Author Topic: Minimalism?  (Read 16273 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Minimalism?
« on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 03:09:40 »
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/mar/04/minimalism-conspicuous-consumption-class

I am not rich - far from it.  Can't even afford to enter the latest Bro sale.

I am a hoarder - all my spaces are full of things I might need one day and can't bear to throw out.  Always have been, ever since I can remember.

But I like the idea of minimalism, although definitely not for the reasons stated in that article.

I have been in a minimalistic situation in my past for reasons that I won't go into here, but that was about 20 years ago and since then I've accumulated a huge amount of possessions.

I like the idea of having just what you need to hand, and nothing else to distract or clutter the work space.

But I can't bear to part with any of my "treasured belongings" (or "old crap", as my other half would have it - she is almost equally as guilty of hoarding btw).

Is anyone else into minimalism?

If so, why?  Was there a traumatic event in you life that triggered minimalism?

Are you just rich, and can afford just one of a few very expensive things to live your life?

How did you transform from "normal" (or "hoarding") into a minimalist?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
Re: Minimalism?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 03:25:39 »
I've never had an abundance of money per se, so I kept my possessions to what I needed, as that's all I could afford. I created items that I couldn't normally just buy (think coffee table, chest of drawers, etc..) and through that I had a greater understanding of what I "needed" as I had to justify either spending money on an object, or spending a couple of weeks creating something which was half as good.

Nowadays anything that I haven't touched heads into the attic. I understand this isn't exactly the correct term for minimalism as I hoard just as much as anyone, but objects that are no longer needed, are no longer "around" unless one day they become purposeful again. I still have boxes packed from when I moved 15 years ago.

But around in me in everyday life is a clean desk, a small car, my house is pretty "sparse" and that's what I got used to, and that's how I like it.

Organisation is key.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 03:42:08 »
Most of my possessions have cost me nothing, or not very much.  They just seem to accumulate.  I've thrown out more old servers than most people have ever owned (and still have far too many).

Stuff I don't use tends to get put in the garage or the shed, where it seems to accumulate because I might need it one day.  Or will put it on eBay when I get around to it.

I am fairly organised, although on the surface it might not seem like it.  Just there is so much stuff to organise.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline algernon

• A tiny mouse, a hacker.
    • Diaries of a Madman
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 04:32:22 »
Interestingly, the desktop of my computer is quite minimalist, there's like 3 applications running, all full screen, every one of them with useless distractions removed:

The rest looks similar. No toolbars, no menus, no top or bottom launch bars or anything of that sort. No window decorations, either. This is, I believe, fairly minimalist.

Now, my desk... at work, that has cables and whatnot all over the place, but it's reasonably tidy. At home, eek. Gadgets all over the place. The rest of the house is orderly, but that's all thanks to my wife.

Thus, I'm a minimalist when it comes to computer user interfaces. Quite the contrary otherwise.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 05:31:55 »
currently living a minimalist life. I have three plates, a few sets of knives and spoons a few pans, sandwich maker and a bar fridge in the kitchen. in my bedroom i have a double matress (no bedframe), my computer and a desk + chair. One other room has my tools and modding stuff. A pile of clothes and thats it.

Its kinda refreshing not having so much clutter but my other house is filled with crap.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 07:57:44 »
I will one day, I've been saying for the past several months. :rolleyes:

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 08:10:52 »
I think there's certainly a need for clean and orderly aesthetics when you're trying to do certain types of work.. to help you stay focused..

But, you can't build anything without lots of tools and material.. NOTHING,

There are no machine shops without lots of STUFF..  These are the places work happen..

I think very generally, it comes down to staying organized.. rather than to void oneself of physical possessions.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 08:16:40 »
http://robrhinehart.com/?p=1331

how2becometruminimalist

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 09:03:35 »
When I lived out of my car for two months in SFL my mind was completely clear of all excess thoughts. I hated myself (still do) but I experienced a good amount of tranquility.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 20:03:23 »
currently living a minimalist life. I have three plates, a few sets of knives and spoons a few pans, sandwich maker and a bar fridge in the kitchen. in my bedroom i have a double matress (no bedframe), my computer and a desk + chair. One other room has my tools and modding stuff. A pile of clothes and thats it.

