull is gonna be available again with a cleaner (hopefully better) look.

And this guy...

After being jugded by the judgemental skull, comes in Peety, the Pitiful Skull who pity everyone he sees  :p

And that isnt his final form  :rolleyes:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 22:43:32 »
Cool! glad it arrives in one piece.

The 55g experience is still continuing. I swap between mx and topre from time to time and while they are different, i came to like it almost at the same amount. You'll probably love yours too  :thumb:

Didnt know topre stem is a bit difficult to work with. most of the caps i created is too loose when put in the board so im still adjusting on that part.

Another thing is the crowned skull is getting a cleaner cast and Diagonal skull is gonna be available again with a cleaner (hopefully better) look.

And this guy...

Show Image

After being jugded by the judgemental skull, comes in Peety, the Pitiful Skull who pity everyone he sees  :p

And that isnt his final form  :rolleyes:

Sick ....is that like a circular finger landing pad on the top of his head? Love it either I am freaky excited. I'll be watching this thread for real.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 09:59:18 »
While waiting for the casts to cure, got some leeway to do some useless stuff... enjoy!  :p :p :p

Brainy Comicstrips  :thumb:
More

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:48:33 »
While waiting for the casts to cure, got some leeway to do some useless stuff... enjoy!  :p :p :p

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yes....lol freaking awesome

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 17:16:25 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ha! Good to see you are having some fun with it :p

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 07:45:00 »

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 07:52:50 »
Show Image

These are very nice! Are they painted?

Maybe you need a steel switch holder to display them :P

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 09:14:49 »
Show Image

omg Omg krytone these are gorgeous I love the metallic finish.... Very impressed . Have you tried like a gun metal grey. So very excited for these  :p bravo sir bravo

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:01:54 »
Show Image

These are very nice! Are they painted?

Maybe you need a steel switch holder to display them :P

Thank you sir. And no, these are not painted.

Show Image

omg Omg krytone these are gorgeous I love the metallic finish.... Very impressed . Have you tried like a gun metal grey. So very excited for these  :p bravo sir bravo

Still trying out other metallic colors. hopefully it would look good. Thanks!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #249 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 20:08:14 »
This thread is spending my money before I get it :(

With that said, I'd love this cap in that green ;)