Author Topic: GH - StarCraft II: HotS/LotV players  (Read 183520 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: GH - StarCraft II: HotS players
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 12:52:34 »
Anyone here seen the new balance changes that they are thinking about putting on the test map;

Hello everyone,

We’re trying to finalize the changes we’d like to look into with a balance test map very soon. Like we said recently, our main focus has been on Protoss strength, especially against Terran.

Photon Overcharge duration decreased from 60 to 50

We’d like to try a smaller change with Photon Overcharge duration than we previously proposed because we agree that going too low on this side could negatively affect PvP. On the balance test map, we must make sure to not only test how the change works out against the other races, but also in one-base PvP play.

Time Warp energy cost increased from 75 to 100

This is another option we can go with. We hope this will decrease the effectiveness of early game Protoss strength, as well as somewhat decrease the power of Blink-based strategies, which have become a lot more effective recently.

Ghosts build with the energy upgrade built in

We believe this change will not only help Terran against Protoss, which is our top concern right now, but it’ll also help with TvP mech. Right now, we’re seeing a lot more mech usage in both TvT and TvZ, and as far as mech buffs go, we’d like to only touch TvP right now.

Hydralisk cost decreased from 100/50 to 100/25

We’re most concerned about PvZ with this change since Hydralisks are really only a core unit in that matchup. We’d love to see how the testing goes for this change on the next balance test map.

We don’t think this will be problematic for either side in TvZ right now. It’s very Zergling/Baneling/Mutalisk focused for Zerg, whereas Terran players are exploring mech play and have the already solid option to go bio. We were thinking this buff will potentially help open up some more options for Zerg in this matchup.

In ZvZ, we’re seeing a lot more Roach focused strategies than before and believe this change will allow for easier Roach/Hydra transitions.

Overall, we want to check what a general Hydralisk buff would do for all three matchups in the next balance test map.

Late game PvZ

Additionally on the Zerg front, we’re seeing a bit more in the way of super long and dragged out PvZ games in Europe. We’ve been discussing this internally and believe the main issue comes from using Swarm Hosts in a completely defensive way while taking additional expansions, massing Spore and Spine Crawlers, then continuing to play passively while using Vipers to pull key Protoss units into the forward, massed Zerg defenses. For this strategy, there are two main units involved, as well as the massing of base defenses, and we’d like a change that only hits this specific part of the PvZ game. We believe that when Swarm Hosts are not used in this manner, they aren’t an issue at the moment, especially when we see them being used in a lot of games coming from Korea. Similarly, when Vipers aren’t comboed with a mass of base defenses, we also don’t see the Viper being too powerful in other scenarios.

So the change that we’re thinking about is:

A Passive Tempest ability that allows them to deal 2-3 times more damage vs. Structures (We’re not 100% set on the actual value yet.)

Protoss players who are facing this very passive Zerg style can get Tempests without too much trouble, and they come into play late enough that we’d like to test this change. If Tempests can not only kill the Crawlers much faster, but also allow Protoss to make cost effective trades more easily in this mid-map standoff scenario, we believe there will be much less incentive for Zerg to play this way.

Again, none of this is final. We haven’t published a balance test map on it, yet. Your feedback is welcome, and if this process goes smoothly, we will look to publish a balance test map within the next couple of weeks at the latest.

Thank you.

lmao

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #351 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 14:37:23 »
100/25 hydras yumm lol

also, on another note... have any of you tried out Starbow Modded Maps? =D
I just tried it out yesterday with a friend, pretty damn fun if you ask me
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #352 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 14:56:52 »
100/25 hydras are reasonable for zvz, roach v roach can get so boring sometimes idk about other match ups tho P will must go fast colossi everytime...
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #353 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 14:59:19 »
100/25 hydras are reasonable for zvz, roach v roach can get so boring sometimes idk about other match ups tho P will must go fast colossi everytime...

The problem is that P open SG to prevent muta openings... so Z go for a roach/hydra timing so they can get there 4th and try and stop the protoss 3rd... so P has to (off a SG opening) rush colli anyway... this buff makes it so this attack can be stronger and/or gives the zerg a bigger gas bank to switch into mass muta off it... which ****s P again lol... it would break pvz for no reason

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #354 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 08:34:44 »

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2014, 10:43:07 by baldgye »

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #355 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 09:53:55 »
LOL! nice baldgye! =D

Offline mgwhat

« Reply #356 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 12:43:30 »
Hey guys new to this forum and about to get my first mechanical keyboard!  was wondering wha switches you guys prefer for your sc2 gaming as that is what I play mostly.

I've checked around and there are a few resources that specify what model keyboards the pros use but don't usually specify the switch type.  I'm leaning towards blacks but I'm afraid they'll be too stiff after having tried reds briefly. Blues aren't really an option due to noise concerns my gf will kill me.  so mainly I'm looking at brown, reds or blacks.  which do you guys prefer?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #357 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 12:55:55 »
I personally use blue's but if I couldn't I'd probably go with browns... sometimes I feel like I have to press the keys more than I'd like too with blues, but I'm used too it now

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #358 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 13:20:08 »
Hey guys new to this forum and about to get my first mechanical keyboard!  was wondering wha switches you guys prefer for your sc2 gaming as that is what I play mostly.

I've checked around and there are a few resources that specify what model keyboards the pros use but don't usually specify the switch type.  I'm leaning towards blacks but I'm afraid they'll be too stiff after having tried reds briefly. Blues aren't really an option due to noise concerns my gf will kill me.  so mainly I'm looking at brown, reds or blacks.  which do you guys prefer?
I wouldn't recommend blacks for SC it will hurt your fingers. If you want linear switch go with reds and if you like a small bump while pressing go with browns. I personally use blues since I don't mind the noise and I am quite used to them even for gaming.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #359 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 13:21:04 »
Today I met AGMurderCore on the ladder and he stomped me :))
Edit: oops double post  :-[

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #360 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 14:38:37 »
Today I met AGMurderCore on the ladder and he stomped me :))
Edit: oops double post  :-[
Stomp is really not the right word here, it was just a nice game that i managed to win, but you played well!
What the hell am I even doing

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #361 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 14:40:17 »

I play with reds or blacks. It doesn't matter though, when it comes to noise, because I bottom out anyway. Use whatever you like; everyone is different.

Most pros probably use blues or blacks, but that's because they get sponsorships and again, it doesn't really matter in the end.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #362 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 17:30:59 »

I play with reds or blacks. It doesn't matter though, when it comes to noise, because I bottom out anyway. Use whatever you like; everyone is different.

Most pros probably use blues or blacks, but that's because they get sponsorships and again, it doesn't really matter in the end.
Actually it does matter, most pros (at least in SC) use browns. More than 300 apm with blacks will hurt your arms quite bad. Sponsorship doesn't limit the players even tho some still play on rubberdomes :S

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #363 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 17:44:06 »
I know a lot of Koreans use rubber domes because it's what they are used too and the keyboards are cheap so they can have like 3 with them at any given tournament as back ups

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #364 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:36:27 »
MY BOY MASA IS IN PREMIER **** YEAH DINNER

troll trying to convince me he lost before it showed on stream
I love Elzy

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #365 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 01:49:11 »
Boring boring swarm hosts suck

Offline tbc

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 02:24:45 »
is this for real...?

3 freaking terrans in code s?  at last MARaUderking is in :D
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 04:45:08 »
I have SC2! If you like crappy TD like squadron, call me!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #368 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 09:15:31 »
is this for real...?

I'm pretty happy about it. Protoss was in this position in WoL GSL and you never saw the QQ reddit threads and every Protoss player crying about how hard PvT was...

