Author Topic: GH - StarCraft II: HotS/LotV players  (Read 183045 times)

Offline Martyr

Re: GH - StarCraft II: HotS players
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 20:26:37 »
sOs played amazing, as much as I wanted Jaedong to win you can't take away the fact sOs played better.

.........hype killer

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 01:49:40 »
sOs played amazing, as much as I wanted Jaedong to win you can't take away the fact sOs played better.

.........hype killer

I feel like that's exactaly what didn't happen. IMO the ony games sOs played well were the last two games of each series.... The other games he literally just won because the other player totally screwed something up...

Offline Martyr

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 02:05:24 »

.........hype killer

I feel like that's exactaly what didn't happen. IMO the ony games sOs played well were the last two games of each series.... The other games he literally just won because the other player totally screwed something up...

Game 1 against Jaedong I do agree, but the second game, to go for another cannon rush was clever. Also missed the sOs Bomber games.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 03:03:17 »
Game one was probaly the best example of JD ****ing up. He killed 5 collosus, transitioned into ultras when sos misread JD's switch and was going mass phonex when he could bearly afford to do so and replace the tech he had lost... Then when the base trade happened all JD did was kill the 4th and then pace around the middle of the map watching all his hatches die... It was horrible to watch.
The second cannon rush was ok but again JD reacted horribly... He scouts two stargate 4gate and goes spire?

IMO the only good game SOS played was the last one, but then JD made no units...

The bomber sos series was one of the worst I've seen since a GSL finals though... Holy ****... Open stargate every game do nothing everytime, bomber gets a sick opening and further lead... And then looses his whole army for no reason.... Was dissapointing given day 1s games to say the least

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 08:42:57 »
Game one was probaly the best example of JD ****ing up. He killed 5 collosus, transitioned into ultras when sos misread JD's switch and was going mass phonex when he could bearly afford to do so and replace the tech he had lost... Then when the base trade happened all JD did was kill the 4th and then pace around the middle of the map watching all his hatches die... It was horrible to watch.
The second cannon rush was ok but again JD reacted horribly... He scouts two stargate 4gate and goes spire?

IMO the only good game SOS played was the last one, but then JD made no units...

The bomber sos series was one of the worst I've seen since a GSL finals though... Holy ****... Open stargate every game do nothing everytime, bomber gets a sick opening and further lead... And then looses his whole army for no reason.... Was dissapointing given day 1s games to say the least

well tbh, sOs hit plenty of good storms. bomber's bio army just melted.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 08:52:37 »

yeah becasue he didn't control it for ****, he let all his ghosts die for no reason lol

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 09:34:13 »

any dia/plat zergs on here that want to help me out... I can't pvz for ****ing ****.... its silly I have a 29%w/l ratio pvz but pvp I'm coming upto 70% and pvt I'm nearly at 90% w/l...

my acc details are in the op... hit me up with a pm or something if you wana help a brother out

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 20:09:22 »

any dia/plat zergs on here that want to help me out... I can't pvz for ****ing ****.... its silly I have a 29%w/l ratio pvz but pvp I'm coming upto 70% and pvt I'm nearly at 90% w/l...

my acc details are in the op... hit me up with a pm or something if you wana help a brother out

I'm zerg.. lol I'm usually on NA server. What time do you usually play? I'm GMT-5:00 EST
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 01:37:34 »
Ermm when ever really... Are you in the GH steam group?

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 10:02:06 »
Ermm when ever really... Are you in the GH steam group?

hmmm no lol but i can try to search for it on my steam? xD

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 10:12:07 »
well feel free to add me on Steam; BALD_GYE

....fml... demoted to gold league at the start of this season............. from diamond to gold in two seasons.... and i had  a 72% w/l in plat :(

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 10:15:01 »
well feel free to add me on Steam; BALD_GYE

....fml... demoted to gold league at the start of this season............. from diamond to gold in two seasons.... and i had  a 72% w/l in plat :(

Added you I'm Intricate on steam as well xD

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 11:53:35 »

yeah becasue he didn't control it for ****, he let all his ghosts die for no reason lol

damn bomber's law =(
Oh well, i'll see him at Redbull BG NY =)

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 08:22:11 »
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Patch_2.0.12#Balance_Update

On November 11th, 2013, Blizzard released a Balance Update.

