Author Topic: What is your favorite tea?  (Read 14013 times)

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
What is your favorite tea?
« on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 09:56:34 »
Lately I have been crushing Earl Grey like a champ.

What do you drink all day for your caffeine fix

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: What is your favorite tea?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 09:58:10 »
My favorite tea is tea

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 09:59:28 »
My favorite tea is tea

Do you use milk and sugar? just milk? just sugar?

GREEN TEA? BLACK TEA?

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:00:59 »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:01:19 »
My favorite tea is tea

GREEN TEA? BLACK TEA?

yeah soya milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar

it's just tea

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:02:28 »
Golden Assam and Matcha.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:05:43 »
Golden Assam and Matcha.

do those come in tea bags or do i need fancy strainer things

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:06:07 »
Golden Assam and Matcha.

Matcha is highly addicting..

The _premium_ iterations have high doses of caffeine.

They've specifically engineered / cultivated strains of tea for higher caffeine content to be made into matcha..

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:09:14 »
Golden Assam and Matcha.

Matcha is highly addicting..

The _premium_ iterations have high doses of caffeine.

They've specifically engineered / cultivated strains of tea for higher caffeine content to be made into matcha..

this sounds right up my alley, looks like it comes in a powder form only?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:13:46 »

this sounds right up my alley, looks like it comes in a powder form only?

Hahaha, yea that's matcha, it's literal tea leaves with the veins of the leaf removed, then powdered..

You're getting Most of the leaf, it's eating tea.. !!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:17:13 »
Lipton

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:19:28 »
Lipton

That is my usual go to after I have my earl grey cups.... consistent tea

Offline AMongoose

• happy workman user
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 10:20:01 »
Assam is pretty dope, I also enjoy english breakfast with a tiny dash of milk.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:19:57 »
A good strong oolong

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:36:26 »
Golden Assam and Matcha.

Can come in both, for Assam. Matcha is powder, so you can just mix it in with the hot water. If you do it the traditional way, there's a way to prepare it with a brush and different amounts of water.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:46:51 »
Golden Assam and Matcha.

Can come in both, for Assam. Matcha is powder, so you can just mix it in with the hot water. If you do it the traditional way, there's a way to prepare it with a brush and different amounts of water.

Im gonna try this matcha stuff, seems even easier than tea bags... can i stir it with a spoon or does the brush make the magic happen

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 11:51:53 »
Golden Assam and Matcha.

Im gonna try this matcha stuff, seems even easier than tea bags... can i stir it with a spoon or does the brush make the magic happen
The matcha powder doesn't mix too easily, so you need any sort of tool to whisk it. A small wire whisk would do the job. The brush was basically the equivalent of a whisk back in those days.

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:44:43 »
What a thread!

I'm drinking a massive Matcha right now in my 1L Hofbrauhaus stein--I go ghetto and use a fork to whisk--which should last me a couple hours. Nothing fancy, just a Mighty Leaf.

- Lipton is terrible, I never take a Lipton even if I'm wanting tea. It's just about OK if you take tea with lemon, but there are many better options. It's huge in Europe, where they don't know tea, but not so in the UK, where they do know tea;
- Taylor's Yorkshire Tea is really tasty for a strong black tea. Milk, one sugar, lovely;
- Marks & Spencer Gold or Silver is great - it's their own brand tea, a more refined taste than standard builder's tea;
- For builder's tea, Tetley is the go-to. You can't go wrong with Tetley.
- Twinings has a nice solid Earl Grey.
- I never could get a taste for the Bigelow Earl Grey, but I think I put that down to the name.

As to those ostentatious teas in silk bags - way overpriced, wasteful, and weak, but I like the fancification and ceremony that comes with it. Tea in the US needs to be elevated on par with the fetishisation of coffee, so if silk bags and cotton strings is what's needed, I'm cool with that.

And as some neat information, there is an ISO for tea brewing. I have a copy, which I can't share sorry, but you can see some highlights in the wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3103

"The protocol has been criticized for omitting any mention of prewarming the pot.[5] Ireland was the only country to object, and objected on technical grounds.[6]"

Cute.

