Author Topic: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (GB CLOSED)  (Read 203082 times)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (GB CLOSED)
« Reply #650 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 18:49:29 »
I'll be posting pics of the latest samples next to the first samples later today when I get good natural light and I'll go through what happened.

Updates need to also be posted in the GB thread (and the IC thread should be locked after the GB begins).

Speaking of which, I can't locate the GB thread for this buy... Could you please link me to the thread?

It's also probably worth reviewing the IC guidelines and GB guidelines.

I was only meant to be running the IC and the GB was to be administered by KBDfans but that never happened so I'm doing what I can here.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #651 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 19:49:57 »
Here are pics of the latest samples.

Taken on a camera phone under natural light. The colour is a bit more saturated than in person but is a little more colour accurate than the DSLR.

Taken on a camera phone under artificial light. The warmth gets compounded.

Latest sample

First sample

Back in March, I had sent colour swatches for EPBT to colour match to and the samples arrived in April. I told KBDfans that it was too red and that to get a better idea of the hue, you need to look at the back of the keycaps rather than the top.
They agreed and asked if they could approve the next round of samples. I obliged because I thought it would be a simple task since they just needed to make a colour halfway between the first and second samples (brightness similar to the second sample but in a more neutral hue like the first sample) and I thought we were on the same page and also they knew from the beginning what my aims were.

This was my mistake and the third sample which got the green light by KBDfans went into production. I received the samples this week and I noticed that they looked really warm so I compared them to the colour samples that I received in April and found that they were virtually the same so I alerted KBDfans who put a stop on the production in order for us to re-confirm the colour again.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this causes but I believe that getting a better product is worth the extra delays.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #652 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 19:52:57 »
I'll be posting pics of the latest samples next to the first samples later today when I get good natural light and I'll go through what happened.

Updates need to also be posted in the GB thread (and the IC thread should be locked after the GB begins).

Speaking of which, I can't locate the GB thread for this buy... Could you please link me to the thread?

I was only meant to be running the IC and the GB was to be administered by KBDfans but that never happened so I'm doing what I can here.

Okay, I see.  One of you (yourself or KBDfans) does still need to start a GB thread - you can’t run the GB through an IC thread.  Would you mind creating a GB thread to post the updates into?  Or asking KBDfans to do so?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #653 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 19:54:02 »

Okay, I see.  One of you (yourself or KBDfans) does still need to start a GB thread - you can’t run the GB through an IC thread.  Would you mind creating a GB thread to post the updates into?  Or asking KBDfans to do so?
Sure. If somebody can approve it for me even if I'm not actually the runner.

Offline D4PP3R

« Reply #654 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:01:19 »
We all thank you for not sending out a product that doesn't meet your artistic standards. Would it be fair to say that the new shipping date has been extended to around September?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #655 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:06:29 »
We all thank you for not sending out a product that doesn't meet your artistic standards. Would it be fair to say that the new shipping date has been extended to around September?
Last time I spoke to KBDfans, they said 45-60 day delay.

I'll be posting future updates on the GB thread so this IC should really be locked.

Offline aleck

« Reply #656 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:19:34 »
Last time I spoke to KBDfans, they said 45-60 day delay.

I'll be posting future updates on the GB thread so this IC should really be locked.
*Sighs*

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #657 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 21:34:56 »
GB thread is now active and updates will be posted there (thank you gok101!). This thread will now be locked.  :thumb: