Author Topic: [GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case (cancelled)  (Read 7667 times)

Offline ItsBarney01

[GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case (cancelled)
« on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 06:42:08 »
Current status: Cancelled. All invoices refunded or in the process of being refunded.

Hi all,
It is with great regret and disappointment that I inform you that the group buy has been cancelled due to a lack of paid invoices.

Even though this was ultimately a failure, I have learnt a lot through this experience and I hope that in the future I can bring a better product to the market, and maybe even have a successful group buy. Thanks so much to everyone who showed interest, replied to posts and anything else relevant to this venture.

Thanks a lot, Barney.  :)
More
More
-----------Update 3rd November 2017----------
Hi all, here is an update on the overall state of this group buy:
In the order stage, 5 orders were placed, out of the original 10 that were planned. While this is only half, I decided that it would be best to just get the group buy going, and I would buy the remaining 5.

So far, only 3 out of the 5 invoices that have been sent have been paid, and this is too low to continue the GB.
This leaves me with three possible steps/options that can be taken from here:

1) I will contact the manufactuer to evaluate more options in terms of reducing the order quantity, and then we may be able to proceed with the current number of paid invoices.
2) I will re open the order form, and therefore will be able to accept more orders, allowing us to reach the minimum paid order count required currently (being 5)
3) If all else fails and I have not come up with a solution, the group buy will most likely be cancelled on Sunday the 12th of November. All invoices will be refunded.

Thanks all. Expect another update during this weekend, or early next week.

Hello everyone, the time has come for the machined case that I have been working on for the last few months to be released here on Geekhack for a limited group buy.

For this first run, only 10 cases will be availaible, so be sure to get in fast! I'm sorry to have to limit it to this quantity, but I can not afford the risk of a more expensive group buy at this time. In the future, larger quantities may be run, but since this is my first group buy, 10 will be the limit.

The case will cost $249 USD, including international shipping. Included will be a left and right case (with your choice of blue, grey or silver annodisation), a left and right switch plate (with your choice of finish), assembly screws and rubber feet.

https://goo.gl/SwMUuJ]Click here to place an order[/s]
The group buy will run until the 22nd of October, or until 10 orders are confirmed.

Previous Updates
More
------- UPDATE 19 OCTOBER 2017 -------
Thanks so much to everyone who has joined the group buy so far! Currently, there are 5 orders placed. I am willing to buy out 3 of the orders, so in order to reach MOQ of 10 orders, 2 more orders are required. If you are on the fence about this product, now is the time to pull the trigger! The GB will close at 11:59PM AEST on Sunday the 22nd of October, so be sure to get in before then if you wish to join.  :thumb:

Once again, thanks so much to everyone who has ordered so far, as well as anyone who has participated in the discussion in the GB and IC here on Geekhack and Reddit.  :)

If anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Feel free to PM me, reply here or email me at contact.bnykb@gmail.com

---------------------------------------------
------- UPDATE 22nd OCTOBER 2017 -------
Hi everyone, today is the final day of the Let's Split Machined Aluminium case. As previously stated, the GB will end on the 22nd of October, 11:59PM AEST. For any final questions, reply here, send me a pm, contact me on reddit, or email me at contact.bnykb@gmail.com.

Invoicing will begin as soon as the GB ends, and all invoices should be sent out within a few days of the GB ending. Quick payments are much appreciated, as there is little to no room for people to drop out of this GB.  :thumb:

Thanks a lot to everyone who has purchased so far, and I can't wait to get this GB started!  :) :) :)

Details:
- 5 Degree incline
- Anodised sandblasted machined aluminium
- Designed for the "Let's Split" PCBs, with pro micros mounted with this style of black spacers for the best fit.

Renders:

More renders:

More

*Note that while depicted in some renders, no switches, keycaps, or parts other than specified on the order form will be included.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 November 2017, 00:19:09 by ItsBarney01 »

^^^Click for instagram^^^

Offline ItsBarney01

Re: [GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 06:42:24 »
Previous:
More
Hello everyone, the time has come for the machined case that I have been working on for the last few months to be released here on Geekhack for a limited group buy.

For this first run, only 10 cases will be availaible, so be sure to get in fast! I'm sorry to have to limit it to this quantity, but I can not afford the risk of a more expensive group buy at this time. In the future, larger quantities may be run, but since this is my first group buy, 10 will be the limit.

The case will cost $249 USD, including international shipping. Included will be a left and right case (with your choice of blue, grey or silver annodisation), a left and right switch plate (with your choice of finish), assembly screws and rubber feet.

https://goo.gl/SwMUuJ]Click here to place an order[/s]
The group buy will run until the 22nd of October, or until 10 orders are confirmed.

Previous Updates
More
------- UPDATE 19 OCTOBER 2017 -------
Thanks so much to everyone who has joined the group buy so far! Currently, there are 5 orders placed. I am willing to buy out 3 of the orders, so in order to reach MOQ of 10 orders, 2 more orders are required. If you are on the fence about this product, now is the time to pull the trigger! The GB will close at 11:59PM AEST on Sunday the 22nd of October, so be sure to get in before then if you wish to join.  :thumb:

Once again, thanks so much to everyone who has ordered so far, as well as anyone who has participated in the discussion in the GB and IC here on Geekhack and Reddit.  :)

If anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Feel free to PM me, reply here or email me at contact.bnykb@gmail.com

------- UPDATE 22nd OCTOBER 2017 -------
Hi everyone, today is the final day of the Let's Split Machined Aluminium case. As previously stated, the GB will end on the 22nd of October, 11:59PM AEST. For any final questions, reply here, send me a pm, contact me on reddit, or email me at contact.bnykb@gmail.com.

Invoicing will begin as soon as the GB ends, and all invoices should be sent out within a few days of the GB ending. Quick payments are much appreciated, as there is little to no room for people to drop out of this GB.  :thumb:

Thanks a lot to everyone who has purchased so far, and I can't wait to get this GB started!  :) :) :)

Details:
- 5 Degree incline
- Anodised sandblasted machined aluminium
- Designed for the "Let's Split" PCBs, with pro micros mounted with this style of black spacers for the best fit.

Renders:

More renders:

More

*Note that while depicted in some renders, no switches, keycaps, or parts other than specified on the order form will be included.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 October 2017, 16:40:49 by ItsBarney01 »

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
Re: [GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 09:17:41 »
As a reminder to all, CAVEAT EMPTOR

GLWGB! :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: [GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case (Taking Orders)
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 15:58:13 »
good luck with your gb sir, great work and thanks for sharing it here on gh
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline ItsBarney01

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 16:18:09 »
good luck with your gb sir, great work and thanks for sharing it here on gh
Thanks! Hopefully all goes well!  :thumb:

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 17:52:40 »
Damn that's pricey and I want one.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline ItsBarney01

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 06:09:11 »
Added a few more renders; Grey is looking goooooood  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Get in soon!
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 October 2017, 00:55:34 by ItsBarney01 »

Offline SiegeTowers

wow. this is one expensive case. :/

Offline ItsBarney01

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 06 October 2017, 00:55:14 »
wow. this is one expensive case. :/
Haha, yeah not to cheap due to the split nature of the case, as well as the low order quantity. Hopefully there is still enough people interested to fill the 10 spots!

Offline ItsBarney01

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 01:14:58 »
Roughly 1 week left to order; if you are planning on ordering please order soon so we can reach the order quantity and get this group buy going!  :thumb:

Offline Scarhoof

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 01:22:21 »
How are orders looking so far?

Offline ItsBarney01

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 05:25:51 »
How are orders looking so far?
It's looking O.K. so far. If we can't make the full 10 orders by the 22nd, I may be willing to buy out up to 3 cases, in order to allow the GB to proceed. :thumb:

Offline ItsBarney01

Re: [GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case (2 more orders required for MOQ)
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 01:22:37 »

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 01:38:18 by ItsBarney01 »

Offline ItsBarney01

Re: [GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case (final day to order)
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 18:56:41 »

Offline ItsBarney01

Re: [GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case (extras available; read below)
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 04:57:20 »
Hi all, problems have surfaced that mean that the GB can not proceed in the current state. Please read the update in the original post for more information.

Offline ItsBarney01

Re: [GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case (cancelled)
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 00:18:07 »
Hi all,
It is with great regret and disappointment that I inform you that the group buy has been cancelled due to a lack of paid invoices.

Even though this was ultimately a failure, I have learnt a lot through this experience and I hope that in the future I can bring a better product to the market, and maybe even have a successful group buy. Thanks so much to everyone who showed interest, replied to posts and anything else relevant to this venture.

Thanks a lot, Barney.  :)

Offline Scarhoof

Re: [GB] "Let's Split" Machined Aluminium case (cancelled)
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 23:35:44 »
I was sad to see the invoice refunded as I really hoped to get one of these. Thanks for all your work on this and hopefully we can regroup later and pull this one off.