I would have objected as while it does focus on the brewing of tea in a pot, it makes no attempt to address tea bags which is the predominant method (I have no data) of taking tea. This is why you see these monsters who pour in the milk while the teabag is still steeping. For the love of god, let the tea steep, take the bag out, then add the milk.

I'm not a fan of Chais - too sweet and thick.

And as to an accompaniment, I am a fan of minty biscuits with my black tea. Surprisingly Mint Oreos are delicious with a milky black tea.

This is my favourite thread - great job!

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 13:10:44 »
Damn there is some pretty cool looking teas out there! I'm from the US some my tea standards aren't too high at all, iced tea mostly & being honest Snapple Peach would be my favorite. I know that is not an opinion that will go over well here but just being honest. Gonna have to try some these ones you guys are recommending, the Matcha looks particularly interesting to me. I just wonder how easy/hard it would be to get over here in the US since we're not big on hot teas at all?

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 13:26:43 »
Damn there is some pretty cool looking teas out there! I'm from the US some my tea standards aren't too high at all, iced tea mostly & being honest Snapple Peach would be my favorite. I know that is not an opinion that will go over well here but just being honest. Gonna have to try some these ones you guys are recommending, the Matcha looks particularly interesting to me. I just wonder how easy/hard it would be to get over here in the US since we're not big on hot teas at all?

Snapple Peach is best Snapple!

I stock up on my teas whenever I go back to the UK. See Lipton above.

I only started on Matcha recently. It's great if you like warm seaweed water. Very easy to make it too strong which is why I use a massive vessel.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 14:19:28 »
anyone like pu'er tea? A lot of people think it tastes like dirt, but it's just really good aged black tea.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 14:36:00 »

Snapple Peach is best Snapple!

I stock up on my teas whenever I go back to the UK. See Lipton above.

I only started on Matcha recently. It's great if you like warm seaweed water. Very easy to make it too strong which is why I use a massive vessel.

Damn, nice posts, quoted the shorter one because of the warm seaweed water line.

Is that the taste of matcha? salty/briny? kinda the opposite of what i think about when thinking of tea, does it have a quality that is familiar with green teas or is it a different beast altogether

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 15:00:49 »

Matcha works fine in a blender.. (some consider this over-oxygenation)

It also works shaken in a sports protein cup, (you may have to shake really hard depending on how high quality the powder is).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 15:03:52 »
anyone like pu'er tea? A lot of people think it tastes like dirt, but it's just really good aged black tea.

It's a cheese situation..

Overall , I don't find anything wrong with it,  all teas taste like dirt if you drink enough..

I recommend keeping an eye on steeping temperature for aged tea though..  Too hot makes it feel like soup..

Again nothing wrong with soup.. !!

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 15:46:09 »
Damn, nice posts, quoted the shorter one because of the warm seaweed water line.

Is that the taste of matcha? salty/briny? kinda the opposite of what i think about when thinking of tea, does it have a quality that is familiar with green teas or is it a different beast altogether

More like dirt, which is most teas as TP says, with a hint of brine in the nose. It has the texture and consistency with hot chocolate as it's a very fine powder (without the milky sweetness), and looks like swamp water or a bad case of the poops. It's somewhere between green tea and black tea, with an orthogonal divergence into a bitter funky health drink-esque blended grass.

From my description I have no idea why I drink it - it's one of these things like alcohol or avocado that adults like but kids would wonder wtf are you putting in your mouth. You learn to like it I guess.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 16:31:37 »
Jasmine.

I'd probably also like nutmeg.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 16:42:49 »
Chyros, you're a chemist, right? Can you pick out any salient information from this?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2820987/

I was trying to find whether black tea has any fat-soluble compounds, but my eyes crossed looking at all the big words.

EDIT: further on the debate, here is a decent amount of discussion on the milk addition. WALL OF TEXT WARNING:

More
As Joshua Engel notes, temperature is really the most salient point. Brewing tea at a lower temperature will change the flavor notes that emerge (because of different solubilities of different components at various temperatures). If adding milk lowers the brewing temperature, it will definitely change the flavor.

