Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9757984 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 01:32:12 »
Anyone actually not want scooped F J keys?  Hard to find GMKs that aren't scooped...

SCOOPS > NO SCOOPS :D
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #401 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 01:33:06 »
Anyone actually not want scooped F J keys?  Hard to find GMKs that aren't scooped...

This to infinity.  Scoops are the best.  Nibs suck.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #402 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 01:35:51 »

This to infinity.  Scoops are the best.  Nibs suck.
+1, scoops caress your fingers, nibs stab them
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline snipars

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 01:37:50 »
Are the keycaps sold by originative from GMK? i always thought they looked great but never bought any because of their poor reputation 
also this set would look amazing on a poker 2 or a GON i reckon
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline Moralless

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 01:44:29 »
Are the keycaps sold by originative from GMK? i always thought they looked great but never bought any because of their poor reputation 

Which keycaps are you talking about? Because they had a few colored keysets for $20, which I'm sure weren't produced by GMK :p But it's possible the CMYW set they were "selling" on their site was produced by GMK

and

also this set would look amazing on any poker 2 or a GON keyboard not built by a blind person

FTFY

Offline Sniping

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 01:55:00 »

Not always, but they did sell them.

I recall the sets that they sold included Charred Orange, Classic Biege, Olivetti, RGB and CMYK. They're all great sets but like you said, all faith has been lost with originative.

GMK looks great on like, every keyboard.

Offline lionblinds

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 02:04:35 »
Orderd

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #407 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 06:45:25 »
Order placed :)

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #408 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 13:15:04 »

Which keycaps are you talking about? Because they had a few colored keysets for $20, which I'm sure weren't produced by GMK :p But it's possible the CMYW set they were "selling" on their site was produced by GMK

and

also this set would look amazing on any poker 2 or a GON keyboard not built by a blind person

FTFY

The Hyperfuse HHKB in your sig. It will be a sight to beautiful to behold. :o

Offline jabbon

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 14:24:49 »
Please remember that CTRL/ALT isn't a corporation, nor a company and not even a corner store, everyone in CTRL/ALT are people like us with no assumption on ever making any money for themselves but providing a vital service that everyone here on Geekhack need.  Sometimes they have to all too frequently spend their own money to fix any problems and let downs which they are not responsible for, hence you have to be caring people here on this forum and try to donate whenever you can because that's the lubricant that helps many Group Buys to thrust forward with such amazing force.

Donations is the KY Jelly of this organization so trust me, help them out with as much of that vital lube as possible  ;) .

all donations from this set are going to add some extra keys good sir, so anyone who donates, its just going right back in to making the set even better

im waiting on some quotes but we are now already definitely adding some good stuff in

2x right shift; 1.75 rights shift (edit: already in the basic set!) and all necessary caps to make it compatible with G80-18xx and MX11800/11900 cherry keyboards. Thanks!
 :-*

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #410 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:03:58 »

and

FTFY

yup, stoked to see that
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #411 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 16:29:18 »
Just ordered  ;D

Offline Moralless

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:02:43 »

yup, stoked to see that

I'll definitely try my best to take great pictures of it, to not let you guys down :)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #413 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:14:43 »

yup, stoked to see that

I'll definitely try my best to take great pictures of it, to not let you guys down :)

Make sure you buy a $500 dollar DSLR to take pictures of your $500 keyboard.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:40:37 »

yup, stoked to see that

Make sure you buy a $500 dollar DSLR to take pictures of your $500 keyboard.

$500 DSLR? Something that cheap will never be able to capture the full glory of the Hyperfuse HHKB. Always spend at least twice as much on your camera as you do your keyboards.  :))

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #415 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:47:41 »
$500 DSLR? Something that cheap will never be able to capture the full glory of the Hyperfuse HHKB. Always spend at least twice as much on your camera as you do your keyboards.  :))

It's not the camera, it's the photographer.  Some of the best shot's I've ever seen were done with a point and shoot.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #416 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:55:34 »

It's not the camera, it's the photographer.  Some of the best shot's I've ever seen were done with a point and shoot.
^ this! Photographer > Lighting > Lens > Camera

Pro photographer + cheap camera:
list=PL7ECB90D96DF59DE5
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 18:09:53 »

list=PL7ECB90D96DF59DE5

Oh dude that youtube series is great! This one was my favorite by far:
index=2&list=PL7ECB90D96DF59DE5

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #418 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 19:01:37 »

list=PL7ECB90D96DF59DE5

Oh dude that youtube series is great! This one was my favorite by far:
index=2&list=PL7ECB90D96DF59DE5

This is so relevant..! I was just looking for cameras to buy haha.
Perhaps I shouldn't go for a mid-range after all. I always loved that channel as well!

Offline jabbon

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 00:52:01 »

GMK and BSP yes.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 00:54:54 »

GMK and BSP yes.

FYI - BSP are only used for dye sublimated sets.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 01:06:07 »

GMK and BSP yes.

The blank classic beige as well I thought?
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 February 2015, 13:23:25 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 01:09:43 »

GMK and BSP yes.

Easiest way to know is as follows.

BSP = PBT (dyesubs, blanks usually)
GMK = ABS (double-shot)

GMK do blanks as well but most of the blank Cherry profile sets are done through BSP as most people prefer blanks in PBT.

Offline mattycee

« Reply #423 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 01:28:29 »
Just made my first purchase on geekhack =D
Current: Das 4 MX Blues,  Poker II MX Clears

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 01:38:13 »

Starting out with the good stuff, smart man!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 01:39:05 »

Straight into the gmk goodness  ;)  Now you just need an hhkb and novatouch sliders!  :p

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 02:06:14 »

That's the only way to live, go for the HARD stuff first because it represents what Cherry Perfection should look like.

Like to see his face when he gets that sacred GMK box with his key-caps inside, personally always get weak at the knees when my wife presents me with that same box  ;D .

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 02:11:54 »

That's the only way to live, go for the HARD stuff first because it represents what Cherry Perfection should look like.

Like to see his face when he gets that sacred GMK box with his key-caps inside, personally always get weak at the knees when my wife presents me with that same box  ;D .

I'm actually yet to get a set directly from a GB - all my sets were either from eBay or Originative. Can't wait to get my next GMK fix!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 03:05:52 »
I'm actually yet to get a set directly from a GB - all my sets were either from eBay or Originative. Can't wait to get my next GMK fix!

Then this should be your very first one from here on Geekhack.  They (Bunny and his crew) ship the GMK sets all in their original boxes they receive from GMK hence you get their Logo on the side of the box which can be seen easily.

Always look forward to Group Buys here on Geekhack, getting anything off Ebay is nearly always boring or lacklustre in comparison.  Originative I just stay away from, that way I'll always have money to spend elsewhere instead of making Sherryton rich of the sweat of my brow.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 05:12:55 »

Then this should be your very first one from here on Geekhack.  They (Bunny and his crew) ship the GMK sets all in their original boxes they receive from GMK hence you get their Logo on the side of the box which can be seen easily.

Always look forward to Group Buys here on Geekhack, getting anything off Ebay is nearly always boring or lacklustre in comparison.  Originative I just stay away from, that way I'll always have money to spend elsewhere instead of making Sherryton rich of the sweat of my brow.

GMK logo-ed box? Seriously? Wow, you just made me wet! I wish the GMK Dolch had a box too, with their logo, so I can stare at it for hours.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 05:17:16 »
Yeah I definitely wouldn't be buying sets from Originative now, both my sets were bought back when he was shipping orders and not charging a damned fortune. Makes me laugh when I think about how long the Classic Beige sets were available on his site, less than $100 and no one seemed to want to buy them. Now Classic Beige is all anyone ever talks about!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 06:13:04 »
Makes me laugh when I think about how long the Classic Beige sets were available on his site, less than $100 and no one seemed to want to buy them. Now Classic Beige is all anyone ever talks about!

It's called "STYLE" which always changes in popularity, from being ignored to suddenly everyone wanting to kill for it  8) .

Hyperfuse is exactly that, a very desired style that everyone wants now but I suspect this design will only run ONCE and after it's finished and dispersed to paying customers, it shall remain one of the sets that future keyboard users would want to pay any amount of money to own.  Trust me, Hyperfuse is a very shrewd investment for the current buyer, over time it's worth will accelerate to astronomical records  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 February 2015, 06:15:36 by Elrick »

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 09:38:33 »

You can't go wrong with this one! :thumb:

Offline snipars

« Reply #433 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 09:51:23 »
Will the F and J keycaps be lighter than the others, like in the picture? i don't think that looks very nice
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 09:57:28 »
Will the F and J keycaps be lighter than the others, like in the picture? i don't think that looks very nice

They should be the same colour. I believe the slightly different shade there is meant to represent a scooped key for the homing positions.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #435 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 09:57:30 »
It's not that they're lighter since they're are the same plastic as the rest of the set but they're shaped differently because they're the home keys (like most keys have a nub on f and j)
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #436 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 10:00:08 »

They should be the same colour. I believe the slightly different shade there is meant to represent a scooped key for the homing positions.

I didn't realize they were scoops!  :o  This set gets better and better everyday...

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 10:32:29 »

GMK and BSP yes.

Easiest way to know is as follows.

BSP = PBT (dyesubs, blanks usually)
GMK = ABS (double-shot)

GMK do blanks as well but most of the blank Cherry profile sets are done through BSP as most people prefer blanks in PBT.
BSP only does blanks now. All dyesubbing is done by external companies

Offline Poostar

« Reply #438 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 10:51:12 »
So i sold off some things and got paypal funds up but then realized that the website does not take paypal. Is there anyone i can purchase it that way ?

Offline bl1nk

« Reply #439 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 10:53:15 »
So i sold off some things and got paypal funds up but then realized that the website does not take paypal. Is there anyone i can purchase it that way ?

In the FAQ it says:

Can I pay with PayPal?

We are currently working on a better solution to provide PayPal support, if you must use PayPal, please follow the instructions below:

1. Place order as normal, once you get the to the payment screen, click on the  icon in the upper right to open your account menu, next click on your order history to obtain your order id.
2. Send us a message here with the order id and your PayPal email address.
3. You will receive an invoice or a reply back if we need more information.
4. We will manually mark your order as paid when we confirm it.

An additional fee will be added to PayPal invoices.

https://ctrlalt.io/help/faqs/can-i-pay-with-paypal

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #440 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 11:36:57 »
paypal is fine as above, and yeah the the f and j keys are light to signify them as scoops

Offline snipars

« Reply #441 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 11:38:30 »
paypal is fine as above, and yeah the the f and j keys are light to signify them as scoops

how deep are these scoops? i've never used keycaps like that

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 11:42:28 »

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 11:43:17 »

I would say they're deep enough to just be noticeable.
Although I can say that it takes getting used to. Not sure if I like the little nubbins better or not.
Also, yes. I call them nubbins. Fite me.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 11:46:11 »

Show Image

I can't wait for these scoops to gently caress my fingers.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #445 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 11:48:15 »
Also, yes. I call them nubbins. Fite me.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 12:42:55 »

Show Image

I can't wait for these scoops to gently caress my fingers.

yeah scoops are the best

Offline Polymer

« Reply #447 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 21:55:22 »
I'm actually not a fan of the scoops but I can see why some are....I feel like they're gripping my fingers and that isn't what I want...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 21:59:14 »
I'm actually not a fan of the scoops but I can see why some are....I feel like they're gripping my fingers and that isn't what I want...

What are you talking about?, the caps should have some sort of clamps to make them grip your fingers, that they do not. As for typing reference nothing compares with GMK scooped F/J.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #449 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 22:13:30 »
No idea what you're talking about...scoops fit around your finger a bit making them "grip" your finger...nibs don't....

I'm saying I don't like that feeling...It is just personal preference but I think the scoop gets in the way...
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 February 2015, 23:47:17 by Polymer »