Its kinda refreshing not having so much clutter but my other house is filled with crap.

I was living pretty much like that about 15 years ago, but it took a pretty traumatic event to get me to that stage.  Not sure I could go through it again.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 20:04:08 »
http://robrhinehart.com/?p=1331

how2becometruminimalist

A great story, but I'm not in a position to make those sacrifices.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 21:40:08 »
Of all the pictures in that article, only one of them is or even looks remotely lived in, the rest are all completely staged pictures (the last is staged as well, no one's bike looks like that for long if they ride it).

If you want to see the ultimate in this style of staging, go look at magazines such as Good Housekeeping or Country Living, you will see homes which are impeccable, even though the family may have 4 young kids. Do you honestly expect me to believe that house with 4 kids is going to look perfect and un-lived in at all times?

Personally, I think a clean desk is the sign of an insane mind.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 21:44:42 »
one thing that really started me on my way towards owning less was this:
i used to keep everything. any present someone got me, even birthday cards, whatever, junk, i hated throwing stuff away especially stuff that was given to me. it made me feel guilty to even think about throwing it out. but someone sat me down and told me that those emotional attachments i had to that stuff would stay with me even if i got rid of the stuff, and if it didn't, well then I never really had a true attachment to it anyway.
just think of the last pair of jeans you threw out was - it's almost hard to think of a specific pair because even though you had them for a long time, once they're gone, they're just another pair of jeans you used to wear.

i'm definitely not a trve minimalist but i have pared down my entire life to about 4-5 boxes of stuff plus musical equipment. feels pretty good to be able to get up and go with just a pickup truck or a van.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:32:26 »
Of all the pictures in that article, only one of them is or even looks remotely lived in, the rest are all completely staged pictures (the last is staged as well, no one's bike looks like that for long if they ride it).

If you want to see the ultimate in this style of staging, go look at magazines such as Good Housekeeping or Country Living, you will see homes which are impeccable, even though the family may have 4 young kids. Do you honestly expect me to believe that house with 4 kids is going to look perfect and un-lived in at all times?

i used to keep everything. any present someone got me, even birthday cards, whatever, junk, i hated throwing stuff away especially stuff that was given to me. it made me feel guilty to even think about throwing it out. but someone sat me down and told me that those emotional attachments i had to that stuff would stay with me even if i got rid of the stuff, and if it didn't, well then I never really had a true attachment to it anyway.
just think of the last pair of jeans you threw out was - it's almost hard to think of a specific pair because even though you had them for a long time, once they're gone, they're just another pair of jeans you used to wear.

i'm definitely not a trve minimalist but i have pared down my entire life to about 4-5 boxes of stuff plus musical equipment. feels pretty good to be able to get up and go with just a pickup truck or a van.

hahaha.. some people are sentimental... don't overlook your ability to entangle your external realities with emotional ones.

It's never one way or the other..  You'd want to hang on to as much stuff as can be usefully catalogued..  if the possessions become hindrances, then you must stop

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 00:23:21 »
I'm not saying people can't compress, I considered moving onto a small boat, but that's still a far cry from the sterile environment shown in the photos.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 00:29:33 »
I'm not saying people can't compress, I considered moving onto a small boat, but that's still a far cry from the sterile environment shown in the photos.

as in live in a yacht ? with the champagne bar and bubble tub, and the bikini females ?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 00:52:58 »
i'm a pretty serious minimalist

storage space is my number 1 priority when thinking about living spaces

everyone who comes into my dorm room always remarks on how clean it is

but they don't know about the drawer full of keyboards
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 01:24:29 »
i'm a pretty serious minimalist

storage space is my number 1 priority when thinking about living spaces

everyone who comes into my dorm room always remarks on how clean it is

but they don't know about the drawer full of keyboards

that's cuz you live in a dorm room though..  If you get a larger place, the mindset changes.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 02:40:15 »

as in live in a yacht ? with the champagne bar and bubble tub, and the bikini females ?
Party at Leslie's place!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 20:10:32 »

I have a 10yo daughter, so no environment would be anywhere near as sterile as those.  My thoughts were more about my personal spaces, and how they seem to be getting smaller due to the increasing number of accumulated things.  If the philosophy can spread to other parts of the house, so much the better.