That's probably the source of the common belief that adding milk during steeping will decrease astringency of tea. In that case, it's likely that simply the lowering of the steeping temperature is actually causing the decrease in astringent tea compounds, which are less soluble at lower temperatures. (This decrease in astringency -- which is a common flavor feature of many teas -- is probably also the source of the belief among some that adding milk during steeping will decrease flavor overall.)

But that's not the only issue. As noted here:

the presence of other components in the brewing water, such as minerals and proteins from milk, affect the rate of extraction, and therefore the flavor.

However, that link goes on to note, "For most people this isn’t a concern, though, because they judge the strength of the brewed tea based on its color and pour in the milk after removing the bag." And if you're the sort of person who just dunks a tea bag in water until it's "the right color," when you add the milk isn't likely to be a major concern in flavor. If you're more careful about steeping, e.g., measuring the amount of tea precisely, measuring steep time, ensuring a consistent brew temperature, etc., then you might be more likely to notice a minor difference even if the milk is heated and added earlier.

And sometimes the difference in flavor can be quite noticeable, depending on the type of milk and the precise flavor compounds in the tea (which may be more or less soluble in milk). For example, see this informal experiment with ginger "tea." (I put "tea" in quotation marks because the "tea" in question contained no tea leaves. Some people consider "herbal infusions" to be "tea"; others don't use that term. The question is ambiguous, so I'm assuming a broad definition here.)

While it's hardly a rigorous experimental method, it seems that the blind taster here found that the ginger flavor was enhanced by adding milk during brewing. Moreover, the higher the fat content of the milk, the greater this effect (most likely due to fat-soluble compounds), with half-and-half producing an even more significant effect than plain milk.

Other spiced teas (including spiced black teas, rather than simply herbal infusions) also frequently make use of this effect. Chai tea is one of the more traditional examples, where the "one pot method" generally involves steeping at least part of the time with the added milk.

More generally, adding milk during brewing is therefore likely to affect the flavor balance in some way, but the particular impact will likely vary depending on the type of tea and its particular flavor components. As with most things, the best advice is probably just to try brewing it both ways for your favorite teas, and see which you like better.

Additional notes:

I did a brief search for examples of more rigorous scientific studies on the issue of milk and tea component solubility, but I didn't find anything quickly. (I'm not saying there isn't anything out there, but nothing came up in top hits for a couple searches.) Instead, the most common debate about milk and tea seems to be about whether adding it impacts its health effects (see here for a recent review of the literature). Adding milk does change the tea chemistry in various ways, as noted there, but there doesn't seem to be much research on brewing in milk.

One final issue that may impact this question is denaturing of milk proteins, which can happen when they are overheated. This mostly comes up in the perennial debate about whether to add milk to the cup before or after tea. The Royal Society of Chemistry gave a ruling on this point long ago, claiming that putting milk in the cup first allowed a more even heating of the milk and thereby decreased possibilities of "clumping," "skin," and other marks of milk degradation when heated. I bring this last point up because obviously brewing the tea along with the milk will also have an impact on this issue. And if you're brewing tea with a bag in a mug (rather than a separate pot for brewing), adding the milk before brewing would be the only way to follow this advice. (In any event, the impact on the milk is probably not even noticeable to many; hence the debate on when to add the milk in general.)
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 April 2018, 16:50:41 by emenelopee »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 17:01:08 »
tea, earl grey, hot

or if it's bedtime, chamomile
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 17:14:07 »
"please and thank you, food vending hole"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 03:41:37 »
Chyros, you're a chemist, right? Can you pick out any salient information from this?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2820987/

I was trying to find whether black tea has any fat-soluble compounds, but my eyes crossed looking at all the big words.

EDIT: further on the debate, here is a decent amount of discussion on the milk addition. WALL OF TEXT WARNING:

More
As Joshua Engel notes, temperature is really the most salient point. Brewing tea at a lower temperature will change the flavor notes that emerge (because of different solubilities of different components at various temperatures). If adding milk lowers the brewing temperature, it will definitely change the flavor.

That's probably the source of the common belief that adding milk during steeping will decrease astringency of tea. In that case, it's likely that simply the lowering of the steeping temperature is actually causing the decrease in astringent tea compounds, which are less soluble at lower temperatures. (This decrease in astringency -- which is a common flavor feature of many teas -- is probably also the source of the belief among some that adding milk during steeping will decrease flavor overall.)

But that's not the only issue. As noted here:

the presence of other components in the brewing water, such as minerals and proteins from milk, affect the rate of extraction, and therefore the flavor.

However, that link goes on to note, "For most people this isn’t a concern, though, because they judge the strength of the brewed tea based on its color and pour in the milk after removing the bag." And if you're the sort of person who just dunks a tea bag in water until it's "the right color," when you add the milk isn't likely to be a major concern in flavor. If you're more careful about steeping, e.g., measuring the amount of tea precisely, measuring steep time, ensuring a consistent brew temperature, etc., then you might be more likely to notice a minor difference even if the milk is heated and added earlier.

And sometimes the difference in flavor can be quite noticeable, depending on the type of milk and the precise flavor compounds in the tea (which may be more or less soluble in milk). For example, see this informal experiment with ginger "tea." (I put "tea" in quotation marks because the "tea" in question contained no tea leaves. Some people consider "herbal infusions" to be "tea"; others don't use that term. The question is ambiguous, so I'm assuming a broad definition here.)

While it's hardly a rigorous experimental method, it seems that the blind taster here found that the ginger flavor was enhanced by adding milk during brewing. Moreover, the higher the fat content of the milk, the greater this effect (most likely due to fat-soluble compounds), with half-and-half producing an even more significant effect than plain milk.

Other spiced teas (including spiced black teas, rather than simply herbal infusions) also frequently make use of this effect. Chai tea is one of the more traditional examples, where the "one pot method" generally involves steeping at least part of the time with the added milk.

More generally, adding milk during brewing is therefore likely to affect the flavor balance in some way, but the particular impact will likely vary depending on the type of tea and its particular flavor components. As with most things, the best advice is probably just to try brewing it both ways for your favorite teas, and see which you like better.

Additional notes:

I did a brief search for examples of more rigorous scientific studies on the issue of milk and tea component solubility, but I didn't find anything quickly. (I'm not saying there isn't anything out there, but nothing came up in top hits for a couple searches.) Instead, the most common debate about milk and tea seems to be about whether adding it impacts its health effects (see here for a recent review of the literature). Adding milk does change the tea chemistry in various ways, as noted there, but there doesn't seem to be much research on brewing in milk.

One final issue that may impact this question is denaturing of milk proteins, which can happen when they are overheated. This mostly comes up in the perennial debate about whether to add milk to the cup before or after tea. The Royal Society of Chemistry gave a ruling on this point long ago, claiming that putting milk in the cup first allowed a more even heating of the milk and thereby decreased possibilities of "clumping," "skin," and other marks of milk degradation when heated. I bring this last point up because obviously brewing the tea along with the milk will also have an impact on this issue. And if you're brewing tea with a bag in a mug (rather than a separate pot for brewing), adding the milk before brewing would be the only way to follow this advice. (In any event, the impact on the milk is probably not even noticeable to many; hence the debate on when to add the milk in general.)
yes, black tea has many fat-soluble compounds (more soluble in fat than in water at least). Same goes for coffee. If memory serves, coffee is decaffeinated by extraction over ether or hexane.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 04:06:30 »
Tea.

Earl Grey.

Hot.

Black.

2 sugars.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 04:50:25 »
My favorite tea is tea

GREEN TEA? BLACK TEA?

it's just tea

Spot the English guy. 'It's just tea'  :D

I haven't adapted to tea with soya milk, never been much of a tea drinker anyway, so I just drink Vanilla Rooibus now, in the evenings.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 08:19:29 »
My favorite tea is tea

GREEN TEA? BLACK TEA?

it's just tea

Spot the English guy. 'It's just tea'  :D

I haven't adapted to tea with soya milk, never been much of a tea drinker anyway, so I just drink Vanilla Rooibus now, in the evenings.

/Mumble
/Cough..  GMO soy.. !!
/Mumble
/Cough

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 12:33:30 »
Love pu'er. I also enjoy a good chrysanthemum tea.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 12:54:03 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 April 2018, 12:56:12 by yuppie »
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 19:18:43 »
Bigelow brand anything usually isn't bad, but from what I gather it's hardly top notch. Sadly, it's all I can afford.

