Author Topic: Hi all, I am Amy,  (Read 3500 times)

Offline AJHEELS

• http://www.heelsncleavage.com
Hi all, I am Amy,
« on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 17:24:37 »
Hi all, I am Amy,

Just wanted to say hi to the forum. I am a beginner but very determined to learn the game xxx.

Offline wellington1869

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 17:29:01 »
welcome amy. its a fun game.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline zwmalone

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 19:22:11 »
Hi spambot! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
Can't get enough of them ALPS

Offline wellington1869

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 19:28:46 »
Quote from: zwmalone;119669
Hi spambot! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

lol! whoops. missed that.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline zwmalone

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 19:33:19 »
Spammers like "her" bother me... in the time it took her to set up that fake site & register here and post this, she could be making an honest living...
Can't get enough of them ALPS

Offline msiegel

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 19:36:25 »
don't worry, we can drain "amy" of all her money. to the marketplace board! XD

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline wellington1869

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 19:45:29 »
Quote from: ripster;119674
Welly, did you yell "HE'S GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY!"  during the jury selection process?   It works pretty well if you want to go back to that boring room and read a book.

believe me the thought crossed my mind ;-D

I was tempted to fake tourette syndrome or something ;)

Me, I stayed and let a prostitute off the hook.  What a softy.

dude, everyone in that jury room were softies. The case was about two guys accused of being in possession of narcotics with intention to sell. First they called 45 of us to the courtroom for jury selection. (Out of the 45 they were going to select 13 (12 plus an alternate). That process is still ongoing (i have to go back at 9;30 am tomorrow; I didnt get called in the first lottery of 18 people. Lots of 'lotteries' involved in this process, nerve racking cuz everyone is praying their name isnt called). But they made us sit and watch the attornies 'question' the 18 in the jury box (ie, the jury selection questions). They were encouraging people to speak their minds. And man, they spoke their minds. Some real wackos in there. One guy pretty much had decided he could not convict a drug user cuz he beleives in legalizing drugs. Then he went into a rant about how the judicial system is a crock of **** (the judge watched this with a bemused look on his face; i was surprised he let the guy go on). and how we're wasting tax payers money, lol. Nearly everyone who spoke seemed like they were inclined to let the druggies (lol) go.

One woman was like, when asked if she had anything against police officers (who were going to testify) she said yes (lol!). Said she doesnt trust them. Judge asked her if she thought she could reach a fair and impartial decision anyway. She actually said: Well, I dont think I could be impartial, but i could be fair. (Lol!).  The judge spent another 20 minutes trying to get her to articulate what she thought was the difference between the words 'impartial' and 'fair'. He'd ask, can you be impartial? She'd say no. Can you be fair? she'd say yes.  

It was kind of hilarious actually. For the first 10 minutes.

The defense attorney got up and promptly began leaking details of the case (basically trying to predispose the jury in one direction). I've seen enough law and order to recognize what she was doing and sure enough 30 seconds into it the judge snapped at her and cut her off. It was probably the closest law and order moment. Pretty dramatic, lots of tension.

Meeting the people in that jury room lounge is a bit like stumbling into a random internet forum --  You meet all kinds... ;-D  A pretty random selection of humanity's finest.

Anyway, the saga continues tomorrow. Its somewhat interesting (my first 'real' jury experience; i've only been called once before, in a sleepy upstate NY town, but that case was settled before the jury sat down).

So its somewhat interesting but still my only regret is that I didnt yell out a racial slur so I could go the f*ck home, lol.

Come to think of it tho, they'd only assign you to a different case I think (like a civil case instead of a criminal one). There's no way out.  ;)  The state of new york is going to take a week of my life, no matter what ;)  I hope they enjoy it ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2009, 19:55:08 by wellington1869 »

Offline cmr

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 19:54:56 »
The judge spent another 20 minutes trying to get her to articulate what she thought was the difference between the words 'impartial' and 'fair'.

he's the one who used those words in the first place!

Offline wellington1869

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 19:57:32 »
Quote from: cmr;119686
he's the one who used those words in the first place!

lol ya but i think he thought they were synonyms ;)  He's like, 'can you be fair and impartial'? He probably expected her to say yes or no. Instead she goes, fair yes, impartial no. Lol!

Offline wellington1869

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 20:05:24 »
Quote from: ripster;119685
Actually I had two felonies and a bunch of misdemeanors.  One kid got 8 years for cracking the skull of another teenager.  That was serious - no joke there.  Hang in there, Citizen Welly!

ya thats a pretty heavy case.  mine sounds like it'll be cop's word against guy's word; based on what the defense attorney telegraphed to us, basically the defense's argument is going to be that he was "just visiting" his friend's house where the goods were found and therefore he was a bystander (lol, fat chance, but you know how hard it is to convict if there isnt direct evidence).

man, I mean sure, our system of justice lets 9 guilty guys go to save the 1  guy who's innocent; it does that pretty well (and is what makes us different from most regimes out there, and thank god for that), but as a result its a very, very expensive system. In every way. monetarily and in terms of 9 probably-guilty guys who walk.

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 20:06:59 »
Did I miss something?
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline wellington1869

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 20:07:47 »
I cant help adding, since at the end of the day i'm just a boorish guy, that the defense attorney was HAWT. She got my undivided attention alright.

she knew it too, if her just-slightly-shorter-than-it-should-be business skirt was any indication ;)

Offline hyperlinked

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 20:58:28 »
Quote from: wellington1869;119671
lol! whoops. missed that.

Uh, none of the Firefox users fell for it. ;)
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline wellington1869

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 21:05:46 »
Quote from: hyperlinked;119706
Uh, none of the Firefox users fell for it. ;)

lol! bastard. ;)

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 21:21:50 »
Quote from: wellington1869;119707
lol! bastard. ;)

The sad thing is that it's true. :P
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline wellington1869

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 21 September 2009, 21:58:58 »
Quote from: timw4mail;119710
The sad thing is that it's true. :P

ie8 has a spam/phishing/unsafe filter too you know. :P  I didnt click on that link to test it out (didnt even see it there).  Nor am I about to ;)

Offline Rajagra

Hi all, I am Amy,
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 22 September 2009, 01:38:22 »
Quote from: ripster;119674
Me, I stayed and let a prostitute off the hook.

Was that after she used the safety word? :-)