Author Topic: Keyboard Confessions - Post your keyboard confessions!  (Read 151158 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Keyboard Confessions - Post your keyboard confessions!
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 12:53:37 »
At one of my old jobs I kept several keyboards in my cubical, stashed in one of my file cabinets. On my last day of that job (which had lasted 7 years), I realized that I had left one keyboard in my cube, but I chose to just abandon it. It was an Ortek MCK-142. Here's a link to what these  were:

http://www.monu-cad.com/MCK142_Keyboard.htm

I was distracted that day, and now kick myself for being so stupid. The switches on that board were too light for me, but honestly, it is such a cool board that I really wish I still had it, just to take out and use once and awhile.

Wow. I never knew such a thing existed! Now I REALLY want to have one and swap all its switches with blue Alps switches.

Man, yeeeeah, leaving that board was not the best of ideas. :(  ...But it happens! Hopefully you have another board in your life that brings you happiness! :P

Yeah, those Ortek MCK-142's were epic, and worth keeping even just as a link to keyboard history. I still kick myself for that. I have hope that I may run into a near mint MCK-142 to add to my stable.
Ah, the MCK-142, the battlecruiser everyone always forgets about xD . They're great - and expensive as well as fairly rare xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #201 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 20:18:22 »
I built my Jane missing the spacebar wire, on purpose. I only had 6.25u and needed a 7u, it was one of my last days of freedom to build the boards before I got hit with the last minute exams and then finals. I made sure that it faces down below the spacebar so it shouldn't be too difficult to pop in once I get the new one.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 21:14:00 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:51:21 by alienman82 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 04:18:03 »
45g topre is too heavy for me. After I dental band modded my HHKB and thus reduced the travel and weight, I enjoyed it a lot more

I have a variable 87UB and I love the variable switch weighting idea, but I'm going to dental band mod it as well, which will give me ultralight 30g topre switches on some keys

sorry 55g topre lovers

There are indications that Ducky are producing a full size 30g Topre keyboard.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77589.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 04:24:28 »
45g topre is too heavy for me. After I dental band modded my HHKB and thus reduced the travel and weight, I enjoyed it a lot more

I have a variable 87UB and I love the variable switch weighting idea, but I'm going to dental band mod it as well, which will give me ultralight 30g topre switches on some keys

sorry 55g topre lovers

yeah I did see that and I think it's great because 30g topre is pretty hard to come by currently

however I think topre were really on to something with the variable weighting. it just feels so right..

currently in the process of dental band modding tonight. man the pcb has a lot of screws!!

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #205 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 08:14:59 »

sorry 55g topre lovers

yeah I did see that and I think it's great because 30g topre is pretty hard to come by currently

however I think topre were really on to something with the variable weighting. it just feels so right..

currently in the process of dental band modding tonight. man the pcb has a lot of screws!!

More than enough to hold a Yugo together. Roll my eyes every time I take a Topre board apart.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 13:33:26 »

sorry 55g topre lovers

More than enough to hold a Yugo together. Roll my eyes every time I take a Topre board apart.

I'm pretty sure they need all those screws to make sure the PCB has constant pressure across it.  With how sensitive the capacitive switches are, I think if it were allowed to flex and move more, it would cause issues.  But I don't have a source on that, I just think I remember hearing it once upon a time and it makes sense.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:00:21 »
Well, it wasn't really my fault but me and a couple of mates had to turn out something for an ICT comp. Ended up making a one-handed board, the day before the comp we got the 3d prints and they were like 1mm too small for the switches to fit so we ended up turning in a cardboard keyboard which hadn't even been programmed yet. Still got a prize though.

Offline E3E

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 17:17:39 »
While, I love typing on my mechanical keyboards and using them for gaming, I actually prefer using my laptop and its native keyboard for doing extensive script writing (for some audio stuff I do). This might partially be because I like lazily typing in bed, or because I really need a new prescription for my glasses and prefer the laptop because my desk setup puts the monitor (my 46" TV), about 4-5 feet away.

