Author Topic: The French Thread  (Read 17715 times)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Re: The French Thread
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 16:44:01 »
FYI, boys:

"Let me know if I need to train to use an Azerty keyboard again for this discussion. When I moved to the U.S., I switched to Qwerty and I prefer it now. Using Azerty is too hard and not practical."

Is it what she said?

My assumption is that Azerty is trully masterrace but only a few people are worthy to type on it. Like I know several frenchman who switched to qwerty (cough Ngt cough) because they can't handle the beauty of the layout.
Also they're too weak to browse every single Leboncoin(craiglist equivalent) keyboard ad in the hope to find cherry or worthy caps.

Vesper tried it, he got confused and ever since he's not the same he hardly comes here. It's an experience that can destroy some people.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 16:46:03 »
How does it feel to have another English speaker wreck your famous race.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 16:47:18 »

what are we talking about katushkin?

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 16:51:24 »

Le Tour bro, the final stage went past your house, like, yesterday.

;)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 16:52:46 »

Le Tour bro, the final stage went past your house, like, yesterday.

;)

Actually it passed right next door to me but I wasn't around.

I don't follow this drug addict on bicycle sport so I can't help you on that.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 16:53:45 »
FYI, boys:

"Let me know if I need to train to use an Azerty keyboard again for this discussion. When I moved to the U.S., I switched to Qwerty and I prefer it now. Using Azerty is too hard and not practical."

Is it what she said?

My assumption is that Azerty is trully masterrace but only a few people are worthy to type on it. Like I know several frenchman who switched to qwerty (cough Ngt cough) because they can't handle the beauty of the layout.
Also they're too weak to browse every single Leboncoin(craiglist equivalent) keyboard ad in the hope to find cherry or worthy caps.

Vesper tried it, he got confused and ever since he's not the same he hardly comes here. It's an experience that can destroy some people.

Yes, it is. 

I will learn to type on Azerty.  I want to be a part of the master race.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 17:04:41 »
FYI, boys:

Those cold hard truths.

* HoffmanMyster awaits azhdar's well thought out response

The problem with QWERTY is that it doesn't have the accent. It is fine to switch to it if you don't write anymore french. Otherwise it is such a pain in the ass to have all your sentences empty of all accent. Just plain boring.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 17:23:38 »
FYI, boys:

Those cold hard truths.

The problem with QWERTY is that it doesn't have the accent. It is fine to switch to it if you don't write anymore french. Otherwise it is such a pain in the ass to have all your sentences empty of all accent. Just plain boring.

That's a good point for French/non-english typing.  You can always do alt-codes, but those are incredibly obnoxious.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 17:26:50 »
FYI, boys:

Those cold hard truths.

That's a good point for French/non-english typing.  You can always do alt-codes, but those are incredibly obnoxious.

And anyway ISO has one more key, so you always have to figure out where to remap it when you move from ISO to ANSI.

stupid imo, sry Ngt but we discussed about it a lot already.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 17:31:56 »
FYI, boys:

Those cold hard truths.

And anyway ISO has one more key, so you always have to figure out where to remap it when you move from ISO to ANSI.

stupid imo, sry Ngt but we discussed about it a lot already.

Yeah no hard feeling don't worry. The only reason I switched to ANSI is in order to take part in all these sweet GBs we have in the community. I was sick of moving heaven and hell just for an ISO set. I don't even mention if you want an AZERTY ISO one. So no regret so far. Soon I'll have a custom coming in so I'll do some hybrid ISO/ANSI perhaps.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 17:38:18 »
Alt codes are terrible.  Especially if you don't have a numpad to type them on. 

On another note, I might need to switch my username again.

Offline iri

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 18:22:45 »
Technically they are talking about alt bindings, not codes.

By the way, I used to think that the only language in the world more ****ed up than English is French, but after some time in the UK I'm not so sure.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 05:42:59 »
Technically they are talking about alt bindings, not codes.

By the way, I used to think that the only language in the world more ****ed up than English is French, but after some time in the UK I'm not so sure.

That's why I mostly stick to gibberish these days.