Both of their Earl Greys (black and green tea) make good iced teas (without sugar, that is). Constant Comment is a good night-time hot tea, since it can knock you out despite the caffeine (think Earl Grey, but with spices and a more prominent orange flavor). My favorite however has got to be their Oolong tea. Ever had Oolong tea at a Chinese restaurant in the US? If so, you've probably had Bigelow brand Oolong. It makes a very strong iced tea too, which I love, but may not sit well with most tea fans' tastes.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 21:42:43 »
Twinings Lady Grey

Or any halfway decent green
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 21:59:26 »
WhatCha, a tea store in the UK managed by this guy called Alistair, has a nice selection of teas. One of the favourites out of all I have tried is the Thailand Sticky Rice tea, I just can't get enough of the taste. I also like the Indian Masala Chai (you see a trend here? Sucker for flavoured tea...).

Right now, I also love English Breakfast, I usually take it plain. I'd love to try some matcha!

What's your favourite English Brekky tea brands? I gotta try them all.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 22:22:20 »
WhatCha, a tea store in the UK managed by this guy called Alistair, has a nice selection of teas. One of the favourites out of all I have tried is the Thailand Sticky Rice tea, I just can't get enough of the taste. I also like the Indian Masala Chai (you see a trend here? Sucker for flavoured tea...).

Right now, I also love English Breakfast, I usually take it plain. I'd love to try some matcha!

What's your favourite English Brekky tea brands? I gotta try them all.

Sticky Rice Tea is a literal translation.

But the Sticky Rice of Sticky Rice Tea  NuoMiXiang is a plant completely separate from -sticky rice/ sweet rice-   Despite sharing the same characters.

You probably already know this..

i'm jus xplaining for the n0vices

Offline Coreda

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 22:30:49 »

Alwazah Tea - Flowery Broken Orange Pekoe. Drunk black.

Originally I postponed trying it (someone gifted me a container of theirs) due to the rather plain, almost generic Arabic-store-looking packaging, but glad I did try it.

Delicately and distinctly flavorsome but not weak (in that it doesn't require prolonged brewing to become flavorsome but isn't some 'blunt' strong flavor either), and with no aftertaste that changes the initial impression. Was something I hadn't experienced in the black tea I'd had previously, either bagged or loose. Every time I have other tea now I'm reminded how much I enjoy the Alwazah.

Possibly if drunk with milk or sugar the taste would be more masked, though I have heard comments from those who've tried it white and they still can appreciate its taste.

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 April 2018, 23:00:56 by Coreda »

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 15:29:25 »
If its hot Pu'er, Oolong or a nice Lavender Earl Grey.

In the summer iced Rooibos with a little fruit juice is awesome, Its good warm too its just one of my favourite iced tea beverages.

and I guess I drink a good amount of Kombucha these days which is tea... (?) :rolleyes:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 07:31:27 »

In the summer iced Rooibos with a little fruit juice is awesome, Its good warm too its just one of my favourite iced tea beverages.

and I guess I drink a good amount of Kombucha these days which is tea... (?) :rolleyes:

I googled -Rooibos - hoping it had something to do with kangaroos.. sigh...

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 20:24:04 »

I googled -Rooibos - hoping it had something to do with kangaroos.. sigh...

Are kangaroos delicious?... well have to do some testing, not you of course you can't eat animals  :llama:

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 05:03:45 »
In Ireland we drink more tea per capita than anybody else. I'm a Barry's man myself if you see some pick it up far superior to English tea IMO.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 06:24:17 »

If you aren't drinking carolina sweet tea, you're a filthy yankee.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:37:08 »
My favorite tea is made from the roasted seeds of the beans of the Coffea plant.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:45:15 »
Show Image

That barely even looks like tea xD .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:11:40 »
Show Image

Ice tea is the primary tea consumed in the United States..

Black Tea w/ lots of sugar/sweetener..

Basically the Mountain-Dew of Teas..

And there's really nothing m0ar 'murican , than Mountain Dew..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:25:02 »
Show Image

Ice tea is the primary tea consumed in the United States..

Black Tea w/ lots of sugar/sweetener..

Basically the Mountain-Dew of Teas..

And there's really nothing m0ar 'murican , than Mountain Dew..

Tbh I drink a lot of ice tea zero, I try to substitute 1 litre of my daily milk consumption this way just to decrease the milk intake a bit (which is pretty high, 3 litres normally). I prefer the non-carbonated version, but I haven't been able to find that one in zero-calorie yet.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:30:57 »
having my morning cup of earl grey.

hope yalls week is starting out well

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:40:22 »
Tieguanyin
I love Elzy

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:02:42 »
Tbh I drink a lot of ice tea zero, I try to substitute 1 litre of my daily milk consumption this way just to decrease the milk intake a bit (which is pretty high, 3 litres normally). I prefer the non-carbonated version, but I haven't been able to find that one in zero-calorie yet.

Am I reading this right? Your daily milk intake is 3L, which you are cutting down to 2L milk + 1L of ice tea, because 3L "is pretty high"?

That's a lot of liquid, and a *LOT* of milk.

Y'all reminded me to transfer some of my home tea stash to the office. Ran out of Tetley, time for some Yorkshire. Nice and strong big bags.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:58:44 »

Am I reading this right? Your daily milk intake is 3L, which you are cutting down to 2L milk + 1L of ice tea, because 3L "is pretty high"?
That is correct.

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:10:07 »

That is correct.

Holy moly! For the Americans, 3L is approx. 100 fl.oz., or 2.4E-6 acre.ft.

Paging TP: you're the arbiter on what should go in a human mouth - care to add a large teal chime-in?

As expected, I forgot my Yorkshire. Matcha for me today. Tune in tomorrow for updates on this exciting plot arc.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:10:12 »
Wife works at David’s tea, have a billion teas....most are herbals. Current favorite is sun moon lake black tea from Taiwan.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:01:39 »
(which is pretty high, 3 litres normally).

Paging TP: you're the arbiter on what should go in a human mouth - care to add a large teal chime-in?

As expected, I forgot my Yorkshire. Matcha for me today. Tune in tomorrow for updates on this exciting plot arc.

193615-0

There is no Nice way to say it..

If a person drinks 3L of milk per day, that's 3000 grams of Milk..

Ontop of probably going very bald before age 50..

One is guaranteed to develop prostate cancer within a few short years.

Milk is highly carcinogenic due to high hormone content of modern farmed cattle.

They're both milked While pregnant, and also injected to grow faster.

The current products significantly raise the body's level of Insulin growth factor,

It's basically Turbo fuel for Cancer-Cells.

Everyone ALREADY has cancer,  but with normally LOW IGF1, those microtumors do not develop.

But when you drink milk..  BOOM, Cancer. !!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:08:59 »
How much cancer is in your milk TP? Can we milk you?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:10:48 »

Tp4 does not intake cow growth fluid..

It's not suitable for human consumption..

Orange Juice ++

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:15:30 »

Tp4 does not intake cow growth fluid..

It's not suitable for human consumption..

Orange Juice ++

TP produces orange juice from his teets, cmon down for some vitamin c

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:24:06 »

One can take a small amount of orange peel and infuse overnight with COLD black tea..

Don't infuse using hot tea, because it'll become sour and murky...

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:24:49 »
earl grey or english breakfast ride or die
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:28:46 »

One can take a small amount of orange peel and infuse overnight with COLD black tea..

Don't infuse using hot tea, because it'll become sour and murky...

I have a ton of teas with dried orange peel, some pieces are so big it’s like “wtf mate”

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:31:20 »

I have a ton of teas with dried orange peel, some pieces are so big it’s like “wtf mate”

yarb, they're low cost, and they want'a fill up weight..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 01:53:08 »
(which is pretty high, 3 litres normally).

(Attachment Link)

There is no Nice way to say it..

If a person drinks 3L of milk per day, that's 3000 grams of Milk..

Ontop of probably going very bald before age 50..

One is guaranteed to develop prostate cancer within a few short years.

Milk is highly carcinogenic due to high hormone content of modern farmed cattle.

They're both milked While pregnant, and also injected to grow faster.

The current products significantly raise the body's level of Insulin growth factor,

It's basically Turbo fuel for Cancer-Cells.

