Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Royal Alpha  (Read 87049 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [IC] ePBT Royal Alpha
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 19:21:33 »
Got any updates on timeline and so on? Vendors? GB time? Looking forward to this set a lot :)

This will be handled just by KBDFans just like how Kuro/Shiro was done. For right now I'm basically waiting on CNY to be over and then we can finish up the details to move to GB phase. With the Coronavirus dealio going on there's a chance that could affect our timeline too.

Would the 2019-nCoV delay the buy? Where is KBDFans located?

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 09:58:46 »
Got any updates on timeline and so on? Vendors? GB time? Looking forward to this set a lot :)

This will be handled just by KBDFans just like how Kuro/Shiro was done. For right now I'm basically waiting on CNY to be over and then we can finish up the details to move to GB phase. With the Coronavirus dealio going on there's a chance that could affect our timeline too.

Do you plan on keeping it as one large base kit or doing child kits?

Offline sh_xguitar

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 00:20:06 »
Looking forward for this set. Please release timeline really soon..

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 02:57:04 »

The plan is splitting the bottom portion of international keys off as a child kit and keeping the upper main portion of keys as the base kit.

Offline sh_xguitar

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 19:23:51 »
Umm, I am curious about light/apple green modifier. Would it available in the future?

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 20:51:08 »

The plan is splitting the bottom portion of international keys off as a child kit and keeping the upper main portion of keys as the base kit.

no plans for ortho?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 21:01:30 »

no plans for ortho?

What you see here is our final kits contents, no plans for dedicated ortho at this time.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #257 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 21:58:02 »
Apologies if this has already been asked but can you inquire about convex short space bars? Apparently epbt can do them for 2, 2.25, and 2.75 now

Offline bananasplit_00

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 02:00:27 »
They are already in there, look by the accent coloured numpad enter :)

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 07:36:13 »
They are already in there, look by the accent coloured numpad enter :)

Yeah I see the spacebars are there but I did not see anything indicating they were convex instead of concave (spacebar shape and not shift key shape). Supposedly, EPBT can do that now and the first set was Simple JA

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 17:02:49 »
Back in touch with Wei, confirmed that the little spacebars will be convex. Just making sure that the small type with the Intl kit 9 key is fixed up and then we're basically ready for business.

Offline yui_

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 17:18:34 »
to me, those homing keys in the sample image are scooped without homing bar, will those homing keys be an option in the gb? the layout image isnt clear.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 17:35:01 »
Back in touch with Wei, confirmed that the little spacebars will be convex. Just making sure that the small type with the Intl kit 9 key is fixed up and then we're basically ready for business.

Heck yeah convex mini bars!

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 19:55:49 »
to me, those homing keys in the sample image are scooped without homing bar, will those homing keys be an option in the gb? the layout image isnt clear.

It's not super easy to see in the resized embed, but those are bars.

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 00:07:06 »
Good to see that both you and this IC are still alive. I haven't kept up with this and haven't seen donutcat post anything as of late. You can be sure that I'm in when this goes into GB though. Love me some good ePBT sets.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 18:12:14 »
So here is the state of things: Nothing right now is really going like anyone planned and everything’s a giant kerfuffle. I’ve been offered the chance to skip the GB process entirely and have this set go straight to “in stock” via KBDFans.

I think this is probably the right choice considering a GB process at this time is just more stress to deal with on either side, not to mention the insecurity of having money tied up until production is done. This way the wait time before you can order is longer, but it should be days instead of months between ordering and receiving a set. Plus, it makes it much more accessible to those who would otherwise be rushed and inconvenienced by the timeline of a GB.

Let me know your thoughts, but barring any difficulties this is how things will proceed.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 18:16:52 »
So here is the state of things: Nothing right now is really going like anyone planned and everything’s a giant kerfuffle. I’ve been offered the chance to skip the GB process entirely and have this set go straight to “in stock” via KBDFans.