Protoss
Oracle
 - Movement speed increased from 3.375 to 4.
 - Acceleration increased from 2 to 3.
 - Units that burrow or cloak while under the effects of Revelation will once again be revealed after unburrowing or uncloaking.

Terran
Armory
 - Vehicle and Ship Weapon upgrades have been combined.

Siege Tank
 - Siege Mode attack period decreased from 3.0 to 2.8.

Widow Mine
 - Sentinel Missiles now deal reduced damage to units caught within its splash radius based on their distance from the target:
 - 40 damage within 1.25 radius.
 - 20 damage from 1.25 to 1.5.
 - 10 damage from 1.5 to 1.75.

Zerg
Roach Warren
 - The Tunneling Claws upgrade now increases burrowed Roach movement speed from 1.41 to 2.

THOUGHTS?

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 08:25:50 »
good.  I'm sick of widow mines exploding all my zerg
-wd

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 10:16:59 »
THOUGHTS?

seems like a fairly needless patch... would rather they make some unit that's not often used super strong for each race... like I duknow give carriers/bc's and vipers a masssive buff and see what happens...

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 11:17:36 »
they're trying to get people to stop using mines and go back to Tanks
by combining the upgrades, maybe more viable for that.

I dunno, get rid of the widow mine, gimmie back the warhound =D

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:37:48 »
gimmie back the warhound =D

Hell no!  :p

Got demoted from Master to Dia on both servers although I even beat a Master player in my placement match. My stats last season were also fine. +20wins or something.

Kinda sucks that Blizzard seems to place people more conservatively than before  :(

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 13:33:43 »
N/A Danule -  #345

Protoss

:)
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2013, 17:12:47 by Danule »
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 16:06:21 »
I think all the terran changes are justifiable. The combined armory upgrades should have come a long time ago. Hopefully this will make mech more viable.
The widowmine "nerf" is acceptable since I feel that it was too easy to simply burrow them and get a fixed damage output. The widowmine change will make it more fair overall, at the very least, since the damage will vary upon distance.
The Siege Tank buff is only a little helpful, but not completely useless.

Regarding the Zerg Roach Warren upgrade...Hopefully it will entice more Zerg players to use burrowing tactics in their strategy, forming an alternate meta game.

Although I like to Protoss, I don't think the Oracle buff is really justifiable. There's very little skill or micro needed to chronoboost a couple speedy oracles and kill off a dozen workers before the opponent can react.

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 17:12:18 »
disregard
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 13:57:32 »
Yea I definitely have to agree with all the Terran changes, it makes their playstyle a lot more variable overall. And I've seen a number of terrans play mech against me lately which is a good sign that it's starting to rise appropriately as a healthy mix of strats available.

For the Protoss, the oracle buff can be very annoying vs my terran friends lol. The speed of the oracle is quite... ridiculous xD

The zerg buff for the burrow movement is pretty awesome and doesn't really make the roach overpowered in anyway, just makes it more viable. I also found it as an awesome way to burrow hurt roaches pull them back and unburrow again xD almost like a zerg version of blink stalkers

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #172 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 14:49:25 »
im gaming for a while today if anyone wants to play some team games or practice soloing
used to be masters but now plat 1v1 diamond 2s
swimmingbird #821 on NA
<3

wd
-wd

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 15:07:56 »
Anyone saw sons of starcraft yet? I heard that it is TERRIBLE but i  didn't have a chance to see it yet. Share your vision on it if you have watched it.
What the hell am I even doing

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 15:18:40 »
Anyone saw sons of starcraft yet? I heard that it is TERRIBLE but i  didn't have a chance to see it yet. Share your vision on it if you have watched it.

yeah is garbage lol glad I didn't back it

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 16:24:33 »

It wasn't THAT bad to be honest, but it seems to me that it is just some weird interview put in a shot movie by some random guy. The stories in it were somehow nice but at the same time they felt out of place almost. No idea what they are trying to accomplish but it is not working out for sure.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #176 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 16:38:46 »

It wasn't THAT bad to be honest, but it seems to me that it is just some weird interview put in a shot movie by some random guy. The stories in it were somehow nice but at the same time they felt out of place almost. No idea what they are trying to accomplish but it is not working out for sure.

they had a budget of $40,000.... it was garbage

Offline keymaster

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 16:42:09 »

Artosis pockets are black holes. Who knows where much of that money really went.