Everyone ALREADY has cancer,  but with normally LOW IGF1, those microtumors do not develop.

But when you drink milk..  BOOM, Cancer. !!

Great, just what I wanted to hear.

I also handle carcinogenic compounds on an almost daily basis.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 06:30:49 »

Great, just what I wanted to hear.

I also handle carcinogenic compounds on an almost daily basis.

Don't mean to be a downer all the time..

Know that Tp4 does it out of -profound love- for all gekhakrs..

Eating carcinogenic foods is a choice.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 07:21:41 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:55:35 »
Anyone else here absolutely hate the taste of bergamot? It's like drinking liquid black liquorish   :-X

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:11:37 »
Anyone else here absolutely hate the taste of bergamot? It's like drinking liquid black liquorish   :-X

As I have gotten older I have developed a taste for liquorice, along with avocado, gin, and all the other gross flavours. Bergamot is nice.

Update to the no-tea drama: I once again forgot to bring my Yorkshire into the office. Tune in again for tomorrow's twist and turn in this epic adventure.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:14:39 »
right now i am having "TYPHOO"........................ no match for earl grey

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:32:53 »
Ladies and Gentlemen: I give you the PG Tips Chimps:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:51:26 »
Ladies and Gentlemen: I give you the PG Tips Chimps:

I loved all those -dunstin- monkey movies.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 22:13:24 »
-Dana

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 16:44:51 »
Just tried a new not out yet David’s tea....****s blue as a blueberry. Very fruity, would be a nice summer iced tea....maybe add some vodka or rum.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 19:56:33 »
Just tried a new not out yet David’s tea....****s blue as a blueberry. Very fruity, would be a nice summer iced tea....maybe add some vodka or rum.

wait, blue ****? da fk

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 20:01:12 »

wait, blue ****? da fk

I’m guessing lots of sweet pea for coloring

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 20:15:28 »
I drink a decent amount of puerh....

If it's Shou - I like it pressed with aged orange/tangerine peels (chenpi). I daily drink this by throwing maybe 8g or so in a thermos and refilling with boiling water 3 or 4 times throughout the day.

If it's Sheng - I'm not a fan of super young sheng, much prefer 5 to 10 years aged in dry storage.  I'd probably like older but can't really afford it.  I drink this a few times per week out of a 100ml yixing clay pot that is most likely not real yixing clay but it gets the job done.

Aside from puerh, you can't go wrong with a nice Ducksh*t dancong oolong or a higher quality milk oolong.   :thumb:

Offline iri

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 12:18:36 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline emenelopee

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 12:37:55 »
Newly arrived fresh from the UK:

Lovely cuppa.

Latest on the Yorkshire: Still forgetting to bring the tea to the office. More of the same tomorrow.

Offline vitalious

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 21:27:46 »
I'm an Earl Grey drinker.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 21:56:39 »

Tea.  Earl Grey.  Hot.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 22:07:08 »
I like Oolongs and Jasmines. Sometimes I'll drink Earl Grey if there's nothing better  :p

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 23:26:01 »
I like Oolongs and Jasmines. Sometimes I'll drink Earl Grey if there's nothing better  :p

Tea.  Earl Grey.  Hot.

/Engage !

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 06:03:30 »
Dilmah's Rose with French Vanilla is super duper nice

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 09:11:58 »
today we have Lemon Lift steeping for the morning cup... we shall see how it fares and if it LIFTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tjaub95

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 14:36:31 »
I really enjoy the Steven Smith Lord Begamot It's very tasty.

Offline riktors

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 14:38:10 »

Been drinking a ton of this Taylors Jasmine Green at work.

Offline el_mechacontext

• You can find my body in the mechacontext.
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 15:06:08 »
Adagio has this incredible loose-leaf Lapsang Souchong that is super deep and whiskey-like. It's just a very intense and contemplative tea. I'd probably have to make that or their Yunnan Noir as my all-time favorite tea. But that might change soon because of Easthill - there's a Tea Bar in my neighborhood, and I've yet to try their tea but people have been raving about it.

http://www.adagio.com/black/lapsang_souchong.html

« Last Edit: Thu, 26 April 2018, 15:07:56 by el_mechacontext »
Pok3r MX Clears | CM Storm Stealth MX Blues | Dell AT101W Alps Blacks | Happy Hacking Keyboard Uni 45g | Ortholinear Planck Gateron Blacks

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 03:55:22 »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 05:37:22 »
That looks liker pelletised horse manure Oo .

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 05:40:58 »
Samurai Shot

Show Image

interesting, can you mix this with other drinks?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 06:08:40 »
Samurai Shot

Show Image

From the FAQ:

We recommend four ways of drinking Samurai Shot extracts.

Directly, to enjoy its strength in one shot. Diluted by cold or hot water, with adding fruit juices to obtain delicious tastes, without losing the stimulation effect. Canned drinks are already diluted with fruit juice. Also recommended to mix with alcohol to get original and tasty cocktails.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 06:16:47 »
Samurai Shot

Show Image

From the FAQ:

We recommend four ways of drinking Samurai Shot extracts.

Directly, to enjoy its strength in one shot. Diluted by cold or hot water, with adding fruit juices to obtain delicious tastes, without losing the stimulation effect. Canned drinks are already diluted with fruit juice. Also recommended to mix with alcohol to get original and tasty cocktails.

COOL man. gonna see if I can order one.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 22:52:03 »
Anybody tried zest tea?

I'm leaning towards drinking more tea than coffee but don't know where to start as we've always just made sweet tea by the gallon. (Which I don't really drink anymore.)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 23:37:48 »
Green tea always makes me extremely nauseous. Weird because when it's iced it doesn't, but hot green tea makes me throw up 100% of the time.

Offline appaboy

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 23:39:52 »
My favorite is east frisian tea, but I also love green tea
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 03:23:10 »
Damn. So much to learn about enthusiast tea.

For now, I just love simple green tea with honey. Puts me out every time.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline el_mechacontext

• You can find my body in the mechacontext.
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 19:21:21 »
Damn. So much to learn about enthusiast tea.

For now, I just love simple green tea with honey. Puts me out every time.

You'd be surprised how much depth there is to tea as a hobby. Or, rather none of us should be surprised considering we're on a forum about keyboards haha.

I'm currently into this Nepalese Jun Chiyabari oolong I got from TeaGschwendner. It has a lighter, kind of spice-honey-mineral taste that's really nice and refreshing.

That looks liker pelletised horse manure Oo .

Haha, hope you like how it looks! Because most tea looks like either that or green hay  :D
Pok3r MX Clears | CM Storm Stealth MX Blues | Dell AT101W Alps Blacks | Happy Hacking Keyboard Uni 45g | Ortholinear Planck Gateron Blacks

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 20:12:34 »
Green tea always makes me extremely nauseous. Weird because when it's iced it doesn't, but hot green tea makes me throw up 100% of the time.

Some chemical reacts with an empty stomach, which is why you usually have biscuits with tea.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #100 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 04:51:12 »
Rooibos ! :)

Nah, I'll see if I can get some matcha later today. Edit: Mission failed. And they didn't have melonpan either. :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 February 2019, 08:12:00 by Findecanor »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 06:01:25 »
Never been a huge fan of tea, myself. But at least it's better than coffee, which is absolutely undrinkable.

Offline JP

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 07:23:29 »
Never been a huge fan of tea, myself. But at least it's better than coffee, which is absolutely undrinkable.

But if you had to choose a tea what would it be? Also what is the superior beverage then if not tea or coffee?
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 23:54:31 »

But if you had to choose a tea what would it be? Also what is the superior beverage then if not tea or coffee?
1) jasmine
2) milk, beer, whisky

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 01:15:35 »
When I’m on day shift I make coffees (cappuccino, latte, macchiato) but when on afternoon shift I make the corporate supplied Dilmah Premium Ceylon - black, no sugar.  Doesn’t screw with my sleep.
Very much a tea noob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 01:43:08 »
Early grey, reasonable temperature.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 05:57:55 »
I think sencha is my new favorite instead of lady earl, fully onboard the green tea train now.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 05:59:23 »
Ah, Tea, one of the very first narcotic.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 04:55:07 »
At this juncture I thought I'd point out that "tea" is also '50s hipster slang for marajawania.

We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg