Author Topic: [GB] GMK Olivia++ | Orders Closed  (Read 272170 times)

Offline KingOfMemes

Re: [GB] GMK Olivia++
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 16:12:13 »
Definitely buying one kit, but debating on buying two since I love the colour so much. Anyone else buying more than one?

I got two lights + 1 dark. I've seen several people buying more than one.
Lot's of people are investing in more kits for resell after the GB ends

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 16:15:35 »
light, dark, extension

Offline martensson

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 17:34:41 »
Definitely buying one kit, but debating on buying two since I love the colour so much. Anyone else buying more than one?

Shouldn't the resell value be pretty low with so many kits in circulation after this GB is over? Sets like Serika and MoDo are expensive because there are high demand and low supply in comparison. I feel that r/mm will be flooded with Olivias next summer.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 17:47:22 »

Shouldn't the resell value be pretty low with so many kits in circulation after this GB is over? Sets like Serika and MoDo are expensive because there are high demand and low supply in comparison. I feel that r/mm will be flooded with Olivias next summer.
I doubt resell value will be anywhere near r1, but it'll absolutely still be there.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 18:39:43 »
I doubt resell value will be anywhere near r1, but it'll absolutely still be there.

Beyond me why anyone would speculate keycap sets but people will do what people will do. I guess they can sit on their $500 worth of base kits for another year and a half after 2500 are sold during GB to make 75 bucks of profit, seems like a sick idea and a great use of one's money.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 19:25:25 »

Beyond me why anyone would speculate keycap sets but people will do what people will do. I guess they can sit on their $500 worth of base kits for another year and a half after 2500 are sold during GB to make 75 bucks of profit, seems like a sick idea and a great use of one's money.

There's going to be minimal markup on the aftermarket. So many folks are going to buy extras and vendors are going to load up.

If anyone is looking to get rich off flipping, this is not the set to do it.

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 20:45:53 »

There's going to be minimal markup on the aftermarket. So many folks are going to buy extras and vendors are going to load up.

I'm just getting extra's for multiple boards and when they eventually get shiny  :p

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 22:08:56 »

Nobody gets rich off of flipping. It's people squeezing small profits. Low ball, 10 sets will make you ~500 bucks instead of the 1000-1500 r1 would have made before r2 was announced. 1.5x base price might not be 4x, but its still greater than 1.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 22:55:46 »

Everything is in place but one thing is missing: Artisan R1  :rolleyes:

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 00:26:33 »
GMK Bento and Laser both sold very well and continued to be desirable on the second hand market (not Serika or MoDo levels of markup, but still sell within 12 hours at 'market' price).

Plenty of 'rare' sets don't appreciate, you can still buy TA90 extras from Zfrontier (I did, its a great set, but it hasn't appreciated) or a lightly used set of GMK Monkey for very close to groupbuy prices.

Striker had a $100 base kit that sells at $150(?) now and this set has better compatibility at a similar price point, so the aftermarket will be strong (probably $175+ so 60% profit in 4 months... I guess GMK comfortably beats the stockmarket?)

Offline SUB01

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 00:49:34 »
Well, I'm glad the hate/drama has died down. Gl on the gb!

edit: also have not seen a puddsy ****post yet on this thread which is a plus in my book LOL.

Offline Shifu

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 01:39:27 »
Are the 1.75 shift keys on both light and dark bases? I couldn't tell based on the renders.

Offline itsmartin

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 01:48:15 »
Are the 1.75 shift keys on both light and dark bases? I couldn't tell based on the renders.

The Shift key down near the arrows looks like a 1.75U shift in both renders.

Offline Shifu

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 02:53:57 »
Thank you  ;D

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 05:30:12 »
Day 2 numbers (some proxies outdated):

Core Light: 711
Core Dark: 314
Novelties: 129
Extension: 156
ISO UK: 35
Spacebars: 427
hihihi: 128

Over 1,000 base kits in 2 days!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 05:38:41 »
GMK Bento and Laser both sold very well and continued to be desirable on the second hand market (not Serika or MoDo levels of markup, but still sell within 12 hours at 'market' price).

Plenty of 'rare' sets don't appreciate, you can still buy TA90 extras from Zfrontier (I did, its a great set, but it hasn't appreciated) or a lightly used set of GMK Monkey for very close to groupbuy prices.

Striker had a $100 base kit that sells at $150(?) now and this set has better compatibility at a similar price point, so the aftermarket will be strong (probably $175+ so 60% profit in 4 months... I guess GMK comfortably beats the stockmarket?)

This set has already outsold Bento on Day 2.

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 07:24:24 »
Looks like Olivia  :D

I'm surprised nobody has made that joke yet.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 08:19:49 »

What are some other sets do you think can reach those numbers?