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 16:48:39 »

Oh lol i somehow missed that 40k$ budged part ahah. Well yeah.. for so much money they could have done something so much better...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 16:55:32 »

Oh lol i somehow missed that 40k$ budged part ahah. Well yeah.. for so much money they could have done something so much better...

If you watched the Super Smash bro's documentary on there scene, they had a budget of about 12k i think it was and there's is a ****ing master piece, super well made and really interesting to watch (as someone who's never played that game)

Son's of Starcraft is a confused cluster-**** of random interviews, out of place edits of artosis and tastless walking around talking about nothing. There is no direction, no plot (hur hur) nothing of interest. Not even what they are telling is new... **** the Day9 daily about that WCG and the stock footage recorded of the event is 100x better than that ****ty waste of 30mins that is Pt.1

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 17:11:55 »
If you watched the Super Smash bro's documentary on there scene, they had a budget of about 12k i think it was and there's is a ****ing master piece, super well made and really interesting to watch (as someone who's never played that game)

Son's of Starcraft is a confused cluster-**** of random interviews, out of place edits of artosis and tastless walking around talking about nothing. There is no direction, no plot (hur hur) nothing of interest. Not even what they are telling is new... **** the Day9 daily about that WCG and the stock footage recorded of the event is 100x better than that ****ty waste of 30mins that is Pt.1
Is this free to watch? If it is can you please give me a link to check it out? Thanks :)

Offline Martyr

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 17:14:03 »
Haven't watched the first episode yet, wasn't going to bother after the reviews I've seen.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 17:14:14 »

Is this free to watch? If it is can you please give me a link to check it out? Thanks :)

sure! :)

its in 9 parts, here is pt1;

Offline divito

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 17:14:37 »
I play, but it's been awhile. Not any good, stuck back in silver after being gold for awhile. Simply have no time to improve.

divito.315 for anyone that's interested.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 17:59:29 »
Updated OP with more members sharing their bnet info =D
Hopefully I catch you guys online sometime tonight so I can send you guys invite to the clan =D
I'm also currently in plat and used to be in masters =(

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 18:00:29 »
Hopefully I catch you guys online sometime tonight so I can send you guys invite to the clan =D

a friend of mine who was in master league as random is in bronze league with 30+ wins and 2 losses... so don't feel  too bad :P

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 18:00:38 »

Yea Sons of Starcraft may have bad quality overall.. but I still thoroughly enjoyed Part 1 xD mainly because I'm interested in their stories

sure! :)

its in 9 parts, here is pt1;

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 18:14:13 »
I am protoss btw if you want you can update in the OP :)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 09:57:46 »
to Redbull Battlegrounds NY we go!

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 10:03:19 »
Sweet! Hf
-wd

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 13:46:07 »

nice! let us know how that goes projectD =D

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #191 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 14:04:05 »
wow have fun, say hi to PartinG from me ;)
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 14:06:25 »
Total Biscuit needs a sock in his mouth.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #193 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 14:25:16 »
Total Biscuit needs a sock in his mouth.

why?

Offline keymaster

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 15:06:49 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple

Offline keymaster

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #197 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 15:44:03 »
Bomber ~ !!
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline keymaster

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 15:46:49 »
Bomber ~ !!

I want him to beat Scarlett  :cool:
Go MULES go

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 17:45:09 »
I took pics on my camera instead of my phone. Bomber was not happy after losing. And they had him do a fan autograph signing right after.
Anyway here's a quick pic of what I got signed today so far.
Will post more when I get the pics off my camera. Days not over yet too, taking a dinner break lol