I'm practically blind. :P

Offline Hatsjer

• Sup?
« Reply #209 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:03:21 »
I haven't cleaned my keyboard in all the 1 and a half years I've owned it, and after I once tried, do I never plan on doing it again.
The stabelizers was too much of a pain to get back on...
If you're curious to know more about me, can you find me on FA under the same username. I have an acc on DA & Weasyl, but I don't use it. I don't have an account on IB, SF.

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #210 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:37:09 »
I haven't cleaned my keyboard in all the 1 and a half years I've owned it, and after I once tried, do I never plan on doing it again.

Offline Hatsjer

• Sup?
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:43:47 »

Show Image

Well.. ok.. If it gets THAT bad, then I'll just get the vacuum cleaner.
If you're curious to know more about me, can you find me on FA under the same username. I have an acc on DA & Weasyl, but I don't use it. I don't have an account on IB, SF.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 23:03:57 »

Costar stabilisers are pretty easy after the first time.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #213 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 23:22:24 »

Agreed, you get into the habit of slowly wiggling the cap back onto the wire after a while. Actually becomes satisfying after a while.

Offline Hatsjer

• Sup?
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 06:08:53 »

Agreed, you get into the habit of slowly wiggling the cap back onto the wire after a while. Actually becomes satisfying after a while.
I literally tried for over an hour to get 5 stabelizers on. But I have heard that Razer (Which is the KB I am using), do use cheap quality. My issue was that the stabelizers kept on popping out from the KB when I tried to get then into the caps.
I do not know if the statement with Razer going cheap is true, as I have not looked into it. But I do not care too much either, as this KB was a gift from a friend, as my previous KB was a membrane one.
I cannot go back to membranes after this one...

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 15:15:03 »
I already decided that I prefer Alps over any MX switch, but now I'm worried I might actually like purple Zealios better.

Offline E3E

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 15:23:28 »
I already decided that I prefer Alps over any MX switch, but now I'm worried I might actually like purple Zealios better.

The threat is real! Let us know which you end up liking most!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 18:15:11 »

The threat is real! Let us know which you end up liking most!

I've got parts for a 60% board lying around waiting to be assembled and I keep playing with the 67g Zealios and my lubed and stickered 62g MX Clears - the Zealios are way more tactile

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 18:18:43 »
I'm spending too much money on a keyboard again...
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 18:43:00 »
I always want just "one more" keyboard thing.

Offline E3E

« Reply #220 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 18:44:53 »

I'm gonna feel it hard when SNES GMK drops followed by Jukebox Round 2 and the Octagon v2. If LastPilot's proposed Graphite replica set comes out (for Alps) and HPS's carbon fiber case is finished around the same time, then my wallet is truly ****ed.

YES.

Just one more.

OH LOOK ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY FOR A PROJECT

I seriously need to stop. This hobby makes it hard to focus on other things.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #221 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 18:45:36 »

You have no idea how much that resounds with me, and I just started a few weeks ago.I can't afford this hobby...

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #222 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 18:46:55 »

I'm gonna feel it hard when SNES GMK drops followed by Jukebox Round 2 and the Octagon v2. If LastPilot's proposed Graphite replica set comes out (for Alps) and HPS's carbon fiber case is finished around the same time, then my wallet is truly ****ed.

To be honest, I feel pretty done with keysets at this point. I basically only use OG doubleshots. But I now buy too many keyboards, which is even more expensive.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 18:57:19 »

I can't afford this hobby...

This may not be a bad thing, depending on how you look at it.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 21:12:26 »
I've been throwing things away versus trying to sell them.
:eek:
Threw away ~15 g81 board with credit car readers.  Kept the caps  :thumb:
:(  No one wanted the switches?
My (sort of) keyboard confession.  I was painting the switch plate for my Dell AT101W green during winter.  Decided I wouldn't back my black car all the way out of the garage.  Ended up getting a fine mist of green paint on the front end.  It has been 8+ months and I haven't told my wife :O.
lol!  The good news is that will probably come off very easily with a clay bar.  I've actually taken off another car's paint from mine using one before.  (Wasn't happy about having to do that though.)