I think this is probably the right choice considering a GB process at this time is just more stress to deal with on either side, not to mention the insecurity of having money tied up until production is done. This way the wait time before you can order is longer, but it should be days instead of months between ordering and receiving a set. Plus, it makes it much more accessible to those who would otherwise be rushed and inconvenienced by the timeline of a GB.

Let me know your thoughts, but barring any difficulties this is how things will proceed.

Doesn't bother me a bit. Honestly probably better in the long term, and doesn't really affect us end users much from a timeline standpoint. give money and wait, or wait and give money.

Thanks for the update!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 18:18:26 »
I'm okay with it going to an in-stock option.

Not that it means much since it'll sell out immediately anyhow

Offline pcire

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 18:25:16 »
How is the pricing affected? I’m guessing it’d be cheaper if we’d be able to support the set as gb buyers?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 18:29:52 »
Any chance of adding in R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn at this point? Compatibility looks great otherwise; might pick this up at some point if it becomes an in-stock option, but those two would really be a must.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 18:47:17 »
I'm okay with it going to an in-stock option.

Not that it means much since it'll sell out immediately anyhow

On one hand, that'd be neat, but on the other hand, yeah that'd be a pain for some people waiting for next batch. I'm thinking the initial batch size will help have a bit of a cushion there, but I guess we have to  see.

How is the pricing affected? I’m guessing it’d be cheaper if we’d be able to support the set as gb buyers?

We're looking to keep the price increase down moving from GB to in-stock, part of which is I'm taking a drop to my per-set cut to help get the costs down.

Any chance of adding in R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn at this point? Compatibility looks great otherwise; might pick this up at some point if it becomes an in-stock option, but those two would really be a must.

I'll bring that up, but that this point kit contents are almost for sure locked in.

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:12:08 »
An in-stock item is good if there is a lot of them, but with the shamelessly increase of scalpers, there could be people who have been following the IC and want the set, to not  get it.

Offline bananasplit_00

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 04:52:22 »
Well KBDFans dont currently ship here so if it goes into stock before they do again i for one wont be able to get it :/ If it wasnt for that detail id be fine with it

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 05:08:44 »

I'll bring that up, but that this point kit contents are almost for sure locked in.

Alright, thanks.

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 06:36:42 »
An in-stock item is good if there is a lot of them, but with the shamelessly increase of scalpers, there could be people who have been following the IC and want the set, to not  get it.

Well KBDFans dont currently ship here so if it goes into stock before they do again i for one wont be able to get it :/ If it wasnt for that detail id be fine with it

Same concerns here. I've got no pb with this set being sold in stock instead of preoredered with a GB, if there is enough stock and if KBDFans ships again to EU.

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 09:24:02 »
Same concerns here. I've got no pb with this set being sold in stock instead of preoredered with a GB, if there is enough stock and if KBDFans ships again to EU.

kbdfans stoped shipping to EU due to Covid-19, or something before that?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 16:35:46 »
Well, the original plan was having KBDFans running the GB themselves anyway, so this is still a step up overall. There was going to be little to no savings for shipping cost for a bulk shipment of boxes to me then me distributing them vs per-buyer shipping direct from them, especially with the newer tariffs that would hit a bulk shipment but not individual orders. And in the time a single bulk shipment could reach me, individual orders could have reached buyers.

Shipping issues with Covid are a bit of an issue, but the good news is in-stock batches will give immensely more opportunity for everyone to pick up a set than a single GB run would have, *especially* with these issues ongoing.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 19:10:15 »

I have 0 problem with this, in fact i'd almost prefer this option!

Offline wencan008

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 21:02:18 »
I've got no issues with in stock, and if anything, would prefer to place my order later rather than earlier at the moment.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 21:12:08 »
would it be possible to open the sale up a few days early in private? or somehow get a securement code in advance? I think the big concern is that in a GB you are guaranteed a spot. Some of the concerns of in stock is that if the mob hits it immediately and it sells out instantly, there would be those that patiently followed this whole process that end up not being able to get it because the wolves hit it first

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 22:04:57 »
would it be possible to open the sale up a few days early in private? or somehow get a securement code in advance? I think the big concern is that in a GB you are guaranteed a spot. Some of the concerns of in stock is that if the mob hits it immediately and it sells out instantly, there would be those that patiently followed this whole process that end up not being able to get it because the wolves hit it first
I think the way Wei wants to run sets now is to keep making them until there is no longer demand.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 07:23:49 »
I think the way Wei wants to run sets now is to keep making them until there is no longer demand.

Interesting. So for example the bow posted now on his site is expected to be restocked when it sells out?

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 07:45:18 »

Interesting. So for example the bow posted now on his site is expected to be restocked when it sells out?

I think a more appropriate example would be ePBT 9009, that went 3 rounds because of it's popularity.

There's no predicting what will be restocked and what won't be restocked so fomo is still a thing. The best thing to do is to keep up with the store page and the KBDFans discord to keep track of what will happen.

They're usually communicative on updates on the discord.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 15:59:09 »
To confirm, yes this is planning on being restocked somewhat continuously as long as there is demand for it. Initial amount will be at least 200 and then we'll go from there in batches.

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 05:40:24 »

Did the set went live yesterday and sold out already?

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 07:56:49 »
Show Image

Did the set went live yesterday and sold out already?
On the bottom of the product page (https://kbdfans.com/collections/keycaps/products/epbt-x-donutcat-royal-alpha-keycaps-set):

This is not a group purchase, and 200 sets are expected to be produced in stock by the end of may. Add to the waiting list and you will be notified by email upon arrival.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 12:56:52 »
Damn that went fast.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 13:19:55 »
Damn that went fast.

Quote from: kbdfans
This is not a group purchase, and 200 sets are expected to be produced in stock by the end of may. Add to the waiting list and you will be notified by email upon arrival.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 15:43:16 »
Yeah, I had planned to post about it earlier today but got beat to the punch it seems.

https://kbdfans.com/collections/keycaps/products/epbt-x-donutcat-royal-alpha-keycaps-set

As it says, should be end of May or early June the sets are ready.

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #289 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 19:51:23 »
Yeah, I had planned to post about it earlier today but got beat to the punch it seems.

https://kbdfans.com/collections/keycaps/products/epbt-x-donutcat-royal-alpha-keycaps-set

As it says, should be end of May or early June the sets are ready.
Thanks Donut for confirming. I'm on the Discord for kbdfans but for some reasons, even with all the notifications turned on for the announcements channel, I don't received them. It's annoying, especially since they do the announcement at random hours

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #290 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 22:52:30 »
Soon™

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 20:04:35 »

Offline bananasplit_00

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 01:53:52 »
Still looking forwards to these caps, hope i can grab a set before they go

Offline Capsy

« Reply #293 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 21:04:03 »
Soon
Any ETA on this, donut? Thanks

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #294 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 22:41:49 »
Soon

Well the darndest happened. *I* was informed stuff would be ready soon, I said soon here, and I've not been privy to any new information on the set as of yet :/

I'm hoping it's just small delays but I'll be hitting Wei up Monday to see if there's any info.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 22:42:50 »
Soon

Well the darndest happened. *I* was informed stuff would be ready soon, I said soon here, and I've not been privy to any new information on the set as of yet :/

I'm hoping it's just small delays but I'll be hitting Wei up Monday to see if there's any info.

Here's to that as well, I've been hawking it

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 20:13:27 »
Any news on this set?

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 04:16:34 »
Set just went up and picked up my order.

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #298 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 05:16:15 »
Yes, got one!! The bot on KBDfans discord made the announcement around 5:23 AM ET,  but  strangely I haven't received an e-mail letting me know that it went live, even when I've signed up to be alerted.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #299 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 06:19:09 »
Just ordered mine as of 5 minutes ago. Really happy to see this set still alive and coming through again. Here comes another legitimate keycap set to the first custom keyboard I'm making  :D