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #369 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 14:39:56 »
MY BOY MASA IS IN PREMIER **** YEAH DINNER

troll trying to convince me he lost before it showed on stream

congrats to Masa man! =D

edit: Also.. I've been enjoying Starbow lately soooooo fun!
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 January 2014, 14:41:29 by TLSC.wipeOut »

Offline tbc

« Reply #370 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 23:44:18 »
is this for real...?

I'm pretty happy about it. Protoss was in this position in WoL GSL and you never saw the QQ reddit threads and every Protoss player crying about how hard PvT was...

they were saying that time was 6 protoss at least.  it's not about balance at all; the majority HATES mirror matches (bad for viewership numbers) and pvz isn't good enough to make up for 50%+ mirror matches.  the only good thing is i don't have to watch bio balls being brain-electrocuted to death.  have they shown the brackets yet?

still frustrated with jjakji leaving code s, but understandable.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #371 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 04:26:08 »
is this for real...?

they were saying that time was 6 protoss at least.  it's not about balance at all; the majority HATES mirror matches (bad for viewership numbers) and pvz isn't good enough to make up for 50%+ mirror matches.  the only good thing is i don't have to watch bio balls being brain-electrocuted to death.  have they shown the brackets yet?

still frustrated with jjakji leaving code s, but understandable.

It was pretty bad for a Protoss player back in the day tbf (results wise)... it's not much to do with balance at least from my point of view playing ladder it's just Terrans making bad choices.
My most common experience is T scanning my base, seeing templar opening, trying to drop and loosing medivacs and crying about it... when the reason I opened templar is to stop drops but with this opening I struggle to be aggressive because of bunkers... but the only thing terrans never do after seeing this is just get a fast 3rd.

I've not watched much GSL recently but at a pro level the only thing that could be considered too strong I think is the blink all in, but then how long did it take Protoss's to learn how to combat 111?

Offline tbc

« Reply #372 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 04:51:46 »
the resurgence of blink  all-in is really weird.  there were alot of buffs(seige mode) and nerfs(longer blink research) that should have made that impossible.  it's all back to the mothership core again...timewarp and high ground vision before observer is insanely strong.

early game is ridiculously bad for terran.  but late game losses are cause they're getting lazy with snipes. 

this whole templar thing is really parting's fault; he was pulling off psibiobombs way back in  summer of 2012.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #373 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 06:26:57 »
the resurgence of blink  all-in is really weird.  there were alot of buffs(seige mode) and nerfs(longer blink research) that should have made that impossible.  it's all back to the mothership core again...timewarp and high ground vision before observer is insanely strong.

early game is ridiculously bad for terran.  but late game losses are cause they're getting lazy with snipes. 

this whole templar thing is really parting's fault; he was pulling off psibiobombs way back in  summer of 2012.

I have to disagree I think Terran has the of the strongest early games. The blink all in, is exactly that, an all in. Everyone knows what the fix for it should be though, and that's vision range.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #374 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 14:25:35 »
I have SC2! If you like crappy TD like squadron, call me!
Play crappy squad TD with me!
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #375 on: Fri, 31 January 2014, 19:55:25 »
http://twitch.tv/rootmasa

we going toronto lan tomorrw
I love Elzy

Offline tbc

« Reply #376 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 03:02:47 »

I have to disagree I think Terran has the of the strongest early games. The blink all in, is exactly that, an all in. Everyone knows what the fix for it should be though, and that's vision range.

i'm only talking about the highest levels of play.

i have only seen a single win by terran before a 9:30 scv pull against (old) fast templars and the protoss didn't even put up more than a single forcefield.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #377 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 12:09:32 »
http://twitch.tv/rootmasa

we going toronto lan tomorrw

I'll be streaming some from home too! =D I'll try and cast it hehe

http://twitch.tv/intricate411

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #378 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 23:04:10 »
my boi masa taking another tournament...

The Tyrant Terran ~
I love Elzy

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #379 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 23:20:10 »
my boi masa taking another tournament...

The Tyrant Terran ~
that combat shield timing wpwp

Offline tbc

« Reply #380 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 01:03:57 »
^ are you guys talking about a specific game?

