Poll

One big NorDeUK kit or separate NorDe and UK ISO kits?

One big NorDeUK kit
35 (58.3%)
Separate NorDe and UK ISO kits
25 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: [IC] SA Troubled Minds Round 2  (Read 64493 times)

Offline a_ak57

Re: [IC] SA Troubled Minds Round 2
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:15:53 »
Just to clarify, is this the case you're talking about?

https://shopkey.doyustudio.com/001kit00bsg

Looks like the GB ended very recently, so you might be able to change your order to one with blockers for the symmetric 7u HHKB layout since it's not like they've made the cases yet.  Just explain how passionate you are about using Troubled Minds on the board.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:18:46 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 March 2018, 08:48:05 by jimirolln »

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 21:28:58 »
should have more 1.5u novelties, at least 2 for my 96 keyboard  ;D

I'll look into this.

By any chance adding a 3u spacebar?

Adding a spacebar kit might be a good idea, thanks. Please be warned though that adding all these kits and not having them tip will probably mean cancellations, so I can't promise everything I do a mock-up for will make it into the final set.

Will this round be created using Signature Plastics aggressive 1.1.2.3.4.3 profile or its spherical 2.2.3.3.3.3 profile?

*line edit: word order, spelling, usage*

It will be 1-1-2-3-4-4 like Round 1, I wouldn't want R1 people to have mismatching keys if they just decide to get a kit or two, or be forced to buy because of the change in profile rows.

This is the current mock-up for all-green f-row:

Show Image

This is going to beee sooo dam epic man. Can you give us an ETA so my pocketbook can be ready. This is the most iconic set I have been waiting for since I’ve started doing keyboards

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 22:03:46 »

This is going to beee sooo dam epic man. Can you give us an ETA so my pocketbook can be ready. This is the most iconic set I have been waiting for since I’ve started doing keyboards

I concur with both statements. I have the same question.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 04:56:04 »
Yes please!!!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 13:07:38 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 March 2018, 08:48:23 by jimirolln »

Offline FirstClaes

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 14:35:35 »
I'm really looking forward to this, if the Joker novelties are still in it  :D
Hoping for some Norde love  ;D

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 16:24:57 »
I'm so in!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 17:51:32 »
Thank you for showing your interest. I made a draft for the purple mods kit using the base, numpad and non-standard kit modifiers. If people are interested in this please let us know, and we can discuss what keys we can add/remove from the kit.

NOTE:
I am planning to add a few green on purple novelties to this kit, it's very likely that I'll use the faces.

take your time thesis...we've waited two years...whats a few months...lets get it right

art mods icon keys...all that stuff will be worth more than msrp on the after and 90% of the people who are dying for it to drop don't even know where to find it...the after markup on this set will be more than furniture...look into that if you don't know...just for kicks

i don't plan to buy sets to tax those people...just sayn

mass drop wouldn't let me link the site...i had to link in the description...i don't expect many to find it...and if md does they might rip the poll

sorry for using the pulse in the poll mito...couldn't post with out a second option...and it was the best...love the set

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/sa-keysets you're hilarious man, lol.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2018, 18:04:41 by thesiscamper »

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 17:52:48 »
ALL PURPLE! yes definitely would buy.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 18:12:10 »
Thank you for showing your interest. I made a draft for the purple mods kit using the base, numpad and non-standard kit modifiers. If people are interested in this please let us know, and we can discuss what keys we can add/remove from the kit.

Show Image

NOTE:
I am planning to add a few green on purple novelties to this kit, it's very likely that I'll use the faces.

My wallet is crying but I'm so in.

You should move the 7u spacebar to alphas kits or so though, someone with 7u would need to purchase the regular specialties kit just for that.

Oh and Alphas already include F1-F4 and F9-F12 in purple so you can scratch those too.

Lastly, since you have chose to use abbreviations for keys like SCRLK and PGDN, it only seems fitting to use BKSP for the 1u BACK SPACE as well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2018, 18:22:37 by Oblotzky »

Offline dsaf

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 18:16:03 »
...a complete green function row in mod kit btw, or any similar solution. not really a fan of sandwich colors in FN row

I also like this idea.  Did a super lazy copy/paste job to see what it'd look like with a fully green top row as well as green ~` and |\, and I think it looks spiffy

:thumb:  ALL GREEN top row please!

+1

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 18:21:31 »

Show Image

NOTE:

You should move the 7u spacebar to alphas kits or so though, someone with 7u would need to purchase the regular specialties kit just for that.

But if you need the 7u spacebar you'll probably be needing the rest of the non-standard bottom row mods right?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 18:23:46 »

Show Image

NOTE:

But if you need the 7u spacebar you'll probably be needing the rest of the non-standard bottom row mods right?

I'm talking about people that only want to go for alphas + purple mods for a WKL, they'll have to buy the green non-standard kit for the 7u spacebar.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 18:37:18 »

Show Image

NOTE:

I'm talking about people that only want to go for alphas + purple mods for a WKL, they'll have to buy the green non-standard kit for the 7u spacebar.

I see, my current choices are adding a 7u spacebar in the purple mods kit, or offering a spacebar kit. Thanks!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 19:12:41 »
A quick update:

• Removed F1-F4 and F9-F12 Purplekeys
  • Removed 1x META and added 1x ALT and 1x CTRL (ALL 1u and similar changes will be made to non-standard)
  • Removed 1x 1u SHIFT (this key will be removed from the non-standard kit too)

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 19:27:49 »
A quick update:

• Removed 1x META and added 1x ALT and 1x CTRL (ALL 1u and similar changes will be made to non-standard)

Show Image

Purple ISO enter an option? I only admittedly had a quick glance but only saw the green one on page 1

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 19:49:22 »
A quick update:

Show Image

Purple ISO enter an option? I only admittedly had a quick glance but only saw the green one on page 1

Now that you mention it, how about I add purple ISO mods to the ISO kit?

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 19:58:51 »
A quick update:

Show Image

Now that you mention it, how about I add purple ISO mods to the ISO kit?
Works for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 23:51:46 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 March 2018, 08:48:53 by jimirolln »

Offline hailong88

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 04:35:53 »
Instant buy! Definitely !

Offline kriminal

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 07:21:19 »
finally something for my purple pearl :)
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline BitLuder

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 12:48:05 »
I will buy this in a heartbeat and not complain about the wait or price at all. But only if there is a novelties and norde kit available. I have wanted this set for a long time, but without norde, I can’t use it, and without novelties it is not as cool.

Actually I will buy two sets with those kits, as I know that this is the one set that can get my brother dragged into the world of mechanical keyboards.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 12:54:59 by BitLuder »

Offline breckstar

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 16:27:57 »
Mono legend kit?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 16:34:44 »
Mono legend kit?

Would be dope, but since this isn't a Massdrop run it's too risky to add to the GB I believe.

Offline Saphieron

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 16:52:58 »
I will buy this in a heartbeat and not complain about the wait or price at all. But only if there is a novelties and norde kit available. I have wanted this set for a long time, but without norde, I can’t use it, and without novelties it is not as cool.

Actually I will buy two sets with those kits, as I know that this is the one set that can get my brother dragged into the world of mechanical keyboards.

In that regard, is there any info on a norde kit? I would totally dig that. Also with the novelities, i read somewhere, that there might be some other (additional?) novelities. Any chance there's an update I might have missed?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 17:19:57 »
Is this the NORDE kit? The image is from R1:

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:04:52 »

Show Image

Not sure about all the languages, but it looks spot on for swedish (and I think Finland has the exact same layout). Others should probably chime in. Another point I'd like to add is that it would be great if ISO Return/Enter key and 1.25u Shift were included in the International/Norde kit. Otherwise "NorDe" users has to pick up the UK kit also.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:18:45 »
How would you guys feels about a NorDeUK kit with only secondary legends? (just a quick mockup, legends would be centered etc)

This would cover all the major international countries and have quite good chances at making 25 units. UK people will of course be upset, but wouldn't you rather pay 20$ more than have a high risk of the kit failing because buyers were split between a UK and a NorDe kit?

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:21:57 by Oblotzky »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:24:05 »
More

Show Image

Not sure about all the languages, but it looks spot on for swedish (and I think Finland has the exact same layout). Others should probably chime in. Another point I'd like to add is that it would be great if ISO Return/Enter key and 1.25u Shift were included in the International/Norde kit. Otherwise "NorDe" users has to pick up the UK kit also.

How would you guys feels about a NorDeUK kit with only secondary legends? (just a quick mockup, legends would be centered etc)

This would cover all the major international countries and have quite good chances at making 25 units. UK people will of course be upset, but wouldn't you rather pay 20$ more than have a high risk of the kit failing because buyers were split between a UK and a NorDe kit?

Show Image

I've requested for a poll regarding Norde+UK vs NorDeUK, and I hope we get a significant number of participants to vote on it. In the mean time, I'll just be updating the ISO kit as separate until we have decided on this issue.

These are the current kits. I've reflected changes to the non-standard kit similar to the adjustments in the purple mods kit, and added purple ISO mods to the ISO kit.

edit: moved ESC from ALPHAS to TKL mods ESC moved back to ALPHAS because of Preonic(?)
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:49:22 by thesiscamper »

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:35:38 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

I've requested for a poll regarding Norde+UK vs NorDeUK, and I hope we get a significant number of participants to vote on it. In the mean time, I'll just be updating the ISO kit as separate until we have decided on this issue.

These are the current kits. I've reflected changes to the non-standard kit similar to the adjustments in the purple mods kit, and added purple ISO mods to the ISO kit.

Show Image

where is the link to the poll? 

Also , has the all purple mods been thrown out ?  That was going to be a must buy for me .. I love green but having the option to go all purple is awesome as well.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:50:56 »
More

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

where is the link to the poll? 

Also , has the all purple mods been thrown out ?  That was going to be a must buy for me .. I love green but having the option to go all purple is awesome as well.

I asked for a poll in the thred, we'll have to wait for the mod to set it up. The purple mods are still included, it's just not in the main render for kits.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 18:57:09 »
Still don't see icon mods :thumb: :thumb:

Offline dsaf

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 19:09:20 »
UK people will of course be upset, but wouldn't you rather pay 20$ more than have a high risk of the kit failing because buyers were split between a UK and a NorDe kit?

What made me upset is when SA 1965 - a keyset about a British band - did not get a British key kit due to low demand :mad:. Also GMK Led Zep. All we need now is an SA/GMK Thor keyset without a NorDe kit!

For me decision point in 2018 is not $20 but rather SA Pulse vs SA Retro vs SA T.M. vs SA Nuclear Data vs SA Danger Zone etc.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #184 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 21:06:11 »
Poll is up, thanks infiniti!

Please vote for either one big kit or separate UK and NorDe kits.

Offline keebwarrior

« Reply #185 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 23:04:46 »
Awesome set, what are the chances of the ergodox set making the MOQ?
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 March 2018, 16:35:25 by keebwarrior »

Offline breckstar

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 23:21:34 »
Still don't see icon mods :thumb: :thumb:
I love me some icon mods

Offline beekey

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 02:01:16 »
I see, my current choices are adding a 7u spacebar in the purple mods kit, or offering a spacebar kit. Thanks!

Yes, please add spacebar kit(s). Would love to put this on a BananaSplit/DZ670 with 2.25 and 2.75 blanks/spacebars.

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 15:50:50 »
Keycap Compendium

Key Cap Wishlist

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 17:33:05 »
...wouldn't you rather pay 20$ more than have a high risk of the kit failing because buyers were split between a UK and a NorDe kit?

This is the most logical solution. I hope the "One big NorDeUK kit" wins the poll.
Keycap Compendium

Key Cap Wishlist

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 02:17:52 »
Posted this: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/84yobn/ic_sa_troubled_minds_round_2_news/

did I miss anything?

Thank you for spreading the word, I don't think you missed anything :)

Offline pomk

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 06:15:36 »
If the combined kit for uk & norde will not be the choice, please add the ISO enter & shift to the norde kit as well. It’s only fair that we are not forced to subsidize the uk kit if they vote to have it separate.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 07:08:34 »
If the combined kit for uk & norde will not be the choice, please add the ISO enter & shift to the norde kit as well. It’s only fair that we are not forced to subsidize the uk kit if they vote to have it separate.

I understand, I agree but will have to ask the opinion of others first. Thanks!

Offline pomk

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 10:50:15 »

I understand, I agree but will have to ask the opinion of others first. Thanks!
I'm just saying that they will not be truly separate if I need to purchase both in order to be able to use the norde one.

Offline TastyNico

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 13:29:02 »
The kit from R1 covers all the necessary keys for the German layout.  :thumb: Only mistake is that the key with * + - on it should be * + ~
I prefer Oblotzky's suggestion though because I think 3 legends per cap are ugly on SA.

Thank you a lot for paying attention to a minority like us NorDE users, thesiscamper.  ;D (But hey, 9009 sold like 70 international kits, right?)

I hope this will be happening soon.

And if the information on PMK is up to date ("SA two-shot sets - 5 to 6 months depending on size"), we might even have the set before 2019!

Offline Gghi

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 13:53:15 »
Finally!!! I'm soooooo in. Why there's no Dvorak/Colemak kit, plz add a DC kit!!! begging

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 22:08:22 »
Finally!!! I'm soooooo in. Why there's no Dvorak/Colemak kit, plz add a DC kit!!! begging

I'd like a "Colevrak" kit too, I honestly don't know how many people would be interested in it, so I'm not even going to shoot a rough estimate. I'd say put up another poll once the Norde/UK one finishes.
Keycap Compendium

Key Cap Wishlist

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 22:19:31 »
Keycap Compendium

Key Cap Wishlist

Offline xyverz

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 23:15:41 »
*edit: Dvorak compatibility kit would be nice

I second this. I like this set, but can't see spending so much on a kit without being able to have my layout represented. The full Colevrak kit would get quite a bit of interest, I'm sure.

Offline ullr

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 23:21:32 »
I'm buying ISO either way, I would prefer a cheaper UK kit but if that won't sell enough sets I'm fine with one big ISO kit