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 10:11:52 »

Nobody gets rich off of flipping. It's people squeezing small profits. Low ball, 10 sets will make you ~500 bucks instead of the 1000-1500 r1 would have made before r2 was announced. 1.5x base price might not be 4x, but its still greater than 1.

Buying GMK sets to resell is a good thing in my opinion. The more people do it, the more vendors make on the GB, the lower the aftermarket price actually gets, and the more sets actually get made for people to own and enjoy. And resellers make a premium for their risk/time/money investment. Win-win as far as I can tell, as long as it's a low-risk GB from a trusted designer like Olivia and trusted vendor(s) like Novelkeys.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 10:20:55 »

Buying GMK sets to resell is a good thing in my opinion. The more people do it, the more vendors make on the GB, the lower the aftermarket price actually gets, and the more sets actually get made for people to own and enjoy. And resellers make a premium for their risk/time/money investment. Win-win as far as I can tell, as long as it's a low-risk GB from a trusted designer like Olivia and trusted vendor(s) like Novelkeys.
I 100% agree with this statement. It's literally just reserving spots for new people who get into the hobby after the run, or for people who can't afford it now that will be able to later. I don't personally mess around with reselling, but I encourage everyone who has the time and ability for reselling to do so.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 11:23:12 »

What you're implying is basically charity. I agree with the entirety of your listed benefits for it when it comes to helping vendors and the community, I just think it's ridiculous and a complete waste of money for anyone that isn't doing it purely out of the kindness of their heart/for sport - portraying it as an amazing thing that should be commended can be quite deceiving in my opinion, though I'm sure that's not your intent, because it may encourage people to think they're gonna invest their money and receive meaningful return on it which they more than likely will not (because not every set is Serika/Olivia r1). If people wanna spend $600 (shipping etc) on 5 base kits to resell them in 6 months for $700 (140 a kit which I think is actually too optimistic) then that's their prerogative but let's not pretend like it's definitely a fantastic idea for 99.9% of the community.

If you're gonna speculate please do not do it with plastic keycaps unless you're doing it for fun and can actually afford to.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 11:46:15 »

What you're implying is basically charity. I agree with the entirety of your listed benefits for it when it comes to helping vendors and the community, I just think it's ridiculous and a complete waste of money for anyone that isn't doing it purely out of the kindness of their heart/for sport - portraying it as an amazing thing that should be commended can be quite deceiving in my opinion, though I'm sure that's not your intent, because it may encourage people to think they're gonna invest their money and receive meaningful return on it which they more than likely will not (because not every set is Serika/Olivia r1). If people wanna spend $600 (shipping etc) on 5 base kits to resell them in 6 months for $700 (140 a kit which I think is actually too optimistic) then that's their prerogative but let's not pretend like it's definitely a fantastic idea for 99.9% of the community.

If you're gonna speculate please do not do it with plastic keycaps unless you're doing it for fun and can actually afford to.
Why not just sum it up to "If you are trying to get into the resell game, understand the risks?" Keycaps are a perfect thing to flip, just as perfect as any other limited item. Streetwear, keyboards, keycaps... You can make bank just as easily as you can make just a small amount of paper off the top just as easily as you can get totally rekt with losses. It's just about understanding the gamble.

Also, being 'not worth it' and 'losses from resell' are very different things. I think $140 a base kit is way low, but hey, no speculating keycap market prices, amarite

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 12:05:52 »
Why not just sum it up to "If you are trying to get into the resell game, understand the risks?" Keycaps are a perfect thing to flip, just as perfect as any other limited item. Streetwear, keyboards, keycaps... You can make bank just as easily as you can make just a small amount of paper off the top just as easily as you can get totally rekt with losses. It's just about understanding the gamble.

Also, being 'not worth it' and 'losses from resell' are very different things. I think $140 a base kit is way low, but hey, no speculating keycap market prices, amarite

I've never been interested in streetwear but do you have to wait 4 to 6 months to see any return on your investment like you do with keyboards and keycaps? To my knowledge you just enter every single raffle/FCFS and then sell whatever you win (and/or if you don't want it) because it's highly unlikely you'll ever be at a loss. Kinda like with artisans in this community!

Point being, it's important for people to know that they're investing x amount for y amount of time for return that will most likely be minimal, especially with a set like this. Saying it's an amazing opportunity to make money together with the fact people are for some odd reason posting pictures of their carts with multiple sets in it (not sure why, this isn't discord) I think is a little dangerous, I personally wouldn't wanna incite anything of that sort. If people assess the risk and think it's worth it, by all means. I assume you're aware there is a difference between speculating a possibility and speculating as in investing (which is what I meant prior), so I'm not sure what that remark there is meant to achieve.

