Author Topic: Hello, all!  (Read 2318 times)

Offline drfilco

Hello, all!
« on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 19:26:59 »
Ahoy!

I'm about a year into my mechanical keyboard hobby, and I couldn't be happier with it. I had no idea what I was missing...

I started after getting a dome board that was so unusually bad and mushy (Onn Soft‑Touch LK6400) that I couldn't bring myself to continue using it - and decided to see what all this "mechanical" fuss was about. I got the cheapest Easterntimes Tech board I could find on Amazon... and it was the best keyboard I'd ever used. If this was the bottom of the market, I thought, I have *got* to see how things go up from here.

A bit over one year later, I'm on my fourth board and my second Filco... an SA set coming for one, and an aluminum case on the way for the other. I have discovered interface bliss - and I'm never going back, happily immersed in my new obsession. Ha!

I've lurked here since December of last year when I joined the group buy for 1964 SA - I finally decided to join in, so cheers!

Offline raxander

Re: Hello, all!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 21:11:38 »
Welcome!  That Onn does sound truly awful.  I think I found your review of it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RY273706FRWG6/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00D3TIMU0

What switches do you have on your Filco?

Offline drfilco

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 22:37:00 »
Ha! Guilty. I like to have fun with those.

I've got an MJ2 with mx brown switches that the 1965 SA set is going on, and I've got a Camo with mx blues - which I got for the media function layer. I'm putting a black aluminum case and black PBT keys on that one.

Offline raxander

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 19:55:53 »
Nice. Enjoy!  I also have an MJ2 with browns, but I'm on to heavier switches and 60% layout so it doesn't get used. Can't bear to part with it yet though :)