VOD link?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 01:27:01 »
Terran so imba tvp

Offline tbc

« Reply #382 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 04:34:57 »
^ #tosstears

:P

did people see jaedong's game 5 vs hero iem cologne? so sad for the tyrant.  losing by 2 hits against a warp prism

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 05:11:28 »
Not really, I find PvT easy, not because it's imbalanced but because most Terran players are garbage.

Oh I see he has a robo, better make marines and marauders... Oh he has Templar better try and drop him and.... Erm what should I do with these 5-6 Vikings I blindly made? Durrr better wait for storm to finish before I attack.... Uuurrrrrrr Protoss imba

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 06:39:07 »
^ #tosstears

:P

did people see jaedong's game 5 vs hero iem cologne? so sad for the tyrant.  losing by 2 hits against a warp prism

Yea I feel sad for JD too but honestly it was his fault, fighting off creep and not targeting WP. I can't take away nothing from HerO too he played amazingly, that immortal..

^ are you guys talking about a specific game?

VOD link?

I can't seem to find VODs but it was final game of MLGs Enders Game tournament that Destiny and Catz casted, nothing too special just NA level starcraft :p  ;D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #385 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 15:35:24 »
u mean MaSa destroying everyone?
I love Elzy

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #386 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 17:06:57 »
Go Bomber!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 23:10:52 »
I miss brood war.
Remember when everybody had a leopold or filco?
Not this crappy sponsorship ****.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #388 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 23:15:05 »
I miss brood war.

most of the pros were using a rubber dome...
QSENN DT-35....

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 00:15:54 »
I miss brood war.

QSENN DT-35....

Really?
I'm not talking about the early Brood War days.
I'm talking about gom.tv in 2008ish.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #390 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 08:34:58 »
I miss brood war.

QSENN DT-35....

Really?
Yea they were still using Qsenn definitely untill I wanna say 09/10 when mech boomed in Korea, even though some still use that ****ty Qsenn (never understood why?) as seen in the most recent LosirA apm video...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #391 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 09:27:01 »
I miss brood war.

QSENN DT-35....

Really?
Yea they were still using Qsenn definitely untill I wanna say 09/10 when mech boomed in Korea, even though some still use that ****ty Qsenn (never understood why?) as seen in the most recent LosirA apm video...

Because they are cheap, they can buy like 5-6 and carry spares around with them, its so that if they break they dont have to worry about replanting them.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #392 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 13:08:48 »
I miss brood war.

QSENN DT-35....

Really?

really the mechanical KB switch didn't happen until about 2 years ago.
Until the "gamer" keyboard switched to mechs from LED rubber domes.

from like 2005, "gamers" were marketed to the hugely successful Logitech G15 as the "choice" for gaming keyboards remember?
With its cool LCD screen?

but yeah look at Losira/KangHo just a few weeks ago in SC2 lol

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #393 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 14:59:34 »
how dare any of you disgrace the legendary dt-35. Better domes than topper trash
I love Elzy

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #394 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 15:14:05 »
how dare any of you disgrace the legendary dt-35. Better domes than topper trash

You keep pushin' me boy......and I'll scrap YOU along with the aliens!

Offline tbc

« Reply #395 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 04:14:52 »
i hope evetyone just wätched fantady vs life proleague.

my theory on biomech vs mass mutas works lol.  apparently you son't need widow mines fpr defense though; speedvac thorsare good enough

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 13:57:39 »
I'm gonna be casting LAN ETS this weekend in Montreal, huge event so check it out.
I love Elzy

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #397 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 13:58:15 »
Bring me back something cool  :-*

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #398 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 13:59:41 »
I'm gonna be casting LAN ETS this weekend in Montreal, huge event so check it out.

Nice! Please post the stream link in this thread  :thumb:

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 25 February 2014, 14:07:35 »
SK Telecom 2013 Jersey On Sale at TeamLiquid.net Store on March 3

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!