Author Topic: The House of Representatives has become too crazy even for John Boehner.  (Read 791 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
If this precipitates a divorce between the Republican Party and the Tea Party, it could be the start of something good.

On the other hand, the crazies could leverage it to gain even more control than they already have.

The jury will be out on this one until after next year's elections.

https://www.newsmax.com/?ns_mail_uid=96864110&ns_mail_job=1637214_09252015&s=al&dkt_nbr=qybjde4g
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:45:10 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: The House of Representatives has become to crazy even for John Boehner
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:48:53 »
pretty interesting turn of events. can't say i liked boehner but you're right about crazy-leverage.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
Re: The House of Representatives has become to crazy even for John Boehner
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 10:59:32 »
Wow, I'm surprised he stepped down.

I have a very hard time understanding a conservative view point on social issues, and I will never understand the Tea Party in general. While I'm sure as individuals they are not all bad, most of the views the spew are full of hate and judgement. It kind of reminds me of my mother and her church friends. They all talk about being kind and giving back and practicing "the way of the lord," yet the judge the crap out of everyone, think they know best about everything, and will not listen to reason on pretty much any issue.

Generally speaking I think there is far, far, FAR too much religion in politics, and too much politics in religion.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around