So my confession--got stopped in India customs because of my IBM M in my checked bag.  They xrayed the bag and then asked me if I had a dvd player or an LCD television in the bag (people bring these in from outside because the prices here are insane--you can't get a 50"+ one for under $2k usd).  I answered no, but they said there's a large object showing up on the x-ray.  I asked if they would let me see the screen and the backing plate for the M stood out like a tank in a parking lot.  :))  I laughed and told them it was a computer keyboard (as if it was nothing) and they let me move on, lol.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 21:44:28 »

YES.

Just one more.

lsb said that jukebox r2 probably won't be till q1/q2 next year in the livestream today

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 21:49:34 »
i once bought an overpriced sharp x68000 keyboard because i noticed it's the same one they use in the lab in steins;gate.

no other reason at all.
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 23:18:54 »
i once bought an overpriced sharp x68000 keyboard because i noticed it's the same one they use in the lab in steins;gate.

no other reason at all.

****, i consider myself a bit of a weeb but that's getting dangerously close to the border

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 23:45:53 »

no other reason at all.

****, i consider myself a bit of a weeb but that's getting dangerously close to the border

i know, not my proudest moment...
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline E3E

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 06:54:07 »

YES.

Just one more.

lsb said that jukebox r2 probably won't be till q1/q2 next year in the livestream today

Thanks for the heads up, sb. This definitely eases the pressure on my wallet quite a bit! :)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 07:00:10 »

YES.

Just one more.

Thanks for the heads up, sb. This definitely eases the pressure on my wallet quite a bit! :)

you gonna get a whole new set or just the 75% kit?

Offline E3E

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 07:10:59 »

YES.

Just one more.

Definitely the new novelties, the R4 shift pack, and any other unique bits and ends to the set, but I think I might pass on another full set as I don't really have a board to put it on and I'm going for GMK SNES on the next Octagon.

LSB mentioned having an alphas pack with black legends. I am not sure about that, but it might be tempting!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 07:15:47 »

YES.

Just one more.

Definitely the new novelties, the R4 shift pack, and any other unique bits and ends to the set, but I think I might pass on another full set as I don't really have a board to put it on and I'm going for GMK SNES on the next Octagon.

LSB mentioned having an alphas pack with black legends. I am not sure about that, but it might be tempting!

Looking forward to Octagon v2 - got alerts set up and everything  :D

Offline E3E

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 07:25:30 »

YES.

Just one more.

You mean, aside from new topic notifications? IS THERE MORE I CAN DO TO ENSURE I GET MY BABY? My Octagon v1 is gonna need a little bro, man!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 07:27:07 »

You mean, aside from new topic notifications? IS THERE MORE I CAN DO TO ENSURE I GET MY BABY? My Octagon v1 is gonna need a little bro, man!

Nah just got notifications set up for whenever a new thread is approved in the GB subforum

Offline E3E

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 07:31:44 »

Nah just got notifications set up for whenever a new thread is approved in the GB subforum

Alright, sounds like I'm on the right track then. :)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 17:53:57 »
I finally got around to putting together my KC60 with gat blacks...

Took me over an hour and a half to mount the stabilized keys on the board and even now they are rattley as %&*#

I hate costar stabilizers so much

Offline E3E

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:15:12 »

Took me over an hour and a half to mount the stabilized keys on the board and even now they are rattley as %&*#

Put some victorinox on the wire where it meets the inserts and on the bit where it clips in on the plate, and you should have a much quieter experience! Seriously, it almost sounds just like a non-stabilized key when lubed properly.

Unless, of course, you're using wire that sits loosely in the retaining bit on the plate, then it's bound to rattle until it's tightened up.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:17:42 »

Put some victorinox on the wire where it meets the inserts and on the bit where it clips in on the plate, and you should have a much quieter experience! Seriously, it almost sounds just like a non-stabilized key when lubed properly.

Unless, of course, you're using wire that sits loosely in the retaining bit on the plate, then it's bound to rattle until it's tightened up.

I think I might just buy a new plate that way I can actually have the layout I want with stepped caps, wkl bottom row, hhkb shift and top row and actually use real stabilizers other than this cheap ****

I'm gonna talk to my buddy with a CNC machine about getting some acrylic plates made up for white fox because I don't think I can stand using these stabs

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:21:38 »

I think I might just buy a new plate that way I can actually have the layout I want with stepped caps, wkl bottom row, hhkb shift and top row and actually use real stabilizers other than this cheap ****

I'm gonna talk to my buddy with a CNC machine about getting some acrylic plates made up for white fox because I don't think I can stand using these stabs

I like how costar stabs feel but I do not like to install or uninstall them, or removing key caps, they suck at that. That was one of the reasons I sold my Infinity.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:24:59 »

I like how costar stabs feel but I do not like to install or uninstall them, or removing key caps, they suck at that. That was one of the reasons I sold my Infinity.

I've seen quite a few people most that they prefer the feel of costar stabs to Cherry style but I honestly prefer unclipped Cherry stabs to costar

Clipped cherry stabs <3

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:26:33 »
Cherry clipped stabilizers feel as good as Costars and have the benefit of easy installation and key cap change.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:29:07 »
Cherry clipped stabilizers feel as good as Costars and have the benefit of easy installation and key cap change.

Best of both worlds

I'm surprised someone hasn't come along and started offering cherry stabs in different colours + preclipped

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:30:57 »

Best of both worlds

I'm surprised someone hasn't come along and started offering cherry stabs in different colours + preclipped

I have seen some red sliders already, I think, they come included as OEM in certain keyboards, I am not sure what keyboards though.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:31:43 »

Best of both worlds

I have seen some red sliders already, I think, they come included as OEM in certain keyboards, I am not sure what keyboards though.

I know the Poker 3 comes with orange sliders but I haven't seen any housings that aren't black

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:32:36 »

Best of both worlds

I know the Poker 3 comes with orange sliders but I haven't seen any housings that aren't black

Imagine red sliders with translucent housings.

Offline E3E

« Reply #246 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:33:34 »

I've seen quite a few people most that they prefer the feel of costar stabs to Cherry style but I honestly prefer unclipped Cherry stabs to costar

Clipped cherry stabs <3

I think I've read somewhere that Matt3o's board doesn't support PCB stabilizers, but I could be wrong! Were you planning on using plate-mounted Cherry stabs? 

Yeah, I'm not sure which I like more, to be honest. I really enjoy costar when it's lubed to the point of being practically silent in terms of rattle. Cherry is about the same, hmm... I dunno though! Cherry is definitely more elegant looking and preferred by most Korean custom designers. Even gold costar wire wouldn't look as classy, haha.

Alternate colors for Cherry stabilizers would be sick!
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:35:13 by E3E »

Offline Roibhilin

• Saver of Humens
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:47:06 »
i think flipped spacebars are ugly and dont feel that good

QFR | Poker II | Quickfire TK

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:50:18 »
i think flipped spacebars are ugly and dont feel that good

Space bars in flipped position look cool and feel awesome, their standard position is for peasants.

:p

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 18:55:19 »

Clipped cherry stabs <3

I think I've read somewhere that Matt3o's board doesn't support PCB stabilizers, but I could be wrong! Were you planning on using plate-mounted Cherry stabs? 

Yeah, I'm not sure which I like more, to be honest. I really enjoy costar when it's lubed to the point of being practically silent in terms of rattle. Cherry is about the same, hmm... I dunno though! Cherry is definitely more elegant looking and preferred by most Korean custom designers. Even gold costar wire wouldn't look as classy, haha.

Alternate colors for Cherry stabilizers would be sick!

The pcb supports pcb mounted stabs but the plates that are shipping don't (only support costar stabs ala KC60).

If I were to make a plate it would be GON style supporting all the layouts and pcb mount stabs only