This is good - I like ideas like that.  I'm still trying to find an incentive to actually get rid of some stuff.

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 20:11:39 »
I am a poor **** so I don't own many things.

I want to move into a boat to avoid paying council tax.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 20:48:56 »

Party at Leslie's place!

Tp4 am invited ? Tp4 can't fordz champagan.. but willing to spring for industrial box wine.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 20:57:14 »
Minimalism sounds good (makes us feel good temporarily) but we can't escape the inevitable, we'll re-horde after we purge..its in our nature (humans)... we all need Korean customs at one point its just whether you're in denial or not. :D

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 21:04:18 »
Minimalism sounds good (makes us feel good temporarily) but we can't escape the inevitable, we'll re-horde after we purge..its in our nature (humans)... we all need Korean customs at one point its just whether you're in denial or not. :D

I'm in the re-horde and purge boat.  My first boss had owned his business for 25 years when I started with him and kept everything.  After spending a few years cleaning out his old stuff, it really ingrained in me that while I think I might use something one day, it also might sit in a storage container for 15 years and I'll forget where it is and buy another.  Seeing that happen so many times made me think about an object in a realistic way, not just a sentimental one.  I have crutches I hold onto, sure, but I try to limit them.
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 22:39:37 »

Party at Leslie's place!
I said small boat, not a yacht.

Anyhow, yes, party at my place anytime, day or night... Don't worry about knocking, just come in through the back, don't worry the dogs won't bite. Guaranteed to be a life changing event.
Address is 1600 Pensylvania Ave. Washington, DC.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 07:04:26 »
My great grandparents lived through both world wars and the crisis after them. I've helped clean/rebuild/decorate places, where they (or people their generation) lived and it's always been a humbling experience. I'm not sure how many people (in first-world countries) can imagine manually making their own planks with primitive tools or reusing _nails_, and not only because they weren't affordable, but because weren't _available_ at all. Keeping stuff comes handy then.

…and **** will hit the fan again, rather sooner than later.

I'm not opposed to owning/using relatively few high-quality things, but even those require maintenance, that you can either outsource, or it's necessary to keep tools and what not.

And really, that's the failure of Rob Rhinehart mentioned above.
Now I don’t need any of them [power plants]. I am electrically self reliant. My home life runs comfortably on a single 100W solar panel, which cost $150 and was available on Amazon Prime.
No, you idiot. How do you think your solar panels are made? How does Amazon run? How is your soylent made? …

Being self-reliant is great. Buying soylent (and forgetting how to cook) is not that, though.

It's even more apparent with backpackers. The guys that always go lightweight look cool… until they start asking everyone around to lend them basically everything.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 07:10:20 »

Offline suntorywhisky

• IG
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 07:30:58 »
Think about the things that truly add value to your life. That motto has helped me de-clutter and decrease the mental weight of possessing things I don't really need or use.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 11:54:02 »
Think about the things that truly add value to your life. That motto has helped me de-clutter and decrease the mental weight of possessing things I don't really need or use.

The problem is less simple than that,

Because the dynamic of LIFE is that nothing can be ADDED to it..   because nothing makes you live longer.

You're always spending life despite any and all choice..

And because regardless of whether you're a poor man when you die at 70 or if you're a rich man when you die at 70,  You've spent the same amount of your worth of LIFE, 70 years, to get there..

So, when people want to ADD value, or Accumulate..  This entire concept may need re-examining.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 13:26:25 »
The guys that always go lightweight look cool… until they start asking everyone around to lend them basically everything.

I was gonna ask to borrow $5..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 16:50:07 »
The guys that always go lightweight look cool… until they start asking everyone around to lend them basically everything.

hey can i borrow your toothbrush.... and $2.5 of that fiver

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 17:06:40 »

hey can i borrow your toothbrush.... and $2.5 of that fiver

iGoTcHuFaM

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 18:53:39 »
Vid
Yup, sh*t happens.
You get those same problems with RVs and houses down in valleys, excect they don't sink when things go wrong... Usually.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 20:12:02 »
Vid
Yup, sh*t happens.
You get those same problems with RVs and houses down in valleys, excect they don't sink when things go wrong... Usually.

amphibious rv..  or idk.. do they make luxury submarine homes ?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 05:01:57 »
Vid
Yup, sh*t happens.

Florida has a bunch of those. But over here they just call them houses :))

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 16:50:34 »
Vid
Yup, sh*t happens.

Florida has a bunch of those. But over here they just call them houses :))

From google it seems dubai has an actual house / boat in the works..

Comes with its own coral garden.

only 10-15 million.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 21:11:49 »
I used to work with someone who actually did live on a boat.

However that was while he was in Melbourne - I gathered that he had some sort of mansion up in QLD.

No idea how big the boat was.

I have not got any boats.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 21:51:48 »
I used to work with someone who actually did live on a boat.

However that was while he was in Melbourne - I gathered that he had some sort of mansion up in QLD.

No idea how big the boat was.

I have not got any boats.

Just remember that every time he goes poop, he drops his fecal matter into our oceans. PROTECT OUR BEACHES!!!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 23:12:06 »
Recently I've been buying WAY more stuff then I usually do and I feel GREAT!! :D

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 04:48:16 »
Recently I've been buying WAY more stuff then I usually do and I feel GREAT!! :D

then the bill comes...

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 04:59:17 »

then the bill comes...

(Attachment Link)

what the police?

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 06:20:48 »

then the bill comes...

(Attachment Link)

what the police?

Are you a cop...  you must answer.... if asked..

does that apply online.

Offline kolec94

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 08:10:44 »
I think that is somewhat of a misconception that minimalism means less stuff It is just a cleaner look of the stuff you have because a lot of the minimalist design have storage and storage that is described as other items

kbparadise v60 blues

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 09:03:56 »
I think that is somewhat of a misconception that minimalism means less stuff It is just a cleaner look of the stuff you have because a lot of the minimalist design have storage and storage that is described as other items

So minimalism is still having the same amount of stuff, just keeping in storage and out of view?

I call that "organzied". :D

Offline kolec94

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 09:44:05 »

So minimalism is still having the same amount of stuff, just keeping in storage and out of view?

Yes pretty much having evrything clean and organized and not having it look cluttered is all minimalism is

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

kbparadise v60 blues

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 10:10:38 »
If I could be a minimalist it would solve so many problems in my life. I've never been diagnosed with ADD, but I currently have about 20 hobbies, I have over 40 tabs open in Chrome covering at least 15 different topics and my work spaces are all cluttered with unfinished projects.

In Techno there is a sub-genre called minimalism where there are very few layers. Usually just a TB-303 and a TR-909 or TR-808. Some very amazing music comes from this simple 2 track (unless you record each drum out to a track) method.

Offline kolec94

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 11:10:58 »
If I could be a minimalist it would solve so many problems in my life. I've never been diagnosed with ADD, but I currently have about 20 hobbies, I have over 40 tabs open in Chrome covering at least 15 different topics and my work spaces are all cluttered with unfinished projects.

In Techno there is a sub-genre called minimalism where there are very few layers. Usually just a TB-303 and a TR-909 or TR-808. Some very amazing music comes from this simple 2 track (unless you record each drum out to a track) method.
you should try taking a look at what you have actually done with that hobby after same a month and see if it is still just as enthusiastic about that hobby as you were before

kbparadise v60 blues

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 12:31:44 »

/zerg rush, kekeke,   

/just messed up ur ****..

//wha wha....

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 12:46:41 »

/zerg rush, kekeke,   

/just messed up ur ****..

//wha wha....

I learn new stuff every day here!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 12:54:36 »
Yeah I feel like people stuff their crap into storage and then take pics of their clean setups and call it minimal.