Either way, I won't be polluting the thread further, I just felt like it was relevant enough of a topic to entertain.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 12:07:46 »

No one is saying this is charity.

But assuming you missed the GB, would you rather live in a world where you have to convince someone to sell their only set of Olivia or would you rather live in a world where vendors and flippers are actively trying to sell their extras?

This is a no brainer.

The only people which are harmed by flippers are other flippers.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 12:47:30 »

No one is saying this is charity.

But assuming you missed the GB, would you rather live in a world where you have to convince someone to sell their only set of Olivia or would you rather live in a world where vendors and flippers are actively trying to sell their extras?

This is a no brainer.

The only people which are harmed by flippers are other flippers.
Plus flippers only exist because of systemic process issues involved with the business model. Flippers are literally a solution to a bad model because any other fix either doesn't exist or hasn't been found yet

Offline Veiox

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 13:10:15 »
I like keyboards

Offline MatthewPham

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 13:10:43 »
hi

v good keycaps!!!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 14:42:33 »
GMK olivia threads and dead arguments name a more iconic duo

ordered my set so we all good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 15:21:43 »
More

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2019, 07:34:28 by dvorcol »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 15:30:55 »
At the current pace 5% of the carbon atoms in the solar system will be part of hihihi caps

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 16:22:45 »

seriously though...

I vote for the construction of a Geekhack Thunderdome so folks can duke it out. There could even be bookies where people wager their GMK sets on who'll win. Mods referee of course. wcgw
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 16:25:38 »
Let's hope the MOQ will be reached!  ;D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 16:45:07 »

seriously though...

I vote for the construction of a Geekhack Thunderdome so folks can duke it out. There could even be bookies where people wager their GMK sets on who'll win. Mods referee of course. wcgw

i would win, no need
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 17:46:33 »
750+ orders for the Olivia++ Light Core.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 20:02:34 »
I can't wait to see little orthos that are all hihihi. Kinda wanna do that now.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 23:20:33 »
Ordered. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 01:21:13 »
Team Summit is Super excited to work on this amazing set!
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline ksus

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 01:24:48 »
just ordered my Light Core set, but realized that I forgot to add the spacebar cap set to my cart   :-[

has anyone had experience with NovelKeys being able to edit the order after payment, or is my only option to place a second order? would rather avoid extra shipping costs if I could.

super stoked for this set regardless!

Offline RubMyKoala

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 02:56:43 »
has anyone had experience with NovelKeys being able to edit the order after payment, or is my only option to place a second order? would rather avoid extra shipping costs if I could.

Order the spacebar kit and then email support with both order numbers. Mike will combine the orders and refund you the shipping. Novelkeys is going on vacation in the next few days though so don't worry if they don't get to it right away.

Offline rondg

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 03:36:02 »

Order the spacebar kit and then email support with both order numbers. Mike will combine the orders and refund you the shipping. Novelkeys is going on vacation in the next few days though so don't worry if they don't get to it right away.

I had a similar experience. I think what happened with mine was my original order was cancelled and I had to re-order the stuff that I wanted.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 04:43:24 »
What. The. Actual. Fudge.

This is insane! GLHF Olivia!

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 05:32:01 »
Sales are steadily coming here. Here are updated numbers:

Core Light: 795
Core Dark: 346
Novelties: 142
Extension: 173
ISO UK: 38
Spacebars: 473
hihihi: 139

Basically 800 light core kits and 350 dark core kits at the end of day 3.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 07:12:14 »

seriously though...

i would win, no need

post count++

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 07:33:13 »
More
Sales are steadily coming here. Here are updated numbers:

Core Light: 795
Core Dark: 346
Novelties: 142
Extension: 173
ISO UK: 38
Spacebars: 473
hihihi: 139

Basically 800 light core kits and 350 dark core kits at the end of day 3.

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 December 2019, 11:41:18 by dvorcol »

Offline ksus

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 12:45:31 »

cheers mate I'll make sure to do that.

appreciate the help!

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 17:55:14 »
We sold out 100 cables in about a minute! However if you missed out on our drop it's okay! we are taking 50 more at the end of the month as 1 last chance to get in : )

https://summitcables.com/olivia
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline SUB01

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 00:09:38 »

seriously though...

i would win, no need

nowhere. nowhere is safe from the puddsy.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 04:54:42 »
Updated numbers for end of day 4:

Core Light: 852
Core Dark: 371
Novelties: 154
Extension: 185
ISO UK: 44
Spacebars: 512
hihihi: 144

Still looking steady here with sales!

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 05:12:48 »

hihihi: 144

Still looking steady here with sales!
Thanks for the update Mike. Awesome to see these solid numbers! Will put in my big purchase at some points this weekend...

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 10:55:14 »
More